• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis 2 Bus (July 14th - July 18th) - Cancelled (Again)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I am going to save up for this for sure. The last bus trip was an amazing experience I'll never forget.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
also brendan/derek you ****ers better go and we're getting a room together and im not getting black out drunk this time
i dont know how anyone thinks they are allowed to not go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im not too big on buses though

but i am big on getting ****ing destroyed and being so hungover i can barely move much less play in tournament

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Last time we stopped in Santa Barbara it added a ton of time to our trip, I'm not doing it again this time. This time it's a straight shot from L.A. for the sake of time management.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
is there a spot where i can see the prices?

edit: saw the AiB page and havok posted an estimate of 150-200

looks like if i want to do this, i'm gonna have to save up :laugh:

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
oh **** yeah! i've been trying to find a way to not drive.im hella down

any info on prices though?or are they just in the links you posted?

MacD

Banned via Administration
brian/joe you guys should only do that if there are extra spaces

it'd be kinda mean if you take someone from socal's spot

EDIT: obviously if you stay in norcal next summer joe

Brian

Smash Journeyman
why are they more deserving if im going to be in socal before and after the bus trip? im not going to fly down the day of the bus and catch it back up. if im gonna take a spot, im going to be using it as transportation to and from socal just like anyone else would.

MacD

it just sounds like you wanna come down specifically for the bus, though stay a bit to hang with others, and this bus may be the only way for someone from so cal to get to the tourney, where as you could very easily get to the tourney since you live in norcal

either way it's just my opinion, it's up to what oats/whoever says

Brian

Smash Journeyman
then the french shouldn't be allowed to take spots. they could just fly into norcal instead!

i understand your basic concern
but if the spots are first come first serve, i think anyone who is going to be in socal before (and/or after) the tournament is entitled to get one if they sign up before someone else.

MacD

maybe so cal is cheaper from the french but that doesn't really matter

but true, if they are first come first serve you got this lol

Slhoka

Smash Lord
it just sounds like you wanna come down specifically for the bus, though stay a bit to hang with others, and this bus may be the only way for someone from so cal to get to the tourney, where as you could very easily get to the tourney since you live in norcal

either way it's just my opinion, it's up to what oats/whoever says
Not necessarily. If we manage to come, we won't just stay for the tournament but visit CA a bit, like we did last time. And since our stay in San Diego was awesome, we'd like to go there again. Therefore, the bus would be convenient for our trip.
However, I agree that if some people need the bus more than we do to attend the tournament, we'll use another way to go to Antioch.

Anyway, the tournament in in one year, and there are so many "maybe" about our trip that it's useless to do too many plans right now. So far, we're more about saying that we're interested by this ;)

MacD

Not necessarily. If we manage to come, we won't just stay for the tournament but visit CA a bit, like we did last time. And since our stay in San Diego was awesome, we'd like to go there again. Therefore, the bus would be convenient for our trip.
However, I agree that if some people need the bus more than we do to attend the tournament, we'll use another way to go to Antioch.

Anyway, the tournament in in one year, and there are so many "maybe" about our trip that it's useless to do too many plans right now. So far, we're more about saying that we're interested by this ;)
sorry, that was directed at brian

i totally understand the french wanting to go to so cal and use the bus

Top Bottom