• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.O.S Gamers 1st super smash bros. Food drive for city harvest 9/12/10

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
S.O.S GAMERS 1ST SUPER SMASH BROS. FOOD DRIVE FOR CITY HARVEST 9/12/10

Hey everyone,
S.O.S Gamers is back in action and we’re hosting our 1st Super Smash Bros. Food Drive Tournament in the Brooklyn area. At this event, we will be taking donations in the form of food items. These food items will be counted as part of the venue entry fee and will be collected by City Harvest at the end of the event. City Harvest exists to end hunger in communities throughout New York City. They do this through food rescue and distribution, education, and other practical, innovative solutions. If you would like to learn more about City Harvest and what they do, please visit their website www.CityHarvest.org. The tournament will take place on September 12, 2010. Full details are below:

Date: Sunday, September 12th
Registration Starts at: 12pm

Tournament starts: 1pm

Venue Name: “Game Pad”

Traveling by Subway: N Train to Bay Pkwy Ave Stop (2 blocks away from venue). Walk towards 67th Street and continue until you reach 68th street. The store is located closer to the intersection of Bay Parkway and 68th Street.

Traveling by Bus: B6 - Also stops 2 streets down from the venue (@ BayPkwy+66th St)

Address: 6727 Bay Pkwy
Brooklyn, NY 11204

Store’s contact number: 718-837-6604

Venue fee: $5 + 5 food items (specific details of what CAN and CANNOT be brought in as the 5 food items will be stated below)

Singles entry: $10

Teams: $20 ($10 per teammate)

Spectator Fee: 3 food items

Donations: If you choose to donate, we are accepting both monetary donations and food donations. If you require a receipt for your donation, please let us know and we will give one to you on site. Thank you.

Food items that we CAN accept for donation:
Canned fruit
Canned Vegetables
Peanut butter (plastic jars)
Mac and cheese (packaged)
Hot and cold cereal (packaged, Family sized)
Canned soups

Food items that we CANNOT accept for donation:
Unlabeled or dented cans
Any open packaging
Products that need to be refrigerated
Homemade foods
Expired products

It is highly encouraged and greatly appreciated that you preregister online(PREREGISTRATION) for this event. This allows us to create the brackets before hand to expedite the conduction of the event.

We will be gaming for a purpose and a good cause and we absolutely value your time and efforts!

Hope to see everyone there,
Antoine Lewis-Hall
Chief Officer of Operations
S.O.S. Gamers Inc.
Sosgamers.org

Brawl rules

* 3 stock
* 8 minute time limit
* Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
* Double Elimination
* IDC is banned
* 50 Ledge grab rule ( if you time out each other in a match and you go over 50 ledge grabs you lose that match. )
* Items are OFF including smash ball

Doubles:

* Team attack ON
* Life stealing is allowed

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Neutral Stages: Each player can alternately strike a stage until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

Neutral:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Green Greens
* Pictochat
* Pokémon Stadium 2

Banned Stages:

*Everything Else

Mages Dq Rules:

2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 1 stage that will be banned from the tournament set.

Counterpick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

If the loser of the match chooses to select the stage at random. The NEITHER PLAYER CANNOT change character.

* Excessive "stall" tactics are banned.
* Controller Mods are banned Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have ONE STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches*

Singles seeding will be random with some courtesy to crews – you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in ordered to be favored. You MUST have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will be done randomly.

Suicide Rules:

If kirby,ganon,wario,ddd are able to end a match in a tie due to their
suicide moves, the sudden death is ignored, and the players play 1 stock
matches. If bowser suicides someone off the stage, the match is awarded to
bowser (due to conflicting controller port issues).

Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she
may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is
so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that
there is not unnecessary confusion.

Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out
of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery
life, but it prevents accidental interference and delay for tournament
matches (please, if at all possible, avoid using these during the
tournament).

ALSO TO THOSE WONDERING ABOUT IF CRT TVS WILL BE AVIALIABLE THEY WILL BE, SO NO WORRIES ABOUT AND ABUNDANCE OF LAGGY MATCHES!!!

CRT TVS:6
HD COMPONENT CABLE TVS:4

*I URGE EVERYONE TO PREREGISTER*

PREREGISTRATION

ALL IS BRAWL

HelpR

Smash Ace
cool, another SOS gamers event.

Alot of people should go to this, help some people out in NYC who really need help, even if indirectly, and help the smash scene too

Hope I can make it, but if not, hope it goes well.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
is the 5 food items venue fee for real or just a joke?
wow facepalm. why dont you look up at the title or click on the link that shows this is a food drive? its a charitable organization.

this should get hype. its for a good cause.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I hope this gets a lot of hype. It's for a good cause. I'll definitely be there.

I preregistered. It didn't ask about my doubles partner. It's Anti.

Jtails

Smash Lord
I'm deff attending this. so should everyone else.

PA/NE would be cool :)

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Thanx for the support

I like the support im seeing for this event, the only thing now people is i urge you all to preregister so we can have almost all of the bracket/entrants all ready put in so we can save time. Preregister at the link that i gave you all.

Thanks,
antoine lewis-hall

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
.................."Venue fee: $5 + 5 food items (specific details of what CAN and CANNOT be brought in as the 5 food items will be stated below)"

.......so im guessing u do need 5 food items? i dont even have the list of food items in my house, havent eat in like 50 hours.....

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, thank you all for showing interest in our event and our organization. On the day of the event, we'll make sure to address any questions that you all may have regarding S.O.S. Gamers and what we're trying to accomplish. The 5 food items is indeed a real request and we hope that everyone will be able to help contribute. I would just like to say that this is only the beginning of our journey into the not-for-profit world and we hope that we can provide a worthwhile experience for all of you, while helping out those in need in the process.

I know that we would all agree that video gaming has always been a common thread that brings us all together to do amazing things and have a great time while we're at it, so we want to share that with the world. Let's show everyone what we're capable of achieving when we stand together. Thank you all very much and see you Sunday!

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
This is an extremely tempting event! I hope it this gets hyped! This was posted less than 2 weeks before the event. Still...

MEGA HYPE!!!

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
~Hope i could make it to this, looks awesome :D, wish it wasn't this early on a sunday though :/

DARKDRAGONHIEI

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-5788-9766
Just asking i'm sure it was clarified before but i'm just making sure. would five cans of tunas count as five food items or would it count as 1 food item catagory, and NO i'm not saying that, thats all i'm going to bring, i will bring more just want to clarify. ashame they don't want homemade food =/ had some really good ideas, oh well it is understandable. i will try my best to attend this event, i look foward to eat . . i mean it. **** now i'm getting hungry ^_^'''

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
moment of clarity

To Helpr and to anyone else that's curious, yes cans of tuna can be brought to the event. Anything that doesnt need to be refrigerated and that's prepacked would be a viable item to donate at the food drive.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
omg

you can buy pasta at ShopRite or Walmart for like 50-80 cents a pound right now

just get five of those

are you near Pwii? I'm taking him there and would like to fill my car up
yea im like 5min away from him i think (fairlawn) and if u could pick me up that would be great but idk if ill find the time to get those food items

edit: ill try to bring like 5 bananas and ill be good xD

edit 2: actually i think i got alot of can food ill just take

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
Hello again,

I just wanted to thank everyone for supoprting this event. If you currently don't have any food items that you can liberate from your place of residence, feel free to head to the nearest supermarket and pick up 5 x 99 cent items (pasta as Inui suggested or other acceptable items that may be on sale for 99 cents) and those will more than suffice. In regards to the canned tuna, yes, 5 of the same item is great.

We greatly appreciate the efforts you are all putting forth. Additionally, I have a favor to ask. I am trying to coordinate with City Harvest to schedule the pick up of food items. In order to do that, I would like to be able to give them an estimate of the number of pounds of food we will have. That being said, I would appreciate it if you could all please register online for the event:

http://sosgamersinc.wufoo.com/forms/sos-gamers-super-smash-bros-brawl-food-drive/

That way, I will "guestimate" how many pounds of food person we'll have and let City Harvest know what to expect. Our goal to collect at least 50 pounds of food. If anyone has any questions, feel free to email SOSGamersInc@gmail.com.

Thank you and see you all on Sunday!

-Kwabena

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
WILL JOHN NUMBAHZ TEAM WITH THE ONE AND ONLY CAESARSALAD!? STAY TUNED AND FIND OUT!

Edit: Caps lock

Top Bottom