• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Technical Terminology, Formula, mechanics, ramblings

Veril

Frame Savant
This is not the same as the terminology thread. By nature we will have to have a much more precise set of technical terminology and a glossary of all the abbreviations I'll be using in my data and am too stubborn to change ;p

Glossary of Terms and their Acronyms

Move: derp derp
•jabx1, jabx2, jabx3: derp
•jab100: the repeating jab
•jab100 end: the hits that occur when the jab is ended rather than looping
•ftilthi: up angled forward tilt
•ftilt: non-angled forward tilt, can refer to all the tilts if the frame breakdown turns out to be the same for all (which is not always the case).
•ftiltlw: down angled forward tilt
•utilt: up tilt
•dtilt: down tilt
•tbc not that hard to figure out

HID: hitbubble Identification, a system I use to differentiate hitbubbles within a given move.
•First value is a number refering to the presence or absence of previous hitboxes (terminated collisions). Will be 1 unless it is a multi hit attack.
**This can also be "L#" if the hitbubble is looped, the number used if there are multiple loops in the same move.
•Second value refers to different hitboxes without a transfer collision.
**If this value is an upper case G this is the grounded hitbox of an aerial attack or aerial special.
•Third value refers to the hitbubble ID in PSA.

Hit1: first hitframe for a given hitbubble within a given move or move component.

Hit2: last hitframe for the hitbubble associated with Hit1.

FAF: First actionable frame based on IASA or the animations duration + 1, whichever is earlier.

EAC: early autocancel frames

AC: later, normally noted autocancel frames

ALR: landing lag

Flow1: based on RAbit16, frame 0 of the linked move if this move hits and the button is held OR if the button is pressed.

Flow2: based on RAbit17, frame 0 of the linked move if button held w/o hit.

Flow100: based on RAbit20, frame 0 of jab100

Loop: based on RAbit22, frame 0 of the first move in the sequence.

bone: significant points in a character model. The "bone" value listed in my data is the bone associated with a given hitbubble. Bone 0 is the "pivot point" or "body/central bone". Yay bone 0.

dmg: base damage converted from hex

angle: base angle converted from hex.

∂kb: weight knockback, a form of "fixed" knockback growth.

kbg: knockback growth. Values listed as kbg may actually be ∂kb because I get my data from text dumps primarily. I'll go through and fix those when I have all the hitbubbles noted.

sdm: shield damage (not a multiplier, just a fixed value added to damage).

bkb: base knockback.

trip: trip modifier. trip % = trip*100

hlm: hitlag multiplier. Does not apply to shield hitlag.
•Hitlag=Floor[(damage/2.6)*HLM*E]

SDI: sdi multiplier, affects the distance a character is moved with each directional input during hitlag.

Size: the radius of a given hitbubble

z: displacement of the hitbubble on the z-axis
y: derp
x: derp

flags: the "normal" offensive collision flag
•F#1: involved in priority (hitbubble interactions) determination, afaik the only values possible here are 0,1,2 and 3.
•F#2: the damage differential necessary to beat out a move of the same F#1 type???? theory
•F#3: can be 0,4,8 or C (which is 12). don't know if its involved in priority or what. Can't figure it out.
•F#4: air/ground interaction (1=ground, 2=air, 3=both)
•F#5: SFX?
•F#6: always an even number, SFX?
F#7: always a multiple of 4, part of the element animation flag component?
e#: the element of a hitbubble

SFlags: special offensive collision flags. Mostly code for "only hits forward".
•204FFFC3: nado SOC flag
•4F0083: Bowser's sideb
•4FFFC0: buttstars
•4FFFC3: only hits forward
•80FFFC3: Toon Link's Pummel
•84FFFC3: various pummels and select special offensive collisions on bowser's u and d throws
•E04FFFC0: windbox

TBC

tired

•q refers to position in move queue, fresh bonus applies to the first use per stock
•damage=base damage as listed for the hitbubble in PSA * staleness modifier (fresh=1.05, q0=1, q1=.9, q2=.81, etc=.73, .66, .6, .55, .51, .48, .46). Damage is read to the hundredths place, so #.xx. So if you were wondering if fractional damage is possible... it is.

•Shieldstun=Sstun=Floor[(damage)/3]
•Shield hitlag=SHL=Floor[(damage/2.6)*E+5]
•Hitlag=HL=Floor[(damage/2.6)*HLM*E]
•E=1.5 for electric attacks and 1 for normal attacks, other elements warrant further study.
•bkb induced hitstun=bkb*.4
•normal escape frame on block=hitframe + SHL + sstun

Hitlag starts the frame of the hit, very important to keep that in mind.

I already posted a thread on size but I guess I'll move that here.

Luxor

Smash Champion
...So pretty much the only thing you don't have a formula for is hitstun given when the opponent isn't at 0%. Amazing. Having all of that data applicable to stale moves is great too. I didn't know the tidbit about a move getting a bonus its first use either- I've got some stuff to do with all this info.

Also, I cringe a little inside whenever someone says it takes 10% to break the Tornado.

Veril

Frame Savant
...So pretty much the only thing you don't have a formula for is hitstun given when the opponent isn't at 0%.
Well the two types of formula I'm not releasing atm are my hitstun growth rates, and kb displacement work because those are secrets.

btw, the opponent at 0% still takes kbg induced hitstun (unless the damage is 0, in which case its effectively a no flinch move).

I don't have a ∂kb to hitstun formula. That is the only thing I don't know at all. I've been working on this stuff since Brawl came out and have been obsessed for over a year and a half now soooo... yeah

Don't think I'm even close to finished posting formula though, there's a ton of stuff I need to add in here still ;p

**** you 8 am class and commute to school!

Veril

Frame Savant
looking more into priority. trying to figure out the damage - priority link, I think the second value may have something to do with a hitboxes effective "health" but I'm not sure

Top Bottom