• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mortal Kombat 9

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Looks interesting. Here's a walkthrough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klYNOJbQ2UI

My thoughts:

-I think tag should be standard tournament rules. The assists add more depth and depth=good
-The combos look much too short, I'd like to see more depth to them
-Furthermore there is a "Breaker" system, which allows people to get out of combos. (The combos are already short, so I don't see the point of this. Hopefully the combos will end up being longer than what has been shown lately.)
-The graphics are unlike anything I've ever seen in a fighting game (good, but I'd still rather have them focus on the gameplay)

blah blah blah discuss....

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting this no matter what, I've always been a Mortal Kombat fan and I want to do my part and give them a sale. I think it looks awesome, graphics and gameplay, and I'm sure the combos won't disappoint. I'm glad they went back to a 2-D fighter system, I've never liked circling that much

Rikana

Smash Champion
Bump for hype. TWO MORE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!

I'm so hyped for this game.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Is this really the only MK9 thread we have? Well whatever.

-I think tag should be standard tournament rules. The assists add more depth and depth=good
I'm not so sure about this. I think there could probably be singles and doubles tournaments for the game.

I wonder what EVO will do. That'll probably be the tournament standard, at least at first.

-The graphics are unlike anything I've ever seen in a fighting game (good, but I'd still rather have them focus on the gameplay)
You've never seen an Unreal 3 engine game before? Cause they used the same engine in MK vs DC.

Anyway, the game looks more interesting than the past few MK games. I doubt I'll pick it up, but I know a close friend of mine will so I'll probably play it quite a bit at his house.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Ohhh, looky here.

I'm seriously going to try to get into this. It looks wonky like MK but not ******** like most MKs.

I'm gonna main Kratos, until they add a 360 exclusive and then they auto-ban him at tournies, then I'll play Reptile or Kintaro I guess.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I'm getting this no matter what, I've always been a Mortal Kombat fan and I want to do my part and give them a sale. I think it looks awesome, graphics and gameplay, and I'm sure the combos won't disappoint. I'm glad they went back to a 2-D fighter system, I've never liked circling that much
^ Same here.

I'm probably going to main Johnny Cage or Rain.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Probably as DLC though.

I pre-ordered it at Amazon so I get Reptile's classic skin.

I really have no concern about tournament rules or any of that.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Sector and CyRax main here xD. I'm glad they are bringing the 2D fighting system back as well, MK was pretty trash to me after MKT for PS1. This looks promising though :)

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'm interested in their tag mode. too bad I have a feeling it will only be a side event like 2v2 for smash. imma try to get good at this game.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
They still make MK games? I thought they stopped after MK vs DC or something...

Though I am interested in it. I love using Sub-Zero and Lui Kang and I haven't played an MK game in like years

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
To have PS3 owners who love God Of War flock to the game like a moth to a flame u can say the same thing about him in Soul Caliber Broken Destiny.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Kratos fits in so well in an MK environment though.. except the fact that you can do a Fatality on Kratos. I can't picture that.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Can't freaking wait, one of my friends is pre ordering it at Walmart and we're trading classic skins, Mileena for Scorpion.

Let the **** begin April 19th

I'm also interested in how human Smoke will play..

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone else think that some of the images of Mileena in that pic look like Psylocke?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Well, paid and preordered this game at Best Buy. So does the classic costume and xbox costumes come inthe game or something when you preorder?

Rikana

Smash Champion
People already have access to the game. Talk about broken street dates.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Cant wait for this game, maining kabal and smoke just like when i was 8 playing umk3 **** YEA

Rikana

Smash Champion
Maining Smoke as well just because it reminds me of Akuma (with the smoke teleports and dive kick and since I main Akuma in SSF4). Dunno who to have as my tag partner.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Well, paid and preordered this game at Best Buy. So does the classic costume and xbox costumes come inthe game or something when you preorder?
Best Buy nets you Sub Zero's classic costume and fatality. The game brings a code for you to redeem this content.

It's been said that all of the classic costumes that are to be pre ordered are eventually unlocked in the krypt, and I'm assuming along with the corresponding classic fatalities.

Next week can't come any sooner.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Shame theres
no friendships in this games, instead (well done) babalties
But still looks like a great game!

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Someone spoiled the story mode and a few fatalities already this is too good.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I guess he just transferred what he was familiar with in UMK3. They say it does help you learn but the timing is different for many things now.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
If any of guys getting this game on the PS3, try the stage fatality on the god of war stage, there is a cool option of killing people.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Gonna go to best buy right after I finish my exam on wednesday. So hyped!!!

Top Bottom