• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

North AL Presents: FAP2! - December 11-12

j00t

Smash Champion
NORTH AL PRESENTS...

General

Here we go again!

On July 24th, North Alabama hosted its first Melee tournament in what seems like a century! We had 35 entrants in the singles tournament, and while that may not be considered big compared to regional tournaments such as TO6 or HERB, I think it was a rousing success for a first tournament! I really had a blast hosting the first one, and I got to meet a lot of new people. So I've decided to make this a series!

I also learned a lot about tournament hosting. I will take what I have learned from FAP and make FAP2 the best tournament possible! So those of you who attended the first FAP can expect a great improvement in FAP2!

Event Info

DATE: December 11-12, 2010
Address/Location:

1000 Airport Road, building D
Huntsville, AL 35802

Schedule (TENTATIVE, SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME):

December 11
11 A.M.: Venue opens, registration begins
1 P.M.: Doubles pools begin (if applicable)
5 P.M.: Break, go get food, rest, chill, w/e
6 P.M.: Doubles brackets begin
~12 A.M.: Venue closes

December 12
12 P.M.: Venue opens, singles pools begin
5 P.M.: Break
6 P.M.: Singles brackets begin
~12 A.M.: Venue closes

Price: $5 food fee (optional), $15 singles, $20 doubles.

Payout:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

ATTENDANCE LIST:

1. j00t (obviously)
  2. moogle (I assume)
  3. mslano (I assume)
  4. -CHAD- (he better come)
  5. TheJesus
  6. Winnar
  7. Cheap Peach
  8. IGiveUp
  9. Duchock
  10. Reneblade
  11. Ragnarock
  12. Dart
  13. Aznseal (The guy who did this!)
  14. Zega
  15. Zero_Gamer
  16. Toast
  17. IHAVESPACEBALLS
  18. FULLMETAL
  19. VTS

INTEREST LIST:

1. HUNGRYBOX
  2. WOBBLES
  3. D'oH
  4. BBQ
  5. Wiggins
  6. Serin

Additional Information

Set-ups: We really really really need setups. I can provide atleast one setup, and we might get a couple more from our crew. I'd like to have atleast 15 setups exclusively for tournament matches. If we get more then we will use those for friendlies.

Please PM me or post in this thread if you can bring a setup.

Set-ups list:
10.​

Internet: Unfortunately the venue does not have internet access. We tried to bring a hotspot to the venue to get some sort of connection, but it simply didn't work. If anyone can give me advice on how to get internet into the venue, then please PM me.

Food: For the first tournament I ordered Papa John's Pizza for everyone who paid $5, and a lot of people took this offer, so I'll be doing it again! $5 gets you a half a pizza and as many drinks as you want!

There are also a lot of places within walking distance of the venue, so if you don't want pizza there will surely be something suited to your needs.

Housing: WE WILL BE PROVIDING HOUSING AT THE VENUE FOR FREE! The venue has heating and the doors are locked from the inside, so it is a great option for those that do not want to rent a hotel room.

Other than that, there isn't many Smashers in Huntsville that can provide housing. The Huntsville crew apartment can fit up to 20 people in it, and my house will be able to fit 5 people comfortably.

Additional Venue Information: Our current venue can support an estimated 60-70 people. If it is guaranteed that you are coming, PLEASE TELL US! If we reach over 60 people then I will reserve a larger venue! If this happens then I will have to include a venue fee unfortunately, but it'll be $5 max.

GET HYPE!

j00t

Smash Champion
post reserved for additional information

Stages, Rules

General Rules:

• 4 stock
  • 2/3 sets
  • 3/5 finals
  • 8 minute time limit
  • Items off
  • Ties broken by lives, then %
  • Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
  • Bring your own controller
  • Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
  • WOBBLING IS BANNED.
  • Team Attack will be ON
  • Life stealing allowed

The *Pound* 4 stagelist will be used for FAP!

The order of play during a match is given below:

• Both players, after picking their characters, will strike stages from the list of neutrals in a 1-2-1 order. That is, the first player strikes one stage, the second player will strike two stages, and the first player will then strike the final stage. Striking order is determined by controller port.
  • After the outcome of a match has been determined, the winner of that match will ban a stage from the list of neutrals and counterpicks (EXCEPT IN FINALS). The loser of the previous match will choose a stage, the winner will choose his character, and then the loser will choose his character. This step will be repeated until a winner of the match has been determined.
  • Only one stage may be banned by each player. This applies to finals matches where the match may extend beyond the third game.
  • Controller port disputes may be settled with rock-paper-scissors or a coin toss.

j00t

Smash Champion
Looks like I found my december tournament.

DGDTJ is simply too expensive.
PLEASE COME! A lot more people would come if you were there (along with other pro players). Wobbles wanted to play you at the first FAP, and I'm sure he'd come again if you and Dr. PP were there.

Winnar

Smash Lord
:D Yay for hbox

$5 mm? Oh also $5 mm at TO6? The plan is to win back my $5 from you at fap2 after I get sooooo goooooood

lol

Wiggins

Smash Ace
:O

Ok! I have three months to make sure that nothing ****ty happens inbetween now and then. Maybe I can make this... I WANNA GO!

I'll keep y'all fools updated.

BunBun?

Smash Rookie
Is there a bathroom this time?

Also, I doubt I'll make it. That's right between two of my exams.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
This is either right before or right after my final exams. Either way, I'm there!

Pssh, who has to take final exams on a weekend!?

j00t

Smash Champion
Is there a bathroom this time?

Also, I doubt I'll make it. That's right between two of my exams.
There were bathrooms last time... they just weren't right next to you. >_>;

I'm going to talk to the owners about getting the close bathrooms operational.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I asked my supervisor if i could take the weekend off for this and she said i could, so i should be able to make it.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
So I found out that my last day of school is the monday after this tournament, so I'm gonna find out what is going on on that monday and see if i can do the work the week before so i can go to this and spend time in evansville afterwards.

j00t

Smash Champion
Updated first post with attendance and interested lists.

Date's getting closer guys! GET HYPE

Top Bottom