• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A jab lock

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Does anyone spike with Marth people onto stage then think to jab lock?

It works plenty of the time. Was just playing in training mode and picked up on it.

Known or not?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yeah, after hitting them with dair there's at least 40+ frames before you can really do anything to them (i.e. be on the ground).

So yeah... you could get them with it... but eh if you get someone with a dair spike on stage, you're better off trying to read their roll direction then follow up.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I don't know if this fully works, but you can grab release Mk into a dair. Why not try to jab lock afterwards? Marth's dair spike has tremendous stun, which is why I think it's possible. Someone test this since I suck at dair spikes with Mk.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Yea, Marth's only reliable jab lock setup is knocking someone off a platform. Marth cannot jab lock MK after a grab release Dair.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
yeah pierce too good

spike shouldn't work. i mean it DOES, but an opponent doesn't even have to tech. they can hold left or right or up and no void from this.

good thinking though, always good to try to make something up

Top Bottom