• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nom #4

-Ran

Smash Master
We didn't have a high turn out as anticipated. Many players had work or were adjusting to college or a new year of high school. It didn't help that it stormed during most of the day, which prevented anyone that was on the fence from coming to the tournament. I was glad that we got to see a few players that usually don't come make it.

During the next tournament, I'm going to be running the Novice Bracket first. It will cost one dollar for them to enter the Novice bracket aside from the two dollar venue fee. The money will be used to pay the entry of the winner into the main bracket, or as many players that it can to enter into the main bracket.

Nom #5 will be September 25th.

Brawl Singles
Entrants: 15
Fee: $10
Bracket Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3843382/Nom4Brawl.gif
1: Jnig ($90.00)
2: John ($45.00)
3: Ran ($15.00)
4: Arcadia
5: CJ
5: Blaine
7: Fakegeorge
7: Savon
9: Battou
9: Adam
9: Wiki
9: Jiovanni
13: Victor
13: BSL
13: Everpower

Brawl Novice Bracket
Entrants: 11
Fee: None. Played for five dollars. <3
Bracket Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3843382/Nom4novice.gif
1: Savon
2: Everpower
3: Battou
4: Adam
5: Mura
5: Wiki
7: Taylor
7: BSL
9: Tim
9: Kyle
9: Victor

Melee
Entrants: 13
Fee: $5
Bracket Image:
1. Kyle
2. Tim
3. Avery
4. Mura
5. Taylor

I'll post the full results once my friend comes back with his laptop. Unfortunately, I forgot to pull the TIO folder off the tiny one. I just remember the top five.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
MK forgot how to play brawl, so I'll be switching to ICs for the next tourney or two. But not just ICs. I'm gonna play the chaingrabbing kind.

MK isn't top tier, no need to ban him. Carry on.

Turazrok

Smash Master
MK forgot how to play brawl, so I'll be switching to ICs for the next tourney or two. But not just ICs. I'm gonna play the chaingrabbing kind.

My MK is bad carry on.

Lee can help you with that.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Good job on winning the Novice Bracket Savon! Glad to see you're getting into the scene and getting better. :]

Ran, how are you planning to do a Novice Bracket before the tournament? If you put the bottom half of the original bracket into the Novice Bracke to begin with how will it be decided who is a "novice"?

-Ran

Smash Master
Ran, how are you planning to do a Novice Bracket before the tournament? If you put the bottom half of the original bracket into the Novice Bracke to begin with how will it be decided who is a "novice"?
I know most of the players in the state at this point. My general rule of thumb will be if someone has been on the PR at least once in the prior two PRs, then they aren't going to be allowed into it. Beyond that, I will bar entry from players that are head and shoulders above the competition. For example, CJ isn't a novice player, even though he has just come back at out of retirement. Despite qualifying based off my 'nonPR' rule, I wouldn't allow him in.

The previous Novice tournaments didn't really adhere to this rule. I was more so just doing it to give everyone a chance to gain more experience. The goal of the Novice tournament is to attract more players into the SCENE, not to steal their money or to give them a miserable experience. There are clear differences in skill levels in Brawl, and I look forwards to providing a secondary competition at the Novice level. Due to this, I will do what I will have to monitor the entrants closely.

Savon

Smash Ace
I wish I could come to your tournament as well Curlz, but I always have issues in terms of getting a ride. My parents do not want to go out of there way, but they also would prob not let me ride with you guys there. Going to one tournament a month will only do so much. Hopefully I can find a way to work something out.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I know most of the players in the state at this point. My general rule of thumb will be if someone has been on the PR at least once in the prior two PRs, then they aren't going to be allowed into it. Beyond that, I will bar entry from players that are head and shoulders above the competition. For example, CJ isn't a novice player, even though he has just come back at out of retirement. Despite qualifying based off my 'nonPR' rule, I wouldn't allow him in.
So people like Batto, Eazy, Booby, and I as well as other players around our skill won't be allowed into Novice Brackets?

I wish I could come to your tournament as well Curlz, but I always have issues in terms of getting a ride. My parents do not want to go out of there way, but they also would prob not let me ride with you guys there. Going to one tournament a month will only do so much. Hopefully I can find a way to work something out.
The best way for parents' trust to the smash scene is to either meet us or is to tell them something nice that smashers have done for you before. For example, I told my parents on how Batto "saved my life" at a concert one time, and now they love them and don't have a problem with the scene, lol.
Just start talking about us subtly to your parents and they might grow to love us.

BSP

Smash Legend
Story of my smash career so far lol

Turazrok

Smash Master
What are you talking about Curlz batto knocked me out of losers in novices.

-Ran

Smash Master
So people like Batto, Eazy, Booby, and I as well as other players around our skill won't be allowed into Novice Brackets?
Battou - Was allowed into the Novice bracket last tournament since I asked him not to use MK. He most likely wouldn't be allowed in the new Novice bracket because he has tons of experience and mostly causes his poor performances with the choices he makes prior to the tournament. Or maybe it was a matter of him being on the PR due to many good members leaving. I'm deciding on where Battou lies in terms of Novice eligibility.
Eazy - Has attended very few tournaments, and was never on the PR aside from maybe honorable mention. He'd be allowed in because he would stand to gain a ton of experience.
Booby - Honorable mention, but would be allowed in because he would stand to gain a ton of experience.
Curlz - PR member only due to a lack of active players during the season. You'd be allowed in to Novice bracket.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Curlz - PR member only due to a lack of active players during the season. You'd be allowed in to Novice bracket.
****. Not falling into that fate. **** that ****.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Good stuff, JNig! This power top REALLY wants to be number 2 in the state next PR!

Would this CJ happen to be the same CJ who used to be on the LA PR a long time ago?

And Battou, what happened?

-Ran

Smash Master
Not really. I'm just speaking logically and I attempt to remove personal bias when I approach a subject objectively. During that Pr season, I was close to convincing everyone to omit the tenth spot. You have to admit, you had a miserable experience when you were on the PR. You clearly weren't ready for it.

Is that a bad thing? Nope, it just shows as a pr group we made the wrong call and put pressure and expectations on you that negatively impacted your play.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
GGs, to everyone. I really need to play Melee with BR some more. At this point, I'm not going to get any better playing against comps anymore.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
SAVE YOUR MATCHES, people! There were a couple of setups with infinite replay on, so if you want vids, PRESS Z! I have to find my SD card first (it's somewhere in my house, idk how I lost it), but I'll start recording them when I do. I have my set vs. Arcadia, GF's, and one match of Ran vs. Arcadia.

Good stuff, JNig! This power top REALLY wants to be NUMBER 1 in the state next PR!

Would this CJ happen to be the same CJ who used to be on the LA PR a long time ago?
Fixed.

And yes, this is the same CJ. He has work/school/job to deal with, but it's awesome he came and did well.

John- Camp me more.
Arcadia- Quit being so mad bro. I fear you'll dwell too much that "YOU GOT LUCKY" instead of remembering your mistakes (and mine) and learning from them.
CJ- Good to see you back. Glad you made it and did well. Still got your tricks, but as you saw, I've learned some on my own. Come to more tournies!
Blaine- Still doin work I see. Keep it up! And Arakune is annoying, but not as annoying as he was in the first Blazblue.
Savon- Getting better I see. You just need a little more exp, and you are set.
Batto- Dude, what happened? I know you can do better, even without MK.
Adam- See Savon.
Jiovanni- Man, when is that upset gonna happen? MISTER STEAL YO GURL!!!
Victor- I don't know if you'll see this, but I'm glad you came and had some fun. As you can see, competitive smash is srs biz.
Everpower- lol, if you don't play brawl, don't do so well in the amateur redemption novice bracket.

Top Bottom