• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vulcan GameBox Smash Tournament 6 - 9/4/10 - Birmingham, AL

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Let me know if there are any changes that should be made to your characters.

Brawl Singles -- 22 entrants -- $10 entry
Bracket
1: kismet2 :falco: ($132.00)
2: TheReflexWonder :pt: ($66.00)
3: Bill_ :snake: :falco: :shiek: ($22.00)
4: George :kirby2:
5: Kola :marth:
5: Will_ :metaknight:
7: Mahgnittoc :diddy:
7: TheONEJanitor :snake: :marth:
9: Twinster :falco:
9: Aloha :olimar:
9: Cheap :peach:
9: Mardi :rob:
13: Moogle
13: Mr. Pickle
13: KOKingpin
13: Pharoh
17: ZeroGamer
17: Sugar
17: absar
17: Wulfy
17: Sup
17: Silent

Brawl doubles -- 12 entrants -- $10 entry
Bracket
1: Bill_ + kismet2 ($72.00)
2: TheReflexWonder + KOKingpin ($36.00)
3: Kola + ZeroGamer ($12.00)
4: George + Will_
5: TheONEJanitor + Cheap
5: Poncho + TheMetaKnightLiesBroken
7: Mahgnittoc + Bar
7: Sup + eh?
9: Him + Me
9: Kage26 + Hannah
9: Ethan + NinjaSomething
9: FurryFella + d-wayne

Melee singles -- 12 entrants -- $10 entry
Bracket
1: Moogle ($72.00)
2: yoshiiscool ($36.00)
3: Trex ($12.00)
4: KoKingpin
5: TheONEJanitor
5: Cheap
7: Sup
7: Will_
9: Kola
9: Mr. Pickle
9: George
9: ZeroGamer

Melee doubles -- 5 entrants -- $10 entry
Bracket
1: Trex + Moogle ($30.00)
2: KOKingpin + yoshiiscool ($15.00)
3: kismet2 + Bill_ ($5.00)
4: Cheap + ZeroGamer
5: George + Will_

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
first. :)
i played marth in two of my sets
i dunno if you want to include that

SHOUTOUTS:

CHEAP: thanks for teaming with me, we should have won both the matches we lost lol lucario makes me panic. i wanted to uptilt him so bad. we're a pretty good team tho im down if you ever need a teammate. also, you would have beaten me in melee anyway, but i was having mad controller johns. once i switch controllers i was doing a lot better. REMATCH. i need to learn how to fight peach

GEO: dear geo, stop knocking me out of tournaments plox. i believe i'm finally learning your kirby though lol. basically snake camp moar and stop falling for your trixies. good shee though, i thought you had billy.

ALOHA: ahhhh olimar :(. im getting better at the matchup. again, snake camp moar. and i need to get better at edgeguarding, and getting the kill asap. good stuff though.

KOLA + ZERO: intense sets man. probably the highlight of my evening

KOKINGPIN: ahh finally beat that DDD. i knew you were gonna do that meanie :( again, snake camp moar. I'm starting to see a trend here. good matches though. i didn't get to play any melee with you though :-/

YOSHIISCOOL: good set there. I love good yoshi's. he's so fun to watch. considering you got second place, I'm happy with how relatively decent I seemed to do against you. hope to see yall aat more AL events

KISMET: hey stop coming to al and taking our monies! man didn't get to play you at all. wtf

TWINSTER: good FLACO you got thurr. just be more patient and you got this. oh and don't let snake come back once you spike him from the chaingrab. :)

WILL: we didn't play either. geez what was i doing this whole tournament? i dont feel like i did any friendlies.

pretty good tournament. I'm pretty happy with how i played. i'm ready for the next one

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Best I've done for some time now. Billy trying to take my thunder as only Marth in AL is lame though. :V

Shoutouts:
KHGamer(MetaknightLiesBroken)-Thanks for showing up to a tournament, hope you enjoyed doubles and try to stay for singles next time~

Sup-Nice meeting you, xD laid a beatdown on me in the Melee match and the doubles match was tons of fun.

Janitor- Big shoutout for showing up to a tournament again. It's about **** time lol. Your snake is still pretty good. I'm sure if you just continue to play more you'd get passed the few matchup problems you have problems with (i.e sonic/olimar/peach?).

Twinster- Most improved award goes to you. Great stuff beating Zero_Gamer and Moogle. xD Come out to Ausom 2 man and keep practicing with Joel.

Sugar- Welcome to the AL brawl scene! Nice set man, if I didn't have a lot of Falco practice I'm sure that match would have been yours for sure.

KOKingpin- Enjoyed seeing your **** face with a low tier character that you enjoyed. Placing higher than Zero and I ever had in doubles and we practice this game a lot. :<

Mr.Pickle- Nice of you to join the Brawl bracket despite hating the game. xD Hope me joining the Melee bracket was enough to share the favor.

Aloha- When did you practice to get so good? I was planning on wrecking a Kirby/Diddy from you but didn't expect to go on my toes against your ICs and Olimar. Great **** dude and hope to meet you at many more tournaments or smashfests.

Mahgnittoc- Diddy vs Marth is 60/40 Diddy and I'm sticking to it until he stops having banana's. >:l
But I'm uber glad you got to actually go to a tournament again. Hopefully more Gamebox tournaments will pop up so we can play each other more.

George- Thanks for hosting man, xD if I would have kept my end of the deal I would have had my first single bracket match with you in years haha. Impressive win over Will and great performance against Billy.

Reflex and Kismet- I didn't get to play you or have friendlies but I'm leaving a shoutout for being awesome and giving some advice and continuing to entertain the scene by bringing such high level performance games to Alabama. Hopefully our little crew in Birmingham can get to the level you two are at very soon.

Billy- Congrats on making me look like a nub infront of that kid whom continued to laugh at me the entire tournament : (. Snake is dumb but I'm going to play your Snake until I get that stupid matchup somewhat learned. No Marth dittos ever, I'm keeping my self proclaimed Best Marth In Alabama <.<

Will-Thanks for the friendlies man, and once again I appreciated the help and critiques throughout them. I'll try and fix these bad habits and do a better performance the next go around.

Zero Gamer is a scrub for getting last place, he's getting taken off of the PR for sure, replacing him with like Aloha/Mahg/Janitor.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I also played Sheik for 2 of my games, if you want to add that.

Kola, you better get that Marth ditto down for the next time I play you in brackets. :p
But seriously, come over to Auburn for a weekend. We can provide housing and play smash all weekend.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
kola i kind of picked up marth too lol
but you dont have to worry about mine surpassing yours.
at least not yet.

i played him a few times at this tournament. particularly against sonic. i dont like snake vs sonic at all. im pretty sure that sonic can time snake out at will. marth, however has a sword. and a counter, which wrecks sonics shenanigans. i also play marth against snake. its weird tho. i feel like when i play snake i have an advantage over marth. but when i play marth i feel like have an advantage over snake *shrug*

but dont worry kola.
billy did the same thing to me
i'm no longer the best/only snake in alabama either :(

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I also played Sheik for 2 of my games, if you want to add that.

Kola, you better get that Marth ditto down for the next time I play you in brackets. :p
But seriously, come over to Auburn for a weekend. We can provide housing and play smash all weekend.
;P I can't get the ditto down if I don't have a Marth to practice against. Obviously.
I may just have to mess around with it on Wi-Fi. Along with like all of the heavy characters I hate.

kola i kind of picked up marth too lol
but you dont have to worry about mine surpassing yours.
at least not yet.

i played him a few times at this tournament. particularly against sonic. i dont like snake vs sonic at all. im pretty sure that sonic can time snake out at will. marth, however has a sword. and a counter, which wrecks sonics shenanigans. i also play marth against snake. its weird tho. i feel like when i play snake i have an advantage over marth. but when i play marth i feel like have an advantage over snake *shrug*

but dont worry kola.
billy did the same thing to me
i'm no longer the best/only snake in alabama either :(
:mad:

Weird that you have the feeling that you do better against Snakes with Marth. : P Most Marth's hate playing Snake in general. Maybe you can actually make the matchup work having that you know Snakes moves and such.

Looks like it was a good turnout. Too bad I had to come home this weekend. Good job Kola.
Twas a great turnout. Would have been better if we didn't scare 10 people off after doubles haha.

Thanks Cam

*Cam*

Smash Lord
;P I can't get the ditto down if I don't have a Marth to practice against. Obviously.
I may just have to mess around with it on Wi-Fi. Along with like all of the heavy characters I hate.

:mad:

Weird that you have the feeling that you do better against Snakes with Marth. : P Most Marth's hate playing Snake in general. Maybe you can actually make the matchup work having that you know Snakes moves and such.

Twas a great turnout. Would have been better if we didn't scare 10 people off after doubles haha.

Thanks Cam
I'll convince Spade to come to the AU tournament. He has a great Marth. Idk whose is better actually.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
you could marth ditto me, but i'm pretty sure my marth is way too simplistic and strange for you to actually learn anything

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Has anyone else noticed the cycle that Raf, Luis, and Calvin have?

It's like paper rock scissors.

:squirtle: > :popo:
:popo: > :falco:
:falco: > :squirtle:

Aloha

Smash Cadet
great tourny geo! had fun turnout was great could have had even more if nu was not out of town!

Aloha

Smash Cadet
cam please get back into brawl seems like alabama is still hungry all we need to do is get back on track son!!! we got hella talent!!!!!

Aloha

Smash Cadet
kalm. dangr? nice 1! brown S? i mean wtf??? come alabama got this!!!!

kismet2

Smash Ace
Has anyone else noticed the cycle that Raf, Luis, and Calvin have?

It's like paper rock scissors.

:squirtle: > :popo:
:popo: > :falco:
:falco: > :squirtle:
Yeah it used to be between me, lounis, and luis but i've been more consistent against raf and ics in general from playing him so much so we'll see what happens next time i play him

*Cam*

Smash Lord
cam please get back into brawl seems like alabama is still hungry all we need to do is get back on track son!!! we got hella talent!!!!!
I'm already into Brawl. What I'm not into is giving Calvin, Lounis, and Luis my $10 every month, especially at tournaments where I can barely get warmed up first.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Meh I spend $10 knowing I won't win a tournament all the time. The $10 is for the excitement of competition or just to be a better part of the community. I joined Melee knowing I wouldn't get higher than last. xD

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i've gotten to the point where I feel like if I try my hardest and play the game correctly, I might be able to beat some of those good players.
i dont consider it an auto-loss anymore (except against raf cuz ic's are gay)

its just a matter of not falling for trixies and being smart and crafty.
and i can do that

*Cam*

Smash Lord
i've gotten to the point where I feel like if I try my hardest and play the game correctly, I might be able to beat some of those good players.
i dont consider it an auto-loss anymore (except against raf cuz ic's are gay)

its just a matter of not falling for trixies and being smart and crafty.
and i can do that
Agreed, except I think some matchups can just be so dumb that your skill level has to be much higher than their skill level to win.

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
Gawd!!! I didnt know about this!!! i was kinda busy anyway.
i will make it to the next one for sure.
@ Kola
Im looking for a marth ditto rematch
He is almost half as much fun as bowzer is, only half though and four thirds as much fun as yoshi.

I am in huntsville now. I live on campus so someone say something and we can hang out. will do melee brawl and ssiv and some mvc2

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Oh, I forgot to mention that someone left their Green UAB backpack with something of value at the store. Identify the bag's contents in a PM to me, and I'll make sure it gets to you.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ma old *** Kola going to tournaments, getting top 5

wordddddddddd
Yarrr

I'm going to attempt representing top 3 soon. Wewtage

Oh, I forgot to mention that someone left their Green UAB backpack with something of value at the store. Identify the bag's contents in a PM to me, and I'll make sure it gets to you.
Sending you a pm. found the person who lost it xD

Top Bottom