• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phase 14 - Sept 25 - @ FX Game Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Please bring TVs if you can. The more we have, the more you guys can play friendlies =)
Please bring TVs if you can. The more we have, the more you guys can play friendlies =)

Phase 14 - More Friendlies!!
September 25th, 2010

Tentative Schedule & Fees

Registration for each event will end promptly 5 min before the event starts.
10:00 AM - Doors open / Setup / MMs
12:00 PM - Brawl Doubles begin
1:30 PM - Brawl Singles begin
8:30 PM - Shut down TVs/Wiis and start cleaning up (i need help from you guys here)
9:00 PM - Store closes

Venue Fee - $3 per person - FREE if you bring a full setup (TV + Wii)
Brawl Singles - $10 per person - NO REFUNDS
Brawl Doubles - $10 per person - NO REFUNDS

Venue

FX Game Exchange - Google Maps
3000 Custer Rd, Plano TX, 75075

Contact: Store Owner "Trey" (972-212-4233) or UTDZac (361-676-2223 or AIM shadowgripper)

Links

Livestream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/phase-tournaments
Twitter: http://twitter.com/phase_tourneys
FX Game Exchange: http://www.fxvideogameexchange.com

Stage List

Starter Stages
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick Stages
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Banned Stages
Everything else

Payouts

Singles:
1-19 = 80 / 20
20 - 39 = 60 / 30 / 10
40 - 79 = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
80-99 = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
120+ = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

Doubles (# of Teams):
1-9 = 80 / 20
10 - 19 = 60 / 30 / 10
20 - 39 = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
40-59 = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
60+ = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

General Rules
  • Absolutely NO CUSSING in the store, or the store owner can throw you out.
  • 3 Stock for Brawl. 4 Stock for Melee. 4 Stock for Brawl Minus.
  • 8 minute timer.
  • Items are set to "Off" and "None"
  • Matches are best of 3. Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are best of 5.
  • Controller port disputes will be resolved by Rock-Paper-Scissors or higher number with G&W's SideB.
  • Brawl: First round stage will be determined by stage strike system.
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • In teams matches one team will get ports 1 and 4, while the other team gets ports 2 and 3.
  • Make sure you fix your controller and your tag before you start playing. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.
  • [Time Limit] If the timer runs out, the winner of the game will be determined by the following criteria in this order: Stock and Percentage. If Stock is used to determine a winner, the highest number will win. If Percentage is used to determine a winner, the lowest number will win. If both Stock and Percentage are tied, Sudden Death won’t be used and a Tiebreaker Round will be played instead. In a Tiebreaker Round, stock will be set to 1, the timer will be set to 4 Minutes, and the same stage and characters must be used.

MLG Rules
  • No use of Marth’s grab release infinites against Lucas and Ness.
  • No use of King Dedede’s grab infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.
  • No use of Metaknight’s infinite cape glitch.
  • No pausing a game without the other player's permission.
  • No use of an action that freezes a game, or otherwise disrupts standard gameplay.
  • Any infinite move must end before the affected character reaches 300%.
  • Players may request a blind pick of characters for the game 1 of a match.
  • Players may not intentionally manipulate a button, trigger, bumper, D-Pad, and/or joystick on a teammate’s controller while a game is in progress. Breaking this rule will result in a forfeit of the game.
  • [Stage Striking] For game 1 of each match, the higher seeded player/team must strike three stages from the list of starter stages. The lower seeded player/team must then strike 4 stages from the list of starter stages. The higher seeded player/team must then choose the game 1 stage from the remaining starter stages.
  • [Ledge Grab Limit] If the timer runs out and a player exceeds the ledge grab limit for that game’s stage, that player/team will forfeit the game. However, if the timer runs out and both players in a 1v1 match, or at least one player on each 2v2 team, exceed the ledge grab limit for that game’s stage, the penalty will not be enforced (instead, use the [Time Limit] rule above). The ledge grab limit will be 35. The ledge grab limits only apply to games/tiebreaker rounds in which the timer runs out.

Other Rules
  • MikeHaze rule: No yelling or making abrupt noises at your opponent. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Exodia moments) are exempt.
  • Chibo's Video-for-the-masses rule: You cannot refuse to be recorded if you pay money to enter an event.
  • Razer's No Coaching rule: Spectators may NOT coach/give advice to the players while they are playing a tournament game. In between games of a set is ok.

Housing
If you need housing, please contact one of these locals. If you can house people, let me know and I'll add you to the list.
  • Dphat 214-536-1403
  • UTDZac 361-676-2223
  • Shuz 469-237-4493
  • Ice 214-518-5886
  • Sethlon 832-482-5588
  • Brett (Denton) 214-729-1880

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm auditioning my actors for a short this weekend, so I won't be able to make this.

Meaning it'll be tough for Austin to make this. XD

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I want to go, but it's too early to tell...

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
It's either this or Kingsville's tourney... a hard decision since I know a few fellow Marth mains will be at Kingsville and I need their training.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If I have enough money, I'll go to this...assuming P4 gives me ride. ;)

iwatchbleach

Smash Rookie
Seems really nice. Ill c if I can go :D
Seems like tons of fun!
Also, is there anything else you need to get in besides $13 or $10 with full set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom