• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu's Match-Up Chart thread

t3h Icy

Smash Master
As part of the Melee Match-Up Chart thread, I've created a thread for each character board to split up discussion. Currently the Melee chart is based on a collaborative opinion on each match-up, while we're going to slowly move towards spreading the discussion.

For now, the Melee Match-Up Chart will represent both sides of what the boards think, so for example, the Fox boards and the Falco boards will both have their respective opinions listed on the chart, so (for example) Fox may be 50:50, while Falco may be 55:45. This will be similar to Rajam's style for the current Brawl chart, which seems to be working well and staying accurate. Perhaps afterward, we can try to trim things down to one value for each match-up, but that will be a step in the future.

Currently, there is no order in which to discuss match-ups, but I may guide them if needed.

This topic is for Pichu's match-ups. The format is the standard 0-100 (including 5s). Any opinions are helpful and appreciated, and once there's a consensus for a match-up, I'll add it to the match-up chart.

Thanks.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
fox vs pichu 80-20
sheik vs pichu 90-10
falco vs pichu 70-30
Iy's like why is this happening to me kindof match-up. falco flirts with your greatest weakness in this match-up. Pichu is fairly good till he can't run around and junk. Pichu's low run makes falco have to aim lower slowing down a good number of falcos also leting you jump over lasers easier which you can jolt from a full hop and take control of the stage and tact on a good amount of damage. Why I think thhis MU is only >> is because falco has a harder time locking down pichu than most people also pichu's powersheilding helps a s***lot his huge sheild is great in this MU.

That and unlike most people pichu has ******** gimps on falco somewhat like pikachu b-throw=death on space animals and most people. also to note pichu has a great number of set ups to kill space animals upair till 60% sets up EVERY move pichu has so youcould upair into f-smash at 40% and kill them and a number of times you may have to full hop to avoid falco stuff and you can get in an upair also same for after a nair. also at some percents nair to jab to f-smash is sooooo amazing. pichu is just hardish to lock down and has **** combos/gimps on them. I know everyone kindof does but they can't kill them at 40% with 2 hits unless there like puff or them get upair f-smash as bowser but that's not happening.

also falco can't edge gaurd pichu that easily. but at the begining is when pichu is the best running full hop jolt steals like the whole d*** stage.

marth vs pichu 70-30

marth can't edge gaurd all that great vs pichu so his kill options are faily limited. yes marth has like 3 times the range of pichu but if it misses geuss what? you punish him with at least 20% each time. marth isn't to hard to combo.jolts force him to approach more and lets you break in. Rwally this just isn't that bad of a match-up by any strech of the mind. I've come close to beating marths better than my pichu :( it's stupid easy normally he's to slow to stop nair from smacking him in the face. however maybe i'm just amazing at spacing. If you can space better than marth it's basically you winning the matches for about every match-up.

puff vs pichu 70-30

puff can edge gaurd pretty good if there isn't a nice platform for you to land on. pichu's jolts her recovery if low or at level with the stage and if high thunder. none beat her recovery but it's free damage and if your feeling ballz you'll nair she. Pichu's size helps him sooooooooo much in this match-up full hop bairs mean go upair them and the thunder them and you can duck under some bairs and d-tilt. jolts do a good chunk and pichu has a few nice nair combos like f-throw nair and at some percents nair up-smash. I love the puff MU and if puff forces you to the edge up-B under her very important that OR full hop right over her when her lands on the ground if she attacks you you can easily punish her up-B around into up-smash or upair. puff can't really lock pichu down like other people.

killing her sucks some times you have keep nairing and jolting if they refuse to f*** up. the bair wall can tear you a part if your not careful. But puff can't get anything from upair/up-throw if her does and trys to hit you you can up-B around, jolt her, or thunder all depending on how she trys to hit you something to remember if your high up don't take s*** from puff or anyone esle for that matter. also puff's rest is near useless in this MU even if it's nearly autokill at like 0% on nearly every stage. can can't combo as solidly as she would want apichu's size makes him techicnally the hardest to rest in the game and if she rest at 25% shes dead even oon DL64 side-B does 39% and kills at 25% or lower on any stage.

yes if she missed you have a decent amount of time to use it if she lands it up-smash can kill at uber low percents so you just traded stocks. it's >> because piichu has a good projectile, hard to lock down and maybe one of the best anti rest games.

falcon vs pichu 70-30

falcon can't edge gaurd him and he's chain throw on pichu doesn't really work that good with goodish DI. also falcon can't land to many grabs pichu isn't link easy to grab. his low size throws off many falcon players. they both have pretty good combos on each other but falcon is much better O course.pichu's jolt helps with falcon's DD. not that bad pichu has options falcon just has better ones overall.

peach vs pichu 95-5
gannon vs pichu 70-30

gannon is way easier than one would think jolts and d-tilts are prettty good at keeping him at bay and pichu's grabs and combos are pretty nice against gannon. For approach you only have to worry about 2 things his jab/grab and down coming fairs gannon can chain throw pichu to near death some of it by prediction souly and then end with a bair. also pichu can mess with gannon in his sheild pretty well because his jab is low to get grabbed from same for duck unless your ungodly close to him. F-smash and bair is the basic edge gaurd and works very nice.

Also the prefect up-B is very useful in this match-up I made m2k rage quit when he asked me to nair I DDed for a minute and did a perfect up-B into an up-smash he was mad. also gannon doesn't kill pichu as low of a percent as one may think i've lived from some stronghits at pretty percents also I'd ban YS not enough room to run away and jolt him but that's just me. also unless your coming from below him your pretty hard to edge gaurd solidly DON't use side-B to recover wothless in this match-up f***s you up more than anything.

gannon has to land a hit and pichu is very good at avoiding hits ad giving them back. also to slow to be a serious threat.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Really nice stuff, thanks. =)

Unknown (if you read this <3), what are your opinions with Pichu?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I really haven't played any other match-ups enough to explain them and some I didn't think I should explain like peach and sheik.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Why is Peach 95-5 on Pichu? Whats she have that makes her worse than Sheik? just curious

and this is incredibly unsurprising that only ICG has posted in this thread

unknown522

Some guy
Really nice stuff, thanks. =)

Unknown (if you read this <3), what are your opinions with Pichu?
fox: 20
falco: 20
jiggs: 10

sheik: 15
marth: 85-15

peach: 5
falcon: 25
Ganon: 25

ICs: impossible
samus: 5
doc: 15
mario: 15
pikachu: 25
luigi: 10
DK: 30

Link: 40
YL: 40
zelda: 20
G&W: 30
M2: 35

roy: 40
bowser: 60
yoshi: 40
pichu: 50
ness: 55
kirby: 55

do you want me to give explanations? It could take a while

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
pichu can get a few small combos on peach even nair up-smash(don't know extalct percent but whatever) it's simply fair d-smash is serious half your stock you lose half your stock from misspaceing or trying to approach you somehow have to mindgame peach into standing on the ground and leting you at up-smash her at a lowish percent. maybe i'm doing it wrong I don't know. I fought husbands peach and I depanded him go sheik I took a stock at least.

at least vs sheik you can mix up, edge gaurd, spotdodge, and mindgame into up-smash. Really I want to stab them in the face peach players.

for unknown I totally argee with fox, sheik, peach, marios some match-ups I refuse to talk about because I haven't played them enough against good players like link.

really if sheik's 15 I really doubt marth is also 15. Maybe it's me being blind from it's my favorite match-up. but marth doesn't seem to edge gaurd pichu as well as sheik(bair and needles), and the deathly combos aren't as deadly, pichu's projectile and nair seems to have an easier time getting into marth he lacks a f-tilt as fast as sheik's. marth also feels a little easier to combo. Really I think foxes are harder to deal with even if you can land a solid upair(which=grab beyond 60% at 40% use f-smash to death) or a solid nair you can get a serious combo going.

And I find it even stranger that puff is worse than sheik. but you can explain stuff before I rant about stuff no one cares about.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
somehow I camped a peach up to 170% each atock and killed with nair and it worked great I even used perfect up-B once to get a quick up-smash and get one kill at 110% also that was her her float camping me on FD vs husband I didn't get a stock but just a lot of damage. So very better peach's camping doesn't help much clearly. still did a lot of damage.

however I think pikachu isn't as bad and this is coming from a guy who made a match pichu dittos last over 6 minutes on PS using jolts and WD back into f-smas to camp him and I ended up helping me a fair amount. I'm pretty sure pikachu could do it better : P but whatever I know I nearly beat zhu's pikachu and I know he wasn't sandbagging. I think it's like 70-30 in pikachu's favor.

But also marth vs pichu is my favorite match-up it really doesn't feel nearly that bad yes I know about the range of course but if he misses vs pichu that range doesn't mean s***. pichu has decent combos and junk him compared to most of the cast he combos. I really think a pichu can out space a marthwith movement d-tilt, nair and jolt. plus pichu's massive sheild helps a lor in this match-up. When playing as marth if they aren't as fast as him and don't have a somewhat spamable projectile I feel it's a ******** dumb easy WTF if you lose match-up. Pichu isn't that bad.

Plus up-B tricks are very nice just ban YS.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
fox: 20
falco: 20
jiggs: 10

sheik: 15
marth: 85-15

peach: 5
falcon: 25
Ganon: 25

ICs: impossible
samus: 5
doc: 15
mario: 15
pikachu: 25
luigi: 10
DK: 30

Link: 40
YL: 40
zelda: 20
G&W: 30
M2: 35

roy: 40
bowser: 60
yoshi: 40
pichu: 50
ness: 55
kirby: 55

do you want me to give explanations? It could take a while
I like the look of this, but why is Luigi so difficult? I haven't played any pro Luigi's, but I don't get it. Also Samus. A nair will take you through her CC as long as you don't land on her.

I agree with the spacies, anyone who can be comboed can be punished pretty well by Pichu.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Luigi is really hard to combo. CC D-smash is gay. Pichu is too easy to be combo'd. Pichu is too easy to tech chase if it comes up (Luigi Up+B tech chase is sometimes gay). Pichu's weight is super light so after like 80 everything is a kill move.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Really if the marios want to be gay they **** pichu I haven't ever played a really good any as pichu but the chain throws, combos, edge gaurd are all to easy for them if they try a little. but pikachu and marth are easier than said there.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
oh yeah I think samus is as hard as she is because pichu doesn't have a way through her shield

if he goes through her shield really far he's not in a position to put pressure on her because she just wds oos and resets space

if he goes through her shield and lands close she up+bs and then resets space

if he lands in front of her she up+bs and then resets space

none of his combos work on her and the match is 100% poking which samus is much much better at

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
spacing jolts could sheild stab for sure but i'd think they're smarter and would f-tilt or jab it.

also smaus can chain throw pichu which uis the dumbest thing ever unless you DI very well and they never check for DI. they still won't get punished, maybe you could nair really fast.

well very samus it's really hard to say what you'd do vs her sheild. I'd think a DD d-tilt would be safe enough. just less nair than normal no combos. jolts would be good for edge gaurd i'd think.

HOWEVER i've never played a great samus as pichu nor any for that matter but I was sheik once and somehow lost but beat his puff with pichu sooooooo there's a reason i think pichu isn't totally useless. but as samus I SWD a fair amount and play around with platforms a lot I don't camp enough nor at all really. my samus isn't that great so I can't say to much in this match-up other than theories.

also you've never seen how much of a poking game pichu dittos can be HAHAHAHA I can't rememeber the ast time I played a pichu ditto on a stage i can work with that didn't last over 6 minutes. super fast but very careful spacing. puff serious.

WAIT I could use perfect up-B a lot if I see smaus try to shoot a missle I could quickly up-B(low as duck) and maybe get an up-smash. yes I know there are 6 frames of lag for missles. have other theories I should test on people

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Sheik can't really kill pichu with sheik's chain throws to f-tilt fair edge gaurd on stages with good blastzones but not taking 80% is very nice. that and lower kill power is nice.

So pla sheik shouldn't be able to really kill pichu also at higher percents f-tilt fair seems to fail vs pichu. so maybe d-tilt is th only kill set-up at highish percents.

XAQ

Smash Apprentice
I have a VERY hard time beating my friend when he's ness. I just get destroed by his bat and chain throws. And my only defence agaist PK fire is shielding, because if I try to grab him then I will be hit by the attack

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
you know about any move beats PK fire right f-tilt/dash attack should beat it. also if he's batting you you're to predictable try SH 2nd jump back jolt. also DD grabs and d-tilts will work. Also I haven't really played enough nesss but it sounds like you need 3 things, learn the match-up, space better, and be less predictable.

I don't know much about the ness match-up so that's all I know. also I don't think ness has a chain throw on pichu not a long lasting one maybe d-throw JC upair regrab or tech chase. but shouldn't be a huge deal I wouldn't think seeing as he lacks set-ups others have. Really pichu has more set-ups and much moe range for grabs.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
If you're getting chain throwed by Ness' down throw: Learn to tech.
If you're getting chain throwed by Ness' up throw: Learn to DI.
If you're getting hit by PK Fire: Learn to space.
If you're getting hit by bat: Learn to stop being predictable.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
80:10 is an interesting ratio.

Ness has D-throw Dash Attack vs Pichu if he DIs throw away at some percent range. It's a pretty big one if I recall but I don't remember the details.

If Pichu DIs in obviously it's like Uairs or other aerials.

Not sure how Jiggs is so easy since combos and edgeguarding are Pichu's best traits beyond his movement game but whatever.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
only change I would think needs to be made is falco be made to 30 not 35.

also gannon is like 65-35 yeah hits hurt but you can combo him fairly well and if you f-smash him on the edge(not the easiest to SDI out of as gannon) it really messes him up plus bair ***** his ***** his recovery easy enough. pichu is good at avoiding everything and decent at locking him down and forcing him off the edge. I don't know I went even with sov. pichu vs gannon maybe if it were serious i'd camp harder and win more.but yeah gannon wins because you'll make mistakes and lose 1/4 of your stock after each mistake he punishes basically. jabs= 1/10 minus kill.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
How? Gannon isn't that bad I don't know I think I could tell how different gannon vs other people were from playing as falco, gannon, falcon and etc. beside dittos and falco pichu had it worlds easier than other people I played as against him and falcon.

but seriously you could camp him till you want to hit him in the face. d-tilt is pretty good also.

Also i'm not optimistic i'm realist I also fell off my bike in the grass and liad there for 15 minutes before I was to depressed to move. Really optimistic is something I don't think I am even if I see the glass half full. i'm realist like I said.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yeah falco should be 70-30 not 65-35. falco can really control you sure one mistake and you upair his to a painful combo and avoiding and punishing his lasers isn't the hardest thing ever but he has extreme control that isn't easy to break. also pichu's b-throw is more important than his up-throw I think I don't know maybe if I chain threw as pichu it would be an easy match-up.

Top Bottom