• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Each Ganon's personal MU-ratio 2010 - (Finished)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
~ Each Ganon's personal MU-ratio 2010 - (Finished) ~

We'll go through one character at a time, and one only.
This will make it easier to follow.

(Only ppl who main or second Ganon may share their ratios)
(If you don't have experience in a match-up - Don't share.)

You are also allowed to leave a short (short) comment if you feel like.
But, if you just wanna share your ratio, that's ok.

How we roll:
Quote and UN-QUOTE the previous poster's post, add you personal ratio, then post.

(Old tier-list)
Meta Knight
Snake
Diddy Kong
Wario
Falco
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth
R.O.B.
Lucario
Olimar
Pikachu
Kirby
Donkey Kong
Ice Climbers
Zero Suit Samus
Toon Link
Pit
Peach
Wolf
Luigi
Zelda
Bowser
Fox
Sheik
Ike
Mario
Lucas
Ness
Samus
Sonic
Pokémon Trainer
Yoshi
Link
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

Example:
:ganondorf: - :metaknight:
*Z1gma wrote*
Z1gma: 50-50
Comment: *Didn't leave a comment*

*Bahamut copies & writes*

Bahamut: 60-40
Comment: MK ghey.

*PK-ow! copies & writes*

PK-ow!: 55-45
Comment: This match-up isn't that bad.
Both characters have thier own unique advantages here.

*Kalm copies & writes*

PK-ow!: 55-45
Comment: This match-up isn't that bad.
Both characters have thier own unique advantages here.

Ray Kalm: 70-30
Comment: If we grab him it's pretty much Auto Win.

...And so on.
^ Follow this example.

It is everyone's job to keep the list "clean".

(If something in the example is confusing, let me know ASAP.)

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

The ratios:

:ganondorf: Vs :metaknight:

Z1GMA: 10-90
Comment: He shuts us down and gimps us entirely with his quick and disjointed hitboxes.

Ray Kalm: 0-100
Comment: Tornado properly spaced is impossible to punish. It can avoid getting hit by Ganon's high priority moves.

Bahamut777: 25-75
Comment: Like many others, we have many options with MK, but we have a very hard time on actually landing them.

Terodactyl Yelnats: 10-90
Comment: MK's fair to impossible to punish if spaced and fastfalled from a short hop. You are relying on baits and punishes to even stand a chance. Offstage, the MK can be mediocre and still properly gimp you without much trouble.

Red8: 13-87
Comment: I hate to stray away from the 5 or 0 ending, but I don't feel like its as bad 10 but not as good as 15 or 20. He owns us but we can kill super early if we get a hold of him. I wanna say after you get him upwards of 60-80% the matchup (which shouldn't be too difficult if you can get a hold of him) becomes a lot less stressful.

Breezy: 20-80
Comment: We're outspaced, out prioritized, and all around beat. The only thing that makes this MU possible is that if can land that first hit, we can proceed to string with 4 or 5 hits that could easily result in death for the mk.

Vermanubis: 10:90
Comment: The biggest issue is his ability to get us offstage and gimp us effortlessly. Once offstage, we'll rarely be come back. Almost every mistake you make can be punished by an unpunishable 'nado and he pretty much outdoes anything you can do. He's also incredible quick, to the point where we can't get off the **** train once on; we simply don't have the frame necessities. He can combo us harder than most as well as punish and gimp. Only thing keeping this from 100:0 is the fact that we can kill MK early with nasty Gerudo tricks, and the fact that he cannot kill, non-gimping, below at least 120%.

ScaryLB59: 15-85
Our Dtilt is actually very good on this MU. MK's damage output alone drives Ganon absolutely crazy. It's really all a matter of fighting to get the first stock.

DLA: 0-100
Think of the gayest MK you've ever fought, no matter how bad he is. Now take away all of the spacing errors and poor move choices, and apply his playstyle to the best MK player you've fought. THAT's the true face of this matchup. However, you will very rarely meet many MK's that you go 0-100 with, because most good players won't play this gay against you (because they probably won't need to). But the fact is that MK has tactics that makes winning nearly impossible for Ganondorf, whether players choose to utilize them or not.

Exalted: 10-90
Our only hope is our Gerudo shenanigans as he can slice 'n' dice you 'til no end if you let that **** device known as Galaxia get anywhere near you. Off-stage is just a joke.

the king of murder: 10-90
Meta Knight ***** us Offstage. His attacks have little to no lag are and are therefore, not impossible, but extremely difficult to punish. Our best chance is to capitalize of big mistakes on MKs part and find some little openings to wreck his ***. Nado' is not as gay as I thought, you can block it with Nair

Doomfire: 15 - 85
Everything gets punished by Nado, we donth ave to priority blabla what the other guys said. Get the lead first or you already lost the game.

Supreme Dirt: 25 - 75
I probably overestimate this, I tend to do that with characters that don't have projectiles. Nado is annoying, but I don't see it as much of a problem. We can Nair through it. We kill him in 3-4 hits on average, he's really light.

Average: 12.61 - 87.39

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :snake:

Z1GMA: 20 - 80
Comment: He can pressure us with Jab/Ftilt-cancel -> repeat without putting himself in too much danger.
Or Jab/Ftilt-cancel -> Grab, if he wants to.
His grenades prevent our Gerudo Shenanigans.
If he catches us with a grab (He will through out the whole match), he can Grabrelease -> Regrab like there's no tomorrow, and then gay us over at the ledge for a easy gimp or KO.
Once we're off stage with RCO-lag, a skilled Snake can lock us down entirely.
If we can get the hold of Snake, we can deal a lot of damage in one sweep.

Tonsana: 25 - 75
Comment: Snake can camp you all day with grenades, and up close he wins with his powerfull jabs and tilts. His grab may be one of the best tools to use against Ganon. Dthrow puts Ganon in a horrible position and can lead into a free utilt or simply more damage. Putting traps all over the place helps him trap ganon and make Ganons options few. Snake may be one of the better MUs in the top tier, but that doesnt make him easy.

Bahamut: 35-65
Comment: I can't sum it all up in a few lines, but once you get the hang over granades, this MU becomes playable, with just FTilt and traps to watch for.

Ray Kalm: 15-85
Grenades are hard to deal with. Snake's Dthrow has the same function as chainchoking in this match-up. Up close, Ganon shouldn't really be hitting a good Snake, unless the Snake dodges randomly a lot. Overall, Snake inflicts more damage, kills you easier, lives longer, has more range, has larger hitboxes, and is harder to hit than vice-versa.

Vermanubis: 20-80
Snake is basically Ganon, except he has a broken recovery, is twice as heavy, twice the range, around the same damage inflicted, disjoint and a strong camping game. But the one thing people overlook in this match-up is the fact that Snake is fairly slow, so Ganon doesn't have to worry about being overwhelmed,. Plus the fact that if you get past the grenades, Ganon can approach a little bit. You also don't pay hell for mistakes, though, you still pay big-time.

The ratio largely depends on who can get a strong lead first. If you get a strong lead on Snake, you have an amazing chance, though, with his MASSIVE damage-dealing, you can lose it easily. But if he gets the lead... good luck taking it back from him. Basically, the good is that he's easier to approach than most and can be combo'd hard. But he's extremely tough to hit in the air with momentum-reversals, almost never dies due to move staling, takes leads easily and keeps them strongly.

Terodactyl Yelnats: 25-75
We have all the tools needed to make the match-up with Snake playable, it's only that he has all the tools to make him very hard to deal with. Grenades aren't too hard to deal with with Match-up experience but they are a nuisance. His tech chase absolutely ***** us, he can crouch and crawl forward to dodge our get up attack and grab us where ever we roll. Our dair is very good when retreating and punishing those ftilts. Too bad Snake is just a better ganondorf.

Abyss: 25-75

Grenades dont seem to bother me a lot, although ive never really fought a good snake mainer. i ps his dsmash when he uses it, and dtilt and dair seem to work as the best moves for me. and i really hate his up smash, idk how to counter it at all, if he spams it. There isnt really any safe way back on the stage if ur on the ledge unless there's platforms to land on. he also has time for down b if u misstime a airdodge when landing.

DLA: 10-90

At his gayest, a campy Snake will stay incredibly safe from Ganon, due to his ability to punish Ganon's silly approach attempts with his obscene tilt and grab range. Though I would like to note that this matchup will climb to 35-65 or maybe even 40-60 if the Snake is aggressive. Once Ganon gets inside, he wrecks Snake. Thankfully, this doesn't happen often if the Snake is good at camping really hard.

SMASHKNG: 30-70

Learn this MU or it is easily 90/10 Snake. Don't get grabbed, stay away from his tilt range (IDK if Ganon's Dtilt can punish his Ftilt OoS but don't try to shield grab it), Gerudo or Wizard Kick as soon as you see him pull out Grenades and you're close enough to hit him with those moves, he is vulnerable to hits for like half a second. Jump over Grenades if he is camping with them. I think that our short hop jumps over his Ftilt, but I'm not sure. If you wait a slight while you can hit Snake with an AC SH Bair. Get him to the air, that's where we can **** Snake with Uairs and baits. Don't Jab out of Gerudo if he has a Grenade close, try tech-chasing instead. FoG allows us to punish high recovering Snakes, also with Uairs or baits to Fair if he air dodges, but don't feel yourself safe offstage. His Bair is actually very good at gimping Ganon, but he has absolutely nothing to even try to hit us out of Up b unless it's tech jumping it. And Gerudo offstage if he Mortar Slides or pulls out Grenades when we're offstage.

A2ZOMG: 30-70

A pretty lousy matchup, but I feel sometimes Snake players don't always know when the best time is to attack or defend, and Ganondorf usually can punish Snake fairly hard for overcommiting to either incorrectly. That is why I feel the matchup isn't an 20/80 or worse. But regardless it is very clearly out of Ganon's favor when he needs to approach a character who has gigantic and fairly hard to punish tilts that do massive damage. And Snake doesn't really need to worry about having a hard time killing or gimping Ganon. On the flip side Snake can sorta lose a stock quickly against Ganon if he makes a mistake and the Ganon keeps up the pressure on Snake's limited ledge options, recovery options, and air to ground options.

Average: 23.5 - 76.5

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :diddy:

Ray Kalm: 05:95
Comment: A properly utilized Banana should make this near impossible for Ganon. Diddy also survives Ganon's blow for quite a bit compared to other light weights.

Vermanubis: 25:75
Comment: Not at all good, but not horrible either. Even one banana on Diddy's end can put a quick 40% on Ganon. Not to mention this MU has to be played so differently than most. A lot of Ganon's moves are nonviable, due to the fact that he'll RARELY be doing any damage on the ground save for DAirs and dtilts (Gerudo not included). One banana might as well me a giant wall, and with his extremely high priority and multi-hit moves, he can pressure your shield a lot.

Like Kalm said, Diddy lives a while, too, as he can both get back onstage very reliably. But the main reason he never dies is because most of your moves become stale, since only a small handful are usable. Despite all this though, Ganon has that one nasty trick on Diddy that, if successful, can take a stock at 70% or below. Yes, I speak of the infamous banan glidetoss. If buffered correctly, an fsmash is guaranteed.

Basically, it's like Snake; it's a moment battle. When either side gains or loses momentum, they come to a screeching halt. Although Diddy gains momentum, with more benefits, than Ganon altogether.

DLA: 20-80

Verm pretty much covered most of it, though I have a few more things to add. Diddy's pretty easy to gimp IMO, and he's not a huge threat offstage either. The biggest thing to watch out for is getting spiked by the jetpack; good Diddies will try to do this since you recover low and almost directly under the stage. Also, Ganon needs to watch out for what I call "banana vision." Meaning, once you have a banana, you focus too hard on getting a Gerudo in. Ganon only has 2 options while holding a banana: throw the banana, or use a B move (usually gerudo). In order to make this matchup work, Ganon needs to learn how to be a threat when throwing bananas, because he's one of the best characters at punishing trips. If you're good at the first option, then the second option (Gerudo) will come more easily, because your opponent has 2 options to be afraid of instead of 1. Then you can glide toss Fsmash.

Supreme Dirt: 0-100

We don't stand a chance. He's fast, and has bananas. If we grab the banana, we're limited to specials, throwing, and FSmash, which limits us completely.
Our only hope is controlling the bananas, which a good Diddy won't let us do. Completely unwinnable against a good Diddy.

Fonz: 45:55 maybe 40-60
Comment: Yes I truly believe this ratio..I have played ADHD in a $5 MM and I took a game, but he is just a better player then me.

Average: 19 - 81

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :ganondorf:

Z1GMA: 55 - 45
Comment: Ganon has a strong defense againt our laggy attacks.
But if we can bait him or make him approach, we can punish him like there's no tomorrow.

Supreme Dirt: 10:90

We're slow, which is a pain. Very laggy as well. Ganondorf can easily punish everything we do. Not to mention he kills us at about 100% or so. This is a really, really bad matchup. If we hit with Up-B, he can UAir us. If we're recovering, watch the hell out, because he'll gimp you with a powerful second or so of cinematic hitlag. Not to mention he can gimp us off the top if we're somehow recovering up high.
Now, Ganon can't approach us. He has no approach whatsoever against our moveset. Use this to your advantage. Force him to approach and punish the hell out of him.
Bad, but not unwinnable.

Bahamut: 100-100
When I play this, I usualy lose because I'm laughing way too much with crowd yells due to the most epic match possible within Brawl.
Seriously talking. I can't ratio a ditto. But we're Ganon. We'll lose. 45-55.[/QUOTE]

Exalted: - :ganondorf: : :ganondorf: (50:50)
Comment: Time to fight fire with fire. Punish his Dair with your Dair, counter his Wizkick with your Wizkick, but most importantly, shield his grab!

A2ZOMG: EPIC-WIN (50:50)
I personally find the Ganon ditto to be one of the most fun and balanced matchups in the game. Ganon doesn't destroy himself in any one category except recovery. This is a matchup that can be successfully played either offensively or defensively for the most part, since regardless of the situation in this matchup, you have the tools to punish pretty much anything Ganondorf does. Reads and spot on edgeguards ultimately determine who wins the matchup. Baits and counter-baits are critical, but I don't believe that this a fundamentally defensive matchup.

DLA: 0 - 0
Neither side can win. Every time you play a Ganon ditto, the universe explodes.

Breezy: 30-70
We're Ganon, we lose everything.

Terodactyl Yelnats: Random (50:50)
Ganon dittos are lol at choosing the better player.

Tonsana: 40-60
Whoever gets the other player of the stage first wins. Bait laggy moves and punish. Space and mindgame his ***!

Average: 42.7 - 57.3

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :wario:

Z1GMA: 30 - 70 (40 - 60 on FD)
Comment: Both characters have grab-shenanigans on the other.
However, Wario is more likely to grab you than vice versa.
Ganon is more dangerous when actually getting the grab, though.
We don't have any garantueed Gerudo Follow-ups on him except the Quake.
Wario can position himself for garantueed bites after like every other attack he lands upon us.
His aerial mobility makes it really hard to punish him.

Ray Kalm: 40-60
Comment: Full hop NAir can break many of his approaches (video example), Ganon should dodge and stall more often than be aggressive, it'll be very hard for Wario to hit us. While it is hard to grab him, it still is possible, and once we do, it'll usually result in heavy damage or a kill. Also, a grab at 0 % combos into a UAir > regrab > something else. I honestly don't find this match-up that bad at all. Ganon just has to play highly defensive in this MU.

Comment: Kalm summed up almost everything. The worst thing in this MU is the annoying DAir shield pokes -> UAirs. It's a pain in the *** and I think it's almost unavoidable if your shield isn't at maximum.

A2ZOMG: 40-60
This is entirely a winnable matchup for Ganon, and I wish I had replays of my offline attempts at this matchup. Ganondorf actually has the tools to wall the hell out of Wario, and there is almost nothing Wario can do that will significantly punish N-air or U-air walls. Hell, you can spam reverse U-air all day and Wario actually has trouble approaching past it since it beats ALL his approaches, air or ground. By already removing most of Wario's advantages in reliably getting in for free with clever vertical spacing, he has to work a lot in order to kill you, while you getting the kill is only a matter of him getting grabbed at 80%, which isn't as unrealistic as it sounds as Ganon actually stands a good chance of getting the lead in the matchup due to Wario's lack of ways to safely approach him. Furthermore a well-placed F-tilt at high percents can put Wario in a position where Ganon can gimp him easily due to Wario's bad vertical recovery options.

Honestly this matchup could be closer, except you get punished HARD for losing the lead, since approaching Wario on the other hand is anything but fun and easy. And his chaingrab, while not necessarily the most important factor in this matchup (by far much less important than your grab release kill on him), is still a threat that you can't ignore.

DLA: 20-80

TBH, it sounds to me like you guys just don't fight enough good Warios offline. If I'm not mistaken, Wario has the fastest horizontal air speed in the game. You really think good Warios can't punish whiffed Nairs or Uairs? It may require some good timing, but once Wario gets inside, Ganon gets destroyed. Bite wrecks Ganon in this matchup, since you're going to be depending on your shield so much in this matchup just to try to shield Wario's ******** multi-hit moves.

Also, I'm not sure why you guys are underestimating Wario's chaingrab. It's 0-90%, if I remember correctly. That's almost as ******** as Pika's CG on spacies. Ganon's grab release Fsmash only does 26-30%, and it's a hell of a lot harder for Ganon to land a grab.

The only things Ganon has going for him in this matchup is the grab release shenanigans, and the fact that Wario doesn't have anything that directly shuts down Ganon's game. Other than that, Wario completely dominates Ganon in every aspect of the matchup... including killing power. So yeah, this is a pretty ridiculously bad matchup for Ganon, but not among his worst.

fonsi21: 50 - 50

Average: 35.83 - 64.17

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :falco:

Z1GMA: 0 - 100
Comment: Lasers, lasers and more lasers - They lock us down completely.
Falco can chaingrab us + additional attack for like 70% damage.
His Jab Game is also a pain for Ganon.
There's really no way to consistantly punish his Phantazm on stage

Exalted: 5 - 95
Comment: As Z1GMA said, lasers are our biggest enemy in this matchup as we have no way of getting through them. His speed and good grab and jab game against Ganon makes him a ***** to KO. We have a slight chance of getting something going if we land a Gerudo, and his fast falling speed makes him somewhat susceptible to strings.

the king of murder: 5-95
Comment: If it wasn't for his lasers, this MU wouldn't be so gay for Ganon since his camping game wouldn't be as good. He has an annoying chaingrab, his tilt game can lead to combos and his ability to pressure us is incredibly high. But there is a chance of winning this. Falco has a poor recovery and can be gimped by Ganon. Once the oppurtunity shows we have to use it. Our best move in this MU is Uair since it's our fastest and best gimp move. So we have to predict, punish and get him offstage.

Supreme Dirt: 0-100
Lazors of death. Sure he has no kill power, but that ceases to be a problem at 200%.

SMASHKNG: 10-90
Comment: Lasers and jabs destroys us in this MU, it's annoying that Wizard Kick doesn't beat them, even if you can PS consistently we have nothing fast enough to punish it, you can only predict his follow-ups with it, but if you make amazing reads it's not over, but they have to be really, really, really precise with predicting Illusions. Also chain spike can kill us. Anyway this MU sucks and is definitely at least our 2nd worst MU after IC.

Vermanubis: 5-95
Comment: Falco can force a lot of bad habits out of a Ganon. A lot like Snake, or any character with jabs, Falco can force rolls out of you and follow-up on them because your only option is to roll, and due to Ganon's speed, he's left pretty much helpless. Then we have lasers; tied with chainspike for his best tool against Ganon. Lasers destroy every one of our approaches and makes it so Falco can easily follow-up for kills and make set-ups in general. Then he can just phantasm away when you're close. Then we have the chainspike. Unless you let Falco laser you to 45%, you run a high risk of getting grab and killed. I've tested DIing and meteor cancel/teching, and they only work when the Falco does a spike close to the stage.

Then another problem arises with Falco being smart and just not lasering you at all so you're within grab percents. Overall, his priority and range shut down most tools we have and out speed really shows how it hurts us in this one. The part is that his recovery is pretty easy to gimp and he's not very hard to kill.

Comment: Falco is horrible. You can't even touch him without a good read or prediction. Falco's speed is amazing, he has the fastest spotdodge and a 2 frame jab, his lasers autocancel at any time, his sideB is reliably fast against Ganon and his best aerials have little start up and landing lag.

Against the chainspike, try to SDI onto the stage and tech it. If Falco goes offstage from the dair then you can go for tipmans for a cool gimp. Offstage when he's recovering with SideB, our lingering nair ***** him and sets up for a uair. If he tries to airdodge then you can simply edgehog. Good luck getting him offstage though.

Ray Kalm: 05:95
Comment: Lazers block all Ganon's approaches, slow jumps, and even shield and rolls. There's nothing you can do about them. Your best bet would be to constantly slowly shield your way towards him with no rolls or jump WHATSOEVER. This way you can't be punished for mistakes (Falco's predicaments), and suffer low lazer damage. Just know when he will phantom and react accordingly. But, a Falco who knows what he/she is doing will never lose to a Ganon.

fonzi21 : 25:75
Comment: Certain things before detail. but if he tries to Jab >Grab you can spot dodge the grab everytime. THE CHAINGRAB TO SPIKE WILL NEVER KILL YOU EVER EVER EVER. You can simply jump and Up+B on the stage everytime. Lasers are easily PS'ed, if you can't PS them then you need to learn to. Bad falco's will laser a lot, and that's what gets them punished. Ask Larry he says Falco's laser to much. You need to JAB A LOT in this MU. Use the grounded Wizkick offstage to knock falco out of his Side-B to gimp him. especially if they like to do the drop below the stage jump side-B stupidness that ='s easy Wizkicks or ledgegrab edgeguards. Just WALK at Falco and PS his lasers until you get to that Sweep Distance.

A2ZOMG: 20/80
Comment: Falco is gay. His safe camp game ensures it. Basically all you can do in this match is hope he makes a dumb mistake when you get into midrange and make sure he suffers each time he makes a mistake. Gimping him is fun when applicable. For the most part though he can just sit back and camp you into oblivion and there is nothing you can do to punish it unless he tries unnecessarily hard to kill you.

Average: 8.5 - 91.5

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :dedede:

Comment: If it weren't for D3's Chaingrab, this match would be more like 40:60.
We have a lot going for us against him.
His Waddle Dees are very easy to powershield -> iDA.
Same goes for his Ftilt: Powershield -> iDA.

A D3-player who's good with Inhale is annoying.
Inhale is the only tool D3 has that can stop our momentum when we're juggling him.

D3 also kill us earlier than vice versa, for the most part.

Ray Kalm: 25:75
Comment: Disagreeing with Z1gma, Dedede's waddle dees are easy to powershield, but very unpredictable due to how Ganon is suppose to play in this match-up. You'll have the threat of being grabbed repeatedly, so waddle dees become more of a menace when you try to avoid them.

If it weren't for his waddle dees, Ganon would be able to lure Dedede into a lot of stuff.

A2ZOMG: 35/65
Comment: A gay and bad matchup, but Ganon has more tools in this matchup than others.

Getting chaingrabbed sucks, that's not new for Ganon. After you get chaingrabbed chances are you're in a 50/50 situation that determines whether or not you get gimped, so being able to read how DDD will edgeguard you is important.

Comment: I'm confused as to where some people are getting such good MU ratios. D3 literally has to nothing but shield and grab to win this MU. Even if you're careful as hell, one mistake spells getting CGed and/or gimped. He can kill you about 50x easier than you can kill him, and virtually nothing Ganon does is safe at all. The only good thing about this MU is that D3 can't overwhelm Ganon with speed. But he can wall, camp, gimp, kill and stall with ease. We can juggle him, sure, but that's about it.

Though, a lot like Snake, it is true that the MU becomes much easier when Ganon has a lead. But he needs a very, very strong lead. Like a full stock.

Tonsana: 20 -80
Bairs and cahingrabs will kill you. Good luck.

DLA: 10 - 90
Don't get grabbed. If you do, don't get gimped. I agree with Kalm on the idea of only spamming A once you get grabbed, because it covers all of the options when DDD does a mix-up/trip/misses the CG. Also, try to wizkick spike their recovery from on the stage, Albert L (aka Vex Kasrani) style. Even if they DI the right way and survive, it sets up a nice tech chase opportunity. Though I think they might punish you if they tech the stage straight up--not sure.

Average: 20 - 80

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :gw:

Z1GMA: 25 - 75
Comment: G&W's aerials are a pain, and all his smashes can kill REALLY early.
Ganon must time his aerials really well and with precision to counter.
A well timed Fair can rock G&W, and set him up for you to land-chase.
Gerudo-pivoting works really well if he's trying to "key" us.

G&W is very difficult for Ganon to do anything against. G&W out vertical spaces Ganon extremely well with fullhopped aerials, shield pokes him easily, juggles him to high damage very fast, and has a lot of options for either gimping or KOing Ganon very early. He's also much harder for Ganon to juggle than other characters and has a better closeup game. On a fundamental level he has all the tools (besides a chaingrab) to destroy Ganon.

Terodactyl Yelnats: 20 - 80
Comment: Don't DI up unless he's going to fair, he'll just kill you earlier with fsmash, dsmash and dair. G&W's nair makes me rageface, Ganon can't do anything to him from above safely. If he's bair'ing, SDI up and towards G&W and deliver a fair or nair to his face.

He shield pokes you with dtilt and bair a lot. Do the A2Zomg and position your shield down and towards him for dtilt's and sh bairs.

Vermanubis: 20:80
Comment: G&W is really tough, and if not for his extremely light weight, it'd be much worse. Everything he does outspaces you, he's impossible to gimp, he can kill you with relative ease, and his juggles are the absolute worst. He doesn't have anything that truly cripples Ganon, but he is just overall bad for him.

Average: 21.25 - 78.75

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :marth:

Comment: We can't really do much to Marth if he knows how to deal with Ganon properly.
He can wall us all days long with SH Fairs.
We are forced to PS -> Uair OoS / iDA.

And, no garantueed Gerudo Follow-ups on most stages, doesn't make it any easier.
His Fair out of our Up+B is truly annoying, and even Sweet Spot at times.
Marth's Recovery in mediocre, but we won't get him off stage too often for a gimp, sadly.

Supreme Dirt: 10 - 90
Hard, but not unwinnable. Our OoS options are really the only thing we have going for us in this matchup, and those are pretty terrible except UAir. Make sure to time your Stomps on his recovery so you trade hits. Shield all of dancing blade, you CAN'T shield grab during it afaik. If he does use Dancing blade, be sure to shield grab, as unless he uses the downwards variant we can shieldgrab him pretty much guaranteed.
Watch out for shield breaker, as Marth can get away with it on us.

Bahamut: 20 - 80
If Marth spaces himself the right way (which almost every Marth should be able to do constantly), there are no options left. Only our poor OoS. Lack of Gerudo FUs are really frustrating. All we can do is the gimping offstage to his not so grat recovery. Just be aware to not get stage spiked by UpB.

A2ZOMG: 25 - 75
For the most part, you only have to worry about this matchup being really terrible if you're going against a high level Marth user who understands how this matchup works. But aside from that Marth easily has the tools to bait and shut down Ganon's approaches, and can also safely pressure Ganon. He usually kills or edgeguards Ganon a lot more easily than the other way around. A less experienced Marth who makes punishable spacing mistakes can suffer offstage or when being juggled, and CPing him to strange stages can be worthwhile, but the lack of reliable choke combos on him is unfortunate.

Vermanubis: 25 - 75
Comment: Marth would be a lot worse, but like G&W, he just doesn't have anything that specifically cripples Ganon. He has every tool in the world to shut Ganon down, but with enough MU experience and skill it can be pulled off. Marth can pressure Ganon EXTREMELY easily for NAirs and dancing blades. He doesn't have too hard a time killing you, since he always has edgeguarding as an easy option. To boot, he just plain outranges, outspeeds and outbaits us with relative ease. But without any ******** gimmicks, he's manageable.

Wizkick is good in this MU, since it's a great punisher for SHed aerials. The main thing to look out for is Marth's massive ability to bait you, punish you and pressure you. Aside from this, he goes down pretty early and, with good DI, you can survive a good while.

DLA: 30 - 70
You MUST play dynamically in this matchup. If you play this matchup safely, you will get destroyed. The safest option often won't be the best option. You need to be absolutely ruthless--edgeguard as mercilessly as you can, because it's very effective in this matchup if you're good at it. Ftilt also wrecks Marth if his spacing is even slightly off. Wizkick is extremely effective in this matchup too--more so than any other matchup IMO. This is one of my favorite matchups in the game because it's very easy to kill Marth early, but only if you're confident enough to deal with Marth's spacing BS.

PK-ow!: [none given]
Spam roll. Marth has to do somewhat stupid stuff to punish you out of it, and it may trip up Marth's timing for some of these. Remember that a blocked ground normal or DB is punishment or mixup, except dtilt. If you can make Marth jump for something, you can try to anti-air. If you can make him use DB on roll, you can shield instead. If you make him turn and attack, you can Fsmash. Easy for you, forces him to think. It will clear out a ton of amateur Marths. He switches it up to grabbing and NAirs mostly, but FAirs oppressively. Grabs and NAirs can be fought, though.
Don't get hit by dtilt. Don't run. Don't dodge. Tripping into Fsmash is bad.
Recover low. Make him represent that DAir spike, 'cause it's the only way he's going to make a mistake. Ganoncide at every opportunity before the last stock.
Please abuse Marth's that haven't studied recovery. Amateur Marths don't recover.
Your Dash Attack mostly sucks. Your Wizkick is unsafe on hit early. Aerudo is better than Choke.

0-0. Ganon loses, but Marth is emasculated for having to give his all to overcome the manliness with his tiara.

What do you guys think of Uair and Bair v Marth? Could one of them be saved for a kill in a whiff punishment situation (or surprise when playing around Skull Crush Punch)? They apply so rarely, and Marth is light enough...

Average: 21.6 - 88.4

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :rob:

Comment: I really hate fighting a good (good = campy) ROB.
His grab-game is a pain, and if he's good at taking advantage of our RCO-lag,
we'll have a hard time getting back on stage.
Good thing our Gerudo-game ***** him.
Also, Gerudo -> Dsmash is garantueed on some stages.

Bahamut: 30 - 70
Comment: What's worst about ROB is his spacing set of tools. BAir, NAir and FAir are a pain to deal with and can't be punished on block if spaced right. Also, his camp game is indeed very boring, however, very manageable. Gerudo ****** and his recovery (if recovering low) are what makes thiw MU very manageable while still hard.

A2ZOMG: 25 - 75
A low level ROB player can toy with Ganon very easily. His superior tilts and MUCH better grabs not to mention the occasional projectile make this character very frustrating to approach. Think how hard it is for Zangief (or T Hawk) to ever get close to Dhalsim. That's basically the Ganon vs ROB matchup right there. However although it's still a horrible matchup, there are a few things that you are allowed to do once you learn to powershield ROB's projectiles and slower aerials (and please please please learn to angle shield down against the inevitable down-smash). You can definitely take a stock off ROB very quickly if you're ever allowed to get in control (via Flame Choke or setting up a juggle/edgeguard). The main problem is a good ROB will of course make it very hard for you to ever do that.

DLA: 30 - 70
Not entirely sure what to think about this MU, honestly... it's hard for ROB to camp you if you stay midrange--too close to camp, but out of range of his tilts. If you know ROB's going to Bair or Nair you, don't try to beat it out... you'll lose most of the time. Once you get inside, doing Ganon stuff is pretty easy. If you're getting gimped, try to start your recovery below ROB and try to DJ Uair him once he comes after you... it will often beat him out and you'll get a free recovery. Also, two things I've noticed over the past few days: Nair completely beats out Gyro, so if you think he's gonna try to gimp you with gyro, just throw out an Nair and you'll go through it. Unfortunately this isn't that useful on the ground since it's a lot easier to shield. Also, if the ROB has a gyro in his hand and you think he's going to glide toss it at you and try to Dsmash or something, try to stomp the gyro while it's in the air--you won't get hit by it, and the hitbox will be extended long enough for ROB to slide right into your Dair.

Average: 26.25 - 73.75

:ganondorf: Vs :lucario:

A2ZOMG: 35-65
This is a very very annoying matchup but Ganon has just enough tools that winning isn't out of the question. Lucario poses fairly little offensive threat, and is honestly an overrated character. His pokes are generally not impressive in terms of speed and hitbox. His best hitboxes are on walls, but you never have to get hit by his walls if you want to play extremely gay. His other best offensive tool is his forward roll, which you can destroy with retreat D-airs while he doesn't really have any truly fast options that can punish that. Oh and his recovery sucks. Edgehog, ledgehop airdodge, and F-smash that ****. Generally speaking never approach him "unnecessarily", bait the forward roll a lot, and condition him into playing into your game, where he's on the defensive, and his wrong moves will be punished if read.

Terodactyl Yelnats: 40-60
Aside from Ganon vs Lucario matches taking seven minutes to finish, we don't do too bad against Lucario. In fact he's personally one of my most comfortable match-ups. Aura spheres are easy to powershield consistently and don't scare Ganons that much unless we're offstage. Lucario's approaches are to be laughed at, it'll almost always be a SH fair or Forward roll. Ganon ***** both of them hard with uair and dair respectively.

Do what A2Z said and just hang on that ledge until he UpB's onto it. Double Jump Airdodge Fsmash his being out of existance. Our Uair also ***** his recovery anyway so offstage is a death trap for him.

DLA: 35-65
The worst part of this matchup is that Lucarios tend to be hard to punish onstage... just get them offstage and they're easy to edgeguard.

fonzi21: 30 - 70
Comment:
Everyone here is silly, Lucario is NOT easy to gimp unless you force him to UpB, if he has to Up B he needs to die, if not Good luck. Better Lucario's will just recover high against Ganon, because you really are no threat below me and your tipman is the only way to gimp me. Plus I can B-reversal in the Air to use the supreme distance of Bair to push you away. lucario has good options off the map. just a ****ty UpB

Lucario needs to die at around 80-100% if you get the first kill it's pretty much a win. and if you PS the Fsmash IDA is guaranteed.

Average: 35 - 65

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :olimar:

Z1GMA: 10 - 90
Comment: All of Olimar's attacks look the same, and most of 'em ***** us.
He has no problem killing us when it comes to Attack Power.
Though, Ganon can destroy Olimar if he gets inside.
And we're good at gimping him WHEN we get the opportunity.

DLA: 20 - 80
Likely even better. This matchup would be absolutely horrible if it wasn't for the fact that a top Ganon should be killing Oli at 50-70% for the majority of his stocks. Gerudo->Ftilt is BRUTAL in this matchup, it will kill at 50% or maybe even less if you land it anywhere near the edge. Always try Gerudo->Dsmash too, to see if they know how to DI out of it. It's almost impossible to land Gerudos if you're intimidated by Olimar's "sphere of influence" as I like to call it, or the area around Olimar that his hitboxes can reach. Just fight a lot of Olimars so that you can find the small windows of opportunity.

Also, getting Oli in the air is important, as that's where he's most vulnerable. And try especially hard not to get grabbed at very low percents if you can avoid it, or else he'll combo you to like 30-40%.

A2ZOMG: 25/75
On paper, Olimar is one of the best, if not the best character in the game at stopping poor approach options like those of Ganondorf's. If you have to go up against a top Olimar player who knows this matchup, I'd probably wager you would lose.

But at any rate, Olimar dies very very quickly if he ever lets you get in. Easy to juggle, easy to edgeguard, and Ganon also has a ridiculously strong Flame Choke game on him where every known option out of choke works extremely well. There isn't anything I can say to approach him besides well...tricking him. Wizkick over grabs if he starts to get too predictable with them. Save double jump shenanigans for critical moments. Under the assumption that in an actual match that even good players will eventually get tricked under the right circumstances, this matchup can be very interesting for Ganon.

Abyss: 0:100
comment: its pretty much impossible to properly apprach him, and he gets free 40% and more form dthrow follow-ups , he can bait with short hop up b so dont go after him if he does that, he can also avoid the scond dsmash hit, incase not everyone knew. on the ddd boards i found out that his grab makes a unique sound so its better to guard to approach and jump when u hear that or something.

Terodactyl Yelnats: 20:80
Comment: I never thought the Ganon Olimar match-up was a 100-0, that's only when it's wifi. We can do so much stuff to Olimar that can make him rage and so can he. First off, you have to figure out what his method of stopping your approaches are. Grabs are the easiest to counter since his grab can only get a grounded character, Wizkick and Aerudo take care of that easy. (Never Wizkick towards him if there's Pikmin on you, slows you down A LOT) C stick spam is also not that hard to take care of, Dsmash SHOULD be taken care of naturally since it's slow, you only need to watch out for fsmash and usmash. Both are beat by Dash attack but it could risk a shield grab, mix it up after the first or second time. Wizkick also clashes with Olimar's fsmash, SideB or Dash attack him out of it.

Getting a Gerudo is still a challenge, but you should still be able to land a few with good mindgames and spacing mix ups. Take a minute to rejoice and bask in the beauty of Olimar in Ganon's Gerudo, just not when you're the one playing Olimar is dead when you can get one gerudo and know how to properly apply it. It's all aboot the follow ups, don't tech chase him. It's the threat of Ganon's Ftilt, Dsmash and Dash Attack that are the best to use. Let's face it, after a couple of Gerudo ftilts to an edgehog, Olimars will realize it and try to DI it up, similar to the dsmash. Now this is the best part about getting the the Gerudo, DI'ing up for the gerudo will also make them stand up. Give them a special reward of Charged Fsmash. This is what I'm talking about in this Match up, will they get gimped by the Ftilt and get 35% from the fsmash?

Getting Oli in the air is more of a priority than getting the sideB off. Uair him, there's nothing he can do. It beat every one of his aerials. He tries to airdodge through it? No problem, just grab him after you land. Do the same for DownB unless he B reversals away.

One thing you should never do, I mean never do. It's never worth it. Never try to dair. :/

Bahamut:10-90
Comment: The worst problem is approaching in middle of a ton of pivot grabs, shield grabs, pikmin toss and likes. It's almost as impossible as Falco. When you approach him, you land one or two hits and then you're again in spacial disadvantage. If you can, however, score a Gerudo, then you can land FTilt to start the offstage game, which is our best option against Olimar, and DSmash, altho it's only useful one or two times. After that, you only use it to give nightmares to your opponent by punishing his "DI Up->Get Up". UAir is our best tool against an airborne or offstage Olimar. Also, I think Dash Attack can be very effective to take pikmin off you. DAir lags on pikmins that are on you, so you can, once in a while, try to mindgame him into grabbing you and then lag eternity on his head with a DAir.

We HAVE tools against him, but he's so safe we can't use them.

Average: 14.1 - 85.9

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :pikachu2:

Comment: His Chain Grab on us at low % is annoying and deals a lot of free damage.
Aside from that, we can challenge Pikachu's hand-to-hand Combat without too much trouble.
His Jolt Camping is really the only thing we have some problems with.
If he starts flying all over the place using Quick Attack... Well, his loss.

A2ZOMG: 25/75
Comment: Two things make this matchup bad for Ganon. Pikachu has a chaingrab on Ganon, and he's also a small target. The former honestly is old news which alone I would care little about, but the latter makes him a very annoyingly hard target to space against, especially when you consider his mobility. He's lightweight, which helps KO him assuming you can land Flame Chokes on him reliably, but he is very hard to edgeguard, and his 20/22 spotdodge is also very annoying for Ganon to deal with. Plus, he doesn't actually have too much trouble KOing Ganon through edgeguards.

DLA: 30-70
Comment: He's a small character who can camp, chain grab, juggle, and edgeguard Ganon very well. Almost half of the cast is in the same exact situation though. Camping isn't that big of a deal when you're in the lead--his jolts are slow and very easy to predict and powershield. When it gets down to the real nitty-gritty, most Pikas are going to be scared as hell to get near Ganon, because in general, our moves beat his out. Pika's aerials are quick, last a long time, and tend to be kinda weird and hard to predict if you don't have MU experience. But if you know the aerials are coming, you should be able to match them because his hitboxes are pretty small. In general, Pika's game is actually kinda like MK, except his moves aren't disjointed so you can actually beat them out.

Terodactyl Yelnats: 20:80
Comment: Pika can chain grab Ganon until 90% including the damage of nair. That's why you never dtilt Pika, EVER. You'll get shield grab *****. Can't kill with SideB Dash attack until over 100% because of Pika's great fast fall. Can't gimp Pika with that godly upB distance. Not fond of this Match Up :/

Average: 25 - 75

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :kirby2:

Comment: Kirby has a good Ground Game as well as a good Air Game.
He's also very mobile, and can get under our skin without too much trouble.

His Fthrow Combos at low% are annoying.
They'll deal from 30% to 50% depending on how we answer.
Then, all Kirby has to do is to damage us a little more, to like 100%.
Here's were the biggest problem of this MU kicks in... HIS FSMASH...
Normaly, we Ganons can survive for hours against even the campiest/gayest opponents,
with proper DI.
However, not here. His Fsmash is absurd, and it's not that hard to land on Ganon.

On top of all this, his Gimp Game is, not great, but good... While we can't gimp him.

Our pros are: Anti Ari'ing and sick Gerudo Possibilites.

SMASHKNG: 35/65
I think what gives trouble is Kirby's Bair that does also have a disjoint, but I'm not too sure if our Uair can prevent him from spamming it. And always tilt Fsmashes down if he's in the ground, neutral angled can get crouched under. Kirby is really light as well so we can kill him very early, plus he has terrible rolls and we have many true Gerudo follow-up combos on him. The problem is that he's an annoyingly small target.

A2ZOMG: 3/7
Statistically, Kirby shouldn't give Ganon very many problems, except for the fact that his crouch avoids most of Ganon's moves. Considering that, he can break Ganon's zoning more easily than he should. He's also pretty good at gimping Ganon, but as compensation, Ganon has good edgeguards on him too.

A Kirby who plays aerial spacing isn't that hard to deal with as long as you have good spacing and aren't afraid to try deliberately powershielding his B-air. Oh and Ganon's choke game is good on Kirby. But anyhow, a Kirby who just waits and crouches a lot is very annoyingly hard for Ganon to deal with.

By the way, Kirby's throw combos can be easily SDIed on reaction. They don't **** anyone.

Terodactyl Yelnats 35:65
At first I thought Kirby was the absolute worst thing for Ganon. Kirby's fastfalled bair can't be punished, his dair will **** you offstage, his utilt is annoying as all hell, and he'll shieldgrab everything.

But really, everything he does can be countered just by learning the match-up. If you don't know, prepare to be ***** silly by a good Kirby.Kirby's spaced bair can be spaced to hit with the absolute tip or with the middle of his feet. Use a pivot grab and an fsmash for those spacings respectively. Fsmash has a good lean back property that dodges perfect spaced attacks.

SDI his fthow > uair up and away to double jump, or you can do the Tero and SDI only up and use downB. If he dair edgeguards you'll have to react to it. SDI away from the stage and up if you're close and close to the stage and up for far away.

But our sideB, holy dang I love it here. It pisses off all the Kirby's I know. Kirby is the only character that is frighteningly easy to chainchoke. It's really easy to powershield his get up attack on reaction and his get up rolls are really short and laggy. <3 Kirby in Ganon sideB. Then we can just Dash attack him.

Tonsana 25:75
COmment: Hmm...Kirby is light but ganon should have a hard time hitting Kirby cus he is so small. Once Kirby is inside ganon he will wreck him with Utilts and Dtilts and grabs. This is good dmg for kirby on low % and on higher % bairs and other stupid airials like uairs and dairs will make ganons % go up quick. Once ganons % is over like 100% kirby does some random fsmash and from there kirby will gimp you with bairs and dairs...
Ganon should try to hit vertical and avoid hiting him horizontinal.

JoWiiCIDE: 23 - 77
Comment: Kirby is light which is favorable for Ganon, anything you read w/ shield is going to send him offstage where you just have to wait w/ DAirs. SideB is mad broken. If you SDI/DI out of the grab combo, it can be changed to FThrow>UAir> FTilt angled up and it'll get a little extra % on the combo plus it'll space for us.

But Kirby winz because we crouch, never approach, and gimp. I'd say Large Disadvantage for Ganon.

Average: 28 - 72

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :dk2:

Z1GMA: 35 - 65
Comment: Not much to say about this match-up.
DK does everything slighty better than us.
KO's earlier, lives longer, moves and attacks faster, and has a longer range.

DK has one of the worst recoveries in the game when it comes to avoiding our spike.

Neither character has a major advantage.
The player with better timing, choice of attacks, and reads, will win this match.

SMASHKNG: 35/65
Maybe 30/70.
I hate this MU. DK gimps us SO easily with Bairs and the cargo Dthrow is REALLY gay against us, it puts us in a horrible position offstage. He is also really strong and overall outranges us. We can gimp DK, but good DK's are actually very hard to gimp. I don't know if our Uair does outrange his Bair though. It's pretty easy to punish his landings though, when he lands with his front, especially with Wizard Kick. He's also pretty easy to land side b's on, though he isn't insanely easy to tech-chase like let's say Kirby, predicting his rolls is key for kills and racking damage. Actually Frigate works as a CP stage for me, I'd rather get gimped easier and also gimp him easier when he's so heavy.

Makke: 30 - 70
Comment: DK ***** us offstage and have long grab range, bair is a pain. If u get him offstage let him feel ur STOMP.
We are outranged and imo, use many choke combos and keep ur best moves fresh and ko DK earlier.

Exalted: 40-60
Comment: This matchup mostly boils down to the individual player's skill. Sure, DK has some dangerous moves such as his Bair, but it's pretty predictable. Also beware of the occasional Side-B -> DK Punch. He has a very predictable recovery, but you should never try and beat him out of it due to it's great priority. If you notice that he's gonna land onstage with it, punish him hard. Use Gerudo follow-ups often and try to get him low offstage. An important note is that you shouldn't be afraid of mixing up your recoveries with Airdodges etc.

Terodactyl Yelnats 45:55
Ganondorf is AMAZING at punishing Donkey Kong, only Upb Cancels, Dtilt, and Bair should be giving you trouble. The good thing about his bair is that his foot stays out for quite a while, you can jump space it to have his bair just miss you then hit his foot with fair/uair/nair. Donkey's down cargo throw is a pain at the edge, but anywhere else and you can escape before you get there. If DK is bair chaining you offstage, hold up and Spam A. But mix it up, SDI out of the chain or airdodge, just don't do the same thing over and over offstage.

If he's offstage, you can do anything to him. I personally enjoy the humiliation of tipmaning his upB more that the spike. We also **** donkey kong when he's above us, he can't handle it. His airdodge is among the slowest in the game and his dair is easily avoided.

Don't run against DK, just walk. Powershield his ftilts to your dtilt. Finally, watch out for his Jab's wonky hitbox, it's amazing at high damage for comboing into dsmash.

DLA: 45-55
Maybe not Ganon's best matchup, but it's definitely my favorite. It's probably because I've fought Ook more than any other smasher lol. Anyways, the main thing to remember in this matchup is to NOT GET *****. Moves that will **** you include DK punch, headbutt, Fsmash, and getting grabbed near the edge at high %'s. If you think that there's a chance he'll use any of these moves, then prepare yourself accordingly.

Overall, it's pretty easy to punish stuff in this matchup, powershielding really helps. Edgeguard whenever possible, and do cool stuff out of gerudo. Just DON'T jump into the ****.

A2ZOMG: 40/60
It's an okay matchup, but you can't get lazy, since getting lazy will very likely get you destroyed quickly since getting punished by huge Smashes isn't funny, and his gimp options against you can be pretty annoying.

Although he's better in neutral position and survives longer, Ganon does control Donkey Kong quite well once he establishes a rhythm. Flame Choke is fairly easy to land in this matchup, and juggling and edgeguarding Donkey Kong isn't that hard either. At low percents if DK is on the edge, most of them will usually try to be cheeky with the ledge attack. Be ready to shield and punish behind you, and generally stay cool when DK is on the ledge, since it is entirely possible to cover all his ledge getup options and punish. Try to avoid jumping unnecessarily since you're an easy target for his B-air. As for kills, don't try to force them. Although he will probably survive longer, your kills will eventually come if you can maintain control of the match.

Average: 38.5 - 61.5

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :popo::popo:

:ganondorf: Vs :popo:

Z1GMA: 1 - 99
Comment: The rumor that Ganondorf is hard for the ICs to CG is irrelevant,
since they can Nanastool Infinite us, which is really, really easy on heavy characters.
Though, the major problem in this MU is desynced Blizzards.

ICs aren't as hard as Falco IMO.
Even top ICs can make mistakes or mess up (mostly Nana's fault, hah.)
However, top Falcos DON'T.

Sopo: 75 - 25
Comment: Our best MU!!
I always find myself grining when Popo stands alone in front of me.
When we fight Sopo, we don't really *fight* him - We're paying back.

His Dthrow-CG isn't really that dangerous.
It should deal like 50% damage with an additional attack at the end of it.
Solo Blizzard is crap (bad).
We totally outrange him, and it's fairly easy to gimp him.

Exalted: 0-666 (0-100)
Comment: CGs, Blizzards and desynching, oh dear...
While it isn't impossible to defeat the ICs, a good IC player will only mess up if Nana does. Try and separate them as good as you can.

Against Sopo: 80-20
Comment: Go. **** him. Now.
And @ Z1G; Yes this is our best MU! But also the rarest one. And it only lasts for so long D:

Bahamut: 0-100
Comment: *sigh*
vs SoPo: 60-40
Comment: Even without half of our nightmares, it's still a pain with the chain grabs and blizzard spacing... However, if SoPo gets on the air or offstage, he's dead...

Comment: Not as bad as Falco. Pivot grab them to fthrow.
Vs Sopo 65:35 Sopo can dthrow chaingrab you across the stage to a dtilt then proceed to edgeguard you. We **** him with sideB.

A2ZOMG: FTHROW : TOO GOOD (1 - 99)
^Yes I'm serious, that's the matchup ratio for the Ice Climbers.

Vs SoPo: 60:40
He has a gay chaingrab on you (who doesn't?), but you have choke combos and ultra **** edgeguards on him, and more range than he does. His Blizzard can only do so much when he doesn't have Nana behind him to back it up.

GoldenPsycho: 10-90
it requires the most insanelly safe spacing known to man, anad with ganon that can only really be done with his tilts, if theyre close than the safe range for them, dear god escape.however they cant do all that much outside of the chain grab to us

vs. sopo: 50-50 this removes the grabbing, therefore the big threat, they can still chaingrab in a psuedo falco style though...stomp all you want, theyll die fast

Average: 3.66 - 96.34

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :zerosuitsamus:

Comment: She has a GC + additional attack on us which deals around 50%.
Everytime she lands a Dsmash (Ganon is one of the easier characters to land it on), we'll suffer 35%+ damage.
ZSS can hit us with both rising SH Bair and rising SH Fair, which really helps her getting the kill.

Ganon can mess a little with her if he gets under her, though.
And a Gerudo can often lead to nice damage.

Sovereign: 15- 85 (with suit pieces)/ 30 -70(without) (Equals 25 - 75?)
Comment: At the start of the match, you're already considered a stock down, unless you manage to get rid of those suit pieces or gain control of them. They create unapproachable walls, that protect her, almost indefinitely, so long as she continues to throw them up. Her damage racking, ground mobility, and defense game are at their peaks. All of her moves are safely covered by a well-places suit piece.
Do not try playing this game with her, because you will lose. Simply camp and shield all pieces thrown at you, and then throw them off, or wait for the items to disappear, since you have nothing to force an approach with.

She has all the juggle setups in the world to get us off our feet, and can easily rack another 50% from Uair chains alone, and then still have a follow-up with her UpB, dragging you back into the ****, where you will properly get tech chased into a Dsmash or another setup attack.
She also has a Dash Attack Lock, where at 35% - 45% she can combo her own Dash Attack across the length of the stage, setting up for some really easy gimps.

DLA: 40-60
Comment: One of my favorite MUs. Ganon survives FOREVER, as long as you're good at avoiding Dsmash. If you shield a Dsmash, roll away immediately. Other than that, be careful when she's below you, because ZSS frame traps with aerials pretty well. Wizkick is useful in this MU, as well as gerudo. The whole matchup is very dependent on reads. Edgeguarding can be tricky, but it's definitely possible. Bait or wait for the down B, then punish accordingly. Most kills will come from on the stage though--dash attack kills very early (especially an iDA out of Gerudo). Also, don't get fancy with the armor pieces... try to get them off the stage as soon as possible. Other than that, don't get stunned and don't take unnecessary hits, play patiently, and get those reads and you'll have no prob with this MU

ZSS is weird. On the one hand she has a terrible approach and camp game, so just waiting usually is safe. On the other hand it's frustratingly difficult to sneak past her low lag midrange game. Generally speaking though, she runs Ganon over once her combos start, so mistakes usually are extra costly in this matchup. Her light weight and vulnerability to Flame Choke combos means killing her usually isn't the problem in this matchup. Baiting, conditioning, and above all not getting hit by dumb powerful moves like her D-smash and SideB seem to be the priorities in this matchup.

Average: 28.75 - 71.25

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :toonlink:

Comment: TL can wall us hard with Bair, and his Nair can be tricky to get around.
Our iDA is great for punishing his Nair.
Due to our slow speed, he can camp us fairly well.
However, his projectiles are some of the easiest ones to PS in the game, but TL doesn't care about that, 'cause he's happy we're approaching him.

His fullhop falling Uair Frame Traps us like there's no tomorrow.

Juggeling him is tricky, though.
Good TLs will drop bombs as they fall down, and then react depending on your reaction, and eventually reach the ground without too much trouble.

Good TLs are very hard to gimp, as they'll cover themselves with either Zair, Boomerang or Bombs.
They can also block our spike with their lame, lingering Uair >_>
Our Nair is pretty effective when he's recovering using the Boomerang, though, as it will take out the 'rang with the first kick and then hit TL with the second kick.

He'll kill us at around 140% most of the times.

Exalted: 25-75
Comment: A Link with twice the speed but ten times the gayness. What most of his projectiles lacks in speed, they will compensate for in annoyance. Boomerang hits on the way back, and will set you up for some good damage if it hits you in a bad place. His bombs have twice the blast radius as Link's, so do not underestimate them. Thankfully, his arrows moves so slow they might as well be flying backwards. Nair, Bair and Uair are tricky to deal with if used properly. Don't forget his recovery is superior to Link's by two infinities.

Toon Link is hard, but I don't think he's nearly as bad for Ganon as he looks. Powershielding EVERYTHING he does (and item catching Bombs) helps Ganon a ton in this matchup, and he's not very good at getting back to the ground safely once you're juggling him (just stay out of his tiny D-air range and his floaty stature makes him a good juggle target). You can outrange him with D-tilt pretty easily, and all Flame Choke combos on him are really good. Plus edgeguarding him isn't really hard at all, it just requires a completely different approach (ledge invincibility frame abuse can really **** his recovery hard). His B-air combos hurt a bit, but outside of that he doesn't really **** combo or gimp Ganon as much as other characters can. Getting frame trapped by projectiles and U-air does suck though, and as long as he doesn't play like a moron, he's usually going to KO you more easily than the other way around.

Supreme Dirt: 30:70
AUGH BOMBS AND ARROWS AND SWORDS! ESPECIALLY THE SWORDS!

You have to abuse your powershield. Get good at it. A shield break will probably end your stock, regardless of percent. Grab the bombs, use them to combo him into an UAir, or if you're feeling ballsy, a FAir. DO NOT GO FOR STOMPS WHEN HE'S RECOVERING. He is not Link, and will hit you. UpB isn't safe until I believe about 80%, and even then I think he can still catch us with NAir. THAT ****ING NAIR.

Average: 28.75 - 71.25

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :pit:

Z1GMA: 30 - 70
Comment: Our Dtilt works wonders in this MU.
It's like the solution to everything (roughly spoken).
Nair is also great in Close Quarters against him.
We've got great Gerudo Possibilities on him.

Pit can camp us all day long, and also Arrow Gimp us when we're sent off stage.
He'll have a hard time KO'ing us, though.
We'll live for hours with Proper DI.

Terodactyl Yelnats: 35:65
Comment: Powershield his arrows on reaction from far away.
Our dtilt > Pit, just make sure it's perfectly spaced so that he can't shield grab you.
If he's chaingrabbing you with fthrows, expect an fsmash.
SDI and/or quarter circle DI out of the first hit up and punish him with a downB, fair, or nair.
Don't get zonked out by his UpB tricks and never fall for his obvious bair.
We also kill him pretty good with dair and sideB dash attack.

G-P: 30-70
our staple move-dair-is practically useless outside of punishment in this matchup, however it gives rise to other moves.
it can be one of our better matchups, but it requires changing the optimum ganon playstyle considerably.
the thing that really makes this hard is his ability to keep us away for long periods of time

A top level Pit will probably make Ganon's life miserable, but Ganondorf is deceptively good against Pit once you learn to avoid a few simple things and as long as you have your Flame Choke combos mastered. While Pit has a stupidly good F-smash, a projectile that is hard to react to consistently, and a solid grab game on Ganon, he has a poor grab and most of what he does is outranged by Ganon's D-tilt. He may often get reliant on dodges and rolls since aside from F-smash his OOS game is usually mediocre, and Ganon can cover those very well with his Dash Attack and D-air.

Average: 32.5 - 67.5

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :peach:

:ganondorf Vs

Comment: Peach has all the tools needed to annoy us for hours, but she simply CAN'T KILL us,
if we're DI'ing properly.
And if we play it smart, we can avoid beeing put in a place where she can gimp us.

This matchup is really difficult if the Peach player realizes that her ability to weave in and out of your range while floating is good enough to actually legitimately bait you while making her F-air spacing very hard to react to. Her turnips and strong aerials are also pretty lame to Ganon's recovery if you're not careful. This matchup highly depends on your ability to pick your moments to do something risky (basically, how good are you at landing random F-airs and F-smashes?), since punishing her on reaction is extremely difficult. She's also a royal pain in the *** on the ground thanks to her long ranged 2 frame Jab and 6 frame dashgrab, which handily shut down most of what you can do on the ground. All in all do your best to avoid her non-stale KO moves and find an opportunity to surprise her with random kill moves.

Vermanubis: 30 - 70
Comments: Peach is really tough because she has the ability to effortlessly weave in and out Ganon's attack range. Her float is what makes this MU anything more than 40-60. Her float gives her the ability to quick evade and punish just about everything Ganon does, makes his wizkicks and chokes nearly useless and so forth. Plus, his height makes him extremely easy to juggle and harass with DAir. Ganon's ace in the hole in this MU is, surprisingly, FAir. If you're ballsy with your FAirs, you can pressure Peach. Never space them, because good Peaches will always expect you to expect them to float into your attacks. Call their bluff and aim directly for them as they're floating. The same way you follow someone when you know they're gonna roll.

Turnips suck, too. They destroy wizkick and choke approaches.

Exalted: 30 - 70
Comment: Peach will constantly float in and out of your attack range and use her great aerials which works great on Ganon's tall body. Turnips shouldn't be too much of a problem, but will hit you through some attacks. Only Gerudo if you are 100% sure that you'll get her. She has a hard time KOing you, but you have a hard time racking up damage. You should do your best to avoid unnecessary damage and be very opportunistic.

Red8: 40-60
Maybe it's just me, but I'm pretty sure I handle this match up pretty well. I find nair and fair stupidly good in this matchup. I did beat Excel_Zero in tournament, so what I did worked for me, however, that might be due in part to there being no Ganon mains in puerto rico lol At the time I hadn't heard of him, but after the tourny, everyone was like "WHAT EXCEL_ZERO??!? NUU WAI!?!?" Oh well lol

Makke: 35-65
(Maybe 30-70)
Peach have a chain grab on Ganondorf.
Peach have a very fast first jab.
Dair Dair Uair Uair ****...
Vegitables or bomb/sword can be effective against ganon.
Good edge guard.

Average: 32.5 - 67.5

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :wolf:

the king of murder: 25-75
Wolf's D-throw means death at higher percent if you don't tech it because it sends you on a position where you can't recover. Watch out for his B-air. His Blaster is easy to powerschield though it's still annoying because it interrupts our recovery. If Wolf is off-stage we can use the oppurtunity to gimp him since his recovery isn't something you can brag about.

Terodactyl Yelnats: 40:60
If only we could sideB ftilt him, I would consider this Match up nearly even.
He dies absurdly early from dair since Wolf's fastfall is the same speed as his regular fall speed.
Wolf has a hard time approaching Ganon thanks to dair and pivot grab
If the opportunity arises we can gimp him at virtually any percent. like spiking or tipmaning him out of sideB/UpB
Blaster is like the easiest projectile to powershield, watch out for his B reverse blasters though.

A2ZOMG: 40:60
Pretty much agreed with tero for the most part. Wolf's susceptibility to getting edgeguarded and gimped in this matchup make it manageable for Ganon. Even though we don't really have a good choke game on him, he's not unreasonably hard to approach. Teching his D-throw, DIing upwards to get out of his F-smash (F-tilt or U-smash out of shield when you block it), and angling shield down against his D-smash are little things that generally make Wolf much easier to deal with too.

G~P: 40:60
provising you know how to tech his d-throw then youre almost home free. if you keep your feet of the floor he's going to have an impossible time trying to K.O you (he can only really kill with dsmash and d-throw) and he is a victim to almost everything anyone can do (even worse than ganon) easy edgeguarding for us too. the thing that ruins this for us is the minor fact that we have to deal with his b-air which is possibly the best aerial of all mid tiers and that f-smash which is oh so good for punishing anythingwe do without being in danger

Exalted: 40-60
Comment: The only major dangers in this matchup is D-Throw (TECH IT), Bair, Fsmash and Dsmash. Learn to block and punish these consistently and the match is your's for the taking. If he has to recover straight upwards, he is dead. The lag before he can start moving after his UpB is MASSIVE. Good moves against Wolf are Dair and Uair when he's off-stage, especially Tipman. His Blaster isn't too bad to powershield, but be wary of reversed shots.

Bahamut: 25-75
Comment: The worst part in the whole MU is the BAir wall/gimp/pressure. The only thing we can do to prevent it is clashing with UAir and nothing else. It's absurdly hard to punish, even if shielded. Blaster eats our recovery. DThrow and DSmash are his best finishers against us. If you learn the tech time on DThrow, you can survive up to 160% with ease. Try to FTilt Wolf to get him offstage. You can try going for the gimp, but I wouldn't... His recovery, while very predictable and "short", once in range with the stage, can't be punished very well... Running on this MU is very useful to try and get away from Wolf's BAir walls. Pivot Grab his FSmashes, mainly used for spacing and chasing.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :luigi2:

Sure, Luigi can juggle and combo/string us like crazy at low %'s, as well as pressure us with Fire Balls.
But that's just one part of the problem - 'Cuz this ****er can also kill you extremely early.
He's also not that easy to gimp.

Ganon does a really good job out-priorising the majority of Luigi's moveset, though.
SHFF Bair'ing ***** Luigi hard if we're close enough to make him not wanna Fire Ball us.
Really effective if we've got him cornered (against the ledge).
He will then try to roll through us, or down+b through us, so be ready to punish it.

Makke: 30 -70
Commment: Luigi will go for a down throw and utilt/uair/nair/fair strings.
Fsmash and UpB KO us less than 100% maybe 80%
Luigi like to approaching with his Nair, its quick, high prio, many hitting frames, First part of it have good KO power and not much landing lag.
Ganon have much better range than Luigi. Ftilt close the edge is good for setup stomp or reverse uair.
When Luigi gets hit by ganon he slides back cuz of his poor traction. Luigi can have problems shieldgrab us cuz Ganondorf long range.
Always predict a Tornadoboost (DownB) when he try to recover.
Dtilt can trip us to a free UpB kill D:
Use Ganondorfs range in the MU.

Terodactyl yelnats: 35-65
SDI out of his utilt strings and jump away.
Luigi has awful approaches, yet he'll try to approach anyway because he could get loads of damage on you. Ganon can shieldgrab Luigi easily if he's just trying to follow up on his other hits like dair to nair.
When thunder stomping, don't go for another dair as he'll pretty always nair when he's hit. Walk away and fsmash/sideB him.
Tipman him out of sideB and double jump, tipman him after his DownB ONLY when it finishes, no random hitboxes hitting us in the other direction to get gimped.
Don't get caught close range with this guy, his angled up fsmash has zero lag and kills us mad early. It also has absurd pressure options and puts us in a really bad position.

This matchup is quite simple honestly, and Ganondorf can frustrate Luigi in more ways than the other way around, so long as you aren't getting comboed and don't run into any of his brokenly powerful KO moves. Luigi is floaty and has bad range and horizontal movement, so juggling him is generally speaking very easy. Flame Choke combos are good against him especially since he often needs to airdodge to avoid a juggle from Ganon. Given that you also outspace him with tilts and decent aerials horizontally, this is a matchup where you benefit a lot from taking it slowly. The catch is if you make a mistake or get read extremely well, you can get punished really hard, either by a combo or one of his high power KO moves. However the good news is he'll rarely ever gimp you, and Jab Up-B doesn't combo on Ganon. Edgeguarding him isn't too hard as long as you know when to expect his Cyclone.

DLA: 40-60
Comment: Most Luigi's are absolutely horrified of edgeguarding a Ganon. But if you're fighting a confident Luigi who isn't afraid to abuse the ledge, his drop down aerials can be devastating to a recovering Ganondorf. And if you want to edgeguard Luigi, you need to make SURE you gimp him, because good Luigi's will actively try to gimp you with down B while recovering, which works retardedly well.

Onstage, you need to roll OoS a LOT. If you shield a well-spaced aerial, there's simply no way to punish it OoS. And keeping your shield up will just let him pressure your shield a lot harder. His aerials are stupidly fast and last very long, but his range is quite small and very easy to evaluate. So you need to challenge his aerials whenever possible. Unlike most matchups where landing aerials is based on spacing, this matchup is very timing-dependent. If you know you're not going to get your aerial out in time, just shield and then roll. Also, don't whiff gerudo's or wizkicks, because he'll punish you with up B.

Average: 34 - 66

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :zelda:

Z1GMA: 37 - 63
Comment: Zelda has her Usmash Combo on us at like 0% - Deals around 30%,
plus possible follow-up, so maybe 40%.
She can Dtilt Lock us between 40% and 80% somewhere.
Her Grabgame is effective Vs Ganon.
...Outside of this, Zelda has nothing, NOTHING on Ganon.

Her Usmash Combos:
Ganon can do pretty much the same to her at like 0% (via Stomp or Gerudo),
so we're pretty even at that point.

She is one of the easiest characters to juggle in the game.
We outrange and outpriorize her all day.
Gerudo -> iDA is fun when she's at around 95%.
If we get the lead, we shouldn't lose, 'cause she can't approach us really well.

Exalted: 35 - 65
Comment: The major things to look out for are her Usmash and Dtilt.
Nayru's Love is annoying , but that's about it.
Din's Fire has a HUGE blast radius at the cost of being slow and predictable.
She's pretty much helpless once you land a Dair or hit her far enough offstage.

A boring and tedious matchup. Generally you have to work harder than Zelda because her Smashes are really stupid, but you have little to lose by waiting her out. Then juggling her and edgeguarding her is pretty awesome. This matchup in many ways is like going against Lucario, with minor differences. If you do well against one, you'll do well against the other.

Supreme Dirt: 45:55
This is annoying. It's easy compared to most matchups. Generally, you knock her into the air and she's used her doublejump, just FAir, BAir, or UAir, get her offstage, and she loses a stock because she's so easy to edgeguard. Don't let yourself fall into a DTilt lock, and avoiding USmash should go without saying. You must approach, she can camp you all day with Din's, but she doesn't have many options to prevent you from doing so. If you're good at spacing, this should be fairly easy to win.[/QUOTE]

Average: 39.25 - 60.75

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :bowser2:

Z1GMA: 45 - 55
Comment: We have all the tools needed to destroy Bowser.

Everytime we land a Gerudo we'll deal around 666% damage.
No, really, Gerudo leads to HUGE damage, every time.

Dtilt outspaces him (Though we can get shieldgrabbed), and sets him up for landchasing
- perferably a chance to Gerudo him

SH Bairs make a pretty solid wall against him.

Stomp >>>>>>>>> Bowser's recovery.
...Tipman too.

Bowser's grabs ***** us hard, though.
The MU is even, but Bowser has a small advantage.

the king of murder: 40-60
I ****ing love that MU. Bowser's spot dodge sucks which greatly benefits Ganon. His recovery is bad. You can easily edge hog it if Bowser recovers from a good amount of distance or like Z1g said, Tipman him. I find stomp a really fun move to use against Bowser for sending him in the air(Ganon wrecks Bowser in the air though be careful that you won't get Klawed). Once you get a Gerudo on him, ggs Bowser. I find his GUA easy to PS and his rolls are short and slow.

Bowser has his F-air, GR Chaingrab, his Fire Breath for edgeguarding, his Klaw and his heavy weight makes it difficult for Ganon to K.O him early if we don't gimp him that is.

Supreme Dirt: 55:45
I actually believe this to be positive. Bowser is bad. Really, really bad. He has a grab release, can pretend to be Marth with FAir, and Fire Breath. Klaw gets a mention, and being extremely heavy as well, but Bowser is bad.

If he's recovering, a spaced FSmash if he Fortresses onto the stage, otherwise just spike him, it's really, really easy. One Gerudo pretty much guarantees you getting him to kill percentage. Play this matchup carefully. Try to avoid going offstage, you will take quite a bit coming back. Remember that if he's in the air, his UAir is incredibly dangerous. Think Skull Crush Punch with vertical knockback.

It's roughly even, I give us a slight advantage due to us being pretty much guaranteed a kill after a Flame Choke.

Exalted: 47-53
Comment: Pretty much what these guys have already said, Gerudos and Thunderstomps spell disaster for Bowser. The major threats in this MU are FAirs, Fire Breath edgeguard and GR -> Jab/Tilt shenanigans. Bowser's Klaw is a nuisance, especially if the player is good at reading you. His recovery easily gets shot down by our Thunderstomp.

A2ZOMG: 5/5
To be honest, I think Ganon does actually win this matchup on some stages. And I'm with Supreme Dirt that this matchup may in fact possibly be 55/45 Ganon. This is by far his best matchup, and Bowser is an awful character who realistically is close to the same tier as Ganon.

The most Bowser really has on Ganon is some grab release stuff (shouldn't kill you that early unless your DI is terrible), and his Jab is annoying. Ganon however can compete well with Bowser's spacing with D-tilt and aerials. Outside of that Ganon just controls Bowser much better when he's in control. He juggles Bowser better, he can techchase Bowser quite well, and most importantly he edgeguards Bowser MUCH better than the other way around.

Bowser literally should never make it back to the stage if you are good at edgeguarding him. Ganon's options for utterly destroying Bowser's recovery are frankly beyond overkill. Watch Ijosh's combo video "And now at the bottom" if you need to see an example of how to edgeguard Bowser. All of Ganon's aerials just flat out beat Bowser's recovery, which keep in mind, Bowser's Up-b is in fact NOT invincible on startup. If by some remote chance he even does make it to the ledge, you still can punish him extremely hard on reaction no matter how he gets up from the ledge.

Terodactyl Yelnats: 55:45

One tipman, one tipman is all you ever need after he uses his double jump. Bowser loses all momentum after being hit and will never gets back to the ledge when edgehogged.

Can you say flipman? Flipman is undoubtedly the best thing in this entire Match Up along with sideB. When Bowser is recovering we either have to ledgedrop and uair to gimp him easily, or get up if he tries to land on the stage. Flipman solves both these problems. You get to hit him with uair and land on the stage, or land on the stage to punish his landing. The vertical hitbox outranges his fair anyway, and he will NOT airdodge offstage.

If he's further away from the stage to not get hit by flipman uair, just ledge jump and double jump away to uair.

Also is you get him in a gerudo at the edge of the stage, you have so much opportunity for ****. He either get up attacks or gets hit. fsmash will hit him where ever he goes. Roll behind/ forward and get up all get hit by fsmash. His get up attack is slow and has a unique start up animation that you can powershield easily. If you predict his get up attack and powershield it just sideB him again and laugh, laugh harder than ever before.

Average: 48.66 - 51.34

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :fox:

Z1GMA: 30 - 70
Comment: Fox ***** us in Close Range and Long Range
- We **** him in Middle Range and in the air.

He's quick and can shut us down with his fast attacks.
Don't get stuck in his Utilt Combos at low%, as they'll deal 40%+.
His Usmash kills us at around 115%.

His lasers will deal a little damage, but that's pretty much it.
He's not Falco, ya know.

G~P: 30-70
typically fox is a good character with a glaring weakness that only a few characters can take advantage of truly. sadly ganon is not one of those characters, which means that fox can cause serious problems for us, his u-smash is far too powerful for a vulpine creature, which kills us about 120% with DI.
the one thing that makes this slightly bearable is the face that d-air will destroy fox if we can actually ladn it, and the fact that his lasers don't stun.
if we get in the right position, we can chain d-tilt's till a relatively high percentage. and because of his insane fall speed it appears offstage tipman gmping is a pretty effective way of fox-hunting
edit: i almost forgot, his stupidly high speed means hell be moving around us and we can hardly keep up. also his d-air approaches are extremely hard for us to block/punish

Fox isn't that bad for Ganon. You lose little by waiting in this matchup, while almost all of Fox's kills require you to first make a mistake that is either whiffing or failing to angle your shield correctly. And the key thing is almost all of his kill moves and KO setups are unsafe on block. Due to Fox's low horizontal air mobility and low range, he generally is easy to punish on block, and this is a matchup where your shieldgrab is VERY useful.

Thunderstorming is great in this matchup as long as you aren't too predictable with it. He's not exactly very good at punishing it. Flame Choke combos are awesome on Fox and not unreasonably hard to set up due to his low range. Waiting in Dash Attack range is a good way to pressure him. Also edgeguarding him is low risk and high reward. You don't have to take too many risks to get into Fox's comfort zone and pressure him into making mistakes. The only reason why Ganon loses is pretty much just because of lasers by default giving Fox the lead.

Vermanubis: 30:70
Comment: Fox is really difficult to deal with for a lot of reasons:
1. He can shinestall, which makes it really hard to punish him in the air.
2. Can kill us about as early as we can kill him with the exception of our Fsmash or gimp.
3. Can poke Ganon easier than **** with his DAir.
4. Can gimp Ganon with little issue.
But, the good is that he is incredibly easy to gimp, his camp game isn't too great and if you can predict his shinestalls, he's a bullseye in midair. We by far outdo him in the air. Our DAir makes it really risky for him to approach us as well.

DLA: 40 - 60

This matchup's actually pretty good for Ganon. Most good foxes that you fight are going to try to spam what little Tech skill Brawl has at you (pivot grabs etc). For example, Fox runs so fast that when he dashes at Ganon, Ganon is put at a frame disadvantage. If you shield expecting a Usmash, he'll usually try to grab or pivot grab, which will usually land before Ganon is able to punish OoS. And if we don't shield, we're liable to take a Usmash.

That's why movement is very important in this MU. IMO, a match with Fox plays a lot like a Melee match (not Melee fox BTW... just a melee match in general). Fox's moves don't have considerable range or priority, so he needs to be good at predicting where you'll be/what you'll do. That's why, as Ganon, you need to move around a lot and be unpredictable in your actions. Mindgames son. Use platforms to your advantage. Make sure you stay on him so that he can't just stand back and spam lasers at you. When you see a space to punish, you gotta punish HARD. Make it count. Edgeguarding's pretty **** easy in this MU--especially wizkicking offstage. I wouldn't attempt this too much when fox is recovering from above (since he'll usually just shinestall to avoid it); it usually works best when fox is below the stage, then DJ->Fair's to get a lot of vertical distance (he goes below the stage a lot because he's a fast faller). Just wizkick him out of this and he's done.

Oh and remember that if you're in kill range, you're gonna have to play really shieldy. Fox's throws simply won't kill you, so eat as many of those as you like. Fox actually has a hard time killing Ganon if you're good at avoiding/shielding Usmashes.

Average: 34 - 66

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :sheik:

Z1GMA: 15 - 85
Comment: Sheik can shut us down, Ftilt Juggle us, camp us a little,
and her speed + Grab Game is very effective Vs Ganon.
It's hard to land safe on the ground without her grabbing us again.

But, if we get a small tad of momentum, we can do pretty nasty things to her.

Red8: 10-90
Sheik will win. The only way you can win is if the sheik is kennispam and the Ganon is DLA (lul namesearch ****). It really is all about breaking the momentum, if we can get a little bit it usually equals a lot (a la all of our matchups >.>) Two best tips are to 1) always hang on the edge when she recovers, it forces a Vanish recovery which we can AD on stage -> punish, and 2) learn to DI ftilt. I talk about it in the annoying moves thread so check it out.

Sol Diviner: 0-100
Honestly, Sheik is a pain in the bearded a**! It's bad enough she has a deisel Ftilt juggle on Ganon, and worse that she can spam with her needles. What's more dooming is her DACUS, though it isn't the worst. I suppose the nails in the coffin would be her Chain Jacket glitch to edgeguard us (assuming they know how to perform it properly). The only way for us to win is to predict the hell out of her and punish all mistakes whilst being defensive, only going offensive when we're ready to gimp her recovery.

A2ZOMG: 5/95
Pick another character. Everything Sheik does just owns Ganon. She camps you well, she outspaces you solidly, her close up game is infinitely better (not helping that your grab range is crap), she combos you to ridiculously high damage really easily, and she also gimps you very effectively. To make things worse, she can often evade a lot of Ganon's high hitting moves by ducking or even Dash Attacking. This matchup is just beyond awful for Ganon.

Clai: lolololololrape @#!$@!$#@! (0 - 100)
IC's Chain Grab? Nope. Olimar's camping? Not even close. This is Ganondorf's-total-absolute- worst matchup. Ganondorf has no answers to a Sheik player who knows how to camp efficiently and punish effectively. Sheik will spend her game running across the stage, using needles to throw Ganon off-balance, and when Ganon attempts to develop an offense, Sheik will use her jab and grab game to completely neutralize it. Sheik will know when to Ftilt you and when that happens expect a lot of damage. Afterwards, she'll take you offstange and proceed to gimp you with ease (just wait for Ganon to attack or use up-B and then punish him. It's stupid). If played correctly, Ganondorf will be incapable of obtaining any momentum- Sheik's tools are just too reliable to circumvent.

And when Sheik is done running around, she can just whip out the chain and stall you while you feel bad about using a character that has absolutely no options. In which case, you may just want to take the DQ and punch the player in the face.

Tonsana: 15 - 85
If she starts camping with her chain just wizkick her....twice. Test it!

Average: 7.5 - 92.5

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :ike:

Z1GMA: 42 - 58
Comment: His jabs. Those... Jabs...
Every Ganon who has met a good Ike knows how much he/she depend on Jabs.
His Jab Cancel can do pretty nasty things to Ganon.

Let's say we swapped Jabs with Ike. We got his Jab - He got our Jab.
We'd get a Ganon 70 - 30 Ike, no doubt.

Anyway... Get him off the stage - He'll die.
Perferably with Ftilt.

Also, Ganon exel at Dtilt-distance in this MU.
It outranges Ike's Jabs, and it is faster than all of Ike's Long

SMASHKNG: 35 - 65
AVOID JAB AT ALL COSTS! Ganon is one of the easiest characters to jab cancel in the game normal jab canceling gives a total damage of 20% per jab but more if he locks which is possible on Ganon and his poor OoS doesn't help at all, it even ***** spot dodges. If you get hit by it, get an amazing SDI. Space Dtilts outside his jab range (don't know if he can shield grab it or not though). Don't get grabbed either at anything at mid percents from like 40 to 100%, the DA is completely unavoidable (or at higher percents TECH the Bthrow) and will put Ganon at a dangerously low angle, Ike does not have any trouble gimping Ganon like all other characters, while Ike is very risky to gimp for Ganon at most positions he falls offstage because of his Up b and if Ganon gets hit by it he doesn't have much chance of surviving, you must be careful offstage against Ike. He also has a Fthrow or Bthrow to Fthrow chain grab in walls and at high percents when you fall in the edge it's for Ganon to either choose to get hit by it or use his laggy air dodge and fall in a bad position. I think DA OoS can hit Ike from a well spaced Fair, but from Nair only powershielded. The Fair outranges Ganon in almost any way and can gimp well offstage with its range so he doesn't have to get any far offstage. Beware also retreating SH Bairs in the ground. While Ike is not so easy to tech chase because of his amazing rolls, having Gerudo Ftilt helps a lot in this MU, especially if you land it near the edge.

the king of murder: 30-70
Jab is not the only thing that wrecks Ganon though it's one of the reasons why it's a bad MU for us. Ike can Jab Cancel in so many things and Ganon is espacially vulnerable to Jab Cancel because he has no aerial fast enough to interrupt it. He can Jab Cancel to Jab 1 again, U-tilt, B-air, grab ect... (I once Jab Canceled a Ganon to Jab 1 over and over again). Jab also eats Spot Dodges. Ike's N-air can lead into either a Jab, B-air, U-tilt or U-air all at low -mid percent, can be autocanceled and is good for frame trapping. Ganon has nothing that outranges Ike's F-air so if he spaces it well, you can't punish him. You never want Ike to be beneath you because U-air, U-tilt and U-smash **** your Air Dodges if timed right. F-throw is a CG on stages with big walls. B-throw-->buffered DA is guaranteed at 12%-95%. D-throw can lead into N-air or U-air at very low percent. Ike is not easy to gimp if Aether is spaced correctly and you will risk getting Aether spiked if you go off-stage with him. Ike, however, has decent edgeguard tools against Ganon like F-air, U-smash and walk-off D-air.

Try getting Ike above you and molest him with U-air or N-air. Avoid his U-smash and you can punish with Gerudo or a grab. Force Ike to use Quick Draw as a Recovery and you can take care of it with N-ar or U-air.

This matchup is so stupidly good for Ganon, it really upsets me when I look back at the times I know that simply playing smarter or knowing a simple trick would have won me this matchup. Ike's Jab is kinda annoying, but really isn't that much of a worry as long as you have good SDI. Also shieldgrabbing Ike's Jab REALLY helps in this matchup (time it right, you can basically grab his arm and grab him from twice your normal grab range), and throw followups are GREAT in this matchup.

Flame Choke is also stupidly good in this matchup. It's fairly easy to land because Ike sucks at landing and is slow, and you get like EVERYTHING out of choke on him that matters. D-tilt, F-tilt, and Dash attack. At low percents when you Flame Choke Ike, he should easily take like 40 damage from Flame Choke D-tilt resets or juggles as long as you make a good read. Then at moderate percents, get him offstage with F-tilt, edgeguard him with ledge invincibility abuse reverse U-air and he dies. Or alternatively you can U-tilt his Up-B if he's trying to sweetspot, or you can let Flame Choke Dash Attack kill him. Either way as long as your choke game is good and as long as you realize Ike's up-B is worse than yours and that you can punish his recovery HARD, you should at least have the advantage in scoring kills.

This matchup is just really really stupidly good for Ganon. You just need to be patient, DI well (don't be an idiot and DI away from B-throw -> DA), and know your choke followups and how to properly edgeguard. This matchup is very very winnable for Ganon.

Vermanubis: 35:65
Comment: Ike's jab game messes us up harder than anything. He will win every OoS/close range confrontation unless you have godly SDI, in which case, you still run the risk of being predicted. Ike can gimp Ganon fairly easily, Ganon can't gimp him at all without taking huge risks, etc. Ganon does have Gerudo, but that can only take him so far. Ike is just very tough to approach and just has way nastier things on us than we have on him.

Average: 38.4 - 61.6

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :mario2:

Comment: It's one thing getting gimped by MK, but if you get gimped by Mario,
you're doing something wrong.

If we stay focused and deal with his Fire Balls properly,
he's gonna have a hard time opening us up.
We beat him when he's too close to Fire Ball us.

Also, his KO-moves are pretty weak on Ganon.

Ganon has a few decent advantages against Mario. Mario is fairly easy for Ganon to juggle and edgetrap. Outside of that, a Mario that knows how to space properly to avoid Ganon's Flame Choke and wizkick will generally give Ganondorf a lot of problems.

The main problem Ganon has against Mario is he really just doesn't have a very good answer to Mario's B-air due to his piss poor anti-air options. For the most part in midrange, Mario can get away with B-airs pretty freely and Ganon usually can't punish it. Really predictable SH B-air approaches can be sometimes beaten with psychic F-smashes, but if you whiff, Mario can hit you back with his longer ranged F-smash which can kill you at around 90-115% when up angled. For the most part Ganon can't really punish fullhop spaced B-airs or fullhop fireballs either. Mario's D-air and Jabs are also difficult for Ganon to deal with, since they are fast options and things that Ganon really just can't punish on shield. Mario's D-smash is also annoying since it's frame 5, and can lead to gimps if not DIed optimally, plus it's also difficult for Ganon to punish on block.

All Mario really needs to do to gimp Ganon in most situations is edgeguard with weak N-air, which hits rather horizontally and sets up for easy edgehogs. It's usually harder for Ganondorf to edgeguard Mario, although both characters can edgetrap each other for massive reward. Also it's common knowledge that Mario juggles and combos Ganon well, and he can also score kills with charged U-smash at around 125-130ish as long as he knows that his U-smash will at minimum trade with Ganon's options to break juggles.

Generally speaking, a Mario that doesn't know this matchup is probably easy for Ganon to beat, since when you're in control, you can juggle Mario easily with Flame Choke and U-air, and edgetrap his ledge jump for pretty massive reward. A Mario that knows how to stay in Ganon's blindspots while pressuring Ganon's defenses however is very frustrating for Ganon to deal with.

G-P: 45:55
We can outrange mario all day, in return he gets a troublesome projectile. you cna barg through them with DA, but get punished afterwards.
this matchup is all abotu controlling centre stage, as if mario gets you off, you wont be comnig back.
figure out how the mario uses the fireballs, if he approaches with them, DA and go past/through him, if he retreats with them simply walk and shield. dtilt and u-air are going to be pretty much everything in ths matchup.
rather than going into that kinda detail, ill jsut say its all about hitting him while avoiding the fireballs and grabs. hit and run basically (although with ganon's run speed its hit and jog)

Supreme Dirt: 50:50
Mario is fast, has a cape, and in general seems irritating until you realize one thing: Mario can't actually kill you. He has to rely entirely on punishing our RCO lag with an FSmash, or more likely, gimping us to actually kill us. Here's the thing: You should never be getting gimped by the cape. Ever. It's very obvious when a Mario will do it. You just have to learn how to tell which gimp they're going for, and play accordingly. Mario is one of those matchups where spacing is pretty important. Remember, Mario has a SS FSmash to rival our own. Don't roll around him, DSmash is his second best kill move, though it kills us at 130+. Flame Choking is pretty effective, just remember if you keep doing it you will get beat.
Our ability to actually kill far outclasses Mario. He has easily punishable RCO lag, and if he's on the ground he's going to get hit. An aerial Mario might seem hard to deal with, just remember that UAir is a godsend. Don't get hit by his UAir at low percents, you'll get juggled.
All that said, the most important thing to remember is that Mario is a horrible character with a few redeeming tools. It goes without saying, but learn their patterns, in my experience, Mario mains tend to fall into the same patterns against us.

Sol Diviner: 40:60
Basically, everything Supreme Dirt mentioned was what I would've said. The only thing preventing a better MU ratio for me is that a defensive Mario that keeps his distance while spamming fireballs is a pain to approach and punish. We can certainly beat aggressive Marios, but once said Mario ups his defensive game and plays real safe, that's when we'll have quite the adversity to try to tackle... at least from my experience anyway.

Clai: 35-> Ganon Mario <- 65
While Mario is in general a middling character that doesn't have too much in the realm of options, he is a very, very frustrating matchup for Ganondorf. The reason, as A2Zomg astutely pointed out, is that Mario can pressure Ganondorf seeming at will and Ganondorf can't do much about it in the slightest. Mario's B-air has decent horizontal range, a good fall speed and a very quick landing, meaning that Ganon's not punishing it OOS as long as the Mario knows his spacing. Ganondorf can create plenty of periolous situations for Mario, which is why the matchup isn't further in Mario's favor, but Mario can too easily pick at Ganon's blind spots because Ganondorf jumps way too slowly to combat Mario in the air, even though Ganon has the superior aerials. Of course, being predictable in the air just lets Mario approach slowly and prepare an U-Smash without trouble, so Ganon has to watch out in that regard as well. Overall, fighting Mario is just not fun for Ganon. Keep an eye on your options and blind spts at all times, because that's where Mario is aiming to strike.

Average: 41.66 - 58.34

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :lucas:

Comment: Lucas is annoying in this MU.
He'll poke and deal small amounts of damage consistantly with his disjoints,
which interrupts most of our actions.

G~P: 30:70
lucas can jsut create a wall of high priority, high range (but low damage) moves to stop us from even getting close to him for the whole 8 minutes if he wants to. and with the aid of flash jumping he is insanely hard to gimp too. an insane amount of prediction would be needed to get into his bubble, and even then his short hop n-airs will shut down most things we try to do. uphill battle all the way

Sol Diviner: 30:70
I don't have a lot of experience with Lucas, but the few matches with an acquaintance I've had has shown that Lucas is a major pain. His aerials comes out fast, and have disjointed hitboxes that makes punishing a bit difficult. Worse still, is once he gets us off the stage, there's almost no coming back, as he can harrass our recovery with his PK Thunder, which essentially spells a death sentence on us. The only thing preventing the match-up from being any worse is our good aerials, range, and ability to gimp the hell out of him when provided the opportunity, though keep in mind that a recovering Lucas can fight back against our gimps.

Lucas can space you a lot, but that's pretty much all he can do. If you play carefully, this character really can't set up a KO on you very easily. He lacks a good juggle game, and most of his edgeguards aren't very threatening. His grab is a blessing and a curse for him in this matchup. Some of your less well spaced stuff can be easy for him to shieldgrab, but at the same time, he really doesn't have any business pressuring you with his grab.

If he does PK Thunder to edgeguard you, you can cancel it with an aerial almost all the time, and unlike Ness's PK Thunder, it really doesn't trap airdodges all THAT consistently. With that in mind, how does Lucas KO you? Basically he waits for you to make a spacing mistake that he can hit with a Smash (or perhaps his D-air tech trap). If you don't do anything really unnecessary, he can have a hard time getting that essential hit in.

Plus, rolling away from him is stupidly safe, especially given that your back roll is above average. He can't chase you down with grab since it's too slow and only lasts 1 frame. PK Fire doesn't reach fast enough if done on reaction to a roll. His Dash Attack is slow. and his N-air final hit doesn't lead to anything. With that in mind while Lucas can outspace you, you have little reason to be worried about it while you're playing patiently. Take your opportunities with your better U-air, longer range tilts, and Flame Choke carefully, and this matchup shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Average: 33.75 - 66.25

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :ness2:

Z1GMA: 40 - 60
Comment: Ness is much easier to gimp than Lucas,
and his disjoints aren't as troublesome.

Watch out for his Bthrow at high %'s.
Other than that, he should have trouble killing you aside from his Fsmash,
which you only get hit by if you make a mistake.

Sol Diviner: 45:55
Ness isn't too much of a worry for Ganondorf compared to Lucas. Be wary that Ness's PK Fire can set you up for more annoying Ness shenanigans if you're not careful. Ness is also stupidly easy to gimp, which makes life easier for Ganon. Other than Ness's grabs, PK Fire, Fsmash, and Fair, Ness is a match-up that isn't much of an obstacle for the King of Evil.

G~P: 40:60
cant space us as much as lucas can, yet the playstyle is similar enough, be careful of his godlike f-air and various other disjointed attacks, also take extreme caution when edgeguarding as getting the timing wrong while trying to gimp him could lead to a lost stock surprisingly early.
make sure to avoid sheilding his pkfire as the lasting effect will literally burn your shield away and he will be able to grab you while doing this.
ganon does however have enough moves that outrange ness to cinsider this a lot closer than lucas, whom has a much easier time keeping ganon away

whle im here, can people tell me how to do the cool little pictures of the characters heads?

Tonsana: 40-60
Ness will backthrow you. That is all...

I might be biased since my matchup experience is pretty much against one of the best Ness players in America, ViceGrip, and he knows the Ganon matchup really well since he himself is also a good Ganon user. However from what I've found, Ness is pretty annoying. While you outrange him and definitely can win in damage and priority, your spacing has to be very very good against him, especially moreso when dealing with his lingering F-air. What Ness also has (besides a good grab) that Lucas doesn't have is a stronger vertical spacing game. His D-air while slow and telegraphed, has a very generous autocancel window and disjoint, and the fact it can trade with your U-air isn't very fun to deal with onstage.

PK Fire is for the most part easily avoided, but it's very hard for Ganon to escape at low percents due to his high weight and fall speed. When Ness PKT Juggles you, don't airdodge. Throw out a neutral air or U-air. Edgeguarding him his very good, but you have to be smart about it, since if they see an edgeguard coming and start PKT2 early enough, they can blow right through you with invincibility frames...and that might kill you at like 50%.

Surviving long against Ness will happen for as long as you can avoid his B-throw. He will eventually get you though if he has the lead and you're trying to chase him down, especially on really flat stages like FD. Flame Choke combos aren't too easy to get, but great in this matchup when they happen.

Average: 40 - 60

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :samus2:
Comment: Samus is one of the hardest opponents for Ganon to approach.
When we've dealt like 40% damage on her, she has probably already dealt like 100% on us.
But, luckily, "Samus can't kill".
If she had a reliable Kill Move, this MU'd be like 5 - 95

Also...
With proper DI and a smart Game Plan, you don't get gimped that easily by her.
Be willing to take a weak hit in favour of reaching a safer spot.

Sol Diviner: 20:80
I haven't faced many Samus players, but the few I have played proved that this is a terrible MU for Ganon (not like any other MUs are something he'd enjoy). For starters, canceled projectile-spamming makes approaching exceedingly difficult. Worse still is her deisel spacing with her Zair. She may have a hard time killing, but she does a great job gimping with proper use and timing with her Zair. The fact she's hard to kill herself doesn't make things any easier. What we do have that's useful, is the ability to gimp her when the opportunity arises. Though be cautious when attempting to do so, because she can and will fight back and cause us to carelessly lose a stock. What it boils down to is Ganondorf fighting an uphill battle against a projectile-spammer: something he often detests.

Tonsana: 25:75
When I play against Samus I just watch when she is jumping, when she does, stop and sheild the zair/missle. You could also jump and airdodge at the same time so you are moving forward faster. Most samus players will try to kill you with Dtilt and bair. The matchup is a pain, but if you can read your apponent it will be much easier.

G~P: 20:80
i paly with (arguably) the best samus in the world on a reasonably regular basis and i can safely say that this is hell and the lsat character ganon wants to fight in low tier. samus mains are naturally the most campy defensive, ledge-happy players in the game and youll have to use some kind of insane prediction jsut to get in, let alone hit her, the only redeeming thing is that you wont be dying till about 200%, but if samus plays it right you wont be touching her to even try to stop that damage being racked
also, the z-air doesnt stale, 7% every time (4% if un-tipped)

by the way, i say arguably because the samus would probably be pretty equal if they had the same tournament rules (no lgl over here)

I dunno, Samus on paper is definitely a nightmare for Ganon. There is no question that she will zone you, and she will be extremely hard to approach if the Samus player is any good. She also does edgeguard you well, but the matchup isn't completely hopeless. While she's hard to approach, I personally find the real challenge in this matchup is KOing her. With proper implementation of powershields and learning to never jump recklessly in this matchup, you'll eventually find a way in, and you shouldn't die easily as long as you avoid gimps. The main problem is the only way you can KO this character is through edgeguards because landing a Smash or D-air on her onstage is too hard to do.

Things look better for Ganon once you start edgeguarding Samus consistently, since Ganondorf is very much capable of gimping Samus with his aerials, which can essentially take away Samus's advantage of surviving forever.

Average: 24 - 76

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :sonic:

Z1GMA: 55 - 45
Comment: I believe this MU to be in Ganon's favor.
If Sonic had a Projectile (I don't count his Spring as a projectile),
it wouldn't be, though.

First of all... Do not approach him in the beginning of the match.
Just bait, bait, and bait, or at least try to trade hits.
Trading hits normaly gives you the lead Vs Sonic.

Let him approach you, and make him pay for it... Bigtime!

We can survive for hours if we're not clumsy enough to get hit by his Uair
near the north KO-zone

Sol Diviner: 50:50
I gotta say that this match-up is one of few that Ganondorf has no real disadvantage (outside of speed). Near everything we have either out-prioritize or clanks with Sonic's attacks, and given his difficulty landing a killing blow, it's safe to say that Ganon will always be ahead in stock if he plays to his strengths. Stay defensive and punish Sonic's whiffs and save your more powerful moves for killing. Don't try to gimp Sonic, as his recovery options are quite unpredictable, hence why you must save your power moves to KO him in one go. Be careful should Sonic get you off the stage, as he can and usually will gimp, which usually guarantees a loss of Ganon's stock.

So as long as you play intelligently and let Sonic come to you, this match should result in Ganon reigning victorious.

Clai: 15 : 85
This matchup is seriously Marth levels of badness. This is a horrible, horrible matchup and you will want to rip your hair out every time you fave a Sonic. No Sonic player is ever going to reveal his approach strategy- he's going to mix up various approaches and feints and just wait until you do anything. Nothing Ganon has has a short enough cooldown for Sonic to go inside and punish, so you make one move and Sonic punishes you. You try and put up walls or a defensive strategy attempting to ward off Sonic's attacks, Sonic goes insides and punishes you. You try setting up any type of stage control, Sonic goes inside and punishes you. You are completely at the Sonic's mercy as if he ever does approach, he'd be too fast for you to react to and any attempts to predict his strategy will lead to him waiting it out and punishing you. Kills are not a problem for Sonic as he can just throw you up and wait for you to land, or he can just bair you for gimp kills, while it's going to take Ganon forever to kill Sonic as hitting him is, more often than not, an exercise in futility. This is just mounds of **** piled on top of **** and you will never be more frustrated than having to play a Sonic that knows what he's doing.

In orther words, you're too slow.

tKoM: 20-80
Gotta agree with Clai. A Sonic main who has complete control over Sonic will always punish you sucessfully without getting punished himself. Seriously, killing is no problem for Sonic as he can gimp you easily with B-air or even his Up-B spring if used smart and Sonic himself can live unexpectly long because it's almost impossible to gimp him and you will hardly land any kill moves on him. A top Sonic main is going to be unpredictable with his approaches and that's why Ganon will have a lot of problems. Ganon's door to sucess, to predict and punish, is going to be even harder to open due to Sonic being unpredictable and fast, not to forget that he can easily time you out. Sonic has the fastest Dash, which he can be used to suprise you with a grab(which is powerful, btw) or something else.

If you want to beat a top Sonic, you should know his moveset in and out so you can predict him better and know which options he has against you, like his Side-B cancel and which attack he will likely use on you out of that.

T.testLP: 30:70
I actually have experience in this matchup! Sonic definatly outspeeds us. He can simply run away from most of our moves, then come back and punish. We beat him in the air but he can gimp us very easily. Learn his moveset. There's a diffrence in SideB and DownB. Seriously, it makes him easier to beat. His notorious Up Throw>Spring>Uair is dangerous since our air speed is really bad. He's beatable, unless he camps. It's a whole different story otherwise.

Until Sonic masters his ability to time you out on a stock lead, you shouldn't lose faith in this matchup. Sonic can be hard to hit, but he cannot KO you unless you make a mistake. His KO moves are easy to react to, and his KO setups generally suck, and his edgeguards really really shouldn't gimp you as long as you have good DI. If he U-throws you, just DI towards him and he really can't follow up on it that well. If he D-throws you, it's possible to DI down and tech in place to punish Sonic for attempting it. As long as you can find a way to keep the pressure on Sonic, Ganon has the advantage in scoring KOs period, and you still have hope of randomly pulling ahead as long as the stocks are even. If you let Sonic score the first KO and he doesn't suck, then gg I guess.

Stick to the usual strategy of picking your opportunities for favorable exchanges. In a perfect world for Ganon, hopefully you'll land a Flame Choke when you need to KO him with Dash Attack. Also I would suggest facing away from Sonic as you're spacing, so that in case you shield his dash attack or spindashes, you have the option of shieldgrabbing those as he passes behind you.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :squirtle::ivysaur::charizard:

Z1GMA:
Squirtle: 35 - 65
Watch out of you'll get walled hard in this MU.
Our Stomp kills him at around 65% :awesome:

Ivysaur: 35 - 65
Ivy will "tickle" us for small amouts of disjointed damage all the time.
Move in and try to get him in the air... Or gimp.

Charizard: 40 - 60
He has good tilts and a good grabgame + grabrelease stuff on us.
But, if we land a Gerudo (which happens a lot) we'll rack some serious damage.
Also, if you can predict a Rock Smash - Utilt him... It's mad fun.

Sol Diviner:
Squirtle: 40:60
Thankfully, all he has is speed. He has no real disjointed hitboxes or the like. Keep in mind that his small size makes it a bit hard to hit him, but that's offset by the fact that he practically dies to a light sneeze due to his lack of weight. Be careful though, as his aerial game is fast. He also has the option of disrupting our recovery with aerial gimps and even Water Gun, and his Usmash and Dthrow are deceptively powerful killers.

Ivysaur: 35:65
Very annoying, as its spacing with its vines and Razor Leaf makes approaching a pain, and Bullet Seed - if we're caught in it - will rack a lot of damage, even with DI. The good news is that we can pretty much guarantee a kill once it's offstage due to ease of gimping, and edge-hogging pretty much spells an automatic death sentence to the quadrupedal dino plant.

Charizard: 45:55
Believe it or not, I find Charizard to be easier than the others. It certainly has good range and disjoints on its tilts and aerials, but they don't come out quite as fast as the other two. You do have to be careful with its grabs: it's probably the most worrysome of the MU, made more dooming by the fact that it has the second longest non-tether grab range in the game. So as long as you avoid those, you shouldn't have that much of a problem. Charizard's large frame also means it will be vulnerable to everything we throw at it, and despite its multiple jumps, its recovery is sluggish and predictable, and thus easy to gimp, or downright spike... though be wary of the super armor provided by its Up B.

A2ZOMG:
Squirtle: 3/7
Ivysaur: 45/55
Charizard: 45/55
Overall: 4/6

Squirtle is annoying. He can space you extremely well, duck under a lot of your moves, and he edgeguards you pretty well. Also he has a 1 frame Jab with deceptive range, his grab has huge range and his D-throw can kill. Bad matchup period.

While Ivysaur has good moves for walling, she is slow, and given that you find a way in, you can kill her faster by juggling and gimping her. She doesn't have very good KO moves for the most part, and her damage output is really low provided you avoid getting comboed by Bullet Seed (DIing towards her is one way to avoid it).

Charizard's F-air, D-tilt, and shieldgrab make this matchup more annoying than it should be. You **** him on Flame Choke and you juggle/edgeguard him quite well though. And given that he's a big target, spacing your own aerials on him is fairly easy.

All in all you want to be really defensive against Squirtle, and hope he'll be forced to switch out at some point, although even when he's fatigued, he still beats you. The other two Pokemon are still not exactly a cakewalk for Ganon, but if you wait for the right moment, you can punish them severely and gain awesome momentum in this matchup.

Terodactyl Yelnats:
Squirtle 25:75
Ivysaur 40:60
Charizard 30:70

Man do these matches suck.

Squirtle is a poo poo meanie head and sucks too. His utilt and uair completely destroys you early percents, his fair and bair are excellent when used properly and not just thrown out. His 1 frame jab makes me cry, try to gerudo him out of a grab release and he can jab you out of it sometimes and can spotdodge it frame perfect. Good luck landing grabs on Squirtle anyway. He also does that thing with grab releases, you know Grab release jab. Squirtle can land full hop dairs on you reliably and it's has great a knockback angle, vertical disjoint, and high base knockback, it sucks.

Ivysaur is not so bad but those leaves are a pain, you can't guaranteed punish them. Bullet seed can ruin you, and the DI for escaping after the first hit will ruin you if she uses dtilt or fsmash. her pivot grab is great, less range than her standard grab but still good, it also ends really quickly. If she's offstage then edgehogging and tipman's are amazing. Watch out for her retreating fullhop and shorthop fairs too.

Charizard in my opinion is almost as bad as squirtle just because of the amount of stupid stuff he can do to you. He beats your Gerudo easily with timed grabs and running reverse rock smash. Fire ***** you offstage and makes loads of damage off it. His fair is really dumb and really good at gimping you out of your recovery. Fullhop dair is one of your best bets in this Match up, same with bair and uair. If you get a gerudo at the edge and predict his get up attack, just fsmash, it will hit all of his short rolls. But the number one thing is, be careful about using dash attack or wizkick. Charizard's Usmash and UpB OoS do amazing thing. Keep in mind however that Charizards UpB doesn't connect that well at high percents, so SDi away from Char if your Dash attack his shield.

Average:

:squirtle: 32.5 - 67.5
:ivysaur: 38.75 - 61.25
:charizard: 40 - 60

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :yoshi2:

Sol Diviner: 30:70
Yoshi is not very fun to deal with. His eggs are annoying, although they can be Power Shielded, and his attacks come out surpringly fast. The good news, is that Yoshi is fairly large enough to hit with whatever we want, and our Choke can outprioritize his Egg Roll. Other than that, the thing that makes Yoshi difficult for Dorf outside of the eggs would be the difficulty in trying to gimp the thing, as his second jump provide super armor that makes the Uair tipping nigh useless, and the fact its aerial movement is the fastest in the game paired with a good and fast air dodge, you'll have to rely on your powerful killers to take him out. Yoshi has fairly good survivability, so be sure to go for clean hits when you want to kill at around 100%, though it's more than possible to KO him at lower percents. The thing that prevents the match-up from being any better for Dorf is the Grab Release that Yoshi has on us that is nearly inescapable. If timed right, he can Grab Release us to the end of the stage, and then spike us down with Fair... not very nice. Just as long as you Power Shield the eggs, and watch out for his grabs (especially his running and pivot grabs), you should be able to win this with moderate to little difficulty.

Vermanubis: 20:80
Comment: Yes. It is that bad. I live in the most Yoshi inundated region in the ****ed world. We have Green Ace, Nacho, Kiwi and a few others. GAce and Nacho are arguably top 4 Yoshis. Yoshi can do all sorts of nasty crap to us. First of all, the only place where he can't CG us regardless of stage transformation is BF. Everywhere else the platforms are too high, or don't last long enough to be of consequence. His CG can lead to difficult-to-avoid spikes, to boot. We have no options versus his MASSIVE pivot grab grab, his egg camp opens up a ton of opportunities for him. Even if PSed, we're still in the worse position of the two. He isn't gimped very easily at all and he outframes just about everything we do with jabs, iDAs, BAirs and such. Only thing keeping this at bay for us is the fact that Yoshi can't really kill, whereas we can kill him fairly easily with a meaty blow.

If the Yoshi knows the MU... have fun. I had to fight Kiwi in tourney once. She's not as good as Nacho or GAce, but she's 50x as patient and annoying to fight, and knows the MU better. Each game went to like 30 seconds.

Makke: 30-70
Comments: Yoshi can easy gimp us, Nair us too far from the ledge and dair our recovery. The pivotgrab is annoying and **** Ganondorf, chain us for nice & FREE %s at the end. Yoshi need to keep his moves fresh to kill us with smash-moves.

A2ZOMG: 30/70
Yoshi is hard to approach, and unfortunately he doesn't really have trouble approaching you because your anti-air options are just bad. And his grab release chaingrab and combos on you are stupid. For the most part he controls the match, and he gets great reward doing so.

You can definitely kill him earlier with random Smashes and Flame Choke DA, but it's not really enough to make up for the fact you really just don't have a good answer to his aerials and his defensive game. I think someone mentioned he can GR U-smash you. That should kill you around 155 or so, but since it's not hard for him to get, it's definitely a threat.

Average: 27.5 - 72.5

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :link2:

Comment: Link can keep us at bay effectively with his projectiles & Zair,
but, once we hit him and get the slightest momentum going, he goes bye bye.

SMASHKNG: 45/55 (40/60 on wifi)
Comment: Make sure to learn to powershield his projectiles, it makes this matchup so much better. His Arrows and Boomerang are easy to powershield, though the Bombs aren't quite as easy. We have the killing advantage in this matchup, and I think we should use more ledge to invincible Uair here. Tipman gimps Link at any percent if he loses his jump, and spiking is also almost guaranteed death due his lack of vertical distance in his recovery. Beware Dair when we're below him, as none of our aerials are disjointed, though it also has like 53 frames landing lag. When we're offstage Arrows and Nair can gimp us, though his Nair is generally risky for him to use because ledge drop to invincible Uair ***** him offstage. Don't underestimate his recovery though because sometimes if you miss you can get edge hogged to death. Zair also stops many of our options when approaching and trying to hit him with an aerial, the best way to get through it is predicting his follow-ups.

Overall, he can hit more, but we get a better reward for every hit we get. If we spot dodge a grab we get a free Fsmash/Gerudo. Ftilt him at high percents near the ledge will KO him unless he predicts it and Whiplash (DIies down and tethers it) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfn7f2S8I20 .

Japan vids with Dio vs Smasher http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhg3LPt4O0M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5atlu...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWcy1...eature=related

Makke: 40-60
Comment: The first one who get the opponent offstage wins. Link can effectivly ledge-hog us with his hookshot, But Ganons reverse uair gimp link and force him to die, easy easy.
Powershield his projectiles and get link offstage with ftilt fthrow or something. We all know Zair :/

Exalted: 47-53
Comment: Powershield. Alot. Arrows aren't too hard to deal with it, but Bombs will bounce off your shield if not PSed (might do so even if you PS, I forgot). Bombs are also very good at setting you up for some damage. Always be wary of where his Gale Boomerang is, as it can draw you into a Fsmash if you're clumsy. Zair is just annoying, especially if spaced consistently well. His Dair is very strong if used correctly and will bounce off your shield if Link isn't fastfalling. Our Dair is great, as is Gerudo. His recovery is arguably the worst in the game, so if you're smart off-stage gimping Link is a piece of cake. That said, Link can gimp us with Nair and can tether the ledge with his Clawshot.

Sol Diviner: 40:60
Link isn't too bad. His projectile spamming with arrows and bombs are very annoying even with PSing. His spacing with his sword and Zair makes touching him a bit hard if the opponent knows how to space well. His Gale Boomerang - as good as it can be - is a double-edged sword for Link, as - if used/timed correctly - we can charge up a smash and let the Boomerang's current "deliver" our charged smash to him. A bit situational, but still a possibility. Link can gimp us quite easily with aerials, projectiles and Zair, which gives us a hard time. Thankfully, hir recovery is poor and thus can be gimped himself, though be mindful of his Up B, as it has surprising priority in the air, which can make our gimp attempts a bit difficult. The saving grace for Ganondorf in this MU is Link's size - making him vulnerable to even Choke → jab, our ability to severely punish him on his whiffs, and his poor recovery. Powershield when appropriate, punish his mistakes (like a mistimed smash), and knock him as far as you can off the stage. Also, be wary of Link's DACUS: it grants him surprising mobility and can rack up unwanted damage if we're not careful.

A2ZOMG: 45/55
Link in theory is awful for Ganon. He has a solid zoning game and is generally a pain to approach, and he has creative ways of getting good punishes. Furthermore, as we all know, only Link can defeat Ganon. Right?

BUT in actual practice, even though it is in fact difficult to approach Link, the possibility of gimping him extremely fast after getting him offstage is simply too good to ignore. U-air ***** his recovery. Tipman U-air (especially invincible ledgedropped!), strong hit U-air, chances are you will probably edgehog him easily if you get one good hit on Link offstage due to how strong your gimps are.

Just like any final boss, Link will be annoying. He will put up walls that are hard to break, and he'll probably do a lot of damage to you that you really can't do much about. But Link's vulnerability to juggles and edgeguards by far is something he has to worry about more than most of the abuseable tactics he has on you. I'm not suggesting you get careless against him though, since stuff like his D-air and his multiple high damage combos that he can start from projectiles or Z-air do in fact hurt a lot. But as long as you're patient, and if you can capitalize on him well when he's in trouble, this matchup is entirely winnable.

Average: 43.66 - 56.34

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :jigglypuff:

Comment: Jiggly wants to wall you a lot.
Wall her back with well-spaced Uairs, Nairs & Bairs.
Fair totally destroys her, but use it very sparingly, or you'll get punished silly.

If she gets too confident in her walling, an up-angeled Fsmash in da face works.

Usmash works great if she full-hops her aerials, since the hitbubble of Usmash is huge in the
upper region.
And it's pretty hard to punish.

It doesn't take much effort at all to overrun her short-hopped aerials with a iDA.
Just don't be stupid with it, or she'll see it comming.
Hit her with it right before/right after the hitbubbles of her attacks activates.

G~P: 50:50
sure jiggs can edgeguard, juggle, wall and everything, but the fact that you can kill her with about 5 hits cant be ignored, she has very little to combat the thunderstomp, and DA has enough to smash through her and-at about 80%-kill her, also u-air will outragne jsut abot all she has, and her lack of an up-b recovery means the tipman edgeguard works wonders if spaced correctly.
catch is that she can jsut wall you all day and not let you even attempt to hit her, all about the spacing in this one

Makke: 40/60 - 45/55
Comment: Jugglypuff isn´t gay as others characters (Because Jigglypuff is a Female) LOL
*Wall of Pain kill Ganon early, Neutral B is a bit annoying too.
---> Ganon have much against Jiggs, Range, Power, FlameChoke ---> Jab combo, Awesomeness, DI her throws and that shall not be too hard for Ganondorf

Jiggs is extremely underrated and underplayed. And she has the tools to counter Ganon extremely well. Just virtually nobody plays this matchup correctly on either side.

Let's think for a moment what Ganon's weaknesses are. He sucks at anti-airs and zoning, and his recovery is very easy to gimp. Jiggs in fact is one of the best characters in the game by far at exploiting these weaknesses fundamentally. You literally cannot wall this character's approach. You lack the tools to anti-air her fullhop spaced B-airs with any consistency, while she has the mobility to BAIT AND WHIFF PUNISH ON REACTION. To make matters worse, her Pound basically beats EVERYTHING that is not named buffered U-air out of shield.

You can't really do anything to this character if she camps on a percent lead. Her aerial mobility is basically faster than your run speed. And when she gets you offstage, all it really takes for her to gimp you is a well-placed D-air, which will beat your recovery and semispike you into a position where you will be easily edgehogged.

Also, this character really doesn't die that easily. Sure it might be funny that she dies at like 70% from F-smash or F-air. But you're never going to land that on her if she's any good. D-air never kills her vertically since she's primarily in the air (good luck beating her B-air with it). U-air might KO her at like 90%...when it's fresh. Which it will never be. Flame Choke is also virtually useless in this matchup, since she risks virtually nothing pressuring you with fullhop B-airs.

All in all, it's entirely possible for Ganon to be completely unable to hit this character at all, while she's quite capable of gimping you retardedly easily. One of the most deceptively bad matchups in the game by far. Actually, it's only deceptively bad because people assume Jiggs is bad. Jiggs's tier position being compared to Ganon is completely unjustified.

Average: 36.25 - 63.75

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:ganondorf: Vs :falcon:

Z1GMA: 51 - 49
Comment: Here it is, folks.
The manliest MU in the entire game (aside from Ganon-dittos, of course).

Falcon has:
Godly Jabs, Running Speed/Mobility, and a much better Grab.
Also: Knee of Justice, Flub Knee (gimp).
...Ganon doesn't like any of it.

We have:
Higher priority, better range, better damage, more KO-potential, and Gerudo.
Also: Stomp, Tipman (gimp), Ftilt.
...Falcon doesn't like any of it.

I feel both charaters are equally good at gimping each other,
but Ganon is better at setting gimps up.

Unless you Flame Choke him at 0%, iDA him for the awesome damage.
iDA won't kill Falcon early anyway, so use it for damage racking when you can.
Save Ftilt for Gimps/KOs.

DLA: 60-40

Easy mode :p Falcon's jab/grab game is overrated. And even though Ganon has no answer for it, Ganon still ties/wins everywhere else.

Get that falcon offstage and edgeguard him... it's soooo easy

Sol Diviner: 50:50
Quite possibly the only real MU other than a Ganon Ditto that can truly be considered even: Ganondorf's priority, range and power against Falocon's speed, mobility, and string potential. In short, they each have what the other needs.

C. Falcon is not to be underestimated, as his speed and aerials can allow him some impressive strings if he gets that chance. Do not give him that chance. Stick to spacing and be on the defensive, but not too defensive, as you have the range and priority to be offensive as well. Choke outprioritizes Raptor Boost and near any of Falcon's other ground moves, so abuse the Choke, but don't overly rely on it, lest it becomes too predictable. Rack up as much damage as possible with iDA, and try to get Falcon in the air - that's where you can do some nasty things to him, including harrassing him with Uair, Bair, and Nair. Thunderstorming is also a nice toy for Dorf to abuse, and has surprising priority over Falcon's options. Falcon has to come in close to attack, and that's where we can win. As soon as we get him off stage, there are a myriad of options we can use to gimp him, including Uair tipman, edge-hogging, Fair, Wizard's Foot, Utilt (timed with Falcon's recovery), or just plain stomp him down with Dair.

Now it may seem like "Wow! Ganon's got it easy! C. Falcon can't win!". Alas, that's where one would be wrong. C. Falcon has many options to use against Dorf as well, despite his lack of priority. For starters, his grab range is greater than ours, which gives him a better out-of-shield option. What's more, the grab box of his Falcon Dive is better than Dark Dive's small window, which only exacerbates our problems. As mentioned before, he's a lot faster, having the second fastest ground speed in the game, and his aerial movement isn't bad either. He can juggle us with his aerials more easily than we can juggle him, since his aerials have lower knockback than ours, thus providing more string opportunities. Also, his "Knee of Justice" (I like to call it, "The Great Kneequalizer"), may be harder to sweetspot, but given our large size, that won't be a problem, so expect to see that as follow-ups to many of his strings - namely aerials. He can also gimp us with Falcon Kick, Falcon Dive (thanks to the grab box making the move a bit safe as a gimper), Uair (though not to the extent of ours), and Fair Knee (even if sourspotted, it will still ruin our recovery significantly), or simply Dair us to death. Another thing to note, is that his Falcon Punch comes out faster and has more range than our Warlock Punch, so watch out. Even though the attack is clearly telegraphed, you'd be surprised how often people can get caught off guard by it. Though small, another thing to note is that he's one of the few characters who cannot be jabbed after a Choke, so try some other way to follow up after said Choke.

Basically, play to your strengths and abuse your range and priority. Space them well, and don't whiff too much. You can probably get away with several consecutive whiffs, thanks to said range, but don't crack too much through mistakes, or Falcon will punish, as he has the speed to d*mn well do just that. He may lack the raw killing power, but his combo ability does make up for that, and he can just gimp us for kills, rather than use raw strength. Thankfully, we can do pretty much the same thing. Study his movements and habits and punish his mistakes. Once we get him in a choke, we can really rack up the damage needed for a surprise early kill once we get the chance.

A pretty even matchup. On paper Falcon really should win this matchup solidly since Falcon approaches a lot more easily than Ganon does, but you edgeguard better than he does and you have an easier time KOing him, and having higher reward on hit overall is helpful. Flame Choke is really good against him due to his bad options for escaping juggles and his low priority, and it would be wise to try to keep your DA or D-tilt fresh specifically for KOing him. Personally I would actually recommend saving D-tilt for KOing him over DA, since punishing with DA in this matchup is fairly important, especially since it's a good option for juggling him.

That's the good part of the matchup. The bad part is that his Jab is really annoying and leads to a free (dash) grab pretty much every time he lands it, and his Jab destroys spotdodges effortlessly, so pretty much never spotdodge against Falcon unless he's getting really obvious with SideBs and dashgrabs. His grab game is also annoying since his juggles are actually pretty stupidly good. His N-air and F-air are extra useful for him in this matchup due to how tall you are (even when crouching). You can expect him to approach a lot with N-air if he's good, although retreat D-airs and well-timed U-airs usually beat it. Always angle shield down if you're standing on a platform on BF because his SHF-air autosweetspots. Also be cautious of his F-air when you're offstage because he can combo it to U-air at certain percents, and it can be a good gimp tactic if you waste your jump in between hits.

Lastly, don't get too greedy when he does U-tilts, D-smashes, and B-airs. Those are safe on block, and all three of them can be used as KO moves. Generally speaking those are the moves to watch out for when you reach high percents.

All in all you don't want to be too reckless this matchup since Falcon does have the ability to punish your mistakes pretty hard. Take it slow and pick appart his playstyle, and capitalize on juggles, edgeguards, and techchases as much as possible. Your ability to KO Falcon, and his relative inability to KO you is what carries you in this matchup.

SMASHKNG: 50/50

I've never stopped thinking that this MU is 50/50. Falcon has no disjoints at all except in Utilt and Usmash, and our disjointed moves are little more disjointed than his. I'm pretty sure this is one of our few MUs that we haven't the hardest time against (I think Link has harder). Our range is very useful in this matchup, and while Falcon has mobility, his moves themselves aren't so fast. Falcon is also a gimpable character, tipman to edge hog is a good gimp at mid to high percents when we hit through his Up b during start-up or directly from above him. We also kill earlier than he does, though he can gimp us at a little lower percents than we can on him because of our bad recovery and the flub Knee properties. Another fact is that Falcon also suffers from the RCO lag, though thanks to his mobility he has it easier avoiding punishment of that than us. Beware low % strings, so make sure to DI them well. And don't let him get to close to us or get jabbed to grab, but thanks to our range he won't have it so easy. And we can shield grab many of his unspaced moves because of his lack of disjoints, even his Fsmash from close range (though not his Dsmash). Only try to punish his Dsmash if you powershield it as well.

As of stages I think any neutral except YI is fine against him, while I'd always ban RC if it's allowed or otherwise Frigate, while Brinstar is a very good stage against him for us.

Makke: 50 - 50
Comment: Most are said

G~P: 50-50
simply put, falcon has speed where we have power. and unlike most other fast character he has no real method of keeping usd from hitting him either
most things that i can input into this matchup has already been said, but this is by far the most hyped matchup in anjy low tier tournament, and even more hyped if it ever happens in a normal tournament

Supreme Dirt: 65:35
Without repeating anything, seriously, Captain Falcon is terrible. Except for the jab games, we beat him everywhere. Just don't choke, though he's the one who should be worried about that.

Tonsana: 50-50
I feel that Ganon racks up damage alot better than Falcon, and he lives longer too. What makes up for it is falcons speed and his grab & jab game, wich is very anoying. However, ganon does a good job outranging falcons attaks and make a hard time for falcon to approach. Softhit Knee is a VERY usefull tool for falcon to gimp ganonforf if ganon dont uair him first. Same goes for ganons Uair on falcon so its either way.
Simply put...
Ganon: Strong and slow
Falcon: Fast and weak(er)
Both has what the other one lack. Funniest MU in the game!

Reim: 55-45
As stated several times before; Ganon has the strength, yet Cpt. Falcon has the speed.
The speed of Falcon can be a pestilence, however, Ganon's strength makes up for it.
This is a very even match-up. Yet, you need to keep in mind that Ganon lives longer than Falcon.

Ray Kalm: 41:59

Reim, Ganon does not live longer than Captain Falcon. It's the other way around. In this match-up however, it may seem like Ganon lives longer due to his heavier damage and strength in his moves.

If the Falcon plays very defensively, UAIRs out of Ganon's dark dive, and just tries not to get hit, he'll be in an advantage. If he purposely tries to avoid too much, it'll be around an even match-up. Falcon is a lot harder for Ganon to gimp than vice-versa, and also a lot harder for Ganon to get off stage TO gimp and vice-versa as well! Basically, both characters are defensive and KO around the same "time", but as I've just said, Falcon is better at some aspects here than Ganon, giving himself the advantage.

For the sake of cleanliness, I'll not copy the quote tower lol.

Vermanubis: Not quite 55:45. Not quite 60:40. But I don't want to be a Pikachu board-er, so I'll not say 61x^3 - 89 + 512^-6 : 72 1/2. I'll just go with 55:45 for now. :p

Basically, this is one of Ganon's best MUs. But being Ganon, it's still not easy. What Kalm said is painfully true. I like to call most Falcons who know the Ganon MU Camptain Falcons, because they never ever go near you. If a Falcon knows the Ganon MU, he'll know just how much Falcon's buffering ability can make it tough as hell for Ganon to fight. Not to mention he has all sorts of nasty ways to gimp and combo us. Falcon CAN kill Ganon a lot earlier than vice-versa. Ganon's UAir doesn't spike well; Falcon's spikes godly, plus his Falcon Dive has 50x the range of Dark Dive, so it's tough to tipman him safely. Also, Falcon's sourspot knee is his best gimp against us.

Definitely not one of my favorite MUs, just because Falcons who know the Ganon MU are just slightly less annoying versions of Sonic.

Terodactyl Yelnats: 60:40

Falcon will run away ........ if you let him get the lead. Double Tipman. Knee > uair is painful. Trap him in the air, his dairs sucks and his airdodge lasts a looooooooong time. sideB dash attack. Always DI away from him close quarters low percents, Jab Grab lol. His bair and uair are good horizontal air to ground tools. Fsmash is good in this Match up if Falcon has to approach you.

Ganonsburg: 45:55

I really don't know any matchups very well, but in a game that so heavily focuses on speed and camping, I think it really hurts us to be the slowest character vs. the second fastest character, even if that character is garbage like us. That said, we're fighting people who make mistakes, which is where Ganon shines. Considering that Falcon doesn't have many safe options and that he'll screw up eventually, Ganon's in a better position than in many other MUs.

tkoM: 45-55
I dunno, Falcon is one of my favourite MUs but I don't think we have the advantage over him. His N-air ***** us. He has good Jab game and has gimping tool that are more effective on us than vice versa. Ganon and Falcon have roughly the same weight but due to his faster falling speed, he lives longer than us vertically. He has a good grab game on us and is just faster overall. Our Murder Chocke is effective against him though. Futhermore, we have priority and massive strenght over Falcon. Plus our off-stage game against him is really good.

Very winnable but not in our advantage.

Clai: 50-50
Comment:
Both combatants are going to play very defensively in this matchup. Falcon has very good jab-grab setups while Ganon has Flame Choke setups. What Ganondorf needs to do in this matchup is know Falcon's jab spacing precisely and do whatever he can to avoid that range. All of Falcon's spacing and mobility tricks are going to boil down to getting close enough to land the jab-grab setup, so just like in the Ike matchup, play the mid-range spacing game.

Offstage, the edgeguarding battle is even as well. Both characters can use UAir and Nair as good offstage gimping tools, and honestly, both characters can just wait until the offstage player is low enough, predict the use of up-B, and just metor-gimp them down (It's not like Falcon's going to use Raptor Boost for recovery lol). Be smart and conserve your jumps in case Falcon decides to flub knee you, but really, that move is going to be horribly telegraphed, so when you see Falcon attempting to edgeguard you, Uair him out. Also. Falcon's got nothing on Ganon in ledgeplanking. Nothing!

Overall, it's a matter of who gets the momentum first, and while I can say that for every matchup, this is the only matchup where Ganon can grab momentum just as easily as Falcon can, and so for all sakes and purposes, this matchup is even.

Average: 51.68 - 48.32

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Ganon's average ratio: 31.04 - 68.96
(Ganon and Sopo excluded)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Starting now:

Z1gma: 10 - 90
Comment: He shuts us down and gimps us entirely with his quick and disjointed hitboxes.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Starting now:

Z1gma: 15-85

Ray Kalm: 0-100.
Comment: Tornado properly spaced is impossible to punish. It can avoid getting hit by Ganon's high priority moves.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
You might wanna change 100-0 to 0-100, Kalm.
After all, we're viewing the match-up from Ganon's eyes.

Bahamut777

Smash Ace

Comment: Like many others, we have many options with MK, but we have a very hard time on actually landing them.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
Starting now:

Comment: MK's fair to impossible to punish if spaced and fastfalled from a short hop. You are relying on baits and punishes to even stand a chance. Offstage, the MK can be mediocre and still properly gimp you without much trouble.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Starting now:

-

Comment: I hate to stray away from the 5 or 0 ending, but I don't feel like its as bad 10 but not as good as 15 or 20. He owns us but we can kill super early if we get a hold of him. I wanna say after you get him upwards of 60-80% the matchup (which shouldn't be too difficult if you can get a hold of him) becomes a lot less stressful.

Breezy

Smash Ace

Comment: We're outspaced, out prioritized, and all around beat. The only thing that makes this MU possible is that if can land that first hit, we can proceed to string with 4 or 5 hits that could easily result in death for the mk.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386

Comment: The biggest issue is his ability to get us offstage and gimp us effortlessly. Once offstage, we'll rarely be come back. Almost every mistake you make can be punished by an unpunishable 'nado and he pretty much outdoes anything you can do. He's also incredible quick, to the point where we can't get off the **** train once on; we simply don't have the frame necessities. He can combo us harder than most as well as punish and gimp. Only thing keeping this from 100:0 is the fact that we can kill MK early with nasty Gerudo tricks, and the fact that he cannot kill, non-gimping, below at least 120%.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59

Our Dtilt is actually very good on this MU. MK's damage output alone drives Ganon absolutely crazy. It's really all a matter of fighting to get the first stock.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh

Think of the gayest MK you've ever fought, no matter how bad he is. Now take away all of the spacing errors and poor move choices, and apply his playstyle to the best MK player you've fought. THAT's the true face of this matchup. However, you will very rarely meet many MK's that you go 0-100 with, because most good players won't play this gay against you (because they probably won't need to). But the fact is that MK has tactics that makes winning nearly impossible for Ganondorf, whether players choose to utilize them or not.

Exalted

Smash Lord

Comment: Our only hope is our Gerudo shenanigans as he can slice 'n' dice you 'til no end if you let that **** device known as Galaxia get anywhere near you. Off-stage is just a joke.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978

Our only hope is our Gerudo shenanigans as he can slice 'n' dice you 'til no end if you let that **** device known as Galaxia get anywhere near you. Off-stage is just a joke.

Meta Knight ***** us Offstage. His attacks have little to no lag are and are therefore, not impossible, but extremely difficult to punish. Our best chance is to capitalize of big mistakes on MKs part and find some little openings to wreck his ***. Nado' is not as gay as I thought, you can block it with Nair.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight

Meta Knight ***** us Offstage. His attacks have little to no lag are and are therefore, not impossible, but extremely difficult to punish. Our best chance is to capitalize of big mistakes on MKs part and find some little openings to wreck his ***. Nado' is not as gay as I thought, you can block it with Nair.

METAKNIGHT IS SO BROKEN WHEN HE PRESSES DOWN B HE DISAPPEARS AND YOU CANT HIT HIM THEN HE HITS YOU BUT THEN YOU CAN DO B AND YOU GET A PURPLE SPARTA PUNCH ANDI TS REALLY GOOD AND KILLS HIM REALLY EARLY AT LIKE 300 PERCENT

Everything gets punished by Nado, we donth ave to priority blabla what the other guys said. Get the lead first or you already lost the game.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway

Meta Knight ***** us Offstage. His attacks have little to no lag are and are therefore, not impossible, but extremely difficult to punish. Our best chance is to capitalize of big mistakes on MKs part and find some little openings to wreck his ***. Nado' is not as gay as I thought, you can block it with Nair

Supreme Dirt 25 - 75
I probably overestimate this, I tend to do that with characters that don't have projectiles. Nado is annoying, but I don't see it as much of a problem. We can Nair through it. We kill him in 3-4 hits on average, he's really light.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Moving on:
:ganondorf: - :snake:

Comment: He can pressure us with Jab/Ftilt-cancel -> repeat without putting himself in too much danger.
If he catches us with a grab (He will through out the whole match), he can Grabrelease -> Regrab like there's no tomorrow, and then gay us over at the ledge for a easy gimp or KO.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Don't have any MU experience against even a semi-good Snake, gonna stay out of this.

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice

Comment: Snake can camp you all day with grenades, and up close he wins with his powerfull jabs and tilts. His grab may be one of the best tools to use against Ganon. Dthrow puts Ganon in a horrible position and can lead into a free utilt or simply more damage. Putting traps all over the place helps him trap ganon and make Ganons options few. Snake may be one of the better MUs in the top tier, but that doesnt make him easy.

Bahamut777

Smash Ace

Comment: I can't sum it all up in a few lines, but once you get the hang over granades, this MU becomes playable, with just FTilt and traps to watch for.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546

Ray Kalm: 15:85
Grenades are hard to deal with. Snake's Dthrow has the same function as chainchoking in this match-up. Up close, Ganon shouldn't really be hitting a good Snake, unless the Snake dodges randomly a lot. Overall, Snake inflicts more damage, kills you easier, lives longer, has more range, has larger hitboxes, and is harder to hit than vice-versa.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386

Snake is basically Ganon, except he has a broken recovery, is twice as heavy, twice the range, around the same damage inflicted, disjoint and a strong camping game. But the one thing people overlook in this match-up is the fact that Snake is fairly slow, so Ganon doesn't have to worry about being overwhelmed,. Plus the fact that if you get past the grenades, Ganon can approach a little bit. You also don't pay hell for mistakes, though, you still pay big-time.

The ratio largely depends on who can get a strong lead first. If you get a strong lead on Snake, you have an amazing chance, though, with his MASSIVE damage-dealing, you can lose it easily. But if he gets the lead... good luck taking it back from him. Basically, the good is that he's easier to approach than most and can be combo'd hard. But he's extremely tough to hit in the air with momentum-reversals, almost never dies due to move staling, takes leads easily and keeps them strongly.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero

We have all the tools needed to make the match-up with Snake playable, it's only that he has all the tools to make him very hard to deal with. Grenades aren't too hard to deal with with Match-up experience but they are a nuisance. His tech chase absolutely ***** us, he can crouch and crawl forward to dodge our get up attack and grab us where ever we roll. Our dair is very good when retreating and punishing those ftilts. Too bad Snake is just a better ganondorf.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Maybe you'll want to put the average for each discussion up? I mean, that doesn't make the average the correct MU ratio, but it gives us a good idea of how we're all thinking.

ie, the MK ratio, on average according to the Ganon boards, is 12.92:87.08 (rounded= 13:87).

Just a thought.

:034:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Maybe you'll want to put the average for each discussion up? I mean, that doesn't make the average the correct MU ratio, but it gives us a good idea of how we're all thinking.

ie, the MK ratio, on average according to the Ganon boards, is 12.92:87.08 (rounded= 13:87).

Just a thought.

:034:
The point of this thread is everyone's *personal* ratio.

GanonkingAbyss

Smash Apprentice
Abyss: 25-75 ?

Grenades dont seem to bother me a lot, although ive never really fought a good snake mainer. i ps his dsmash when he uses it, and dtilt and dair seem to work as the best moves for me. and i really hate his up smash, idk how to counter it at all, if he spams it. There isnt really any safe way back on the stage if ur on the ledge unless there's platforms to land on. he also has time for down b if u misstime a airdodge when landing.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh

At his gayest, a campy Snake will stay incredibly safe from Ganon, due to his ability to punish Ganon's silly approach attempts with his obscene tilt and grab range. Though I would like to note that this matchup will climb to 35-65 or maybe even 40-60 if the Snake is aggressive. Once Ganon gets inside, he wrecks Snake. Thankfully, this doesn't happen often if the Snake is good at camping really hard.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293

Learn this MU or it is easily 90/10 Snake. Don't get grabbed, stay away from his tilt range (IDK if Ganon's Dtilt can punish his Ftilt OoS but don't try to shield grab it), Gerudo or Wizard Kick as soon as you see him pull out Grenades and you're close enough to hit him with those moves, he is vulnerable to hits for like half a second. Jump over Grenades if he is camping with them. I think that our short hop jumps over his Ftilt, but I'm not sure. If you wait a slight while you can hit Snake with an AC SH Bair. Get him to the air, that's where we can **** Snake with Uairs and baits. Don't Jab out of Gerudo if he has a Grenade close, try tech-chasing instead. FoG allows us to punish high recovering Snakes, also with Uairs or baits to Fair if he air dodges, but don't feel yourself safe offstage. His Bair is actually very good at gimping Ganon, but he has absolutely nothing to even try to hit us out of Up b unless it's tech jumping it. And Gerudo offstage if he Mortar Slides or pulls out Grenades when we're offstage.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427

A2ZOMG: 30:70

A pretty lousy matchup, but I feel sometimes Snake players don't always know when the best time is to attack or defend, and Ganondorf usually can punish Snake fairly hard for overcommiting to either incorrectly. That is why I feel the matchup isn't an 20/80 or worse. But regardless it is very clearly out of Ganon's favor when he needs to approach a character who has gigantic and fairly hard to punish tilts that do massive damage. And Snake doesn't really need to worry about having a hard time killing or gimping Ganon. On the flip side Snake can sorta lose a stock quickly against Ganon if he makes a mistake and the Ganon keeps up the pressure on Snake's limited ledge options, recovery options, and air to ground options.

Top Bottom