• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darklink's Tournament, Tempe, Arizona, AUG 14th RESULTS

Singles Round Robin

1: Darklink (mk, falco)
2: Silly Kyle (peach)
3: Lonewolf (marth,mk)
4: The Sandwich Arteest (olimar)
5: Arnone (mk)
6: Brett (snake, rob)
7: Torgo (kirby, rob)
8: Prince Poppycock (snake)
9: Rain
10: K9
11: Giant
12: Rave Remix
13: Stimulant
14: Tokyo
15: Ethyl
16: Prevv

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
It was really good to see (most of) you guys again.
Great tourney. LOTS of new faces. Too many laughs.

Darklink: Love ya Chris. your alterantes are too fun to fight.
Silly Kyle: PAYOUT *****ES WOOTWOOT. Good stuff beating Lonewolf.
Lonewolf: Come back soon so I can sandbag some more
The Sandwich Arteest aka DerpDaBerp: You're way too fly with those aviators.
Arnone: I can tell you're getting better. Enjoy Florida.
Brett: You pretty tight man. Those Snake matches were too intense.
Torgo: **** Brinstar
Prince Poppycock: Don't let that 10-year-old ***** ruin all your dreams
Rain: So fun to troll all over you <3
K9: TOP TEN. Don't stop.
Giant: yay Ike
Rave Remix: You're a really smart guy, more practice and tourney experience and you'll be up the PR in no time
sT!Mulant: Really glad you could come. You're too good with yo-yos and butterfly knives
Tokyo: It just didn't fell right not playing you :/ next time :)
Ethyl: I like you , man. Come to more and grow with the community.

Forward: Wish I could smash with more people like you and Chris more often man. Nice to see you.
Bryce: Fun matches dude. We should talk more.
Jar'd: We laughed TOO MUCH at this tourney haha. Enter next time >: (
Pat: PAT! I turned around and I was like, :DDD. Come next time :(
Tai: <33333
Axe: U!S!A!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Stimulant: Coolest guy ever
Arnone: Nice meeting you. Have fun in FL. Their smash scene is great, afaik, both Brawl and Melee
Darklink: The time you spent making this thread is time better spent watching Clannad

lonewolf537

Smash Journeyman
1: Darklink (mk, falco): host on the 28th man, it would be the last chance i have of going to anything
2: Silly Kyle (peach): good ****
4: The Sandwich Arteest (olimar): lolimar
9: Rain: you such a ***** for paying in change

Pandaxen

Smash Cadet
Axe: fthrow tech chases. <3
Tai: Thanks for the training session. <3
Dualcats: Fun smashing with you again man. AZ will miss you. D:
Derp: Nado-less MK dittos are fun.
Silly Kyle: OMFG YOUR PEACH IS SOOOO GOOOD
Darklink: Nice meeting you dude, you're a really chill guy.
Tommy: It's too easy for that witch. lol
Bryce: Bryce for Sugar Game Top Tier.
WHO WAS THE AMAZING DUDE WITH THE YO-YO?!
Ch3s: You Luigi is soooo legit. You should consider getting a new controller.
Scythe: Another Mewtwo? Yay for AZ.
Everyone else, nice meeting you.

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
Good tournament Chris me and Brett had a lot of fun.

Shout out to everyone who showed up, and everyone I played. GG's, I'm slowly getting better, hopefully I'll do better at the next tournament.

Derp sorry I didn't play you. I had to go but my brother was kinda holding me up. Next tournament :)

Stimulant, cool meeting you and are match was nuts. Come to more tournaments.

Lastly, still don't know enough of you people. I wanna get better, and become a legit member in AZ brawl. I'll play more of you at the next tournament.

Do another one soon Chris :)

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
AWESOME TOURNAMENT!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

A round robin was such a good idea too!!! Playing everyone really made me feel good as a Peach main. I didn't drop a game to anyone except Darklink. w00t w00t!!!

1: Darklink (mk, falco) – Chris, you better be afraid. Very afraid. My Peach is going to evolve into a mean, Pink/Green fighting machine!! Seriously though!!! You are going to feel the pain. Haha, but I love you and you are such an amazing player. It makes me want to try that much harder to beat you. And I know I can do it. :)

2: Silly Kyle (peach) – 2nd place beotches!! w00t w00t!! <3

3: Lonewolf (marth,mk) – OMG our set was so effing epic!! Unbelievable!! I’m so glad I was finally able to beat your stupid Marth in a convincing 3-0 set. My sword play on the last stock during the Delfino match is Peach’s God tier potential. The hype was lots of fun and I remember my heart was pounding the whole time. What a great way to start the season!! Sucks you’re moving! Peace out!!

4: The Sandwich Arteest (olimar) – Your Olimar is so God **** annoying!! Haha, stop rolling so much, you newb!! You get punished pretty hard for it haha. But I think you’ve definitely improved and I’m excited to see what good things come from Tucson as we train together.

5: Arnone (mk) – Gosh, so many people moving!! Your Meta Knight is getting a lot better!! I hate it, please stop improving. Haha, but I know you will become even better when you go to Florida and play all their top players. Come back and stomp everyone into the ground!!

6: Brett (snake, rob) – Wtf, I totes confused you were Tokyo. Wow, so I was surprised I was able to 3 stock your Snake. I definitely think your ROB is better… but that’s just me. Keep it up, I definitely see you becoming a big threat to the AZ brawl scene in a few months.

7: Torgo (kirby, rob) – I’m glad I’m able to get some Kirby practice because it’s definitely a matchup I don’t see here in Tucson. Well, maybe I will see it more now since Tim (aka Stimulant) seems interested in getting involved with the Brawl scene. Hopefully you can work on the Peach matchup and show my Peach what’s up!

8: Prince Poppycock (snake) – I guarantee you were the luckiest mother****er ever last weekend. I’m glad I got the chance to stomp you into the ground this time with a proper ruleset, a good night’s sleep, a better frame of mind, and no stupid lag bull****. However, I’m still salty like a pretzel!!

9: Rain – Don’t ever give up!! It was fun hanging out with you and I hope you find the knowledge you need to take it to the next level in Brawl and Melee.

10: K9 – Keep working on your Falco and never, ever give on your Link. He’s so effing legit, our second match with Peach vs. Link was fun stuff!! What an annoying matchup!! I believe you have the potential to take Link (and your Falco) far into tournament once you pick up some nuances of gameplay that come with experience and practice. Watch videos for sure!!

11: Giant – Nice Ike man. Keep it up.

12: Rave Remix – Nice Toon Link. I don’t know if you were nervous when we fought, but I definitely saw you putting in some work against other players. You got this!!

13: Stimulant – Tim!! You were such a hit with the Smash crowd!! Your yo-yo skills are sexy as **** and you should definitely come out and practice more with some of your fellow Tucsonians. Your Kirby was tearing **** up for someone with relatively small tournament experience.

14: Tokyo – Nice seeing you around.

15: Ethyl – You were a really cool dude!! You definitely look a lot younger than you say you are. I like your Peach, keep working on her. Come out more often if you can!! You will totes improve by playing the best more often.

16: Prevv – Great Pit!! I think you have some serious potential. No joke. Don’t leave so early next time!!!

Tai – Ughhh Marth is sooooooo annoying. I finally get past my hurdle in Brawl, but it’s still ****ing there in Melee. I will find a crack in your playstyle/Marth with Peach and I will DESTROY YOU!!!!!! Hahahahahahahaha, the conversation in Chris’ bedroom was too good!!!

Axe – Stop sandbagging me you hooker!! Haha, but seriously you are such an inspiration to me. Your dedication and passion to this game elevates my spirit. Whenever you are around, I always have a great time and your presence is very soothing for some reason lol. Can’t wait to see you again soon!!

Karl – I had a lot of fun playing you!! You’ve definitely gotten better dude, please don’t ever give up and I am mad at you for moving. Pursue higher education here in Arizona!! Haha, but I understand.

Pandaxen – I’m glad I got to play you!! It makes me feel good that you think my Peach is good. Work on your tech skill and think deeply about the game, the matchups, spacing, etc.

Jard – What the ****!? You need to enter tournaments more often ****er. We seriously need to fight soon too, in a grudge match, money match, or tournament. It’s long overdue, dude. I’m going to give your MK/Snake the business!!

Forward – It was fun playing your Falco!! Definitely an annoying, campy piece of ****, but it’s also still really good at the same time. Stop it haha. Find a way to beat Chris, I know you can do it. Because I’m going to find a way too. :)

Bryce – DUDE!!!!!!!!!! I ****ING LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!! It makes me sooooooo sad that you don’t live here in Tucson. We would totes have the best of times. Like wtf!? I love our laughing tobacco sessions together. <3 Please come down to Tucson for the Melee tourney on Saturday!!

Patrick – It sucks you weren’t able to participate in the tourney this time!! Hope you don’t have plans in the way next time so we can get a chance to play eachother/hangout with a good friend of mine who goes by Mary Jane. ;)

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
I see im influencing some to use rob! (looks at torgo and brett) and i heard there was a pit user at the tourny. Glad that my characters arnt so random *** anymore here.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I used Rob before you did, Kira.

Also, shoutouts to Tommy, Tommy, Tim, and Kyle: This is how we eat the ***** round here ;D

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
1: Darklink – You're so awesome for always hosting. After that convo in your room though..... GAAAAAY.

2: Silly Kyle – I WILL END YOU
FAIR SPIKE JOHNS ALL DAY. WORTHLESS

3: Lonewolf – I'm glad I was able to fairly well against you before you have to move. I liked our set a lot.

4: Olimar-using asshole – I WILL DESTROY YOU

5: Arnone – It's unfortunate that you too are leaving. Thanks for the compliments on my newly attained Snake Powers.

6: Brett – I enjoyed our set too, I would like to play you a bit more next time.

7: Torgo – GG's man.

8: Prince Poppycock/TommyDerFAIRSPIKEMeister (SNAAAAAAAAAAAKE!) – DESTROY ALL WHO STAND IN YOUR PATH.

9: Rain – Dude, despite my **** talk, and general trolling of you IRL, I do think you are very cool, and I'm making it a point to decimate you the next time we play. That AK was great too man. Just remember that my shit-talk is just for comedic effect, and only happens when I'm blazed. Don't hate me.

10: K9 – I don't really get to talk to you often, but I kinda had fun fighting Falco. I was hoping you would go Link so I could use CAPTAIN FALCON, but whatever, stick with Falco for sure

11: Giant – Your Ike was doing this jab canceling stuff that I hadn't seen before, i thought it was pretty interesting. Ike is a cool character man, keep it up.

12: Rave Remix – GG's man, definitley come t omore tourneys. Toon Link is annoying, and I got close to bringing back that second match with Falcon.

13: Stimulant – Everyone loved you man, but you should have totally cut the ***** up at IHOP. Come with us to more tourneys, Tucson needs more people.

14: Tokyo – I don't remember if we played. sorry. :(

15: Ethyl – I didn't get to play you, but hanging out outside and smoking with you was great. Definitly come to more tourneys, and you can play my sh**y CAPTAIN FALCON.

16: Prevv – I know we didn't play, i guess you left early. next time.

Tai – We really didn't get to talk at all this time. :(

Axe – 5th place at Apex, I'm proud you man. 1st or 2nd next time though when you **** that easy witch Armada uses.

Karl – We didn't get to play before you left (I think.) Well you better come back and visit, and your power level had better increase by then.

Pandaxen – It really is TOO EASY for that WITCH. I haven't played 1v1 Melee with you yet, next time.

Jard – F*** You and your ****ty Falcon. j/k but enter next time you worthless soon-to-be orphan. <3

Forward – You totally could have stayed and entered the RR since it didn't go into a bracket. I want to see some good s**t from that Falco your practicing.

Bryce – I love you so much man, you are a **** for starting games when I'm trying to leave, but I can't not, forgive you.

Patrick – Dude, I wish we could have hung out a little and smoked, next time though, don't let this PR stuff bring you down man, just SHOW THEM YOUR MOVES.

k9.

Smash Ace
1: Darklink (mk, falco)
good tourney and our games were really fun im going to be ready for a bracket next tourney so if its round robin next tourney please do top half in a brax please! lol
and i want to come to your house like fareal lol

2: Silly Kyle (peach)
i think the matches we had were fun, but the second match i thought i was going to win XD but i wanna play next time for sure. Your peach is legit its the best peach i have ever played.

sorry to here that you are leaving i never got to talk to you much but see ya hope you still play when you move.

4: The Sandwich Arteest (olimar)
4!!!! dam ok steppin it up. keep up the good work i didn't know you did this good wow keep it up.

went MK for the last tourney lol i like the bang out last tourney mk thing haha good ****

i really want to play you again. when i went link its because i feel so comfortable with him but when hit that combo on me i wanted to just put that controller down lol but good matches.

1st of all thanks for the ride lolz but yea good matches kirby is my worst match up with any char but yea good games.

yea i don't talk to you much either like i don't really talk much like i usally do when im at the tourney but ill like open up more as i go.

9: Rain
Thanks rain for the tips like when ever i go a tourney you like help me improve my game so thanks man.

RANK THIS ***** HAHA

good games. nice ike it was different to see an ike good games.

dude dont give up like your not that bad fun TL

dont remember you sorry man

we need to play more friendlies lol and you mk wasn't as bad as you were saying

fun games. i hate wolf XD

you should play offline more and come to more tourneys

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
Tai and Axe- Im alergic to all the sand, *******s! <3 you

Panda- ur a beast

Everyone else- i just finished homework, you dont get a shout out, but i ur probly cool so...wassssuuuupppp

Top Bottom