• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RIT Stylin on you 3! 9/11/2010

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Details on why the tournament was unfinished for those who don't already know. There was a power outage all over RIT. I was told by one of the school police officers that a transfusion blew out in the city and caused a minor blackout. Not sure they real story, i think he was just trying to get in my pants. Either way, the black out occurred around 8 P.M When split up regrouped around 8:45 to move to another venue for our last attempt to finish the tournament. The electricity never came back on and was out in the dorm areas as well. So we called it quits. 15-20 Minutes after calling its quits the power came back Lol.

Melee Doubles:
Melee Doubles finished.

Melee Singles:
Melee Singles was not completed. There were 5 Remaining players. (Cura JesiahTEG Minh PikaPika! and Viciouz) It was agree that the melee singles pot would be split even between the remaining players. Though 2 players (Either Cura, Minh, Or PikaPika!) were not guaranteed money this was decided and agreed apawn by the remaining players)

Brawl Singles:
Brawl Singles was not completed. There Were 3 Reamining Players (San Cura and PikaPika!)
It was agree that the money would be split equally amoung the remaining 3 players. Even though San was waiting in grand finals after beating Cura in Winners finals 3-2.

Brawl Doubles:
Brawl Doubles was not completed. Everyone was refunded there money.

Melee Doubles:

1. Misty's Starmie (JesiahTEG / Viciouz) - 60$
2. SureUCan (TheGeneral/ Minh) - 30$
3. Down Smash ( K.I.D Goggles/ RTF) -10$
4. The Greatest Thing (Dudu / Jtam)
5. Team ***gity Hair (PikaPika!/ Spam)
5. Fighting Polygon ( Spamus / Nightro)
7. Chanel 5 New Team (Dewey D!ck Missle/ Ron Burgundy)
7. EIVanillaDios (a nub/ Eaode?)
9. Team Cortez
9. Foy and Snowman (Foy / Snowman)

Melee Singles:
1. JesiahTEG -23$
1. Viciouz -23$
1. PikaPika! -23$
1. Cura -23$
1. Minh -23$
5. K.I.D Goggles
7. Spamus
7. Nightro
9. Juni
9. The General
9. DuDu
9. Beta
13. Snowman
13. Silver
13. Zhenkai
13. Jtam
17. Sharky
17. Casablanca (foy)
17. Eaode
17. Pyro
17. Spin
17. A nub
23. LikeLike

Brawl Singles:

1. San -40$
1. Cura -40$
1. PikaPika! -40$
4. Tiger
5. James G
5. K.I.D Goggles
7. Moss
7. Angel
9. Phil
9. Minic
9. Beta
9. Tommy GreenShirt
13. Sharky
13. Mako
13. Buck.
13. Azeal
17. Bear
17. Ogre
17. Sheth
17. CousCous
17. Dudu
17. Flannel
17. Bruce
17. CDW

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
1. Viciouz -23$-30$ - Shame that we had to play 1st again. But i keep getting closer! Ill practice my wobbling more.

1. PikaPika! -23$-40$- Got saved by the power outage.

1. Cura -23$-40$- dolla dolla bill yall

1. Minh -23$- Maybe next time we'll get to play. Didnt get to play you in melee or brawl. We hardly ever play friendly or anything. We should really try to change this.

5. K.I.D Goggles - I do feel bad you didnt get any money, However i still strongly believe that it was handled in the fairest way possible.

7. Spamus- I really dislike playing against samus, very confusing and werid to play against. Good games! Ban Rainbow cruise last time. I think i took you there at ss3 for game 3 and won also. Not sure though.

9. DuDu- That brawl tournament match we played at my apartment was to close Lol..

9. Beta- Noob

13. Jtam- Play more brawl

17. Sharky- Noob

17. A nub- Really good falco. I feel you would have done a lot better had it not been for you getting a really tough bracket.

1. San -40$- Stop getting grabbed so much, and stop making me use mk

4. Tiger - Shame we didnt get to do doubles would have been interesting, im 100% positive we would have won.

5. James G - Good job placing as good as you did, i was fairly confident you had game 2 vs tiger when i came back you lost Lol. Just work on consistency and you'll do just fine!

7. Moss - Money Match on the 25th marth vs mk 1 $.

7. Angel- Glad you entered brawl singles keep entering i know you can place in money.

9. Tommy GreenShirt - Really good placing despite tough bracket good job.

13. Sharky - drop yoshi

13. Mako - Pick up Ike

13. Buck. - Did really good for your first tournament, Nice job!

13. Azeal - Fairly good despite tough bracket, keep showing up and ******!

17. Bear - We didnt play, but i watched your matches and was impressed.

17. Sheth - You may have placed lower than you wanted, but believe me you didnt go down with out a fight. I saw most of your matches and a lot were very close.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Ah.

And impressive seeing TommyGreenShirt beating Sharky.

Sounds like the touney was a fun one.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I wish me giving angel the straight business for a solid 10 straight minutes was recorded.

Like, there was at least 7 people watching and the shiz aint even have no hype, thats how busy i was getting on him.

Not to mention, my shiek is amazing.

I should have gone to VLS4 this weekend lol. I would have clearly done better if MK was banned lol.

Yall **** need to hurry up and learn how to beat ike with mk, as soon as yall do that, we can try some mk- banned tourneys lol.

lastly, I hope everyone had fun and if you arent subcribed to san3711 on YT, do that, hes putting up all the vids that were recorded on his wii.

@BP, its fine, I should expect to get ****** and hated on. Thats why im Regionless now.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
It was mad fun playing everyone. GGs all.

1. Misty's Starmie (JesiahTEG / Viciouz) - didn't play :|
2. SureUCan (TheGeneral/ Minh) - the one time you guys set up shop with the full screen tripple unblockable projectile spam i laughed a bit inside.
3. Down Smash ( K.I.D Goggles/ RTF) - props
4. The Greatest Thing (Dudu / Jtam) - i wanted to play more!
5. Team ***gity Hair (PikaPika!/ Spam) - didn't play :(
5. Fighting Polygon ( Spamus / Nightro) - didn't play :(
7. Chanel 5 New Team (Dewey D!ck Missle/ Ron Burgundy) - don't remember/didn't play :(
7. EIVanillaDios (a nub/ Eaode?) - don't remember/didn't play :(
9. Team Cortez - don't remember/didn't play :(
9. Foy and Snowman (Foy / Snowman) - autopiloted :( gl next time.

now all of finals doesn't get watched one way or another XD
5. K.I.D Goggles - lol rly? don't you not play this game?
7. Spamus - we should play more! i think i learned a lot last time we played.
13. Silver - lol, quadruple stitchystocked ftw.
17. Sharky - go sharkay!
17. Casablanca (foy) - what happened there? :(
23. LikeLike :(:(:( really?
good ****/grats to everyone else. super short shout outs cuz the power's outtttttttttt. also shouts to brawlers: sheth for making it happen, tommyg for being awesome, jamesg for being awesome, sharky for being awesome, cura for being awesome, ev for being a bum, and angel for being around finally! :(, etc

a nub

Smash Ace
7. EIVanillaDios (a nub/ Eaode?) - don't remember/didn't play :(
Pretty sure we spent like half of the day playing you in teams near the fireplace lol. We were the ganon/falcon team.

But yeah good **** everyone. The power going out sucked but w/e at least I got in mad friendlies before then. I definitely plan on getting on those power rankings before summer vacation :lick:

huMps

Smash Ace
after visiting the smash apartment a few times over the last month or so I have become confused as to why foy doesn't place well in tourneys, cuz he ***** everytime I watch him play. AAAANNNNNNNNNNNNDDDD i'm still confused.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
I donno Azeal. I think I inevitably change my playstyle when I get comfortable leads, and I somehow don't realize it. As soon as I figure out what exactly I'm doing, then maybe I can stop blowing matches and get to that level I want to.

I'm gonna work real hard to find better ways to get back on stage with Lucario, and hold on to high % stocks longer to better secure my leads and utilize my aura.

I continue to place consistently well, but I know I am capable of so much more. I'll be ready next tourney.

:/

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm close by during college. Let me know the deal. I'm pretty busy this semester, though. I'll see what I can do.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Responding to various payout johns here because I feel responsible some of the saltyness:

I'mma throw out there that I probably would've paid six ways if I'd really seen the bracket and noticed this. I'd thought a full round had left five people still standing, not half of one. That's my bad as a TO; I would've had to have thought of something else, but...

I'm gonna be honest, I was pretty stressed out by that point. It was getting late, and without any premise of power coming back, people with a drive home wanted to get going. I understand all that, but it was a lot happening at once, and I got pretty stressed out when I felt like they were gonna get security all down our neck. I'm really glad they didn't; because I didn't want that. People getting all up in our face about stuff was part of the reason our venue wasn't "officially" reserved in the first place; I don't like that liability issue (for me, as a person who registered, sure, but also for anyone in general...)

So, I'm really sorry I wasn't on top of things after the power went out; I'm a bit disassociated with melee, so I wasn't digging too hard into the progression of the melee bracket, or even the brawl bracket, really, since I was trying not to be too salty about my bad performance. I like that we're all really cool with managing ourselves in the tournament, since it is pretty overwhelming to do alone (I'm getting a chair next time at my signup table, and a money handler- and enforcing a PLEASE BRING SOME GOD**** FIVES rule,) but as the TO, I needed to be more on top of things.

Anywho, I apologize for any saltyness; even if there's a difference in opinion between some of you guys on how things got handled, it's me who really should've been on top of deciding it- and I know I just asked you all for how many people were still in bracket, so I dun did it wrong.

That said, I think it's really cool that with all the juggling of money that I was doing pretty badly (omg nightro you helped so much round 2, I need to learn that tag assist money-handling mvc action,) we still had all the cash for entrants accounted for, sans 1 5. And that might have actually been me anyway, in retrospect, though I don't *think* so.

BADNESS ASIDE=======================================
While I didn't enjoy myself as much as I would've liked to, that's my own fault. And it's in part why I did more poorly. I'll get the hype engine back on next time guys, currently restocking the hype-coal. Part of what I learned:

-Scheduling of personal tasks up to event was pretty spot on, but left organizing tasks behind schedule. Delegate moar, and delegate ahead of time.
-Don't overvalue the matchup. I certainly know I would've done things differently if I'd thought less about "oh, but DK can't do this" and thrown in my giant gorilla. I'm GOOD with him, can't be so timid. I'll admit this was in part overcaution with unfamiliar players, but that was just a decision out-of-whack after being out of the circuit. I gotta do my **** my way.
-Oh my god ZSS thighstomp is really ****in huge. **** amazon, your legs are bigger than DK's ftilt.

I'll look forwards to being a bit more relaxed, and a bit more practiced, next time, at SS4(?) in november (early november? God, if not, I hope I'm still here...,) Where my TL might be more legit, since the few friendlies/tourney matches I got in with my new main made people being a bit confused. That level of mindset manipulation that comes so naturally with projectile control is something REAAAAALLY new to me with my character list, so it got me thinking on the mind aspect of the game a lot. I might be pulling new tricks if I can get my clear head on soon.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
I think you did a fine job running this tournament. I feel like i didn't really do a whole lot other than bring equipment. Next time I suppose I will have this more thought out and will try to run melee better. This tournament ran really smooth until the power went out. unfortunateness aside, I'm slightly bitter at how I placed this tournament. I really need to work on stepping up my game or at least work myself back up to where i was at apex. Although I really wish I hadn't played spamus for the 10,000th time in tournament. Next time i'll just have to use my uber **** fox on him.

Also, shout outs to zhenkai for coming out and having a legit falcon.
shout out to syracuse for coming out to the first of many RIT tournies this year.
shout out to RIT kids for stepping our game in the same spot its always been.
lastly-goggles, for the amount you john you sure do **** a lot. good stuff

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Liked all the setups we had. Always felt like I could friendly with anyone. Things were running smoothly w/ good times up until the power outage. More to come later hopefully.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
1. Viciouz -23$-30$ - Shame that we had to play 1st again. But i keep getting closer! Ill practice my wobbling more.

1. PikaPika! -23$-40$- Got saved by the power outage.

1. Cura -23$-40$- dolla dolla bill yall

1. Minh -23$- Maybe next time we'll get to play. Didnt get to play you in melee or brawl. We hardly ever play friendly or anything. We should really try to change this.

5. K.I.D Goggles - I do feel bad you didnt get any money, However i still strongly believe that it was handled in the fairest way possible.

7. Spamus- I really dislike playing against samus, very confusing and werid to play against. Good games! Ban Rainbow cruise last time. I think i took you there at ss3 for game 3 and won also. Not sure though.

9. DuDu- That brawl tournament match we played at my apartment was to close Lol..

9. Beta- Noob

13. Jtam- Play more brawl

17. Sharky- Noob

17. A nub- Really good falco. I feel you would have done a lot better had it not been for you getting a really tough bracket.

1. San -40$- Stop getting grabbed so much, and stop making me use mk

4. Tiger - Shame we didnt get to do doubles would have been interesting, im 100% positive we would have won.

5. James G - Good job placing as good as you did, i was fairly confident you had game 2 vs tiger when i came back you lost Lol. Just work on consistency and you'll do just fine!

7. Moss - Money Match on the 25th marth vs mk 1 $.

7. Angel- Glad you entered brawl singles keep entering i know you can place in money.

9. Tommy GreenShirt - Really good placing despite tough bracket good job.

13. Sharky - drop yoshi

13. Mako - Pick up Ike

13. Buck. - Did really good for your first tournament, Nice job!

13. Azeal - Fairly good despite tough bracket, keep showing up and ******!

17. Bear - We didnt play, but i watched your matches and was impressed.

17. Sheth - You may have placed lower than you wanted, but believe me you didnt go down with out a fight. I saw most of your matches and a lot were very close.

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
Sheth: Wow, you forgot to bring a generator to the tourney, just in case the power went out? Way to drop the ball on that one... Other than that, though, things ran really well. Great job getting all this together, it was a really fun day.

Melee Singles:
1. JesiahTEG -23$ - Didn't get to play you at all. Next time I'm at the apartment though, I want you to teach me everything you can about everything. I feel like I'm at the point where I need to start focusing more on directed practice, rather than just "play a bunch till you get better."

1. Viciouz -23$ - Didn't play. We need to not let that happen next time.

1. PikaPika! -23$ - Didn't play. But your hair looked incredibly gay.

1. Cura -23$ - Yes, I will definitely be banning Rainbow Cruise next time. And yes,
you did beat me there at SS3 as well. Guess I'll have to deal with Marth on Yoshi's then... Anyway, good matches as always - teams too. I'll get you next time :laugh: Oh, and you gotta get away from Marth/Jiggs, and get back to those ICs... soooooo much fun watching them.

1. Minh -23$ - I don't even have the slightest idea how to handle your Link. Great job, congrats on "first." Next time, I wanna play like 376418 hours of friendlies and figure this matchup out.

5. K.I.D Goggles - Didn't play. Which is probably a good thing, since Ganon ***** Samus. Sorry the whole money thing didn't go your way.

7. Spamus - So boring to play against.

7. Nightro - Almost David. One of these days you'll outplace me. Maybe :p

9. Juni - Didn't play.

9. The General - GGs in teams. You and Minh work so well together. Too bad we didn't get any singles in.

9. DuDu - Ahhhh, such a great set. Definitely my new all time favorite tourney set (sorry Foy). I was pretty worried after you ***** me game 1. Who knows, maybe my style of gay counters yours :p

9. Beta - Great set in doubles. Wish we could have played some singles. It's really good practice for me for avoiding pressure and not doing stupid things :p

13. Snowman - Good set man, your Falco showed some promise. Keep at it.

13. Silver - Didn't play.

13. Zhenkai - This is a tourney results thread. So I assume this entry is just a typo.

13. Jtam - Didn't play.

17. Sharky - Didn't play. Also didn't hear you hyping any brawl matches. Whats up with that? Someone has to give me a reason to watch that game.

17. Casablanca (foy) - Didn't play you at all, which is weird considering you're my Rival and all.

17. Eaode - Didn't play.

17. Pyro - Who knew that spot dodge -> down smash was enough to win an entire set :laugh::laugh::laugh:

17. Spin - Sucks. Stop being a ***** and come to more stuff. Maybe then you won't get 0-2'd every time.

17. A nub - Didn't play.

23. LikeLike - Didn't play, but sliding over the counter and dropping into the lower section more than made up for it :)

Rob: Did you not enter? Whatever... I was really impressed by how well your falcon could shine. I've never seen tech skill like that. And yeah, we definitely need to play more, always good practice and a ton of fun.

flaw

Smash Apprentice
I never got to enter. I got hungry and went to subway and then melee singles started. Next time I step out I'll tell someone to call me =O

Top Bottom