• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's Bdacus: In-Game Applications

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
F-Smash > Bdacus

Dthrow > Bdacus

SH- AC Fair > Bdacus

Nair > Bdacus

Dsmash > Bdacus

Spring > Dair > Bdacus

SH-Uair > Bdacus

Note that most of these are damage dependent.
All have been tested to be Pseudo Combos. The Uair > Bdacus is highly situational, and should only work if the opponent is hit by the first hit(Disjoint) and is sent Horizontally, where you can Bdcaus as a quick follow-up.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
youre forgetting the most reliable setups next to nair. tipper dtilt> Bdacus ( which potentially might be a true combo on some characters and percents) and full jab combo> Bdacus. o and bair (hit with the front) > Bdacus.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Theres certain situations where usmash is good. usually it is an awesome land camping move as it virtually shuts down every option if timed right at SH to landing height. which is why i stated these particular Bdacus followups, as some are true combos, and those that arent are very hard to counter. Free damage man! why just write off ideas because someone told u it wasnt good? Test it for yourself!

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
Well, Usmash has done good at some times when I use it out of the blue. But it's only out of the blue because I accidentally mess up the input for something else and Usmash just comes out lol.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
well usmash really has only 2 qualities that make it good in certain situations. It has a ridiculously small hurtbox ( or invincibility) during its startup and the hitbox is out there for a decent time. So basically u can run at someone and usmash, theyre attack will wiff and ur attack will go thru. Its sometimes hard to pinpoint the distance to use it so that you get that hurtbox/ invincibility right when u need it.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
up taunt > Bdacus *I would reccomend, its fast

Side Taunts > Bdacus *the slowest taunt

Down Taunt > Bdacus *not bad

Grab Release > Bdacus *Works well on MK

SH air dodge > Bdacus

Up/Side/Down Tilt > Bdacus

AAA combo > Bdacus

Spindash cancel > Bdacus

ASC > Bdacus

.....it goes on and on(thinking outside the box ftw). But there are some that r useful :/

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I like how the op says, 'these are damage dependant' and than doesnt give the percents that they are dependent on.

thats why people dont take a second look at stuff like this, the effort is shoddy at best and it looks like there was no thought ortesting involved. Like you were just saying, hey these things might work, test them for me and get back to me.

if you werent going to do any work or put any effort it, then what the hell was the point of making a thread for it.

*****s need to get they shiz together.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504

All have been tested to be Pseudo Combos.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Like you were just saying, hey these things might work, test them for me and get back to me.
You ever learn to read? :V
Other combos are out there i know, and what do you think i'm here for, boy? :rolleyes:
Also, the percentages i can get at, but they shouldn't be too high. I actually perceive they shouldn't be past 45% or so.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm unconvinced about sonic's bdacus. I haven't even seen what it looks like and sonic already gets a huge slide from hyphen smashing anyway. If this keeps up sliding for a while after the hitbox is gone, it might be a nice mixup approach.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You ever learn to read? :V
Other combos are out there i know, and what do you think i'm here for, boy? :rolleyes:
Also, the percentages i can get at, but they shouldn't be too high. I actually perceive they shouldn't be past 45% or so.

I need EXACT percentage ranges for when all of these will and will not work. other wise its comepletely useless to me.

sounds awsome and very helpful but need vids
this too.
basically this was just a lazy job overall.

I'm unconvinced about sonic's bdacus. I haven't even seen what it looks like and sonic already gets a huge slide from hyphen smashing anyway. If this keeps up sliding for a while after the hitbox is gone, it might be a nice mixup approach.

the thing about the hyphen smash is that you need to accellerate to a full run before you up smash to get the full slide.

bdacus gets its utility in that it comes out as soon as possible after a move, and it get the full slide, even more than a hyphen smash, from a standing position.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I would love to help test this, but I don't even know how to do a bdacus (I can't even dacus cept with falco and snake)

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I would love to help test this, but I don't even know how to do a bdacus (I can't even dacus cept with falco and snake)
Spotdodge, buffer a DA (I prefer using tap forward + C-stick up) then press the C-stick up.

Once you get the timing down you can try other variations (like the ones listed in this topic).

Tesh

Smash Hero
How far am I supposed to be sliding, I don't know if I'm doing it, like how much of FD should I cover with 1 bdacus?

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I don't think there's more than one timing for it. You either slide a lot or nothing at all.

It covers almost 1/2 of FD IIRC (too lazy to check it now).

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
hmm it works for me lol but i understand hows u guy r comming at this

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
no i mean some of the pseudo-combos ppl are talking about, just curious to see who people do with em.

harrihavn2

Smash Rookie
Sorry...

Theres certain situations where usmash is good. usually it is an awesome land camping move as it virtually shuts down every option if timed right at SH to landing height. which is why i stated these particular Bdacus followups, as some are true combos, and those that arent are very hard to counter. Free damage man! why just write off ideas because someone told u it wasnt good? Test it for yourself!
I'm sorry, I play the game tons but I know virtually no vocab. whats "Bdacus"?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I finally have the time down to do it almost consistently after Jab combo, Spotdodge, and Dthrow, but things like Fsmash, Dsmash, and Ftilt seem a bit tricky. I'm still trying to get all of them timed right, so i have them all compiled in the video.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
its easy to do and it might be helpful to ya but idk lol. I just know that it helps me :/

Top Bottom