• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone interested in POUND 5!?!?!?!??!?

tedeth

Smash Master
So I'd really like to get a group of us over there again. I'd also like to check out the American Winter.

ATM we can get tickets to the States for under 1000 bucks. I'd estimate the entire trip at about 3 grand maximum. I'd like to go for most of Feb.

Just wanting to gauge interest levels atm.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
nobody is going to genesis 2 lol, genesis was terribad. japan son.

Also is anyone -not- interested in Pound 5? As soon as Robocop craziness is over and I have money again, I'll be booking tickets.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm interested in Pound 5, but February doesn't work out for me since I'll probably be there in January.

Redact: Genesis copped a lot of criticism for Brawl specifically, but I still think it'll be one of the largest, if not the largest tournament next year, since Smash dominates the US summer and is led by some pretty influential people. I'm pledging support for it again -- DBR claims they'll fix up the problems and I trust them on that account. There were also different, yet, significant problems with Pound 4 due to housing promise breakdowns and bracket problems, but the Pound crew would be working on fixing that too.

What about the next Apex?

Best of luck to Ted and an Aussie Pound Crew. As it stands any other US major > Genesis for Brawl, but Genesis was the unbeatable **** for Melee. It's an important distinction to make, because you are a Melee player.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
japan is interested in the next apex. attila is also interested in the next apex. or that MASSIVE JAPANESE TOURNEY RAIN IS ORGANIZING. whichever.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Dude, Japan!~ If there's Melee at the Rain tourney I'm sold (date and cost depending)

But yeah, hold out for more Apex info if there's any I guess

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
yo attila when is that japanese tourney scheduled for?

I was hoping to go around TGS if that were possible, more time to save/more relaxed trip etc., but I might just have to avert those plans if a major is happening. O:

Gords

Smash Champion
I am interested in all the above tourneys. A tourney in japan would be the best.

About pound 5 though. If it is in feb I doubt I would be be able to stay a month, maybe 2 weeks or so since I doubt I would have accumulated a month of leave by then.

Yeah but def. interested

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
if i do go, it wont be for a whole month, thats for sure.

ill head to whichever tourney more peeps from here go to though, would only be for a week or two.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Apex will be Jan 7-9 of 2012 this is so that

a- cheap flights
b - most ppl are off on that time
c - I can get screwattack to come with AVGN

I can help with housing and stuff also let me know what we can do

Vyse im me so we can talk.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
rain is the player that is organizing the tourney. i spoke to brood about it a few days ago; should be getting into contact with rain soon. dunno whether it is being planned a long time in advance or whether it'll be in the next few months. either way, i know lots of awesome tokyo smashers, so it should be a good time.

Zero

Smash Hero
Wow, plenty of notice for next APEX. If I can secure myself a good job soon, I would definitely consider going.

Zxv

Smash Lord
There was brawl at genesis?
Yeah. Ally won.

M2K gave up in the last match and jumped offstage to SD, and Ally chased him to f-air spike for the KS. I loled.

Also, Japan sounds nice. Always wanted to visit there. What're the projected prices/possible dates for Japan?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Wow, plenty of notice for next APEX. If I can secure myself a good job soon, I would definitely consider going.
The Apex 2012 date is amazing and plenty of notice. We all seem to be spread all over the place with opinions. I'll end up being in favour of whichever tournament gets the most Aussies to go as a group; there's strength in numbers and a heck of a lot more fun.

Also Attila, the cool JP smashers are all in Kansai, derrrrrp.

America is far better for tournaments than Japan is, but Japan is infinitely more appealing as a destination to many people.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Also, Japan sounds nice. Always wanted to visit there. What're the projected prices/possible dates for Japan?
flights are normally around 500 return from what I've seen, as for things like food im not 100% sure how much it'd differ, though if you're cool with the standard mcdonalds etc I'd imagine it'd work out about the same as here (at least that's how it was in america, everything else was cheaper but mcd was about the same). overall cheaper than any trip to america, in any case.

As for time, a bunch of us were talking about going around the time of tokyo game show (septemberish), though tbh this rain tourney sounds interesting, would love to gets some more specifics about its time period beyond "sometime in the future".

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Vyse im me so we can talk.
well thats a relief that you're you, if you werent you, then I wouldnt be me, and vyse wouldnt be himself either and wouldnt be able to talk to you.
but I'm glad it worked out in the end.

all these trips sound good and I'd love to go to them, but time off from fulltime work is so hard to obtain

tibs7

Smash Champion
Luke he saying IM as in instant MSG... Lol fail.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
little do you realize, that you are in fact the one who failed, ****ing anyone in the world (except most smash players) could tell that he meant instant message, so I made an obvious joke (that wasnt even funny) that anyone could tell was making fun of the abriviation.
melbourne... get better.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
you going to spend a long time there or like not so long?

cause i wanna trip with someone whose keen for like only a week or something

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
^ if it's in april I will probably forgo any pound 5 plans, it's getting increasingly important to have details on this japanese tourney now. :/

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
hey guys. just saw this thread lol.

<3 australian insterest. i will say pound 5 will be **** for both games. best venue for travel a smash tournament has ever seen which is really awesome. also everybody comes to pound so you get to see all the best players from EVERYWHERE =D

if anybody needs anything or has any questions LET ME KNOW!!! right now ive got by far the biggest best venue in the best location possible inside the same hotel you stay at and the venue is 24 hours.

come!!!

=p

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
turns out i get 2x the annual leave i thought i did, im keen for spending a week or two in america for one of these tourneys (8

D0N

Smash Ace
Get APEX/Japan outta here. I mean yea they are cool, but the title clearly asks about Pound 5...

Come see me @ Pound :)

Top Bottom