• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Character Specific Tournament Version 6: Dragonmaster_Omega wins!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
KillerJawz Presents

The Character Specific Tournament, Version 6

Introduction

For those of you who are unfamiliar to this series, welcome to the Character Specific Tournament. In this tournament, just like in every other tournament, you defeat your opponent in order to advance to the next round, however, this series has a major twist. You are not the one who chooses the character which you use... I am, yes, you saw that right. Every single round that is about to be played, I will draw up the bracket and a character will be selected randomly. So for example, in round one, all of you will be required to play _____ character, the next round you will then play a different character and so on, until the semi finals, where you will be able to play any of the characters that you have used in the tournament so far, then the same applies for the grand finals.

Example:

A and B are selected for rounds 1 and 2, this means that at the semi final round, you may use either A, B or the character chosen specifically for the semi final round (example, C).

So A, B and C are all available for the final round. Another character is chosen for the final round (example, D). You are then free to use any of the four characters,

Format Rules

• 16 person tournament, no more, no less.
  • Single Elimination
  • Each match will consist of a best of 3. The grand finals will be a best of 5.
  • You must stick to the character I choose, you may not change your character under any circumstances

In the event that a match could not be played

If the matches aren't done by the deadline, then the person who was available to play gets the win. Unless they both just couldn't find a proper scheduling (Ex: Trying to play someone on the other side of the planet and you were asleep when they're wide awake and ready to play), that would permit for me to coin toss the winner of the set. Unless I'm lenient enough to let them extend the deadline for their matches.

Credit to Lucas Perfected for that explanation

Game Rules

• 3 Stock Matches
  • 8 Minutes
  • Items set to off and none
  • If a suicide move is enduced to end the game, the producer of that move will be the winner
  • MK's infinite cape/D3's infinites on Samus/DK/Bowser/Mario/Luigi are banned
  • CGs must stop at 250%
  • Marth's Grab Release Infinite on Lucas/Ness is banned
  • Switching from Samus to Zero Suit Samus or Zelda to Sheik and vice versa will result in an instant match loss.

Stage Neutrals

• Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Island [Brawl]
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Pokemon Stadium

Stage Counterpicks

• Brinstar
  • Halberd
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Pictochat
  • Norfair
  • Castle Siege
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Rainbow Cruise/Ride

Character Chosen

• Round 1 - Zelda
  • Round 2 - Pokemon Trainer
  • Round 3 - Samus
  • Grand Finals - Falco

Register Format

Please post below in the following format. I don't want to know your brawl characters played because it may be seemed as influence/bias.

Brawl Name / Friend Code / Wifi Tag

Example:

KillerJawz / 9999-9999-9999 / KJ

Participants

Bracket

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=374366

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
First.

Lucas Perfected/ 3222-6676-2121/ Izu 5

Good stuff KJ, glad to see this back as a series.

Added DTK to the OP, and come on Composer ;___;. I'll give you a cookie if you join..... a D3 shaped one? :3

.WC.

Smash Journeyman
I'll join if you choose Ganondorf for me each round. :>

Added to the OP.

EDIT: Golden-psyco and Teh Shlurpie both requested to be added to the tourny over IM.

5 spots left.

You don't have to put the example bit, but that's fine xD.

Added to the OP 3 spots left.

milistisia2

Smash Apprentice
milistisia2/2062-9116-4034/REMIX
well its been two days (i think) so signing up :D
edit: lol its been a while... ive been way too busy past couple days lol

Yup as promised you are guaranteed a spot.

2 spots left now, updated the OP.

I've also added hyperlinks to everybodies names so you don't have to go around to find them.

Sorry squirtleuser, global-wolf has taken the last position.

Okay guys, the tournament is now FULL, you are no longer allowed to sign up.

All participants will recieve a PM with information on the tournament and such.

The bracket will be up shortly.

Edit: Bracket is up.

Edit2: The character for this round is Zelda, you may NOT switch to Sheik. Switching to Sheik will result in an instant match loss.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy, Zelda dittos, this should be interesting.

Also had a question. I messaged my opponent so i am going to wait for his reply, but what would happen in the circumstance that the opponent never shows up, is it just a win for the person who WAS ready the whole time?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Oh boy, Zelda dittos, this should be interesting.

Also had a question. I messaged my opponent so i am going to wait for his reply, but what would happen in the circumstance that the opponent never shows up, is it just a win for the person who WAS ready the whole time?
If the matches aren't done by the deadline, then the person who was available to play gets the win. Unless they both just couldn't find a proper scheduling (Ex: Trying to play someone on the other side of the planet and you were asleep when they're wide awake and ready to play), that would permit KJ to coin toss the winner of the set. Unless he's lenient enough to let them extend the deadline for their matches. (un)

LP thank you ^^, let me just run along and add that to the OP.

Get your matches done ASAP everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom