• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu's Match-Up Chart thread

t3h Icy

Smash Master
As part of the Melee Match-Up Chart thread, I've created a thread for each character board to split up discussion. Currently the Melee chart is based on a collaborative opinion on each match-up, while we're going to slowly move towards spreading the discussion.

For now, the Melee Match-Up Chart will represent both sides of what the boards think, so for example, the Fox boards and the Falco boards will both have their respective opinions listed on the chart, so (for example) Fox may be 50:50, while Falco may be 55:45. This will be similar to Rajam's style for the current Brawl chart, which seems to be working well and staying accurate. Perhaps afterward, we can try to trim things down to one value for each match-up, but that will be a step in the future.

Currently, there is no order in which to discuss match-ups, but I may guide them if needed.

This topic is for Pikachu's match-ups. The format is the standard 0-100 (including 5s). Any opinions are helpful and appreciated, and once there's a consensus for a match-up, I'll add it to the match-up chart.

Thanks.

soju

SD God
Meh, then let's start with Fox I guess. . .
I would say it would be a 55-45 in Fox's favor, anyone want to discuss?

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
i say pikachu fox is 45-55 . Pikachu (axe) destroys fox off stage so im hesitant to say 40-50

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
So....

I'd go on my rant on what SHOULD be going on here, but I won't...

but...

SAVE YOUR CHAT LOGS!!!
The development is more important than the final conclusion in terms of helping the community and understanding the matchups.
Hope you understand that... >_>

N64

Smash Champion
Axe is never around. Matchup progress has dwindled to a crawl. BIG POUTY N64 FACE. : ((((

N64

Smash Champion
it's done

Fox 35:65
Falco 35:65
Jigglypuff 35:65
Sheik 20:80
Marth 40:60
Falcon 45:55
Peach 35:65
ICs 30:70
Ganon 50:50
Samus 45:55
Doc 40:60
Luigi 40:60
Pika 50:50
Mario 40:60
DK 55:45
Link 50:50
Zelda 60:40
M2 60:40
Roy 60:40
YL 55:45
G&W 55:45
Yoshi 55:45
Ness 65:35
Bowser 65:35
Pichu 70:30
Kirby 65:35

N64

Smash Champion
puff had one of the greatest discrepencies among us honestly. Pika has the potential for earlyish kills with usmash, but that's really all he has in the matchup. Building up damage is tough for pikachu, as combos are essentially non-existent on puff. Edgeguarding jiggs is also rather difficult and dangerous, as her aerial mobility and recovery means she can avoid pretty much every edgeguard with good reaction speed, and can punish some (meaning now she's edgeguarding you). She's also one of the few chars that can effectively edgeguard pikachu. And potentially most influential of all, pika has a tough time getting around bair. He doesn't have much range or a good projectile, so he has to rely on his speed to get in and has to commit to his approaches. When he does get in, again, he'll get a nair and very rarely something else.

I'm alright with the result, though I can see it as slightly higher or lower.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I feel like upair is an easy hit against puff, but it doesn't combo, like you said, and it doesn't do much damage, so the point of using it is pretty moot.

N64

Smash Champion
been teaming with a falcon main around here lately. wrecks jiggs teams and does well against spacies. Gets owned by shieks though : (

Top Bottom