• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIP! #4 Saturday November 13th: ROM3 Prep! ANTi vs. JMAN Moneymatch!

D1

Banned via Administration
Reg: 12-2pm
Tourney Starts: 2pm

(Shoutout to OTG for the pic)

So yeah I know last time I had Melee hosted in the city there was an issue concerning TVs. Well I found a venue that's willing to host monthly tournies on Saturdays here in Bay Ridge. (For those familiar w/ Battlefield Arcadia its the same venue: @ 6727 Bay Pkwy, Brooklyn, NY.) We have 4 CRTs and 2 Wiis and if anyone is willing to bring more TVs and Wiis/Cubes/Copies of Melee I'll add it to the thread.

Thanks to the Friday event being a great success we have secured a permanent Saturday-only Monthly event at Gamepad!

Train: N Train to BayPkwy Ave Stop (2 blocks away from venue)

Bus: B6 Also stops almost across the street from the venue (@ BayPkwy+66th St)

Address: 6727 Bay Pkwy
Brooklyn, NY 11204

Venue: 10 Bux Now!

Entry: $5 Teams (per teammate)
$10 Singles

Setups: 4 CRTs (Venue)

2 Wiis (Venue)

(I'll add more if ppl are willing to bring more which I know you guys will)

-------------------

Rules:

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

WOBBLING IS BANNED

----------------------------

I want everyone come thru and have a good time! Its relatively easy to get on the N train there are many trains in the city that transfer to it. We also have many nice restaurants in the area to eat at as well. This venue probably might be the new w2z. Its been around for ages, and they host many SF4, SSF4, MBAA, BB, BB:CS, and etc tournaments here. The venue owner is really nice, and is always willing to hear what the public likes and what would make the tournaments run better. So come out and show support!

~D1 (Cell # 646 247 8609)

Eggm

Smash Hero
I work Fridays, but I'll def check it out when its on Saturday's. Also what's **** about this is the philly guys can take that 20$ round trip chinatown bus to and from this. I'd probably park at metro station in NJ and take the train in (so no setups for me). Sorry. :) Good luck w/ this d1.

Deathknight

Smash Ace
I have to work as well that Friday. Though I probably won't attend regularly... train fees are high plus I don't want to go to the city alone.

Alukard

Smash Hero
hype! ... i'm going to definitely go after work ... ^_^ me and g$ will/should be at full force at this!

beware to everyone ... seriously

D1

I have confirmation from 8 randoms that live in the area that they're showing up. Anyone else willing to bring their friends and whatnot to the tourney? Its relatively easy to get to since the venue is 2 blocks away from the N train station @ Bay Pkwy. Its pretty Godlike.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
I work Fridays, but I'll def check it out when its on Saturday's. Also what's **** about this is the philly guys can take that 20$ round trip chinatown bus to and from this. I'd probably park at metro station in NJ and take the train in (so no setups for me). Sorry. :) Good luck w/ this d1.
this.

if we have $ and time.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Would ya mind bringing the Alu-top for running brackets?
not a problem buddy ... just no ones paws on it and i'll put responsibility on u bro ... and dont be looking at my stash ... LMFAO i know u remeber wat i'm talking about ! LOLOLOL

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
i have work until 5, so i'm going to be doing like 97 on the belt trying to get there.

D1

Much love Prog! I have a feeling you might run into traffic on the Belt, but you got this! We definitely have tables setup near one TV that can allow us to do commentary and recording. OMG I'm hype!

D1

LOL Now everyone is IMing me thinking there's no doubles.

Tec0 edit your post please!

LOL there is doubles everyone!

We're in need of more cubes/Wiis ppl so post up if you can bring one!

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Man this is looking ridiculous for a weekly. So when you have "train" in the first post D1 I assume thats what Im taking from Penn Station?

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
also, put me down for a wii, a crt, recording setup. might livestream this /#$(

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
@HBK, the N train doesn't stop at Penn Station. You have to go down the block to 6th Ave/Herald Sq.

Top Bottom