• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Match-Up Chart thread

t3h Icy

Smash Master
As part of the Melee Match-Up Chart thread, I've created a thread for each character board to split up discussion. Currently the Melee chart is based on a collaborative opinion on each match-up, while we're going to slowly move towards spreading the discussion.

For now, the Melee Match-Up Chart will represent both sides of what the boards think, so for example, the Fox boards and the Falco boards will both have their respective opinions listed on the chart, so (for example) Fox may be 50:50, while Falco may be 55:45. This will be similar to Rajam's style for the current Brawl chart, which seems to be working well and staying accurate. Perhaps afterward, we can try to trim things down to one value for each match-up, but that will be a step in the future.

Currently, there is no order in which to discuss match-ups, but I may guide them if needed.

This topic is for Peach's match-ups. The format is the standard 0-100 (including 5s). Any opinions are helpful and appreciated, and once there's a consensus for a match-up, I'll add it to the match-up chart.

Thanks.

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
I took these from VaNz's thread. Perhaps they'll generate some discussion :)

fox 70:30
falco 55:45
puff 45:55 (?)
marth 65:35
sheik 60:40
falcon 60:40
ICs 30:70
Doc 40:60
ganon 45:55
mario 40:60
samus 35:65
luigi 40:60
DK 35:65
link 40:60
pika 45:55
ylink 40:60
zelda 40:60

Siglemic

Smash Journeyman
I took these from VaNz's thread. Perhaps they'll generate some discussion :)

fox 70:30
falco 55:45
puff 45:55 (?)
marth 65:35
sheik 60:40
falcon 60:40
ICs 30:70
Doc 40:60
ganon 45:55
mario 40:60
samus 35:65
luigi 40:60
DK 35:65
link 40:60
pika 45:55
ylink 40:60
zelda 40:60
i think falco peach is in peach's favor cause of gimps, floating above lasers and cg/combos

it kinda depends on the stage maybe

Armada

Smash Lord
Fox/Peach 70-30 maybe 65-35 in Fox favor.

Terrible matchup.
Lasers is hella gay so you have to go to him all the time. Look at Jman and i guess everyone understand how guy lasers is.

Fox is also really good to KO peach with that crazy uppsmash and he have so much guarantee stuff at her.
Fox shine is also a really good move to gimping her.

Marth
60-40 in Marths favor.

Better range better combos and hes faster.
You need perfect spacing all the time and Marth still have the advantages.
People overrated Peach is this matchup alot right now.

Falco: 60-40 in Peachs favor (maybe 55-45)
Peachs have not that much problem with lasers.
Powershield d-smash or powershield laser to grab is hella good =).

Also Peach Edgeguard and combos **** him =).
The bad thing is plattform camping but Peach still have a good matchup here.

IC: 75-25 in Peachs favor

This matchups is so good.

Fair is the key to beat IC if you hit Nana/pobo once Nana is dead.

Just give nana another fair and then one more.
Its really easy to avoid grabs with FC fair.

Also turnips is good when you have separate them (with a d-smash for axample).
If you have one of them one right side and the other one at your left side turnip is really good to stop Pobo to coming too you too fast.

Falco vs Peach
60-40 in Falcons favor (maybe a bit more)

This matchup is really hard =(

Your turnip approach is not good hes just nairing through them.
Hes combos is hella gay and hes really fast so have a good spacing against him is really hard.
Also hes d-throw to knee is a really good way to KO her.

Sheik/ Peach 55-45 in Sheiks Favor

NTSC grab is really good against her so avoid them don´t play to aggressive.

WD back to d-tilt is the best thing in this matchup so learn that spacing perfectly.
One d-tilt and you can give Sheik so much damage so she don´t wanna play more :p

Shieks recovery is easy to punish.
- drop with you flaot bair is really good (do it quick)
- if She´s doing her up then you d-tilt her (like i said d-tilt is so good).
When you have d-tilt her this happend.

1: She don´t DI and have kinda high damage (around 75)- You jump up (and wave land) at the platform and doing sweetspoot upsmash (she´s dying at around 100 damage at BF)

If you don´t have platforms u-air her if you know she´s dying or do Nair (so she flying away from the stage) if she haven´t enough damage.

Peach/Ganon 60-40 in Peachs favor (Liguini says 55-45 maybe that true he have more experience in the matchup i guess but Peach still have a good matchup here).

Alot turnips
-Ganon is big so its easy to hit him and then you can do a really good combos to edgeguard.

The only hard thing is to avoid Fair but our turnip is really good against it.
Ganos recovery is so bad so that´s no problem.

So hopefully this is something good =).

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Any second opinions? I just don't want to have a single player's opinions (two counting Vanz) represent the board.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Peach/Falcon is 50/50 IMO. It's just whoever gets the first hit gets the 0-death; Falcon can camp with DD while Peach has turnips and crouch cancels and lucky fsmashes. It's really leotarded.

Climbers is probably only 60-40 with the hand-off, maybe 65-35 if the ICs know what they're doing. Wobbles makes this scary.

How the hell do you just **** Ganon and Falco Armada? I don't understand.

Armada

Smash Lord
D`oH: Falcon is not a 50-50 matchup. 1:Your turnips is not that good it use to be
2: The speed difference is ridicilious is CF play safe/smart its so hard.
3: Peach have a amazing edgeguard BUT if CF ledge cancel with up-b its like most hard with Peach to read/punish that.
4 One of Peach best things is the survive thing and against Falcon its like you are puff or something :p

5: Playing campy is so gay :p

And IC is not only 60-40. 75-25 is the true =).

Did you saw the matches when i played against Wobbles?
I know he have a lot of experience in that matchup (at least a couple persons have said that) so our matches prove my point even more.

Almost impossible to grab Peach
Nana is hella easy to gimp
IC is like one of the worst char to camp her out :p

And what is the last thing supossed to mean? :p

Armada

Smash Lord
Against falco i have a lot experience (Calle W) and against Ganon i don´t know actually.

Kage at Genesis (crews) was like the first match i played against a really good Ganon.
We had a ok Ganon in Sweden a couple years ago so i have played some matches against him.

But i guess i understood that matchup really fast or something :p

But the matchups are around that area.

edit: One more thing about CF:

CFs jump is so long so its like impossible to do WD back to d-smash/d-tilt (unless the CF is ********).

And that spacing is Peach best thing :p

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Ganon is a very single-tracked character. He does 1 thing but he does it GOOD. So there's really not much flexibility for him to adapt and change. When you figure that out, Ganon doesn't really have anything on anyone but that 1 thing (big Fair/jabbage/wall)

It's not hard for a very smart player to figure out how to avoid/abuse that lack of flexibility. It's a systematic form of playing, like many Falcos that aren't quite a top level but still do ok. (If you haven't noticed, there are more 'ok' Falco and Ganon players around than anything [anyone can do it really lol])
Falco just has an insane amount of flexibility so he can make that system ****ing beastly.

Ganon can make a system of walled aerials and that sort of thing, but that's ALL Ganon can really do. Just don't get hit. Meaning throw turnips and get him offstage so that 1 thing can't even happen (he can't wall while recovering)

It's simple, it's just tricky if the Ganon gets to a point where they can mix things up within that system and really be aggressive so you have to adjust to it. Rare that those players exist, rarer that a player won't adjust with time.

As Peach, you have time to back away and adjust because she lives long enough to give you time to adapt.
When you can avoid getting hit by silly things that you really shouldn't be getting hit by, Ganon will be easy for you.
My thoughts on that. :)

Falco advantage that high is crazy. I like it!
I feel the same for a lot of characters. The Falco metagame just went so far, it'll catch up soon against him. :)

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
I'm not entirely convinced that Falcon is 60-40, but at best I see it as even. Its all about getting Falcon to shield and then going to town.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Siglemic: I call people out whenever they say things are gay when they mean dumb or stupid, so I decided to not use ******** as it's almost as offensive. http://charlotte.creativeloafing.com/gyrobase/don_t_be_leotarded_dan/Content?oid=622978

Speaking of which, Armada, could you stop calling things gay like Jigglypuff or Falcon? It's patently offensive to like half of the Peach community lol

I think that might be a lack of experience on your part though; I play darkrain weekly and it's all about who gets the first hit. Peach can ftilt through all of Falcon's aerial approaches except dair, but if he goes for that you can sh nair and either beat or trade. Fsmash also covers a lot of options if he's committing to an attack If he's dding in range and then jumps, you can pretty much just sh nair into him and it'll beat his move since they're so slow. I've been thinking about incorporating uptilt in to counter assaults from above and in front of peach

Also, the Zelda boards discovered this, and it should work on Peach too since they have really similar physics

Falcon can regrab, but I think you might be able airdodge down and away to downsmash before that, grab, spot dodge, or maybe wd back dtilt or fsmash to avoid the grab and retaliate.

I think we need to start floating out there to take out falcon more like we do against spacies; maybe with bair as to avoid getting grabbed out of the up b? Or ledge drop bairs when he recovers low?

On Climbers, I saw your matches and he definitely wasn't playing his best. I'm most of the reason he's so good at the matchup, and he's able to take on any Peach around his skill level, even me on an off day. You're the best on your continent and he's maybe top 10 in ours, playing in a disadvantaging matchup. But as the matches went on they went to being just one stocks, which is pretty good considering the skill gap and matchup. I think Climbers are like Samus; Peach can mow over them, but they can **** you up if you're not careful. His SoPo game is really annoying, since he nearly triples in speed without Nana, and they're better at utilizing platforms than Peach is.

And do you have any matchup specific advice against Falco/Ganon, or how to land the first hit in general?

Armada

Smash Lord
D'oH: One stock? no offensen to Wobbles but in general (we played friendlis for like 3 or 4 diffenrent times so i guess he played good sometime ) and overall it was 2 or 3 stocks and some match was 1 stock.

I think even Wobbles can agreed about that and i know the skill level is not that big its the matchup.

I know wobbles said its like 55-45 to IC but i think i somewhere prove to him its not even close to be so even.

And f-tilt is not that fast so if Falcon read that you are dead.

And ok if you don´t like me saying "gay" i can stop no problem =).

What can IC doing against Peach?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Peach escaping D-throw Knee would be an improvement.

Magus has said it's escapable with DI and/or air-dodge skillz with every character.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Armada: My problem is that I'm one of the most inconsistent players to ever touch a gamecube controller. Our first couple of games I was so nervous that I couldn't even wavedash properly :( Hell I can't even infinite half the time in important tournament matches and they named it after me.

Once I started having more fun and playing better against you our matches got closer and closer, but I think I only ever managed one solid hand-off on you when I had guaranteed stocks to take, but kept screwing up. I'm willing to call it a 60-40, especially when the Peach is so good at squishing Nana, but the ICs have maneuvering, blizzards, and if you're REALLY PRECISE their b-air is fantastic against her. For sure she has the advantage, but if you can consistently use their CGs (which I can't seem to do anymore) then Peach has a lot of reason to be afraid of them.

I'm not a shining example because I'm the best ICs, the best one against Peach for that matter... and I'm not that good :( I wish I could give somebody with technical consistency my IC knowledge and experience and see what they could do, because I don't play them nearly as well as they can be played.

Armada

Smash Lord
Wobbles: I never tried to say you played perfect and yes you miss some gurrante stuff but like you said i mash out from the grabs kinda fast AND you didn´t grab me many times because Peach can avoid them so good.

I have alot respect for you man but saying that matchup is that close is not true right now.
But maybe it will be closer one day but atm Peach have a really big advantages.

Zone

Smash Champion
Wobbles: I never tried to say you played perfect and yes you miss some gurrante stuff but like you said i mash out from the grabs kinda fast AND you didn´t grab me many times because Peach can avoid them so good.

I have alot respect for you man but saying that matchup is that close is not true right now.
But maybe it will be closer one day but atm Peach have a really big advantages.
That is what wobbles is saying he claims he knows those things that can make it that close he just can't execute them like he wants

MacD

Banned via Administration
lolol, i forget to read other thread in the peach boards

but it's easier to airdodge out of things with zelda, she has a tad bit less of hitstun, i can always airdodge out of uthrow uair with zelda, i've done it some times against falcon but it seems moreso when the falcon is a bit slow

Quaz

Smash Master
Yeah zelda gets out of everything that lucky b*tch

Nice post about Falcon DoH, you've shined me some hope on the matchup! I was getting wrecked by a falcon all night yesterday =(

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
PP also had some really nice advice; don't float alot (except low float bairs!) and turnips are mehhhh. Also be prepared to crouch cancel at any second.

And Falcon's aerials are fairly slow, so it's kinda easy to learn how to powershield. PS his dair to downsmash is lawl, especially near the edge because they freak out and then you fsmash and they jump into and gimp themselves.

Also, I like to think of ftilt as a stationary dash attack; it covers an arc and has fairly good priority. It also can pop them up for chaingrabs or aerials, or pop them out for gimps and edgeguards. Also it has pretty much the same lag properties lolololol :(

And then there's the ultimate tactic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox_GsAiiLO8

Armada

Smash Lord
Thats horrible DI :p

Seriously i tried that move before that movie and that is not that good.

But when i saw that video i tried again and i was the falcon and my litter brother was Peach i said to him what he will do AND i told him to what direction i roll but i DI away to much so i was to far awy for him to do ANYTHING :p

MacD

Banned via Administration
hahahahah oh god, that video always makes me laugh

i can get like 2 ftilts before they start DIing cause it'll catch them off guard, but after that they'll start DIing it

then again, that's like a prime example of west coast DI hahaha

SSJ6SephirothGogeta

Smash Rookie
Armada is pretty much right on all accounts, except falco is an even matchup for sure, and Falcon is 55 max in his favor. Try playing lambchops and his laser game, Peach has ways to get around lasers on a stage like FD, but put falco on dreamland and laser can and will shut you down. You will take 30+ % in lasers and you will want to throw the controller.

Falcon can nair through turnips, but the whole point of turnips was never to explicitly damage or combo characters, its to distract them. Like in SC you may send out a couple marines early game to harass someone's workers. Sure the minor setback in economy is beneficial, but more importantly you divert their time and attention away from building their strategy and towards playing your own game. Attention, like in StarCraft, is a resource of limited quantity in a match. If you force a character to contend with your own BS (like turnips) it forces them to react in a certain way while you mount an offensive in a way as to shut down their own plans.

Of course, the idea is that Falcon has the mobility often to find an answer to most issues very quickly. But the point stands that Peach at least has the tools to contend with Falcon. Not to mention he's off the stage and it's friggin party time.

Now let me get out of here already.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If Tag can find a way to shoot 438 lasers in one match vs Fox I'm sure Lambchops can shoot 2000 in a game vs Peach.

Top Bottom