• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(PSA) Link Melee Video

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
the recovery reminds me an awful a lot like brawl. it should be tuned down a bit and it'd be a great step towards a better recovery for link.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
lol awesome hack

i would totally play this, losing dash attack and getting a reliable combo start from running? awesome.

up-b seems like he's caught in a gravity beam or something, how did you mod the knockback on it?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Looks fun, in an items-on-very-high-Mushroom-Kingdom kind of way.The Up-B is almost too long to be of great use, it seems to me- I feel like you'd run into the ness problem where once you get up, you're easily gimpable. Also, it isn't mentioned in the description, but I think the boomerang was given a ton more range.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Looks fun, in an items-on-very-high-Mushroom-Kingdom kind of way.The Up-B is almost too long to be of great use, it seems to me- I feel like you'd run into the ness problem where once you get up, you're easily gimpable. Also, it isn't mentioned in the description, but I think the boomerang was given a ton more range.
Yeah, I noticed that too.

L1ON

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure everyone's favorite thing about melee link is up+b while grounded... aka the SKRAAAAAAAAAAAAA ... is this in? or will it be?

edit: I'm talking more about the sweet sweet knockback of the move than the sound... although adding in the sound would be pretty ******...

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
honestly, there almost needs to be another teir list for these PSAS.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
WHat do you prefer, a lame Up b easy to edegurd or a ultrahigh overpowered (yeah, hits stronger) easy to edeguard up b XD?

Dan$inyi

Smash Apprentice
Ive always wondered what it would be like for link to have a good recovery.
But then i wount be able to use my upb as a killer combo finisher =[

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Dan$inyi, the new up b is more powerfull that the old one XD he still do massive damage and knock back, only in the Added vertical impulse he cant hit.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I think it'd be cool if it was like 3/4 of that height and you had to mash to gain height xD

aske91

Smash Rookie
this looks very interseting... if only they made it less vulnerable to edgeguardning and like Wenbobular said 3/4 of it´s height then it would be awesome. Link for top tier!!!

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
I was playing with danny and alpha, and yeah, is easy to edgeguard, but he has a lot of options to comeback safely: First, take a bomb, then trow a Boomerang, if you are hitted, the bomb will make you able to get back (And get another Bomb and trow another boomerang XDthe last macth, i was killed on 238 percent of damage XD)

darkfox15

Smash Cadet
Melee always will be da bess smash. Ssb 64 and brawl are modified to look like to melee.

Edit: Yes I made a big mistake. I´m so sorry!. Seriously forgive me plz!

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Melee always will be da bess smash. Ssb 64 and brawl are modified to look like to melee.
Um, you do realize that there are texture hacks for melee and SSB64 to make the games look like brawl, right? Now am I saying brawls the best game in the world, nope. Just trying to point out your logic does not apply because you leave out a lot of variables. You over generalization and that is a logical fallacy (forget the exact name I could look it up if you wish :bee:.) Anyway if your point is that melee is a awesome game I agree with you but it is not perfect and not all the hackers are trying to make the other two games look like it.

Edit: @darkfox's new statement: I forgive you.

@ Felipe_9595 Anyway I really am looking forward to this from my point of view it is practicably adding more characters to that 12 character roster. So keep up the good work Felipe! Best of luck!

Battlecow

Play to Win
There are so many great arguments and put-downs of darkfox to be made that my head is beginning to hurt because of all the clever things I could say, and it is clear to all of us that he is a truly mixed-up individual. However, I trust that this goes without saying: Any attempt to argue with him as if he was a rational human being would fall under the category of troll-feeding.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Ask danny : B

I dont know, he wanna fix some bugs from it.

NEWS: We got something like Melee Samus, the bombs send you higher ;D

Top Bottom