• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combos Anyone?

SiidSadik

Smash Cadet
I have some combo ideas (probably already well known) but if I could get your thoughts on my combos and throw in some of your combos, it would be much appreciated.

1. dthrow to dashed usmash to uair (works best at 0%, instant 43-43%)

2. dthrow to fsmash (fsmash with purple pikmin only) to usmash

3. nair to ground to instant dsmash

4. whistle to instant dsmash

5. short hopped up special to instant smash

6. if opponent air dodges uair, fastfall into a bair/fair

Waggle

Smash Rookie
fthrow to fair to fair/pikmin throw to fsmash/pikmin throw.

Not my combo, but I use it a lot. If there's something better, please tell me.

Darn purple pikmin always ruin this combo.

Also, about number 5. Doesn't Olimar take too long to get up after landing in helpless state?

Latias

Smash Journeyman
i somehow combo with ftilt, usually by accident, but i dont get punished as it has high knockback and kills at about 130-200%

Weruop

Smash Ace
I have some combo ideas (probably already well known) but if I could get your thoughts on my combos and throw in some of your combos, it would be much appreciated.

1. dthrow to dashed usmash to uair (works best at 0%, instant 43-43%)

2. dthrow to fsmash (fsmash with purple pikmin only) to usmash

3. nair to ground to instant dsmash

4. whistle to instant dsmash

5. short hopped up special to instant smash

6. if opponent air dodges uair, fastfall into a bair/fair
1 - this is good. try to follow up with an upair, or anticipate an air dodge, and then upsmasha gain

2 - on heavies i suppose this would work, but id rather upsmash

3 - this one is good, as is nair to upsmash

4 - mm, idk about this. a lot of the time, right after u whistle and try to smash attack, the pikmin wont do anything

5 - idk what u mean here. if ur plauying a floaty character and u SH upb and they air dodge, then afterwards u might be able to f smash once u get back to the ground, and before jigglypuff gets inr ange to hit u

6 - this isnt a combo lol, but its a good idea i guess, assuming u mean fullhop upair

nair to fair at low percentage is good

up smash to upsmash at low percent (US OoS helps makes this more simple)

purple pikmin throw to running grab too :d

Greward

Smash Lord
pretty much eveything is already known

btw dthrow dash attack usmash has worked to me recently just like dthrow fair dtilt dunno if they are really viable

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
First, Zori, shut up :p

Second, Greward that's interesting. Could be dangerous against some characters, but I'm always willing to try new things, and dtilt sounds like another followup to me :D

Now, for the posts: like people mentioned, these are already known :)

1) Only works consistently on heavies, pretty much everyone else can DI, jump, or air dodge out of it by the uair. Still great if you land it, or even delay the uair a bit if you read an air dodge.

2) I'm pretty sure this isn't guaranteed, though it might be possible at 0% with a White Dthrow > Yellow Fsmash - otherwise people can DI away from you to avoid the fsmash. You're better off going for a Usmash or Fair followup (more on that later).

4) This is good if you can land it, but oftentimes you'd have to whistle long before getting close enough to the ground to Dsmash before your opponent can react with something else. As such, it's much safer to insert a nair in the middle; it'll be incomplete if you fast fall it, letting you combo into Dsmash sometimes and Usmash nearly all the time.

5) It can be good as a baiting tool if you space it well; just don't use it to often or people will probably adapt and start air dodging the Usmash and following up with a punish.

@Waggle: Fthrow isn't the best for throw combos; it's best use is for kills if your other options are stale/unsafe, or as a desperate GTFO move if you really need space (time to pluck pikmin is the only thing I can think of that would warrant staling it). When you're going for throw combos, Dsmash is always your friend. Also, you should be short hopping all of your Dthrow > Fair followups, so Fair > Fair isn't likely to work unless your opponent fails at shielding.

There's also the ones you guys didn't mention. Dthrow > Fair is one of the best because of the options you have afterwards. Fast fall the Fair, and oftentimes you can get a dashing regrab on most people. Fsmash is also an option sometimes, though it's not as good. If you get a regrab, Dthrow > Fair is once again guaranteed on a large number of the cast; pretty much only floaty characters like Lucario can DI far enough away to avoid it, and even then yellow Fair will reach them. Plus, if you predict an airdodge after the second Dthrow, you can run under them and charge a Usmash for them when they come out of it (I love this one :)).

There's other stuff too, but this is already long as it is ^_^ In the future, don't make threads like this. We already have a social thread and a tactical thread for discussing things like this, as well as a question thread if you're ever not sure about something. Welcome to the Oli boards btw

IcyLight

Smash Lord
at low %'s you can bair someone into a grab, because the bair sends them through your body and onto the ground, if anyone cares i can go find a video to prove it. and yes, you can dash attack after dthrow and sometimes lead into other things if they don't expect it, it's about as good of an option as dthrow > ftilt O_O

Dnyce

Smash Master
at low %'s you can bair someone into a grab, because the bair sends them through your body and onto the ground, if anyone cares i can go find a video to prove it. and yes, you can dash attack after dthrow and sometimes lead into other things if they don't expect it, it's about as good of an option as dthrow > ftilt O_O
yes, you can dash attack after dthrow and sometimes lead into other things if they don't expect it, it's about as good of an option as dthrow > ftilt O_O
yes, you can dash attack after dthrow, it's about as good of an option as dthrow > ftilt O_O
dthrow > ftilt O_O

TKila

Smash Apprentice
in the air:

Throw a Purple Pikmin - Fair it will hit double..!! sometimes u can do this

Throw a Purple Pikmin - Fair - fast fall + purple pikmin - Dtilt - Dtilt - uptilt or up smash

this combos sometimes i do it... is really hard to do it... u need a nice pikmins organization i hope i can do this in one video to teach how to do it...

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
in the air:

Throw a Purple Pikmin - Fair it will hit double..!! sometimes u can do this

Throw a Purple Pikmin - Fair - fast fall + purple pikmin - Dtilt - Dtilt - uptilt or up smash

this combos sometimes i do it... is really hard to do it... u need a nice pikmins organization i hope i can do this in one video to teach how to do it...
Dtilts aren't guaranteed back to back, believe me I've tried :( It may work on some characters, but I'm fairly certain it's air dodgeable

Top Bottom