• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Open Smashfest for All Philly-Area Players - Friday Sept. 10th - Philadelphia, PA

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Philly hasn't gotten together in a minute, and we have a lot of promising new players trying to break into the scene..... so I think it's about time we have a good ol' fashioned UFB session for the people.
All Brawl players from the Philadelphia area are invited, including: UFB (obv), KC, Kamar's crew, new players (Rave/Dark Falco/Sparkxx/etc.), and retired players/people we never ever see anymore (Rogue/AK/etc.). If you're crewless and interested in joining one, this is the perfect opportunity to meet and impress members from each.

- If people wanna do a small tourney, that's fine. I'll download Tio to my laptop, and we can try streaming with my neighbor's wireless if someone has Livestream stuff.
- Same goes for crew battles.

Date/Time:

Friday, September 10th
Start time: 5pm (although honestly, people can start coming as early as y'all want)
End time: whenever
*I can house people, so if you need to stay the night for whatever reason, you're more than welcome to.

6814 Quincy St.
Apt 1R
Philadelphia, PA 19119

Buses that stop nearby: HXH, 23, 18 (bit of a walk), and the L (a long walk)
The Carpenter Lane (R8) regional rail stop is also right around the corner from me.

Contact Info:

KayLo!
215-528-7829 (cell)

I prefer texts since I get ****ty service in my apartment, but calls are fine too.

WE NEED SETUPS. I have three full setups atm, but I could definitely use a few more.

KayLo! - 1 TV, 1 Wii
Ebo - 1 TV, 1 Wii
Phillyrider - 1 TV
Vex - 1 TV
TUSM - 1 Wii
Vocal - 1 Wii
Chibo - 1 Wii

Attendee List:

KayLo!
Squall
Kingtoon
TUSM
Ebo
Phillyrider
Steph
Rave
Dark Falco
Vex
PKSparkxx + cousin
MIB
Smurf
Vocal
Chibo
Bnzaaa + friends (?)
Xzax (?)
No Cash (?)
Blissard (?)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm gonna get your TV from Smurf's, my dad'll drive me to get it. If not, I have an extra TV at my parents' house..... it's just extremely heavy, so I'd rather use yours.

& you know you'll be here once you get off work (like you are almost everyday), lol. You really think we won't be playing at 10? C'mon.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
yea smashfest im gonna try to come. im pyff and im new to the smash scene. im pretty good but now i can show off my skills lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
tbh i doubt il be there since itl be a good $20 or so in transportation for me to get there

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Wow, I get a chance to meet the famous UFB crew? I have to make this.

Oh, my name is TUSM, and I proudly main Dedede. I play Snake too, but it's not really good, and all my friends make fun of me, and they call it "TUSM Snake" and it makes me feel bad. I know these guys won't make jokes or anything.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
dont know if i can come, something came up. kendall are u at vex house
Soooo you're snakin as usual. I'mma just take you off the list, lol.

And no, I'm not. I'm going tomorrow instead, forgot I need more cash for a transfer. -_____-

tbh i doubt il be there since itl be a good $20 or so in transportation for me to get there
Chibo, you never come to anything. Get a ride with Ebo and split gas/tolls.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I live roughly 50 minutes away from Ebo... in the opposite direction. And I have a car, that's not the problem. Do you guys not realize I moved out of Philly over a week ago? lol. I live next to Atlantic City (where SatS 2 was)
I'm not moving back to Philly till next Friday

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
lol wouldn't call it snaking, cause its something bigger than super smassh bros brawl :)
The snakin part is that you say "oh I might come" when you know you're not going to. :urg:

I live roughly 50 minutes away from Ebo... in the opposite direction. And I have a car, that's not the problem. Do you guys not realize I moved out of Philly over a week ago? lol. I live next to Atlantic City (where SatS 2 was)
I'm not moving back to Philly till next Friday
Gotcha. I'll take you off the list then.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
maybe.....I'd be more inclined to come if it was a tourney though....Free moneyzzzz
Like I said, if y'all wanna do a small tourney, feel free. Idc.

But this is mostly just a chance for the new players to meet everyone and for all the Philly players to see each other since we haven't in a while.

PKSparkxx

Smash Cadet
NNID
PKSparkxx
3DS FC
1118-0400-3549
Ha. PKSparkxx + Cousin. I like that :D Top billing ftw, although honestly he is the better Brawler lol

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Glad you guys can make it. :)

I'm gonna try to get some burgers or hotdogs or something since I still have stuff left over from Labor Day, but that's not a promise. =X

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i wanna try and find something else to do in the city so i can come up for this + something else that would make it worth the drive cause i really wish i could come

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Sounds good..... I'll add you back to the maybe list. :p If you stay til Saturday, we're all going to .com's football game.

Blissard

Smash Lord
I think I'll join you guys as the new philly n00b joining the group. But I'm not entirely sure if I can go, and when exactly is the estimated end time?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Imma come to this STRAIGHT from practice :]
#kidscheer !

Wouldn't be a UFB session without Dotbox.

I think I'll join you guys as the new philly n00b joining the group. But I'm not entirely sure if I can go, and when exactly is the estimated end time?
There's no set end time..... it can go as late as y'all want it to. The only thing I ask is that people not be extremely loud after 11 or so since there're other apartments in the building.

Hope you can make it! If you need housing for the night because of public transportation or something, that's fine.

Blissard

Smash Lord
Lol, I'm quite young (14), and I have asian parents. You know how they are...(or maybe you don't, but if that's the case, pretend like you do XD)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh ok gotcha lol. Even if you only come for a few hours tho, that's still enough time to meet everybody and get some good practice in.

Also @everybody: BRING $1 BILLS BECAUSE WE'RE DOING RANDOM FFA MMs, UFB rules.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yayyyy Smurf we haven't seen you in a minute. :)

Can you bring Ev's tv? I can get it from you earlier in the day if you really don't feel like it, but it would make more sense if you just brought it with you.
................& your tv too.

I'm aiming for at least five setups, which can happen if you and Vex both bring a tv. And if Chibo brings one, we'll have more than enough.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
This is sweeeeeet

Any idea how late it's gonna go? I'm prob gonna have rehearsal tomorrow til around 8 or 9

I can bring a Wii btw

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
This is sweeeeeet

Any idea how late it's gonna go? I'm prob gonna have rehearsal tomorrow til around 8 or 9

I can bring a Wii btw
It'll definitely still be going on by 8-9. Probably past midnight at least.

I'll add your Wii to the OP. :)

i will bring his tv but i dont have one to bring
K, that's cool. Vex is bringing one, and I can get another one from my parents' house.

EDIT: ChiboSempai enters the fray. :p

Top Bottom