• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBR Weekly Character Discussion #31: Captain Falcon

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
That....that's just....

I feel like, much like Ike, Captain Falcon's jab alone is better than most of the characters below him right now. He has decent, if not good, matchups with quite a few characters that could be considered viable. He even fairs pretty well against the likes of Wario. His speed allows him to punish quite a few moves most characters can't, much like sonic, but with more kill power and less very hard to read moves. Personally, I feel like he still needs to go up one or two spaces more. He's pretty comfortably low tier, but it feels almost criminal that's considered worse than Mario. I don't find most of his supposed horrific matchups to be anywhere near as bad as many have claimed, and I consider myself pretty good with the character (even if Ally did win our Falcon ditto....*******). His major shortcoming tends to be his unsafe kill moves, which is a major short coming of most characters in this game. He doesn't trade much in for enormous kill power though, and a few mistakes can end very badly once Falcon is off stage. Still, he has a better recovery than the like of some characters and with proper DI can still last pretty long. Fun fact: He can utilt on a platform and hit the fire of ROB's usmash coming from below without trading, hitting ROB. This is useless, but funny.

Nobody outside of Ally has really done anything with the Captain recently. He hovers around the other low tiers in tournament results, but he has a huge stigma going against him still from being the original worst character in the game. Falcon's metagame still has a ways to go likely before being fully exhausted, and some of the new tournament stages help him out pretty well in some matchups. I'd really like to see a break out main of this character, because I just feel like he has untapped potential still to do well.

Also he's undeniably manly, even when wearing pink. That has to count for something.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
To add in to what Real Inferno said, Captain Falcon has quite a lot of camping potential. His high mobility in the air and his great running speed can have him be all over the place.
He's basically like a poor man's Wario: Low range, great mobility and camping abilities, solid survivability, good in punishing mistakes (here he might be even as good as Wario), in possession of a command grab and incredible manliness.

Falcon's grab game is surprisingly good - while his grab has low range, it's very quick and his throws are pretty solid.

There's also moves that are underused even among Falcons - Falcon Dive is a great command grab that even can be used to gimp against opponents that don't expect it (I used it various times already, but it's hard to pull off XD), and Falcon Kick can actually beat Tornado if I recall correctly.

The biggest urban legend is that his low priority actually matters - it doesn't. While it IS a weakness, it's not influencing Falcon's game that much. His biggest weakness is actually that he has trouble omitting pressure on shields, and isn't that good if he receives shield pressure (though Jab OoS is really good, that I have to mention).

Most people think Falcon has to be played similarly to how he was played in Melee: Aggressive pressure combat. Which is the absolutely wrong way. Falcon has to be played completely different to how he did in Melee because he doesn't have the hitstun to back up his combos. Now he has to run away and punish mistakes.

Solid low tier character, maybe borderline Mid Tier.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Going to agree with what Joel and Inferno said. He has great aerial mobility and is surprisingly heavy / hard to kill. Jab > grab is fantastic as is Up-Air and Up-Tilt.

Falcon should almost certainly stay low tier, but I think he might be one of the best low tier characters. He could probably stand to move up just a little bit.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Captain Falcon's jab. It's like Peach's jab with less range. xP

Falcon's bad. He has tools to a certain degree- he's not Ganondorf, who simply cannot deal with many situations- but they're all just mediocre. I like Falcon, and I play him a lot. I find characters with a good set of mediocre tools enjoyable to play (hey, I main Peach, essentially the epitome of that class of characters). He's not Ganondorf-tier, but...he's not mid-tier either.

.joel, I would as you to tell me what characters you actually think Falcon is better than. IMO, he's clearly inferior to Ness, Lucas, Ike, Yoshi...maybe in line with Jigglypuff and Samuses that aren't Xyro.

gallax

Smash Hero
he's clearly inferior to Ness, Lucas, Ike, Yoshi...maybe in line with Jigglypuff and Samuses that aren't Xyro.
Id have to agree with this. Although i think samus and jiggz are better than CF. jiggz being better than samus. Although i think ness lucas ike and yoshi are a tier higher than jiggs samus and falcon, who are all on the same level.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
.joel, I would as you to tell me what characters you actually think Falcon is better than. IMO, he's clearly inferior to Ness, Lucas, Ike, Yoshi...maybe in line with Jigglypuff and Samuses that aren't Xyro.
He's not better than Ness, Lucas or Ike.
Ness and Ike are Mid Tier. Lucas is borderline too. I think Falcon is on a similar level as Lucas is.

Yoshi I don't know much about, so I can't tell that.

Jigglypuff and Samus are definitely not as good.

TheMike

Smash Lord
In my opinion, Captain Falcon is better than Jigglypuff, Samus, Link and Ganondorf. They all have lower tournament representation than him, though his matchups are a bit worse than theirs except for Ganondorf, obviously.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I think he's definitely worse than Ness, Lucas, Ike, and Yoshi-- but I think all of those characters are mid-tier and not low-tier :p
I think we might be left with a very small low tier and an enormous mid-tier if this is the case.

That's why we use S, A, B, C, D etc...

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Just for the record, I use the word "Bad" loosely.
I consider Mr. Game & Watch and Peach bad too. xD

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
We should have an enormous mid-tier and a small low-tier. We should also have a bigger high tier. Overall we should have less tiers, there are way too many right now.

Crow!

Smash Lord
The present discussion is better fit for the general project thread; suggest we return to the topic of Captain Falcon.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
That....that's just....

I feel like, much like Ike, Captain Falcon's jab alone is better than most of the characters below him right now. He has decent, if not good, matchups with quite a few characters that could be considered viable. He even fairs pretty well against the likes of Wario. His speed allows him to punish quite a few moves most characters can't, much like sonic, but with more kill power and less very hard to read moves. Personally, I feel like he still needs to go up one or two spaces more. He's pretty comfortably low tier, but it feels almost criminal that's considered worse than Mario. I don't find most of his supposed horrific matchups to be anywhere near as bad as many have claimed, and I consider myself pretty good with the character (even if Ally did win our Falcon ditto....*******). His major shortcoming tends to be his unsafe kill moves, which is a major short coming of most characters in this game. He doesn't trade much in for enormous kill power though, and a few mistakes can end very badly once Falcon is off stage. Still, he has a better recovery than the like of some characters and with proper DI can still last pretty long. Fun fact: He can utilt on a platform and hit the fire of ROB's usmash coming from below without trading, hitting ROB. This is useless, but funny.

Nobody outside of Ally has really done anything with the Captain recently. He hovers around the other low tiers in tournament results, but he has a huge stigma going against him still from being the original worst character in the game. Falcon's metagame still has a ways to go likely before being fully exhausted, and some of the new tournament stages help him out pretty well in some matchups. I'd really like to see a break out main of this character, because I just feel like he has untapped potential still to do well.

Also he's undeniably manly, even when wearing pink. That has to count for something.
I pretty much agree with this thoughts about Falcon(his jab is too good xD), for the european metagame, Lionman is the only one that does really well with him, placing at top 8 in smaller events some times, I'd like to see him play at an international.

Imo he's around Yoshi, Zelda, Bowser and Lucas' level, not sure which of these 5 chars is better, but they are about the same for me, although I do see Falcon as the one with more potential to do well in tourneys. I feel he's a bit better than jigglypuff and way better than samus ( omg worst char in the game), link or ganondorf.

He has some really decent match-ups in the top tier like wario or snake ( snake's advantage but not that bad imo),and although all the others have the advantage he doesn't have impossible match-ups like other low tiers do. Didn't pikachu had a chaingrab on him? I don't know the exact % , that's the only one I consider atm. thoughts on this?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Yeah, it's worth noting his major drawback is pretty much no options against projectile spam and few options against grab games. He gets CGed by Falco, Pikachu, and Dedede. Dedede is especially frustrating in getting in on him, but he is prime KNEE OF ****ING JUSTICE bait as well (especially during his Up B recovery), which helps Falcon even the score by getting some early KOs when he plays smart. Intelligent DDD's tend to hold back and bait for pivot grabs to get in the CG to edge guard which can be pretty problematic for Falcon. He's pretty tough to use in the MK matchup, but at least Falcon Kick hilariously beats tornado.

Falcon dominates a lot of the low tiers who aren't named Ike. I've been told that Puff annihilates Falcon one on one by being able to beat him out in many instances in the air and take him off stage for easy gimps. I don't know if I hold stock in that claim, but it's one that has been going around a while now. His use of items is a bit under-appreciated, making the Diddy Kong matchup one of his better high tier outings. Wario/Falcon is probably even. Just a few grabs and it is a free knee of justice kill. Ally makes the matchup look like sex. Climbers...I don't want to talk about that matchup, uuuuhg. Marth seems pretty bad on paper, but doesn't seem to be quite as bad in practice though still clearly in Marth's favor.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Captain Falcon is in no way as good as Jigglypuff; she's just so much better all around than him, but this isn't about her.

I just don't see what's supposed to be scary about this guy. He runs fast and hits hard. He has a few jab tricks, and his uair is really good. What else? That's not nearly as much as most of the other low tiers have. You can also just compare him to Sonic. Sonic runs way, way faster than Captain Falcon (even though Captain Falcon runs second fastest, it's a really distant second), they both have about the same range/priority, and if I recall Sonic has better air speed (I do know that neither are really that good). Sonic's overall moveset is about average in speed whereas Captain Falcon's is slow. Seriously, Captain Falcon would shed manly tiers if he ever actually looked at his frame data; his moves are way slower than average in terms of start-up time. How powerful he is if he hits in no way makes up for that. The fact that it's intuitively obvious that Sonic is way better than Captain Falcon and that Sonic is a clear mid tier doesn't really bode well for Captain Falcon.

I can't say I've ever really played a good Captain Falcon; the main thing I have seen firsthand is Thinkaman (who plays Jigglypuff/Captain Falcon) always choosing to play Jigglypuff's worst match-up in the game over playing as Captain Falcon against G&W. Most people don't even know he plays Captain Falcon because in tournament he's playing to win which means picking Jigglypuff most of the time.

This guy really belongs low in the low tier; he's better than Ganondorf, and I think he and Bowser are close. Incidentally, those are the only two characters I can really see him having a non-disadvantage against. I just can't believe him going real even with someone as good as Wario, and I suspect Ally could do the same with any character since Ally is so talented. I think visions of him beating other low tiers are mostly just artifacts of underrating those other low tiers; I'd take Samus or Mario or Lucas or Link over Captain Falcon any day.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I know Samus like the back of my hand, and know my stuff about the other low tiers, and I stand by my position.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Falcon is most certainly low tier. I primarily use Falcon in training as he is just like a terribad MK.

First of all I remember reading someone say falcon kick beats tornado- that information is correct. Aerial is tougher than grounded, you have to hit the center and you usually trade.

Falcon does great against all heavys on grab and jabs alone. Falcon's weaknesses are that he is easy to gimp and easy to overwhelm with out a solid out of shield option. His grabs are all pretty useful. Ironically, he is best when fighting in the air, much like wario and metaknight. This is why metaknight brutally beats falcon with a tire iron everytime they play. Since he's so easy to gimp, him being good in the air is a humongous weakness. This makes him super susceptible whenever he tries to do what makes him good. He has a solid down smash and tilts are ok (utilt is good) but his grounded game is nothing compared to the likes of the top tiers. He's probably better than Bowser, Samus and Ganondorf, and MAYBE Zelda. He also has the fox chain grab problem, meaning ZSS, Falco, Pikachu, Sheik, etc. can all take him to 100 easy with one move. (I personally think samus is the worst character in the game, sorry .joel). He actually has AMAZING DI. I lived a fresh sour spot snake utilt at battlefield at 155. That would've killed MK at 120 tops. Falcon can always just barely live through moves and really I can live 150-200 almost every stock.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Yeah, the Link, Jigglypuff, and Samus discussions are shaping up to be really interesting and will be big determining factors for the other low tiers in terms of relative placement.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I think the problem with Falcon is that most Falcon users want to be mainly instead of campy. I finally picked up Falcon a while back, and I found infinitely more success when I just camped THE WHOLE MATCH. Falcon is decent at punishing, and mediocre at approaching. I wish he had Ganon's SideB.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
My style is very campy to begin with pierce, so my falcon plays the part well. Against the locals it is vicious. I beat two opponents in tournament last week with falcon (another guy got dq'd), so I had 3 victories and my losses were with mk against GIMR and Lie. Fighting a pikachu who CG's who to 80 is pretty tough with falcon but manageable

∫unk

Smash Master
If C. Falcon had a better walk or a shorter initial dash he would be a much better character. I believe his dash shield is worse than Marth's (whose is notoriously bad), and it hurts him in mid range spacing.

It also doesn't help that his trip is one of the easiest to react to in the game.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I think the problem with Falcon is that most Falcon users want to be mainly instead of campy. I finally picked up Falcon a while back, and I found infinitely more success when I just camped THE WHOLE MATCH. Falcon is decent at punishing, and mediocre at approaching. I wish he had Ganon's SideB.
I agree, that's what I said in my initial posting. ^^

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
If I recall, every character's trip lasts the same amount of time except Captain Falcon's which is about one frame longer. It's not really notable in terms of reaction since the difference is so small, but it might help Diddy Kong with some really tight frame traps or combos.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
You mean that Captain Falcon's running trip where he flies head over heels several feet is the same speed as others just tumbling over in place? Because as far as I knew, he had a different animation for Banana tripping as opposed to his regular run tripping that sends him like half or more the length of pokemon stadium 2 on the ice transformation.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I remember exploring forced trips via hacking and discovering Captain Falcon could be infinited by fast forced trip moves that were one frame slower than the ones that everyone else could escape.

You're right that running trips are a different animation so I guess maybe that data point I just pulled is irrelevant, but the distance he throws himself shouldn't mean too much. This will require frame testing at some point if we decide it's significant.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Pierce, Falcon isn't just mediocre at approaching. He's below average. That's why I agree that a campy Falcon brings out the characters full potential rather than a "manly" one.

Crow!

Smash Lord
A quick check showed the FitMotionEtc.pac files for Falcon and Diddy Kong having the same number of frames in the SlipDash animation. This isn't always definitive, as certain animations might cut off early or be sped up through the game's scripts (presumably those in fighter.pac in this case, which I've never looked through). But unless something weird is going on, I'd say the duration of the running trip is probably usually the same for carious characters. (46 frames, for reference.)

But yes, different causes of a trip lead to different amounts of time spent helpless.

@Edrees: mediocre is below average. It just sounds like the word "medium" so people think it means average.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Oh wow, I've always thought it mean "average" or "not great, but not good." Crow's always teaching me stuff. My mistake Pierce. Anyway we agree on the point about Falcon players optimizing play by playing defensively. I've noticed this a lot in tourney matches against them - they start aggressive against Peach (NOT a good idea) and I gain a stock or two lead, by towards the end of the match they play more defensively, and it becomes a much more even battle. I notice this as a pattern and almost a rule everytime I face a new one.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
To revive this a bit - Captain Falcon's Down Taunt is, without a doubt, the best move in the game.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Down taunt lasts several frames longer depending on which direction Falcon is facing. True fax.

Anyway, MLG really hurt the discussions for several days unfortunately. I think something nobody has been touching on enough is Ally's Falcon. How much of it is Captain Falcon, and how much of it is Ally just being a bad ***? As you see on Crow's results, Ally is a MASSIVE outlier in the Falcon ratings, much more so than a top player of any other low tier character (closest being Reflex). I'm just curious if it's possible for other falcons to step up their games to anywhere near that much. There must be something there to at least work with in any case.

gallax

Smash Hero
Mr.R has a good falcon too. Its def possible for a low tier like CF to hold up against chars like wario and mk if you are smart enough.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Mr.R has a good falcon too. Its def possible for a low tier like CF to hold up against chars like wario and mk if you are smart enough.
No he can;t, Falcon is TERRIBLE.
I persoaly think Sonic wrecks him, and I think Sonic sucks rather badly.

Falcon has a harder time killing than Sonic.
Falcon has issues approaching.
The reason Ally is a huge outlier, is because he is Ally being a ******, no other reason.

He best thing that Falcon has, is his jabs, and none of them are going to kill the opponent. His approaches are direct, all of them are punishable on shield. He sucks, terribly, he isn't low tier, and the fact he is above Link is laughable.

Captain Falcon is in no way as good as Jigglypuff; she's just so much better all around than him, but this isn't about her.

I just don't see what's supposed to be scary about this guy. He runs fast and hits hard. He has a few jab tricks, and his uair is really good. What else? That's not nearly as much as most of the other low tiers have. You can also just compare him to Sonic. Sonic runs way, way faster than Captain Falcon (even though Captain Falcon runs second fastest, it's a really distant second), they both have about the same range/priority, and if I recall Sonic has better air speed (I do know that neither are really that good).
Acceleration: Falcon>Sonic
Aerial speed: Sonic>Falcon
Sonic's overall moveset is about average in speed whereas Captain Falcon's is slow. Seriously, Captain Falcon would shed manly tiers if he ever actually looked at his frame data; his moves are way slower than average in terms of start-up time. How powerful he is if he hits in no way makes up for that. The fact that it's intuitively obvious that Sonic is way better than Captain Falcon and that Sonic is a clear mid tier doesn't really bode well for Captain Falcon.
In terms of range, sonic has less than Captain Facon overall, BUT, his priority is actually better since he has larger disjoints to his attacks. That is rather sad.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
ShadowLink be hatin', lol.

You apparently seem to know not much about Falcon if you bring up his priority. 08 knowledge ftw, eh? :p

Player-3

Smash Hero
Oh dear god.

The bbr minus joel tant and pierce really does have no idea about falcon

Ill write more tommorrow when i have a computer.

But, falcon beats:
Link
Ganon
Ness (according to ally)
Samus (at least 5-5)
Ivysaur lolololol pt is like 55-45 pt though

He barely loses to:
Wario (6-4 AT WORST)
snake (6-4.)
Zelda 55 45
Lucas (even.)
Ike (6-4 ish, better if falcons ever learn to stage control)
Yoshi lol
Pt obv as stated ^

More but those are the only ones i KNOW.

Sadly he gets pooped on by:
Marf (9-1 LOL ppl dont think its this bad in play bc no marth takes falcon seriously enough to camp him)
Mk (8-2)
Ics (8-2)
Falco (75 25)

Yadda yadda

More tmr

Player-3

Smash Hero
Oh and junk falcon would be mid tier if he could dash dance

:/
His shield dash is bad yeah lol

Chirp

Smash Apprentice
oh my gooooooooosh! its here! yey burgerrssss yess lordhelmet AIm'd me for this and i didn't even read the topic wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

lordhelmet

Smash Master
That....that's just....

Dang, I am surprised. This guy is 100% correct, will add quotes to this post later.

To add in to what Real Inferno said, Captain Falcon has quite a lot of camping potential. His high mobility in the air and his great running speed can have him be all over the place.
He's basically like a poor man's Wario: Low range, great mobility and camping abilities, solid survivability, good in punishing mistakes (here he might be even as good as Wario), in possession of a command grab and incredible manliness.

Falcon's grab game is surprisingly good - while his grab has low range, it's very quick and his throws are pretty solid.

There's also moves that are underused even among Falcons - Falcon Dive is a great command grab that even can be used to gimp against opponents that don't expect it (I used it various times already, but it's hard to pull off XD), and Falcon Kick can actually beat Tornado if I recall correctly.

The biggest urban legend is that his low priority actually matters - it doesn't. While it IS a weakness, it's not influencing Falcon's game that much. His biggest weakness is actually that he has trouble omitting pressure on shields, and isn't that good if he receives shield pressure (though Jab OoS is really good, that I have to mention).

Most people think Falcon has to be played similarly to how he was played in Melee: Aggressive pressure combat. Which is the absolutely wrong way. Falcon has to be played completely different to how he did in Melee because he doesn't have the hitstun to back up his combos. Now he has to run away and punish mistakes.

Solid low tier character, maybe borderline Mid Tier.
Agree with this as well, Falcon ain't mid tier though.

Yeah, it's worth noting his major drawback is pretty much no options against projectile spam and few options against grab games. He gets CGed by Falco, Pikachu, and Dedede. Dedede is especially frustrating in getting in on him, but he is prime KNEE OF ****ING JUSTICE bait as well (especially during his Up B recovery), which helps Falcon even the score by getting some early KOs when he plays smart. Intelligent DDD's tend to hold back and bait for pivot grabs to get in the CG to edge guard which can be pretty problematic for Falcon. He's pretty tough to use in the MK matchup, but at least Falcon Kick hilariously beats tornado.
Agreed, utilt and spaced bair beats tornado as well. You can also dair spike MK out of it for what it's worth.

Falcon dominates a lot of the low tiers who aren't named Ike. I've been told that Puff annihilates Falcon one on one by being able to beat him out in many instances in the air and take him off stage for easy gimps. I don't know if I hold stock in that claim, but it's one that has been going around a while now. His use of items is a bit under-appreciated, making the Diddy Kong matchup one of his better high tier outings. Wario/Falcon is probably even. Just a few grabs and it is a free knee of justice kill. Ally makes the matchup look like sex. Climbers...I don't want to talk about that matchup, uuuuhg. Marth seems pretty bad on paper, but doesn't seem to be quite as bad in practice though still clearly in Marth's favor.
Ike isn't too bad imo, 45-55 or maybe 40-60 Ike's favor. Same with Puff, you just gotta learn the match-up. Most Falcons will stay on the ground and try to jab and utilt Jiggz which doesn't work.

ICs are bad, but not completely unwinnable. Spam AC'd, spaced-bairs and you can win.

P3 is heavily biased on the Marth vs Falcon MU. It's bad but not unwinnable at all.

Yeah, no. Well maybe but Jiggz has no range, can't kill, and gets KO'd at 10%.

I just don't see what's supposed to be scary about this guy. He runs fast and hits hard. He has a few jab tricks, and his uair is really good. What else? That's not nearly as much as most of the other low tiers have. You can also just compare him to Sonic. Sonic runs way, way faster than Captain Falcon (even though Captain Falcon runs second fastest, it's a really distant second), they both have about the same range/priority, and if I recall Sonic has better air speed (I do know that neither are really that good). Sonic's overall moveset is about average in speed whereas Captain Falcon's is slow. Seriously, Captain Falcon would shed manly tiers if he ever actually looked at his frame data; his moves are way slower than average in terms of start-up time. How powerful he is if he hits in no way makes up for that. The fact that it's intuitively obvious that Sonic is way better than Captain Falcon and that Sonic is a clear mid tier doesn't really bode well for Captain Falcon.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. First of all, Falcon has the 5th best air speed in the game. Falcon has more range than Sonic and priority is a myth. Falcon may be a bit slower frame-wise, but good Falcons aren't going to use his laggy moves. I'll have to look at Sonic's frames but I don't think he beats a frame 3 jab, and a frame 6 uair.

This guy really belongs low in the low tier; he's better than Ganondorf, and I think he and Bowser are close. Incidentally, those are the only two characters I can really see him having a non-disadvantage against. I just can't believe him going real even with someone as good as Wario, and I suspect Ally could do the same with any character since Ally is so talented. I think visions of him beating other low tiers are mostly just artifacts of underrating those other low tiers; I'd take Samus or Mario or Lucas or Link over Captain Falcon any day.
Rofl, Falcon's match-ups aren't too bad anymore. If you want to see my personal opinions on each match-up, go to my guide (hint: it's stickied), some of the MUs may be of by 5 points but other than most people will agree with them. Falcon is DEFINITELY better than Mario, Samus, and Link btw.

This is very true.

No he can;t, Falcon is TERRIBLE.
I persoaly think Sonic wrecks him, and I think Sonic sucks rather badly. Falcon has a harder time killing than Sonic
LOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Falcon has issues approaching.
The reason Ally is a huge outlier, is because he is Ally being a ******, no other reason.

He best thing that Falcon has, is his jabs, and none of them are going to kill the opponent. His approaches are direct, all of them are punishable on shield. He sucks, terribly, he isn't low tier, and the fact he is above Link is laughable.
Half true, half LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!

Aerial speed: Sonic>Falcon
Dead wrong. Please check the facts before spewing garbage out of your mouth. Sonic is 6th and Falcon is 5th for aerial speed.

In terms of range, sonic has less than Captain Facon overall, BUT, his priority is actually better since he has larger disjoints to his attacks. That is rather sad.
Don't really believe the disjoint part I'll have to check though, look in my guide to see the hitbubbles for Falcon (they're collapsed in the moveset analysis.

----------------------------------------​

Tripping frames and taunt frames (lol) are all in the Frame Thread. Also, I agree with P3 for the most part.

And sorry, but AA and Shadow Link you know NOTHING about Falcon.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Posting for Willz I know I double posted, shoot me. He's one of the best Falcon reps we got and should be in the BBR but he's banned LOL!

Willz said:
the BBR is stupid and know nothing about falcon and should let one of us in

Top Bottom