• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Nebraska Power Rankings Updated 5/9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Official Nebraska Brawl Power Rankings

Mission Statement

To measure skill and to inspire others in the state of Nebraska to grow their skills so that we may reward them with a power rank.

Panelists

-Gamegenie22
-Mai Hand
-MegaRobMan
-THuG
-Trent
-Tyser

Position Criteria

Tournament Performance!!!
It's not about how high a person placed, but rather who they defeated and who they lost to. Rankings take into consideration a person's collective performances over history and of recent times. If a person wanted to be considered for the Power Ranking, they would have to go out of state consistantly as well as beat players worth mentioning.

1. Trent :sonic:
2. MegaRobMan :wolf:
3. Tyser :dedede:

Honorable Mention:
THuG :metaknight: / :pikachu2:

Feel free to discuss the rankings in this thread.

§chizm

Smash Lord
This seems correct to me. Honestly though after the top three participation from anyone else is pretty nonexistant.

Also you guys obviously need a One Piece theme.

Trent

Smash Champion
We shortened it to top 5 due to that. I personally think Smeesh and Rob are dead even, except for the fact that Rob beats Smeesh. Hopefully this thread will help people kick it into gear and try to go to more OoS tournaments, as well as help seeding a bit for those on the rankings..

§chizm

Smash Lord
We shortened it to top 5 due to that. I personally think Smeesh and Rob are dead even, except for the fact that Rob beats Smeesh. Hopefully this thread will help people kick it into gear and try to go to more OoS tournaments, as well as help seeding a bit for those on the rankings..
Man I haven't played Smeesh in a lonnnggggg time.
You guys should try to get those random locals that Rob is always talking about to attend more tournaments or something.

Trent

Smash Champion
Yeah, Rob's been talking to them. Apparently some of them are going to the Omaha tournament this weekend.

Trent

Smash Champion
We've had a Brawl scene for about a year or so. It was just really small and I was the only one that really traveled far OoS. We're starting to build a bigger one now, as more people are interested. :)

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Do we really need this?

I mean, the only guys who really participate are the top 3 (4, if Sme3sh gets back in), and I didn't see a single person disagree with Tyser's assessment of it on Aura's board, so really... do we need this?

If we had enough people or enough debate between who the top players are, I could see this being necessary, but there's none, at all.

I also have to point out, that I've never heard of Pirah. Rob says it's Razor's other tag and, if that's true, I think he's a good player and a general cool guy, but he doesn't deserve to judge the NE crew. He doesn't have the basis to judge anyone; he hasn't played a lot of those people, let alone enough times to make judgments about anyone except maybe Tyser or Trent (who everyone agrees are the best two players).

Tomorrow

Smash Rookie
I didn't know you guys had a Smash scene. Hopefully we see more from you guys.
the nebraska melee scene is more active than the brawl scene. the melee players are also at a higher level than the brawl players by a pretty large margin. some of those melee players include JBM, Smeesh, and Echo who are still relatively active in the community.

Do we really need this?
supposedly it's for out of state seeding. better to have it and get good seeding than not having it and getting a bad spot on the bracket. thats what the main reason for this list is i think. other than that, i agree with you 100%.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Can I MM your entire state? lololololololol
If you seriously play Ganondorf I will money match you (and I don't ever take them).

Cool. Hopefully we see you guys out of state or at some larger scale regional.
You need to convince Tyser to come to more OOS brawl tournaments. He's usually too busy trolling. But I'll be traveling myself and trying to bring as many people as possible.

Do we really need this?

I mean, the only guys who really participate are the top 3 (4, if Sme3sh gets back in), and I didn't see a single person disagree with Tyser's assessment of it on Aura's board, so really... do we need this?

If we had enough people or enough debate between who the top players are, I could see this being necessary, but there's none, at all.

I also have to point out, that I've never heard of Pirah. Rob says it's Razor's other tag and, if that's true, I think he's a good player and a general cool guy, but he doesn't deserve to judge the NE crew. He doesn't have the basis to judge anyone; he hasn't played a lot of those people, let alone enough times to make judgments about anyone except maybe Tyser or Trent (who everyone agrees are the best two players).
the nebraska melee scene is more active than the brawl scene. the melee players are also at a higher level than the brawl players by a pretty large margin. some of those melee players include JBM, Smeesh, and Echo who are still relatively active in the community.

supposedly it's for out of state seeding. better to have it and get good seeding than not having it and getting a bad spot on the bracket. thats what the main reason for this list is i think. other than that, i agree with you 100%.
I think we need this if we decide to commit to out of state tournaments, or if people come here. GameGenie has been pretty good about wanting to go out of state and Thugz wants to as well so if we all stick with it things could happen and this will become necessary. and I 100% agree that Pariah shouldn't be here and no explanation is needed from me.

If we do have a 5 member panel, it should be either Dan or Aura, or at least Skizim for an Iowa player, at least he's played all our scrubby *****.

Great Job on the top 5!

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Falco the best character in the game son, n*ggaz can't reconize his greatness and his blackness and each player in Nebraska should have their own music?

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
If Trent and Gamegenie222 were fused together to make one person, Trent's thoughts on his placing at 1st would almost certainly be:

"ya'll uppity-***-******* is too slow up in here".

...just saying.

Trent

Smash Champion
I should move to Nebraska and take #1.
sck troll

So I've been looking through all the PRs, and this is what I've seen theme wise:

Phoenix Wright
Scott Pilgrim
Boxing/Wrestling
Pokemon
Mario RPG
Religion (Beginner's Bible)
Mega Man
Marvel
Yuyu Hakusho
Boondocks
Gundam
Teen Titans
Zelda
Final Fantasy
Megaman (again)
Marvel vs Capcom
Soccer

We should come up with a theme for ours.
I was thinking SONIC.
The archie comic series.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
sck troll

So I've been looking through all the PRs, and this is what I've seen theme wise:

Phoenix Wright
Scott Pilgrim
Boxing/Wrestling
Pokemon
Mario RPG
Religion (Beginner's Bible)
Mega Man
Marvel
Yuyu Hakusho
Boondocks
Gundam
Teen Titans
Zelda
Final Fantasy
Megaman (again)
Marvel vs Capcom
Soccer

We should come up with a theme for ours.
I was thinking SONIC.
The archie comic series.
One of these days Trent, we're gonna settle this. Right now you have the upperhand, but I WILL TAKE WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY MINE!!!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If I come I'll money match you (Ganondorf only). It's up to Trent. If you come to Fino's tournament TAS I could do it then, or whenever Kahoya me your moves #2, etc...

Mega Man
Megaman (again)
Marvel vs Capcom (Mega Man and Roll)
MEGA MAN Soccer
I vote Mega Man Soccer

Uli

Smash Champion
trent if i really wanted to i could make some silly picture for the rankings but
1. you are literally the only real active player at the moment
2. i fuucking hate brawl XD

maybe in the future trent ;P

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
If Trent and Gamegenie222 were fused together to make one person, Trent's thoughts on his placing at 1st would almost certainly be:

"ya'll uppity-***-******* is too slow up in here".

...just saying.
That is too good, Trent will probaly bring a chilli cheese dog and raisin bread to tourneys as well to pump him up and he will be too nerd at PKMN.

Trent

Smash Champion
trent if i really wanted to i could make some silly picture for the rankings but
1. you are literally the only real active player at the moment
2. i fuucking hate brawl XD

maybe in the future trent ;P
Omgawd. If you were to make a silly picture I would just adore it.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Double Post for importance.

I should move to Nebraska and take #1.
Do it, I dare you.

I think if I were to rank us based on out-of-state tournaments I would put me ahead of Tyser because he doesn't travel for brawl except Iowa, and they already know how to seed us, and I don't want to get screwed because "That's only Nebraska's #3" could become my nightmare. That all being said, this is my rendition of the Nebraska Power Rankings, Top 10.

1. Tyser-Hates Brawl, but Trent and I couldn't beat him 2/10 times so he's instate king.

2. Trent-Just because I beat him this weekend doesn't mean I'm ahead of him, he still holds a 3-2 advantage lifetime and we were going back and forth during friendlies the other day, even though those don't really count. He also did very very very very well at SlastV2 1 week prior, let us not forget.

3. MRobM-I'm getting better, I just need to figure out my hard match ups, or learn to counter-pick characters/stages better. I also really need to work on my horizontal spacing, I think I have vertical pretty well, though I have to quit getting baited into an air-shine, thanks for baiting that so often, Blank.

4. Smeesh-I guess he isn't taking this game seriously, but if he played peach he would have placed higher, and we ONLY CARE ABOUT MAINS, so here's to Smeesh, the Nebraska plateau mark.

5. DarkYosh-He's out of practice, but his Yoshi is still freaking terrifiying especially if you've never dealed with one before.

6. Math aka Nate-I think if him and DarkYosh played for a few hours on end Nate might become the better player, but that's not going to happen and Nate will have no idea how to fight DarkYosh, so I put Yosh ahead, but it's fair to say that Nate has been to a tournament and done well in one more recently than Jarell.

7. ThuGz-This might surprise some people, but I think it's fair to put him here, he did really well against me, and trounced everyone (SME3SH!) else until he lost to Nate in a very close series until he had to face a wolf who doesn't play like the one he was used to playing against. I know Trent was also impressed with his play during the Lincoln invasion tour on thursday.

8. Silver-I feel really strongly about the group of smashers 1-10, and I have a hard time placing you here because I know you are better than this, and you did lose to Schism and Trent, so it's hard to slight you, but I considering the last power rankings I think you are up a few spots.

9. Mexi-Not attending this dropped his stock a lot in my opinion, but he's still a viable candidate for 5th-8th place. He just needs to pick up a secondary character so he isn't playing as only Samus. Answering his phone might also help :p

10. GameGenie222-You need to go to the store and buy and Wii and Brawl. Also, get a license and come drive out to games. A consistent main wouldn't be bad either, because I caught you not playing Falco a few times here. Game Genie does come out of state with us, so if we were doing out of state rankings he would probably be #7.

Honorable Mention

BoredPeanut-Doesn't play Brawl, but could instantly become #6 in all honesty if he picked it up again. (LOL#1HONORS)

Uli-Hates Brawl, but has a nasty Ike and MK.

ShermantheTank-Is too busy to hang out with me :-( so he obviously sucks. Actually, Dan has gotten better at Vbrawl by playing a lot of B-, but he doesn't care. Maybe after midterms.

AuraStorm-Needs to come to smashfests, great opportunity now that you are 16 and about to get your license.

Devi-I think he's getting a house so we have a new potential place to practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom