• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RIT Tournament 9-25

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Melee Singles:
1. JesiahTEG
2. PikaPika
3. Minh
4. Vicious
5. eaode
5. Beta
7. Spamus
7. Juni
9. Amber
9. Flaw
9. Pyro
9. a nub
13. Snowman

Melee Doubles:
1. JesiahTEG + Vicious
2. PikaPika + Cura
3. Goggles + Rob
4. Minh + Juni
5. A nub + eaode
5. Beta + Spamus
7. Pyro + Flaw
7. Poofyhair + PikaPika

Brawl Singles:
1. PikaPika *Split
2. Goggles * Split
3. JamesG
4. Cura
5. MOSS
5. Tiger
7. Shamu
7. SMM1
9. 1337-0
9. Beta
9. Jackit
9. Riddle
13. Sheth
13. Chris
13. Dark

Brawl Doubles:
1. PikaPika + Cura
2. Tiger + MOSS
3. Shamu + JamesG
4. Chris + SMM1
5. Beta + Eevee
6. Double Hadoken (Sheth + Curtis)

Brawl-
1. Cura *Split
2. Tiger * Split
3. Shamu
4. Goggles
5. eaode
5. Phil
7. Beta
7. Sheth
9. BigDaddy
9. Jackit
9. PikaPika
9. Slashy

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
It was nice meeting you riddle, we only got to play a few games however.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
sorry i didnt get this made up earlier, I had some computer issues as I was going to do it. im actually typing this from another cpu that I commandeered.

shoutouts to

neil for losing to me in tourney (and than coming back and beating me lol)
james for beating all the mks so I didnt have too.
riddle for finally showing up to a tourney.
super mario man 1 for being 13, showing up to his first tourney, messing people up, and having your parents letting you stay out till after midnight. thats pretty baller dude. maybe you can work something out with yours and riddles parents so you can both come to the next one in syracuse, feel free to get in contact with me for anything you need.
eoade for being awesome, and for putting up money to play me. Nobody besides neil and steffon are willing to do that anymore, despite the fact that every says im bad. also, just work on not getting put offstage so much. also, I told people that I noticed you doing SIGNIFICANTLY better in tourney, now that you didnt have to play me first round. lol.
amber, for doing a cool drawing (although you didnt tilt the goggles over to the side) and for putting up money to play me (even though you owe me a dollar now lol) also, dont sleep on my other characters. I always play to win, so dont assume anything if I play you with game and watch or roy or something.
neil, for somehow being better at smash when you dont practice lol. also, you should do what I do and not focus on maining pika OR mk, but just play them both equally, thats what I did with sonic and falco and its working out really well. also, keep going pika if you want to beat me, cus when you do I tend to go falco more often than I should and thats good for you lol.
Rob for being once again an amazing teammate and mindgaming me into thinking that I do the easy work on our team lol More meatgrinders please! and get at me on aim or something some time so we can discuss strategy some more
yannick for being funny as hell and d tilt and d smashing my roy into oblivion. but dont sleep on my low tiers dawg, my game and watch be gettin it in.
the sol activity room for always making me play amazing smash whenever I go there.
sharky for being stupid at brawl minus, you act like you actually play that game outside of tourneys or something lol.
Random RIT kids for showing up out of the blue and being pretty cool guys.
MOSS for consistency, something not many people around here seem to have. keep practicing with me and keep up the solid play.
Burak for being funny as hell, you + me + yannick = 2 gud.
Slashy for effectively running 5 tournaments in 1 day. Thats legit.
Jesse, good stuff winning another tourney, sometimes I forgot why I didnt enter melee, but then i saw you and neil in finals, and I was like, oh yea, thats right, this game blows lol.
minh, good job with the consistent placings, but i think im gonna have to money match you and record it on jesses cpu to teach people how to stop losing to link. lol play more SF with me, Ive gotten better.

Call outs to

cura for losing to james G, and with your mains, no less. get handled. and dont ever talk smack to me. cus i getz dat monay.
yannick for not entering anything ever. stop punking out.
jason for losing to lucario. get blaped, wheres your planking at?
san for not showing up, me and neil would have beaten you today... =(
a nub for tryna steal my characters and than scrubbing out. lol. youre cool with me tho. =P
sharky, I sincerely hope you lost to people because they out played you and not cus you were sleepin on em. cause losing to people just cause you slept on them is the worst feeling.
James G for not playing our set on the recording set up. I wanted to record my falco match. and that match with my fox was like the best fox match ive ever played, like, im SOOOO upset that I cant rewatch that...
leet-0 for 9th place. mannnnn I know youre better than that, this placing is on some bullcrap, you better step it up.
Spamus, youre imo, one of the least respected, most underrated players in the region. but this is one of the very few placings that doesnt show that. You can do better.
juni, on some real talk, despite the fact that I beat you semi-regularly, I will admit that youre probablyy a fair amount better than me at SF, but you can ask anybody and they will tell you that Im CLEARLY better than you at smash. my friend Abraham Lincoln agrees with this as well dont talk junk if you wont put your money where your mouth is. =P
Pyro, how much longer are people going to let you con them into teaming with you lol. although you are improving a lot in singles

Eaode

Smash Champion
Melee Doubles:
1. JesiahTEG + Vicious - lol good **** at being beat by us first round therefore we win LOLOL
2. PikaPika + Cura - didnt play u guys (or pika in singles today either) but you guys are cool peepz
3. Goggles + Rob - **** it always feels like we can win vs you guys but we get *****. ggs brah
4. Minh + Juni - good **** on link in tourney minh, ggs those doubles were fun even tho first match we got gimped like 3 times in 30 seconds lol
5. A nub + eaode - two random scrubs, in MY tourney?
5. Beta + Spamus didnt play u guys
7. Pyro + Flaw - didnt play you guys either.
7. Poofyhair + PikaPika - LOL @ pika entering twice

Melee Singles:
1. JesiahTEG - good **** as always, you're mad chill and one of the most supportive and community building players ive seen
2. PikaPika - didnt get to play you
3. Minh - fun friendlies as always, for some reason playing you is like back and fourth ****, nothing inbetween lol
4. Vicious - this was...? That fox player I'm guessing? Good **** dude you know a lot about MUs and ****, gotta give me some more fox practice sometime
5. eaode
5. Beta - lol Jesse first round and i get a bye? hahaa stay chill brah
7. Spamus - LOL cant believe i learned the samus MU in one day and then play you in tourney. Good games all day man your samus is pretty ****
7. Juni - for some reason i always underestimate you, you're rough around the edges sometime, but you have a lot of real potential man keep it up
9. Amber - needs moar downsmash? good **** on those chibi portrait things haha those were tooo good
9. Flaw - ggs brah
9. Pyro - stop teching in place lol. Tipper fsmash too good
9. a nub - lolol pick up falcon
13. Snowman - dude keep coming out im sure your falco will be ****** us all in no time.

all in all great tourney, had a lot of fun and improved a hell of a lot

ggs to everyone i played in friendlies and in Brawl- as well, and that one random brawl match i unintentionally played with slashy hahahaha

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
sorry i didnt get this made up earlier, I had some computer issues as I was going to do it. im actually typing this from another cpu that I commandeered.
it no big slashy just told me to make it so i did.

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
JesiahTEG: I play Melee with you every day and learn something new each time. Hoping for more training sessions.

Pikapika: I'm pretty sure I've never played you before...ever.

Minh: Your Link's amazing

Vicious: Street Fighter's nice, but start playing Melee again more.

eaode: I love playing against your Pika, great friendlies as always.

Beta: Thanks for cheering me along, I'd love to get some friendlies in next time.

Spamus: Samus makes no sense.

Juni: You're so god**** good, you have a lot going for you in Melee.

Amber: Those drawing made my night.

Flaw: I chocked. :x

Pyro: I don't understand how you get enjoyment out of playing Roy. Great friendlies as always.

a nub: Awkward Falco dittos.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Good shiz Goggles makin dat money in Brawl. I'm also intrigued by these SMM1 and Shamu people. Interested by their placings, I wonder who they main as well.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Super Mario Man 1 is a brand new player, and this was his first tourney, hes actually the only one around younger than you bcb (13) and hes Really good actually. Mains olimar.

shamu is sharky.

a nub

Smash Ace
Still working on my game, I got this :laugh:

hope to hang out again with you guys soon. Props to ma dude armando for getting 5th. also props to my falco for mastering the steffon combo so quickly lol

a nub: Awkward Falco dittos.
yeah those were pretty awkward. we should friendly more next time.

so who wants to teach me the fawcks and sheeck match ups?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Alot of stuff was recorded. All melee no brawl i believe. But its up to jesse and pyro to post them up. Ill link them here once they are.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Some Brawl Minus commentary

Eaode: You seemed to play extremely defensively Zelda, which is fine, except you couldn't handle pressure and then kept getting comboed. When you switched to Fox, it was freaking amazing, that was like perfect tech skill right there.

Beta: I need to work on my Pit matchups against you, or find a counter so I don't get ***** by his side special.

Cura: Props to managing to get 0-to death on two of my stocks

Sharky: Pretty good, you are very good with ROB. I still think you should have used Bowser against Metaknight

Dr.G: Managing to get second place in a game you probably never played, and still managing to win with Metaknight.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord

Pyro, how much longer are people going to let you con them into teaming with you lol. although you are improving a lot in singles
til im good at doubles and i don't have to con people anymore

shout outs:
jesse- good friendlies, as always i'm glad to see that you give points to everyone and support people everyone in the region
pika- gj beating peoplez
steffon- i'm working my way up, i just need to fall for stupid **** less
minh- didn't play you. consistent placing as always.
spamus- thank god, for once in a ****ing tournament i didn't play you.
juni- holy ****, that was a really good set. i probably should have stayed marth, would have been my best option, but i really wanted to finish that as roy. i was so pumped during that game, i unlocked like super sayan mode with roy.
eaode- good job placing high, as always, get ****ing fsmashed.
beta- your fox got a lot faster, i need to work on beating speed along with predictions.
amber- gg's, it almost feels like you just have a small step to go before you really get good. if you focus a little more at approaching safely, i think it would be a really good start.
flaw- good teaming with you. good friendlies, although you definitely seemed rusty.
nub- stop teching the god **** gimps, just make it easy for me.
snowman- as always, you're a cool guy, you just need to practice against different people.

extras:
goggles-gj in barlw
slashy- thanks for running the tourney, talk to me or sheth the next time you or we want to do a tournament and we'll be sure to include any version of brawl you want as a side event.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nice job JamesG. Goggles, keep this up for next tournament, too. Which characters did people use?

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Shamuuuuze

Shoutouts: To everyone, except Goggles, who fought my Ness with some character they never played before, That. ****. Hurt. Everyone was like, "oh iz jus' leet, time to play my **** char.", not cool :laugh: J/K of course, I play random characters all the time. I just noticed I fought a TON of non-mains this tournament.
Goggles: ^Those guys avoided getting 3-stocked, Lrn2PT. Good seeing you again and awesome placement. I gotta practice more, gah I'm so ticked at my 9th.
MOSS: I, like, never fight you so you're the only PR guy I'm not used to playing. Nice playing you, I don't know what the **** happened when I played you later. No johns, I was just getting *****.
Sheth: Never got to play you, but your presence was known as always.
Sharky: See top of post
Cura: I beat a Snake so I can probably win now ya lol
JamesG: Nice work beating Cura
Beta: Sorry about doubles, I wished I could've stayed. We woulda *****.
Frannie: Barely saw you at all, good luck with the move!
That dude who let me crash until the tourney started (Eoade maybe?): Thanks for letting me crash and smash until the tourney started. The only time I beat you was that wtfail wall jump, that was too funny.
Neil: That wall jump tech was ****ing sick. I was all, ohno that didn't just happen, but it did.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Everyone used their mains on me except Goggles, who used space animals.

Not sure if I had a bad set or he had a really good one, but i got handled, I will admit.

It's probably best to change characters on me frequently because I have some of the best adaptive skills in the region. Just look at how I can handle the MK matchup compared to a couple months ago. :)

Nonetheless, great games everyone. It was a good time especially when me and Angel were doing some work in Brawl-. Maybe I'll do some actual shoutouts later if I'm not feeling lazy.

I will be ready for AXS. It seems like I am progressively racking up better results as each tourney goes by.

RIT tourney 1 - 5th
RIT tourney 2 - 3rd
AXS - 1st???

Coming for you, Sanford.

Edit:

Oh yeah and Goggles, not smart of you for going Sonic on Neil. I know you have pride in your characters at times but you clearly have your best shot at Neil when using Falco. Since you did that, instead of potentially going 2-0 against him and raising yourself on power rankings, Neil beat you 1-2 in sets for the day, hindering your chance of going up.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Props to ma dude armando for getting 5th.
aww yea *****. I'm pretty **** proud of myself, I feel like i got a lot better at this tourney, but its still a work in progress
edit:
I don't want no scrubs,
A scrub is a guy that complains that stuff is cheap.
Gamers of the very worst kind,
Graspin' at their pride,
Tryin' to john at me.
I enjoy this.
Yea I do have a pretty epic sig hahaha

eaode: I love playing against your Pika, great friendlies as always.
yea dude pika is mad fun. @ AXS I think my pika will be good enough to break out in tourney

Slashy said:
Eaode: You seemed to play extremely defensively Zelda, which is fine, except you couldn't handle pressure and then kept getting comboed. When you switched to Fox, it was freaking amazing, that was like perfect tech skill right there.
Yea my zelda falls apart when pressured. Lol @ decent melee tech skill translating into perfect brawl tech skill hahahaha

That dude who let me crash until the tourney started (Eoade maybe?): Thanks for letting me crash and smash until the tourney started. The only time I beat you was that wtfail wall jump, that was too funny.
haha i forgot about that xD good **** and no problem brah

SuperMarioManOne

Smash Rookie
Oh yesh, GGs to everyone I was able to play. =D

This was my first time ever playing anyone offline, so I really enjoyed it. I play lots of wifi, although I hate it. So I have a couple bad wifi habits that you may have noticed. :L I hope I can get rid of them at the next tournament, which I'll try to come to. :T

I wish my friend Razor showed up too. We do pretty good in dubz. :V Oh, and I'm usually a really quiet guy, only speaking when spoken to or if I really have to. xD

And thanks, Goggles. Your Sonic is one of the best I've seen. I actually main Olimar AND Yoshi, I was just kinda scared to use Yoshi in the tournament cause I wasn't sure how I would do. xD

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Smm1 you did really good hopefully you can make it out more. I think we played before on brawl friend codes but I'm not sure

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts when its not 3am, but just a couple thought I wanna get down before I forget them tomorrow:

Spamus, youre imo, one of the least respected, most underrated players in the region. but this is one of the very few placings that doesnt show that. You can do better.
I really appreciate this, Goggles, so thanks. And you're definitely right about this placement. No johns, but my head was not in the game all day. Count on me to step it up for AXS.

Spamus: Samus makes no sense.
Yeah, she's... interesting... to fight against. But you seemed a lot more comfortable with the matchup this time. You seem like you're really dedicated to the game, so I hope I get to see you keep improving. Honestly, comparing our matches yesterday to the ones we played 2 weeks ago... I was really impressed.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Oh yesh, GGs to everyone I was able to play. =D

This was my first time ever playing anyone offline, so I really enjoyed it. I play lots of wifi, although I hate it. So I have a couple bad wifi habits that you may have noticed. :L I hope I can get rid of them at the next tournament, which I'll try to come to. :T

I wish my friend Razor showed up too. We do pretty good in dubz. :V Oh, and I'm usually a really quiet guy, only speaking when spoken to or if I really have to. xD

And thanks, Goggles. Your Sonic is one of the best I've seen. I actually main Olimar AND Yoshi, I was just kinda scared to use Yoshi in the tournament cause I wasn't sure how I would do. xD
Oh, so it is you.
You should bring Razor to AXS, so I can **** him in brackets.
I wouldn't mind ****** you in brackets either.

Vibe from BFC, in case you don't know.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Everyone used their mains on me except Goggles, who used space animals.

Not sure if I had a bad set or he had a really good one, but i got handled, I will admit.
in all fairness, that was the best my fox has ever played, and I was so proud of myself. I even got the match saved on my unhacked wii since it was under 3 minutes lol. Ima try to have san upload it.

also, yea, definitely i give you props for apparently mastering the MK matchup, definitely keep practicing that, cus on the large scale, knowing how to properly fight him is going to be MONUMENTALLY more important than learning how to fight sonic/pikachu/fox/wolf/whoever.

It's probably best to change characters on me frequently because I have some of the best adaptive skills in the region. Just look at how I can handle the MK matchup compared to a couple months ago. :)
Who would have thought that my forcing myself to not use sonic/falco on you would expose such a weakness lol.

Oh yeah and Goggles, not smart of you for going Sonic on Neil. I know you have pride in your characters at times but you clearly have your best shot at Neil when using Falco. Since you did that, instead of potentially going 2-0 against him and raising yourself on power rankings, Neil beat you 1-2 in sets for the day, hindering your chance of going up.
Youre right, specifically vs neil, my falco does better than my sonic. but I like playing that matchup, its kinda like tradition for me. Ive been playing sonic vs neils pika for 2 and a half years now. and even though its a bit harder, i would rather play that matchup if hes content playing pikachu. you should have seen our first set. when he wants to Cp mk, than i go falco without hesitation. besides, even though it may have looked like i was getting ***** in the matches, most of them ended up being really close, and he ended up having to counterpick mk on rainbowcruise on the final game to win the set. so all in all, the improvement in my chances of winning by playing falco arent really so large as to make it worth it to break the sonic vs pika tradition since the last set ended up 2-2 anyway before he went mk on RC *coughdesperationcough* and falco wouldnt have saved me from that anyway. lol

Get in touch with me on aim or something, I want to talk to you about possibilities for the next tournament.
it kinda threw me off at first, but if youre enjoying yourself, I dont mind.

thanks bro, i appreciate that.

also, dont be afraid to play yoshi, as far as im concerned, your yoshi is better than sharkys and pikapikas.

nobody knows you stop pretending
lolgraped
VibeSylph: Now beating BluePeachy

i wouldnt be so sure about that actually.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Next tournament I'll probably have the Brawl Minus events paid by the venue fee, that way everyone ends up playing it and hopefully enjoying it.

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
Tournaments were recently banned in 49 of the 50 states. Unfortunately, NY was one of them. No tournaments until further notice. But ask around; rumor has it that some kids in Syracuse are saying **** da police and hosting something anyway.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Tournaments were recently banned in 49 of the 50 states. Unfortunately, NY was one of them. No tournaments until further notice. But ask around; rumor has it that some kids in Syracuse are saying **** da police and hosting something anyway.
All that's left......Alaska

Juneau it

Top Bottom