• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& 64: Oct 23 - TRIP or TREAT! - Ottawa, ON

PND

Smash Champion
PND & 613 Smash Present:

TRIP or TREAT

Saturday, October 23rd

DOORS OPEN AT NOON -- EVENTS START AT 4 PM

- What?:

TRIP or TREAT, henceforth referred to as ToT, is a Halloween themed Brawl, Melee, and 64 tournament complete with costume contests, free candy, punch, and more.

- When?:

Tentatively scheduled for October 23rd, 2010. AKA, a week before Halloween Weekend. We're flexible though, and this date could be changed based on scheduling conflicts. We will keep you guys updated -- and don't forget to let us know what dates work for YOU

- Where?:

The Greenhouse, AKA PNDCrew's place. PM me for details -- as this is being hosted in a private, residential location we feel uneasy advertising our address on the interwebz. Just give us a shout via PM or wall post and we'll give you the address, directions, horoscope and MORE!

- How?

Rules are as follows:

64:
- All Matches are Best of 3, Finals are Best of 5
- Matches are 5 Stock, 10 Minute Time limit
- Brackets are Double Elimination
- Excessive Stalling is BANNED. First offense will get a warning, second will forfeit the match, third offense will forfeit the set.
- ITEMS ARE OFF
- Ties are determined by stocks, then percent.
- DOUBLES: Team Attack is on, Life stealing is allowed

Legal Stages:
- Hyrule Temple
- Peach's Castle
- Saffron City
- Dream Land
- Congo Jungle​

The stage of the first match shall be decided upon by the players of the match via stage striking-- however, if agreed upon it may be decided by Random. If a player plays Ness; he or she may demand a repick if Saffron City is selected as a random stage, however if the opponent is the loser he or she retains the right it counter-pick Saffron City.

Set Format:
- First match is double blind character selection.
- Loser counter picks stage, Winner can opt to change character, then Loser can opt to change character.
- Repeat if necessary until set is complete.

- ToT ONLY Rule: Striking shall be determined by costume. If a player is wearing a costume, and the opponent is not, the costumed player has choice of port priority and stage striking order. if both players are wearing a costume; or, conversely if both players are lame and costumeless, those factors shall be decided by RPS.

Melee:

- 4 Stock, 8 Minute matches
- Sets are Best of 3, Finals are Best of 5
- Excessive Stalling is BANNED. First offense will get a warning, second will forfeit the match, third offense will forfeit the set.
- ITEMS ARE OFF
- Any glitch that renders the game unplayable will result in a forfeit of the match for the offending player.

Legal Stages:​

Starter:
Yoshi's
Final Destination
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams (Singles ONLY)
Pokemon Stadium

Counter:
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Kongo Jungle
Mute City
Pokefloats​

The stage of the first match shall be decided upon by the players of the match via stage striking-- however, if agreed upon it may be decided by Random.

Set Format:
- Loser counter picks stage, Winner can opt to change character, then Loser can opt to change character.

- ToT ONLY Rule: Striking shall be determined by costume. If a player is wearing a costume, and the opponent is not, the costumed player has choice of port priority and stage striking order. if both players are wearing a costume; or, conversely if both players are lame and costumeless, those factors shall be decided by RPS.

Brawl:

- 3 Stock, 8 Minute matches
- Sets are Best of 3, Finals are Best of 5
- ITEMS ARE OFF
- Any glitch that renders the game unplayable will result in a forfeit of the match for the offending player.
- Metaknight's IDC is banned
- Infinites are allowed until 300%. Anything beyond that percent will be considered stalling.
- NO Ledge Grab Limit will be enforced.
- Suicide KO's are determined by whoever initiates the KO. They shall be awarded the match.

Legal Stages:​

Starter:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Final Destination
Battlefield
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Smashville

Counter:
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Pictochat
Norfair
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Pokemon Stadium 2​

Set Format:

- Why?:

Because Ottawa is ****in' awesome.

COSTUMES ENCOURAGED, BUT NOT MANDATORY
ALCOHOL IS WELCOME, B.Y.O.B.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
thanks for removing port town. that stage is balls.
im excited to see people dress up as their main.... yes, that should happen.

can i also get some more clarification on the suicide rule.
lets say im gdorf and my opponent and i both have one stock. what happens if i choke slam? do we go by the result screen which can go either way or is it always a gdorf win.

PND

Smash Champion
What does everyone think about moving this to Saturday and starting it around 1 or 2 pm?

I'm thinking it might be a better option, let me know guys!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, I know Saturday would be better for me, but I'm mainly looking to show up for chilling and some casual lulz stuff and that since I seriously can't remember the last time I started playing Brawl like ultra serious or whatever, so realistically I don't matter much in the grand scheme. :laugh:

buenob

Smash Lord
omg wtf bbq buenob confirmed???

hells yeah... I'll start wearing stephanie down... this is gonna be one week after I get back from MLG so expect stories, of the horrific variety!

PND

Smash Champion
Horrifying stories on Halloween? Sounds perfect :)

EDIT: Pretty sure I'm gonna run this by the roomies to try and get it moved to the 23rd. Seems like it's a better date for most people.

PND

Smash Champion
I was basing it off of the Revival of Melee ruleset. I'm down for changing the rules if it's requested.

Also, changing the date to the 23rd as of . . . NOW

Vanitas

Smash Ace
PND, do you mind switching it to MBR Ruleset? I think the Melee scene had a consensus that we would use the MBR ruleset from now on :laugh:
put me as confirmed for now :p I might get gimped by azn parents on the day before but im pretty sure i can make it to this

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Even if we use MBR ruleset. I think there shouldn't be any wobbling.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
^post it in the hd remix thread, more people will see it there and it may make the thread active.

Matt07

Smash Master
BUMP.

Still hope I can make it to this :), depends on how much homework I'll have! I really hope I'm free that week, I wanna see you guys again.

PND

Smash Champion
I wanna see you too Matt! This is almost more of a party than a tourney lol, but let's see how it goes.

PiKaLeX

Smash Journeyman
how many person are expecting to come!? i would likte to come to play with new people...im bored to lose to bam and vwin:p... seriously..im coming from quebec (that's why my english sucks...) and i want to be sure that there will be more than 10 people...i can bring also 3 vcr and 4 tvs... and 2 ngc...

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Doesn't seem to be determined yet.

@PND: You might want to specify "Kongo Jungle 64", otherwise I will gladly take people to Kongo Jungle with the waterfall.

Matt07

Smash Master
BUMPITY BUMP.

So me and this 'scrub' Lahti need some housing, we're not 100% sure if we're going yet, but we'd like to know if anyone can house us two!

:pow:.

PND

Smash Champion
Both of you guys are welcome to crash at my crew's place.

Thread getting a rehaul REALLY soon, now that I'm not blind any more.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Ill be looking to attend although I may only be able to show up around 5.

Matt07

Smash Master
Thanks for the offer PND, but we can't make this :(. The bus fee is quite hefty (around $150 bucks.)

Sorry guys but we can't make it this time.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
that sucks dood, way too expensive.

also mike, my girlfriend wants to know how close to a party this will end up being and if she can come?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Costume update

I do not have what I want yet and I'm thinking I probably won't get it ready for the tournament.
It's nothing exciting, anyway, unless I use bodypaint (which I won't)
If I do get it done after the tourney, I'll show up in it next 'fest, promise.
It's pretty much just an outfit but I've played with it in my head for the past year and just remembered it recently.

Top Bottom