• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers' Match-Up Chart thread

t3h Icy

Smash Master
As part of the Melee Match-Up Chart thread, I've created a thread for each character board to split up discussion. Currently the Melee chart is based on a collaborative opinion on each match-up, while we're going to slowly move towards spreading the discussion.

For now, the Melee Match-Up Chart will represent both sides of what the boards think, so for example, the Fox boards and the Falco boards will both have their respective opinions listed on the chart, so (for example) Fox may be 50:50, while Falco may be 55:45. This will be similar to Rajam's style for the current Brawl chart, which seems to be working well and staying accurate. Perhaps afterward, we can try to trim things down to one value for each match-up, but that will be a step in the future.

Currently, there is no order in which to discuss match-ups, but I may guide them if needed.

This topic is for Ice Climbers' match-ups. The format is the standard 0-100 (including 5s). Any opinions are helpful and appreciated, and once there's a consensus for a match-up, I'll add it to the match-up chart.

Thanks.

Binx

Smash Master
I dunno, I never really though this added much to the general game, the better player will win at very high levels of play because at the highest levels of play iceclimbers are very good at working around their weakness which is primarily range, but they make up for it with really savage punish. I think Fox Marth Sheik Puff and Falco all are about 60-40 or 55-45 and that it's enough of an advantage to press sometimes but at very high levels of play its prolly more like 51-49 and the better player takes it. The rest of the cast is even or loses to ICs by arbitrary amounts IMO, cept maybe samus.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Do you guys agree with Kyu? I can't remember all the stuff that dragged on for pages. ;;>_>

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I don't like assigning numbers to match-ups. Here are a few my impromptu thoughts:

Fox: slight disadvantage
Falco: roughly even
Sheik: even to slight advantage
Puff: slight disadvantage to even
Marth: slight disadvantage
Ganon & Peach: disadvantage
Falcon: roughly even
Samus: slight disadvantage
Doc: probably about even
Luigi: even-ish
Roy: free win
most other bad characters: probably easy
Zelda: harder than Sheik

Binx

Smash Master
Do you guys agree with Kyu? I can't remember all the stuff that dragged on for pages. ;;>_>
I think that falcon and ICs are even, and I think that sheik is closer to 55-45 in favor of sheik rather than 60-40 in favor of us but hey maybe he knows something I dont.

AshuRawRun

Smash Apprentice
I think that falcon and ICs are even, and I think that sheik is closer to 55-45 in favor of sheik rather than 60-40 in favor of us but hey maybe he knows something I dont.
Falcon: roughly even
I totally disagree with this, Falcon has an advantage against IC, I don't know if it's a slight or a huge one but ICs vs Falcon is not even at all...
I'd like to know how you can think this...

Vts

Smash Champion
I totally disagree with this, Falcon has an advantage against IC, I don't know if it's a slight or a huge one but ICs vs Falcon is not even at all...
I'd like to know how you can think this...
He has bad approuches, we have about 4 different chain grabs on him, he has terrible recovery, and u can combo him even with sopo

but on the other hand he has combos, speed, and amazing grab game.

i'd say even if not slightly in falcons favor like 51/49 , but also stage dependent if its fd then IC favor easy, dream land falcons.

Top Bottom