• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cinnamon Challenge

Colonel Cuddles

Smash Journeyman
I have a challenge for all you smashboardians. It is called the cinnamon challenge. You must swallow 1 tablespoon of cinnamon without chewing or drinking water in under 1 minute. Try it and post how it went. Or if you have already done it, tell us how you did. I will soon be trying this, and will post my story. Good luck.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
I can do it with ease.

A little graphic

There's a trick to the challenge, so it's fun to bet money (I made $50 once) and watch reactions. Just before you're about to do the challenge, show you mouth wide open (this is standard with anyone, to make sure you don't have any liquids to cheat with). Then, all you do is press your tongue into your teeth as hard as you can. Your mouth will start producing a lot of saliva. You get a good amount in there before you take the spoon of cinnamon. Then press the walls of your mouth together, and lay your tongue flat, so all the saliva is on top of your tongue.

Then when you put the spoon in your mouth, flip the spoon over inside and flatten your tongue. Press your tongue up as hard as you can against the spoon while you're dragging it out. It makes an easy to swallow paste. People think you're just flipping the spoon and licking it clean, dramatic effect lol. "OHHHHH, HE TOOK EVERY LAST SPECK" "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH". It still sucks, but it's 9001x easier than trying to do it "normally".

Easy-sauce.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I would never do this what with all the failed attempts I've seen, but Crazy Cloud's technique sounds pretty do-able XD

MCSR

Smash Apprentice
I can do it with ease.

A little graphic

There's a trick to the challenge, so it's fun to bet money (I made $50 once) and watch reactions. Just before you're about to do the challenge, show you mouth wide open (this is standard with anyone, to make sure you don't have any liquids to cheat with). Then, all you do is press your tongue into your teeth as hard as you can. Your mouth will start producing a lot of saliva. You get a good amount in there before you take the spoon of cinnamon. Then press the walls of your mouth together, and lay your tongue flat, so all the saliva is on top of your tongue.

Then when you put the spoon in your mouth, flip the spoon over inside and flatten your tongue. Press your tongue up as hard as you can against the spoon while you're dragging it out. It makes an easy to swallow paste. People think you're just flipping the spoon and licking it clean, dramatic effect lol. "OHHHHH, HE TOOK EVERY LAST SPECK" "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH". It still sucks, but it's 9001x easier than trying to do it "normally".

Easy-sauce.
I guarantee this makes it worse and that he's just mindgaming us.

Tamoo

Smash Master
I did this a couple of days ago for a £10 bet

gotta admit, I did enjoy it and didn't really see what the fuss was tbh.

I just segmented it little by little with my tongue and swallowed it down small chunks at a time.

I find a good way to generate saliva for this is to periodically push your tongue to thebottom of your mouth and then to the bridge

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
ive seen people throw up because of this. dont. do.
it.

i was gonna do the milk gallon challenge but decided not to because id like BLAHHHHHH

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I believe the word you were looking for is "die." Drinking a gallon of liquids quickly could cause brain swelling and really should be monitored when attempting.

I did this without anyone really daring me, and it's awful. As soon as you try to swallow, dust particles will flow into your nasal cavity, and that can trigger sneezing, while some flows down your throat to trigger coughing. Anyone powder, from Nesquick to BC power can cause this type of reaction, but cinnamon is thicker, so it works every time. The "tricks" used to do it WOULD work, but it's still not pleasant.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Oh god i like, live off of nesquick powder lol, maybe that's why this wasn't too much of a problem stepping up to cinnamon.

Also, PLEASE noone do the gallon of milk challenge, i've seen a friend do it and it's absolutely horrible, the milk curdles or some **** like that in your stomach and is so unpleasant

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
somebody did this at lunch in my school back in 5th grade... they went to the clinic and got in some pretty bad trouble. but they were sneezing and coughing really bad.. i wont do.

Top Bottom