• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Strategy, getting onto the Stage with full invincibility on Battlefield

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
this is something I discovered 7 months ago. I think I showed it to Keitaro at Viridian City 7

The timing is pretty strict but it helps with one of falcos worse problems(getting of the ledge) on his best stage(Battlefield)

basically if you time it perfectly you can get of the ledge and double jump onto one of the two lower stage platforms depending on what side you're on.

If you grab the ledge, let go during your invincibility, double jump forward, and air dodge; then you'll be invincible the whole time until you land onto the platform with 2 frames of landing lag.

So if you shield upon landing on the platform, then your opponent will only have 2 frames to punish you(unless you have upB/SideB lag)

Application

OR

Laem

Smash Champion
full invincibility my ***
esp considering you've probably used side b or upb to get to the ledge in the first place
for confirmation, you did consider that you can only drop off starting from like frame 21 of the like 42 inv frames?

but in the end
alright option.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Haha, great post and illustration, GIMR. Useful and humorous :)

Also, I agree that BF is Falco's best stage. I'm still waiting for people to figure that out and ban BF instead of FD against Falco :p

swordsaint

Smash Master
Haha, great post and illustration, GIMR. Useful and humorous :)

Also, I agree that BF is Falco's best stage. I'm still waiting for people to figure that out and ban BF instead of FD against Falco :p
I agree, but as soon as they do we'll take them to FD and they'll have a cry over it. :p

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
full invincibility my ***
esp considering you've probably used side b or upb to get to the ledge in the first place
for confirmation, you did consider that you can only drop off starting from like frame 21 of the like 42 inv frames?

but in the end
alright option.

Your invincible the whole time because you air dodge during your ledge invincibility and you land on the platform during your air dodge invincibility frames. So they only have 2 frames to punish. Unless you have side/B/Up-B lag.(Which I already stated)

This is why it's important to read before posting kids

It's not really a read, but more of a visual representation lol

But, this can be applied to other stages as well if you think about it. Halberd or Delfino for example. Or perhaps Brinstar. If you FF from the ledge, 2nd jump airdodge, this should generate the same effect. Albeit you are landing on the stage instead of a platform, which is even better. I might look into it to see if it is really as full proof as what has already been shown.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I agree, but as soon as they do we'll take them to FD and they'll have a cry over it. :p
Falco is easy on FD.

The main reason I'm posting here, though, is to express my enthusiasm that your character boards finally acknowledge that BF is amazing. Nobody in NJ believed me for the longest time!

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I'd rather play against Falco on FD over BF as Snake any day of the week, and I do 100 times better too.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Like a boss.

Provides interesting mix-ups. I like.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
With the 2 frame landing lag it's definitely plausible.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah airdodge>bdacus is possible, but why would you ever do it on a platform ?

That aside, in case of BSL being active when you grab the ledge (which is like 75% of the time) what would you people suggest ? I usually Laser>regrab until they approach then laser>phantasm.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yeah airdodge>bdacus is possible, but why would you ever do it on a platform ?

That aside, in case of BSL being active when you grab the ledge (which is like 75% of the time) what would you people suggest ? I usually Laser>regrab until they approach then laser>phantasm.
I keep track of it, usually get unto the stage normally thru getup/getup atk/roll, then run away, when i get to a safe spot i sh.

Santa_Clauz

Smash Rookie
Actually, doing it to a BDACUS if you've done it once or twice and your enemy is there to intercept would be ****, gives us a nice way to pull a surprise kill out if they're on high percents.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The illustrations are the best ever.

Good stuff man I'll definitely be getting this down asap.

I am refering to landing on the platform. I always seem short even after what seems like perfect timing after release. But meh... I'm always bad when it comes to timing. Took me forever to get lagless lasers a good majority of the time.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
Your invincible the whole time because you air dodge during your ledge invincibility and you land on the platform during your air dodge invincibility frames. So they only have 2 frames to punish. Unless you have side/B/Up-B lag.(Which I already stated)

This is why it's important to read before posting kids

yo i got some stuff to show you bdacus stuff and some other kool things..... and kids really?

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
thats wat i thought just goto training mode and slow it down you will see that the frames still are inv after double jumping to air dodge its very easy just grab ledge>then immediately double jump>then air dodge very simple.

Top Bottom