• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Illmatic Presents: IllFest - August 19th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Illmatic Presents: IllFest!

This will be the second tournament I have hosted. The last one (Batman's Booty Busting Birthday Brawl) went very quickly and smoothly. Overall it was a great experience and I wanted to run another tournament before school started and to get in some good games after QuakeCon. Hopefully this one will be bigger and better than the last!

(Fifteen minutes away from P-4's)

If you have trouble call me on my cell: 832-310-9872

Date: August 19th 2010

Schedule: 12:00PM to 11:00 AM

Singles price: $3

Payout:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

WE ARE DOING DOUBLES THIS TIME!

Doubles Price: $6 per team
Payout:
1st:60%
2nd:30%
3rd:10%

RULES

Random/neutral: Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium 1,

Counter-pick: Brinstar, Frigate, Rainbow Cruise, Lylat Cruise, Halberd, Castle Siege, Delfino, Jungle Japes

Banned: Everything else. YOU CANNOT PLAY ON ANY OTHER STAGE. PERIOD!

1. Each match should be a 3 Stock battle with a 8 minute timer

2. Items are set to "off" and "none"

3. Set format (In Order of Procedure):
For Game 1 of each set, the higher seeded Player/Team must strike 1 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The lower seeded Player/Team must then strike 2 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The higher seeded Player/Team must then choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages.
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

4. All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

5. In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

6. No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

7. In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

8. If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

9. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

10. By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match. Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.

11. The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Specific rules

DeDeDe's Infinite grab. You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE. NOT EVEN ONCE. The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal.

The Infinite grab-release on ness/lucas is banned. You must HIT them out of the release, do not re-grab.

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners.

Stalling

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.

MetaKnight Ledge Grab Limit Rule

ALL METAKNIGHTs that enter a match will be under the LGL rule. Metaknights are allowed to grab the ledge a TOTAL of 40 times PER MATCH(assuming the game goes to timer). The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your entire SET or match( the TO will decide).

Stage Gliding Rule(metaknight ONLY)

Due to recent events of M2k vs Meep/Gnes, i have created the Stage Gliding Rule. Metaknight is not allowed to glide under ANY stage more than 2 times in a row. He MUST land an attack in order to be able to reset the the stage glide count.

Bring some money - we have a Cici's and alot of other restaurants right around the corner we may stop by whenever people get hungry.

We have TONS of room!
Everyone is welcome!

I don't care if I don't know you, if you wanna just stop by and play some Brawl thats cool too.

We NEEED setups!
If you have a wii/tv try to bring it! I have enough space for about 6/7 TV's so the tournament should run very smoothly.

If you plan on showing up please post it in this thread

Also....I will money match anyone with my Peach!

If you are mid tier or under (Exclusing Toon Link) I'll money match you DOUBLE!

(Example)
You wager:$2
You win: you get $4
I win: I get $2

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lol, Cici's...

z00ted

We don't have to go to Cici's guys.. we have alot more time on our hands this time around :D

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
We can decide when it's time.

Also, ruleset. Old Hobo or new ones? Or maybe...BBR 3.1?

z00ted

oh... yeah.... hmmm lets just do the same ruleset that Xyro is doing for Hobo 27.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
I suggest bumping teams up to $6 per team, or else you're going to be getting a lot of quarters.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Well I checked today and my parents have already changed their work schedules to help me move up on Thursday, so it's unlikely.

z00ted

Oh alright... :o
You can come over anytime if you finish that though :D

z00ted

Jerm.. you already know I'm winning this.
Is Razer coming?

z00ted

asdflasdjflkasjdflkajsdklfj

:(

I wish I could do it any other day, but I can't :(

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Naaa son

Illmatic is mine bwhaha

We gotta practice for the mid tier **** we gonna give everyone at hobo

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Yall can go where you want, im going to Mc Ds or something other than a teen fad(chic fila) or Vomit central(taco bell)

z00ted

McDonalds!!!!!

Ronald McDonald is black!? (or extremely tan)

z00ted

I'm pretty sure Shadow (PJ) needs a ride too, can anyone help him out?

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Liking the stage list by the way. Japes is too good.

Hoping NY starts to legalize it in more places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom