• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake vs. Toon Link

Underload

Lazy
Discuss the Toon Link matchup in here.

:snake: :toonlink:

Notable Posts:
It's dumb.

Toon Link has everything he needs to not approach Snake, and to avoid every grenade tactic that you're going to do. The only thing that Toon Link is lacking is that he has to approach to kill Snake. In this match up, it is largely dictated by who scores the first kill. If Toon Link is having to approach Snake to make a come back because he's behind, then Snake is capable of scoring a large amount damage. The converse is true, when you consider that Toon Link is going to spend the bulk of his time retreating in the air away from Snake when he has the lead, or if percents are even. Snake cannot kill Toon Link safely in the air, and will take large sums of damage to finally kill Toon Link. As long as Toon Link has a bomb in hand in the Air, Snake can't kill him with an aerial due to the Toon Link player just throwing the bomb down at Snake, or invinc-bombing.

Cooked grenades are nice, but Toon Link is able to disrupt Snake's camping game to prevent you from getting a solid handle on your grenade game. Snake cannot camp Toon Link. At low percents, Toon Link is able to combo Snake rather well, but Snake is able to dish out damage just as quickly.

I think it's 50-50, but I could be biased because I've played exceptionally gifted Toon Link players such as Hyro and Jerm.
I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate this MU, I'd rather play Lucario in this MU lol.
You look at any Jash/Jerm v. Fatal/Bizkit/etc., and you get the gist.

He's super jumpy, so you obv. never get satisfactory damage from ftilt (ftilt1 always just knocks them away).

DACUS is pretty ineffective as a means of punishment from areas long distances, since the place is littered w/ projectiles, and it also becomes hard to retreat with this. Nair is also iffy, TL tends to get damage on all of these options. I always see good snakes use this in the MU only to get zair'd/hit by a projectile then stringed a bit. TL can pull the rug underneath a lot of snake's attempts to hit him w/ an aerial in general lol.

I tend to like to use more vertically oriented grenade/mortar placings. DJ -> neutral/upward grenade throw's kinda useful in this MU to mix up a bit, as long as you obv. don't get yourself juggled in attempting to do so.

I've experimented w/ proning in this MU, it's not as good as I though it'd be. Decent for boomerang, bad against bombs and sometimes arrows.

Something I like about this MU is actually the occasional ability to harness TL's bombs. They are surprisingly accessible, since most TL's almost never risk doing bomb recatch shenanigans near your shield lol, and they're a pretty decent tool some of the time, pretty much a grenade that gives up damage/occasional stay pressure abilities for instant detonation on landing (most of the time anyways). Possibly throwing relatively uncooked grenades -> throwing a bomb somewhere among them -> profit? idk, I think there's some potential if you do happen to get his bombs after shielding them/insta-throwing them (not as common obv. as the former option though). Doesn't happen often if at all, but I think this projectile could really ease some damage racking issues w/ traditional grenade camping, especially on smaller/more neutral-ish stages.

if Snake does get a grab though, Snake is going to go to town on that dthrow tech chase. Even throwing him offstage to limit his options and set up a strong projectile field on the edge is a good idea.

I don't have a really good grasp of the MU, played it a lot but it's honestly pretty frustrating to learn when you can quasi-camp TL and when you just have to go after him (aside from stock leads of course lol).

55-45/50-50, pretty evenish
55/45 snake, maybe 5/5

tink is really good at keeping snake outside and its hard to camp him or get nades to work effectively, you have to approach and tink has alot of safe tricks/options to keep you away and avoid being hit, plus he has a whole bunch of dumb strings/setups that can lead to alot of damage if you aren't careful

it honestly just comes down to being able to powershield and avoid his **** well while doing your best to get in a few hits, I use alot of grabs/dthrow in this mu because its sorta hard to tilt tink,jab can also work pretty well too. its a really momentum based matchup that can switch heavily to whoever is in the lead
I would like to think that I know fairly well since I play with Hyro almost every week, and let's not forget that Lee Martin has a Toon Link that I play against as well. It's an even match up if the Toon Link player is smart and efficient. He should only be getting hit by F-Tilt 1 due to always being in the air, and the only time that he should be approaching is when he has to kill because he is losing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PIW-_lzhGQ

Fatal vs Jash. That's the best example of the Toon Link match up for Snake.

A good Toon link shouldn't be getting grabbed by Snake. If the Toon Link player is anywhere within the close range capabilities of Snake, then he's made a gross misjudgment of how to play Toon Link. The only time that TL should be moving forwards is when he has landed a Zair, or if he has his boomerang returning from behind Snake. The match up is going to feel in your favor when you're in the lead, but the moment you get down a stock to Toon Link it'll be an uphill battle, but the same is true for Toon Link. As long as he is forced to approach Snake due to a stock lead during a killable percent, Snake is able to have his way with Toon Link. Beyond that, due to projectiles, Toon Links kill moves are going to be fresh at all the times they are necessary.

As a character, Toon Link is one of the best at maintaining constant hitboxes on the field, and has a plethora of mix ups and mind games that can be utilized against Snake or any character. As I stated before, I've only played good Toon Link players over the years, from Santi to Hyro to Jerm to Lee so I don't really have the perspective of fighting against an average Toon Link.
One of my most hated matchups. Jash is really the only top TL I've played recently. If you count Remix, Melito, Izumi, and Copacetic, them too I guess. Jash is just a really good player, so I dunno how accurate it'd be to go by him for the matchup, but Fatal and I agreed that he makes the matchup feel impossible combined with our slight lack of knowledge in this matchup at top levels.

TL can camp with Snake, and sort of outcamp him if you aren't really careful about timing nades so that the bombs don't blow the nades up on you. Powershielding can mess up TL a lot, but it's hard to powershield EVERYTHING. Zair is probably the most annoying thing in the matchup, especially retreating Zairs. Get out of juggles fast, they hurt and do lots of damage at low %'s. At high %'s, TL probably gunna go for the Usmash KO if you air dodge land a lot. Watch out for Uair, it kills pretty early and is tricky to dodge, plus pretty sure none of our aerials will go through it. That's how I remember Jash killing me most of the time, just hitting me up and snagging me with a Uair. If you avoid Uair and Usmash, you can probably live until 180% quite easily IMO.

Some little tricks, dthrow kinda ***** TL. Almost as easy to tech chase as ROB IMO. Watch out for tricky get up to utilt attempts. You can avoid the second hit of TLs Fsmash sometimes depending on how you DI it or how fast you react, etc. Try to be careful about nade camping. Something Fatal and I thought of was less nades so TL's bombs don't blow them up on you (this happened to both of us a lot). Not sure how viable this is though.

Probably should ban BF? I guess it's players taste on this one, but gay TLs will camp the platforms of BF which can be pretty annoying. They also seem to like CPing Delfino. Matchup is probably 55-45 Snake. I don't think it's 60:40 if the TL plays gay as possible.
No I'm just saying that in previous posts there's like "oh grab is going to be easy", so I wanted to clarify that TL can play a very frustrating keep away game that is likely to only land you a grab by either:
-him making a mistake
-reading him near the ledge or something similar

-Ran

Smash Master
It's dumb.

Toon Link has everything he needs to not approach Snake, and to avoid every grenade tactic that you're going to do. The only thing that Toon Link is lacking is that he has to approach to kill Snake. In this match up, it is largely dictated by who scores the first kill. If Toon Link is having to approach Snake to make a come back because he's behind, then Snake is capable of scoring a large amount damage. The converse is true, when you consider that Toon Link is going to spend the bulk of his time retreating in the air away from Snake when he has the lead, or if percents are even. Snake cannot kill Toon Link safely in the air, and will take large sums of damage to finally kill Toon Link. As long as Toon Link has a bomb in hand in the Air, Snake can't kill him with an aerial due to the Toon Link player just throwing the bomb down at Snake, or invinc-bombing.

Cooked grenades are nice, but Toon Link is able to disrupt Snake's camping game to prevent you from getting a solid handle on your grenade game. Snake cannot camp Toon Link. At low percents, Toon Link is able to combo Snake rather well, but Snake is able to dish out damage just as quickly.

I think it's 50-50, but I could be biased because I've played exceptionally gifted Toon Link players such as Hyro and Jerm.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate this MU, I'd rather play Lucario in this MU lol.
You look at any Jash/Jerm v. Fatal/Bizkit/etc., and you get the gist.

He's super jumpy, so you obv. never get satisfactory damage from ftilt (ftilt1 always just knocks them away).

DACUS is pretty ineffective as a means of punishment from areas long distances, since the place is littered w/ projectiles, and it also becomes hard to retreat with this. Nair is also iffy, TL tends to get damage on all of these options. I always see good snakes use this in the MU only to get zair'd/hit by a projectile then stringed a bit. TL can pull the rug underneath a lot of snake's attempts to hit him w/ an aerial in general lol.

I tend to like to use more vertically oriented grenade/mortar placings. DJ -> neutral/upward grenade throw's kinda useful in this MU to mix up a bit, as long as you obv. don't get yourself juggled in attempting to do so.

I've experimented w/ proning in this MU, it's not as good as I though it'd be. Decent for boomerang, bad against bombs and sometimes arrows.

Something I like about this MU is actually the occasional ability to harness TL's bombs. They are surprisingly accessible, since most TL's almost never risk doing bomb recatch shenanigans near your shield lol, and they're a pretty decent tool some of the time, pretty much a grenade that gives up damage/occasional stay pressure abilities for instant detonation on landing (most of the time anyways). Possibly throwing relatively uncooked grenades -> throwing a bomb somewhere among them -> profit? idk, I think there's some potential if you do happen to get his bombs after shielding them/insta-throwing them (not as common obv. as the former option though). Doesn't happen often if at all, but I think this projectile could really ease some damage racking issues w/ traditional grenade camping, especially on smaller/more neutral-ish stages.

if Snake does get a grab though, Snake is going to go to town on that dthrow tech chase. Even throwing him offstage to limit his options and set up a strong projectile field on the edge is a good idea.

I don't have a really good grasp of the MU, played it a lot but it's honestly pretty frustrating to learn when you can quasi-camp TL and when you just have to go after him (aside from stock leads of course lol).

55-45/50-50, pretty evenish

napZzz

Smash Hero
55/45 snake, maybe 5/5

tink is really good at keeping snake outside and its hard to camp him or get nades to work effectively, you have to approach and tink has alot of safe tricks/options to keep you away and avoid being hit, plus he has a whole bunch of dumb strings/setups that can lead to alot of damage if you aren't careful

it honestly just comes down to being able to powershield and avoid his **** well while doing your best to get in a few hits, I use alot of grabs/dthrow in this mu because its sorta hard to tilt tink,jab can also work pretty well too. its a really momentum based matchup that can switch heavily to whoever is in the lead

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
Grab him,Dthrow him and laugh at the player

Also DI out of his smashes and DI his Usmash right so you can live until 250%

Crouch if he jumps close to you (zair) and ftilt or grab if he does a grounded approach

Lrn2Powershield
60:40 - 65:35 Snake

RATED

Smash Lord
It's dumb.

I don't want to be an ***, but maybe you just don't really understand the matchup when it comes to playing it at the moment. almost or everything you said there was good though.

80:20 snake

he ftilts rly hard and we die fast broken!~
lrn2punishpredictabletilts

Grab him,Dthrow him and laugh at the player

Also DI out of his smashes and DI his Usmash right so you can live until 250%

Crouch if he jumps close to you (zair) and ftilt or grab if he does a grounded approach

Lrn2Powershield
60:40 - 65:35 Snake
LOL a good TL won't ground approach a Snake...

I play this matchup more than any MU in the game. Snake has to be just really patient, just wait for an opening and try to get the % lead, when you have that... you can win it, since soooner or later he has to approach with a bomb in his hand OR he will try to rack up dmg with his proyectiles that are easily P.shielded , Punish his Upsmash, if TL back throws you to outstage, prepare to get ***** by Bair. when we have to land to the stage he's kinda annoying with his bombs and Uair.

Stage wise: I just say that something that fits your "comfortable zone" in the Matchup.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
60/40 snake if not higher.

another matchup, like lucario that we wreck but have to patient.

toon link throws a lot of confetti at you but you're snake. toon link only kills you if you phail at DI. meanwhile you're killing him at 95% and ****

also d-throw shenanigans

-Ran

Smash Master
I don't want to be an ***, but maybe you just don't really understand the matchup when it comes to playing it at the moment. almost or everything you said there was good though.
I would like to think that I know fairly well since I play with Hyro almost every week, and let's not forget that Lee Martin has a Toon Link that I play against as well. It's an even match up if the Toon Link player is smart and efficient. He should only be getting hit by F-Tilt 1 due to always being in the air, and the only time that he should be approaching is when he has to kill because he is losing.

A good Toon link shouldn't be getting grabbed by Snake. If the Toon Link player is anywhere within the close range capabilities of Snake, then he's made a gross misjudgment of how to play Toon Link. The only time that TL should be moving forwards is when he has landed a Zair, or if he has his boomerang returning from behind Snake. The match up is going to feel in your favor when you're in the lead, but the moment you get down a stock to Toon Link it'll be an uphill battle, but the same is true for Toon Link. As long as he is forced to approach Snake due to a stock lead during a killable percent, Snake is able to have his way with Toon Link. Beyond that, due to projectiles, Toon Links kill moves are going to be fresh at all the times they are necessary.

As a character, Toon Link is one of the best at maintaining constant hitboxes on the field, and has a plethora of mix ups and mind games that can be utilized against Snake or any character. As I stated before, I've only played good Toon Link players over the years, from Santi to Hyro to Jerm to Lee so I don't really have the perspective of fighting against an average Toon Link.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I'd say I know it and would say it is 55-45 if the TL is running hard like how they should be if they play the MU correctly and if not, 60-40. First kill matters a lot too.

Power shield everything, try to get inside, watch how you get juggled etc.

i played a toon link named slash a couple days ago and by accident i think i teched the second hit of d smash and was able to punish with f tilt. can anyone else confirm that this works. I don't remember much because of the pace of the match but i think it happen.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
This match up actually pretty simple. We both do stuff from far away, and we can both do stuff up close. But snake has more options in the close range fight mainly cause of his tilts and down grab. Tl also needs to get snake at a higher percent to kill. To balance it out though, us beautiful TLs have combo's that we can do to snake at low percent.

Then, after someone gets that first kill, that person just runs like a biiiiiiitch till the match is over

slightly snakes favor

GGs thread

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
One of my most hated matchups. Jash is really the only top TL I've played recently. If you count Remix, Melito, Izumi, and Copacetic, them too I guess. Jash is just a really good player, so I dunno how accurate it'd be to go by him for the matchup, but Fatal and I agreed that he makes the matchup feel impossible combined with our slight lack of knowledge in this matchup at top levels.

TL can camp with Snake, and sort of outcamp him if you aren't really careful about timing nades so that the bombs don't blow the nades up on you. Powershielding can mess up TL a lot, but it's hard to powershield EVERYTHING. Zair is probably the most annoying thing in the matchup, especially retreating Zairs. Get out of juggles fast, they hurt and do lots of damage at low %'s. At high %'s, TL probably gunna go for the Usmash KO if you air dodge land a lot. Watch out for Uair, it kills pretty early and is tricky to dodge, plus pretty sure none of our aerials will go through it. That's how I remember Jash killing me most of the time, just hitting me up and snagging me with a Uair. If you avoid Uair and Usmash, you can probably live until 180% quite easily IMO.

Some little tricks, dthrow kinda ***** TL. Almost as easy to tech chase as ROB IMO. Watch out for tricky get up to utilt attempts. You can avoid the second hit of TLs Fsmash sometimes depending on how you DI it or how fast you react, etc. Try to be careful about nade camping. Something Fatal and I thought of was less nades so TL's bombs don't blow them up on you (this happened to both of us a lot). Not sure how viable this is though.

Probably should ban BF? I guess it's players taste on this one, but gay TLs will camp the platforms of BF which can be pretty annoying. They also seem to like CPing Delfino. Matchup is probably 55-45 Snake. I don't think it's 60:40 if the TL plays gay as possible.

etecoon

Smash Hero
50:50 IMO

whoever gets the first kill has a pretty good advantage, and TL doesn't have to get anywhere near you until you're at kill % if he chooses not to, you have to be really clutch at kill % on the first stock pretty much

RATED

Smash Lord

As a character, Toon Link is one of the best at maintaining constant hitboxes on the field, and has a plethora of mix ups and mind games that can be utilized against Snake or any character. As I stated before, I've only played good Toon Link players over the years, from Santi to Hyro to Jerm to Lee so I don't really have the perspective of fighting against an average Toon Link
I agree with you, except that the "player's smarts" doesnt get to the matchup ratio and that's player dependant.

I play a good TL like every week, every tournament( yeah, we are jinxed to play each other ALWAYS) and I still think is Snake adv 55-45.

if you can avoid the trick Uair and Upsmash. You can live till almost 200% or 200% if you play careful.

AND yes I love TL's game cuz he always has constant hitboxes on the field.

but I agree with you in the insight of the matchup.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Or jash out played him.
nah, for one, he grabbed him a few times, and when snake grabs toon link it should either be a stock or tons of damage. fatal didn't seem to know this. or maybe he panicked or something

and he started out quite impatient in the matchup, but later got a little more patient, which is what you do in this matchup.

MJG

Smash Hero
A stock?? Lol. Be realistic please. Down throw is bad but it doesnt **** us THAT hard unless we are already close to killing percentages.

I agree with jerm, bizkit, ran and rated in this MU discussion for the most part.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
nah, for one, he grabbed him a few times, and when snake grabs toon link it should either be a stock or tons of damage. fatal didn't seem to know this. or maybe he panicked or something

and he started out quite impatient in the matchup, but later got a little more patient, which is what you do in this matchup.
WRANNIG

Theroy cartfing ahaed

Now what about stages?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
snake dthrow on toonlink can result in a regrab ON REACTION no matter what toon link does. no prediction required. he's the only character we can say this about. obv toon link can try to trixies with just lying there, or standing up empty. which is why its usually just a bunch of damage and not a stock. but with quick enough reaction this can be dealt with too.
you should at the very least get the damage from ftilt or a regrab more or less everytime you grab toon link, (regardless of the trixies of the opponent) his get up game is mad stupid

and I am experimenting in the olimar matchup actually. the only problem is his rising attack mixes up things, but i dunno the frame data for all that. but I do believe that we should be trying to 0-death olimar with grabs. and if we get good at this, we will definitely get a huge gain in the matchup

im terrible against olimar though, so i have a lot of work to do

but
carry on

also want to point out that I am in now way claiming that i know more about snake or the game than fatal. the dude is one of my snake heroes lol

etecoon

Smash Hero
olimar's get up attack is 15 frames, which is possible but completely unrealistic when considering that you have to be ready for other options too. people don't understand how much prediction factors into your reaction time, if you only have one option to cover your reaction will be much more consistent than when you have 4 or 5 options to cover, snake's tech chase isn't realistically infinite on ANYONE.

-Ran

Smash Master
Toon Links best option is to not do anything after getting grabbed but prepare to SDI your f-tilt. They might eat 30 damage, but they won't lose a stock over it. Once they are F-tilted, they are now out of Snake's range...again. Lol.

napZzz

Smash Hero
people have like, 5 options when they get dthrow'd

roll left, roll right, neutral get up, get up attack, do nothing, do nothing to neutral get up, do nothing to other reaction, etc

you cant really chase any of this on reaction considering how many options with similar looking animations and fast there are, its just that the shorter rolls are easier to time because you just need to grab without moving or turn around grab, no having to move and possibly mis space something

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
olimar's get up attack is 15 frames, which is possible but completely unrealistic when considering that you have to be ready for other options too. people don't understand how much prediction factors into your reaction time, if you only have one option to cover your reaction will be much more consistent than when you have 4 or 5 options to cover, snake's tech chase isn't realistically infinite on ANYONE.
Except Charizard, amirite?

DarkLava

Smash Rookie
well in my opinion to effectively do well in this matchup you need to learn to powershield his weapons, ALL OF THEM, or it'll be a problem. If you suck at powershielding chances of you winning aren't in your favor at all. Though, on the plus side we have advantages such as:

• U tilt kills early
  • Cooked grenades work well
  • Can last long (of course)
On the downside Toon Link's advantages are:

• Easy to combo snake
  • Ability to gimp with Fair (nothing to worry about though)
  • In a sense, can outcamp snake or eqaully be as well in camping
There are three types of Toon Link's i've come across.
  • Ones that barely use projectiles, if any (easy)
  • Ones that use projectiles sometimes, if they get done with a move, most of all Toon Links will play this way. ([Bair>Arrow]) along that line (normal)
  • Ones that game consists around projectiles and there timing when hitting. (tough but winnable)

Toon Link really has a lot of stuff to camp with. His arrows can reach across the map. His bombs are good with pressuring and boomerang can throw you off and cancel off your moves. So playing an away game is like taking a gamble, if your overwhelmed by projectiles you'll get *****. So stay at a medium distance away. Whenever Toon Link gets close Dthrow and tech chase or Ftilt. Utilt will probably be your favorite weapon in this matchup it will kill Toon Link around 100-115% somewhere in there. Dair, and Bair are also great kill moves.

When the match starts Toon Link will most of the time using some type of projectile to start it off. So don't DACUS or you'll get hit and comboed with projectiles. Jump in the air and strong throw a nade without moving, it should stop him from using projectiles then DACUS towards him when he's occupied with the nade (make sure if its a bomb that you wait till it blows up or you'll get hit). But if you get close and he reacts well enough he can Dsmash you and Snake will go off the side of the edge, so becareful until 15%. This is a good way to start out the match because it gets you close to Toon Link shutting down his away game. Stay as close as you can to Toon Link. If you get knocked across the level throw nades at him so that they'll hit and wait for him to stop and approach from there. If you can't approach him with a nade this is where powershielding gets helpful, shield the projectiles (harder than it sounds) or dodge roll towards Toon Link but this is predictable and is easily punished, so do it with own risk. If you ever find yourself being unable to approach by lack of openings, cook your grenades so that they'll blow up right near Toon Link while still airborne, if he shields just keep chucking cooked nades, until an opening is found. Now once you get close to Toon Link, use something with not so much knockback or if so something good at dealing damage. Ftilt and Dthrow is probably your best bet (Utlit whenever Toon Link is above 100%). Now what happens if you get knocked offstage. Only cypher if you can't make the jump without falling downward, or you'll set your self up for juggling or gimping. If you have to recover above stage, B-reversal all the time and expect a Bair or Uair maybe a Nair at times. You could Bair and it will hit everything except a Uair, Toon Link's Uair will win that battle. Now lets say you knocked Toon Link off the edge. His recovery is really good. Shield drop one or two nades or mortar the side and edge guard. Most likely Toon Link will make it back on the stage and if this happens he will hit the mortar or hit the nades with the last frames of his recovery, while your invincible frame is still up.

Good things to do during this match is one crawl a lot can go under quickdrawed arrows which most will do at times. Its good for evading projectiles and sometimes Zair. Shielding grabbing to a Dthrow is wonderous up close.

When you get close, Toon Link has these options:
  • Retreat while using projectiles.
  • Grab or PivotGrab
  • Use a smash
  • Bair>Bair>Bair or Bair>Bair>Utilt
  • Nair
If Toon Link retreats with projectlies, then DACUS to get under them because chances are they'll full jump it unless he boomerangs the ground. Now the grab is a risky move for Toon Links sense it is easily punished so dont expect it as often as the others , even though some will do it, just check how they play, it will usually reflect what they'll do. The other three can be shieldgrabbed, but if they bair wait a second before you try and grab they might be going for another one.

This matchup really relies on your reaction time. Powershield ALWAYS. Stay close but be weary of his grab and Zair. Cook your nades all the time or Toon Link will most likely just jump in the air away from it. DACUS is helpful to get near Toon Link just watch out for boomerang and maybe bombs. Airdodge wisely, you might get punished. Whenever you can approach, APPROACH. The move to really watch out for is Toon Link's Bair. His Bair will set you up in so many combos so be extremely careful playing close to him.

Strike: Once again dependent on how the Toon Link plays if they spam Projectiles strike Final Destination, and Smashville, if not strike Battlefield and Smashville.
Ban: Brinstar, Frigate Orpheon
CP: HALBERD, *****Battlefield(ONLY if they use projectiles ALL the time)

In my opinion each person has there disadvantages. This matchup though is dependent on how the Toon Link plays. If they barely use projectiles: 60-40 Snake. If they use projectiles sometimes but not always, mostly only to follow up combos: 50-50. If their game is based around projectiles: 45-55 Toon Link.
So 50-50 even.

napZzz

Smash Hero

next time someone says snake should be taking a stock or giving tons of damage from someones bad roll they're getting shot

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I don't think one can DACUS easily against TL, because even though he's really floaty, half the projectiles scour the ground level rofl. Most TL's either bounce their boomerang off the ground or shoot it in a straight line on the ground, arrows are almost always done in two's (the last one's lag is kinda canceled if done right) and bombs kinda have a short horizontal trajectory. Not only that but you have to deal with zair sometimes, and considering DACUS gives you like no protection, often times you're going to have to just powershield walk rofl

My one joy in live, helping make that thread happen.

Also, you cannot grab toon link on sv or fd, it's impossible.

Top Bottom