• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Badges: Hoenn badges and Kanto Rerun

Which of the following badges would you be interested in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Hey there! Sad you missed out on the first Kanto run of the badge project? Well oh buddy do I have good news for you.

We’re doing it again!

I’m going to keep things as to the point as I can with these posts since I have quite a few things I’d like to address in them. Let’s start off with the good stuff: Kanto pre-orders. Right now a full Kanto set is $30 plus $5 shipping (flat rate to anywhere in the world, because we wuv you guys). Same rate as we’ve used for Johto and Hoenn now, and it has worked out pretty much perfectly. But hey, say you don’t want all 8 badges, or you’ve already bought a set in the past and only want a few of the redesigned ones. Not an issue! Each individual badge will run you $5 (plus the same $5 shipping for up to 16 badges)

Recapping prices for those of you who like to skim:
Full set (all 8 Kanto badges) = $30 + $5 shipping, coming to a total of $35
Individual badges = $5 per badge + $5 shipping, which obviously varies based on the number of badges you order.

Contact Jon at Pkmnbadges@yahoo.com or IM me (Zac) at zbn1 on AIM if you have any questions about an order, and one of us will get you squared away.

Of course, it wouldn’t be any fun if we just ran the exact same designs as we did the first time, so here are the new design images

Note that all the lines have been changed from black to silver in these designs, and several badges have had a graphical overhaul to be more true to their original appearance.

Things are a bit different this time around as well, since we have a bit of competition from sanshee.com. I’ll take the liberty of linking you there right now (http://sanshee.com/store/product/gym-badges-generation-1). First thing you’re likely to notice is the cheaper price tag on theirs. $25 for a set, pretty decent. Problem is, that’s not including shipping AND quite frankly several of their designs are very lackluster. The way I see it, its worth the extra $5 to get badges you can actually be proud seen with (though I will commend them on their Unova designs, those came out beautifully imo). Plus me and Jon are real living breathing pokemon fans. We’ve put in our time EV training our teams, bred for nature, the whole deal. Your call!

A subject I have been very disappointed in was my handling of the Johto orders. I believe at this point I have taken care of all the missing orders, but thanks to just a massive pile of everything that could go wrong going wrong at the same time, things STILL aren’t 100% done. I have all the sets still on hand, and am perfectly ready to work with anyone who’s set never arrived. Just get in contact with me via AIM or email Jon (he’ll text me or something). The only problem is I don’t know who got their sets and who didn’t. I’m hoping you guys aren’t looking to hustle me any more than I’m looking to hustle you, so please just talk to me and we’ll get it worked out.

A little background on the PKMNbadges team:
-My name is Zac Nicholson, I live in northern Virginia and damnit I make pokemon badges. I take a lot of pride in starting this whole thing up myself and having it come so far, and also feel horrendous about the failure that I consider the Johto run to have been. But hey, live and learn. I stepped back from the project for Hoenn to bring a new member on board, Jon. Jon has worked with me since Kanto designing art, and we eventually have settled into a nice partnership on the project. I’ll let him write a little blurb here too, because I’m such a nice guy.

-Hi there, my name is Jon. It's really great to be a part of this project. I've been a supporter of it from the beginning, then eventually came to help work on it. I did a lot of work bringing the Hoenn project to life, and I hope everyone that was a part of it was pleased in the end. From here on, I'll be answering the e-mails and shipping out the orders. I'm also in charge of the pkmnbadges Twitter and Facebook, @pkmnbadges and http://facebook.com/pkmnbadges respectively. If anyone has any suggestions for this or future sets, feel free to lemme know.

That about wraps it up, though I would also like to remind everyone that we still have Hoenn and Johto sets left over as well! Get in touch with Jon or I to work out prices on those.

<-- My personal little collection of work, should give you an idea of how all three previous sets have gone.

Sorry for the long post, thanks for reading!

[collapse=Johto OP]Just as a heads up, these designs were made with the express purpose of having YOU pick them apart to make them better! So don't hold back, critique away! (check later on in the thread for updated designs, because I'm lazy!)

(Of these designs, the Hive, Plain, Mineral, and Glacier Badges will be shrunk to 1.25 inches while the rest remain at 1.5 inches. If you'd like it done differently, just speak up!)

I'd also like to state that orders are opening today! A set of all 8 badges and shipping to anywhere in the world is going to be $35, and individual badges will be $10 (with shipping included). I can combine shipping on up to two sets, but anything more than that I'll have to ask another $5 for shipping costs :)

YOU HAVE UNTIL APRIL 30th TO PLACE YOUR ORDER. ANY AFTER THAT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

I'll try to get some preemptive Q&A going here too:

Q: Why the price bump from Kanto for US and drop for foreign?
A: I wound up overcharging for shipping out of the country and undercharging in the US, mostly due to my not taking into account the costs of delivery confirmation and the fees paypal takes. I also added a few bucks in for myself, since running this and shipping out near 300 orders is quite the time sink haha

Q: I hate *design*! Can you change it?
A: Absolutely! Just let me know what you'd like changed, and I can have my artist take care of it!

Q: Can I still order the Kanto badges?
A: Yep, but they're running out pretty quickly now! Those are $50 plus shipping (they're the sets I paid for personally to resale, if you wanted the lower price you should have pre-ordered =P)

Q: Can I see some images of the finished product?
A: Heh, no. I thought about having some samples made, but that would have required me to bump up the price some, and so I decided against it. Once the designs are in a good place for everyone, I'll print out some paper versions (to scale) for comparison to the Kanto badges.

Q: I ordered my Kanto badges forever ago, where are they?!
A: If I've forgotten you (and I have forgotten people before), please please please get in touch with me and we can get it figured out. I'm not looking to rip anyone off here, but if I don't know you're unhappy, I'm going to assume you're satisfied with your badges!

[collapse=Old OP]Pretty much writing a new OP now!

So here's the delio, the polls have pretty much been scrapped now. The vast majority of the people who voted on those were just voting because they liked certain badges more than others, without any desire to purchase them. It did however serve as an excellent way for me to keep track of people who were possibly interested, so I recently sent out PM to everyone on both of the polls.

The results were extremely surprising. I figured we'd have all the people who already expressed interest in a set still want one, and at best half of the people who voted to want a single badge.

I was wrong in like the best way ever. I've had a TON more people ask for sets now (I'll put their names in the OP below), and as a result the price is already lower than it was with my predictions I made with the polls.

A set is currently $27.83

Here's the designs too!

And here's the list of people who are interested in a set currently, as well as anyone who is interested in something other than a set:
-The Paprika Killer - Set
-Junglefever - Set
-Hungry Moth - Set
-Stockfield - Set
-Wave+ - Set
-Meno - Most popular badge
-Fuelbi - Thunder Badge
-Sephiroths Masamune - Volcano Badge
-Sonic Storm - 2 Sets
-Myself - 2 Sets
-Joe(younger brother) - Set
-IRL Friend - Set minus Earth Badge (already got one when I made them before)
-Sasukebowser - Set
-rPSI - Set
-Ultimario - 2 Sets
-Fragbait - Set
-Chill - Set
-Composer - Thunder Badge/Set?
-xLeafybug =D - Set
-TKO272 - 2 Sets
-sH33n - Set
- -Rei- - Set
-S.O.L.I.D - Volcano and Thunder Badges
-Urdailywater - Set
-GwJumpman - Set
-Ni Hao Nyan - Set/2 Sets
-Tomo Takino - Rainbow, Thunder, and Earth Badges
-Golden-Psycho - Set
-Zen - Set
-Sir Bedevere - Set
-IRL Friend - Set (My brother and I are splitting the cost and giving it to him as a gift)
-UTDZac - Set
-Tom - Set
-Cheez - Set
-Tamoo - Set
-IRL Friend - Set
-IRL Friend - Set

That's 35 sets currently! Lets keep getting people interested and shoot for $25 next!

I originally made this thread in the DR, but then I realized that was pretty dumb and I should make it here, in the boards DEDICATED to pokemon

Also this is try #2 since I managed to forget to do the poll right, sorry Wave+!

Alright, for those of you who don't know, a few months ago I went through a surprising amount of work to have this made:

A thing of beauty, no? I've very satisfied with how these turned out. But there was a downside... because I only wanted 25 or so, the cost ended up being $113.50 (shipping included), which comes out to about $4.50 per badge. Unfortunately for me, I neglected to find 25 people who were interested in these, and I ended up giving them to friends for free mostly, and taking the debt in stride.

But then a thought occurred to me, who would be interested in these? Smash Boards, of course! So basically I'm proposing that I go through the process again with a different badge and ask if you guys are interested. Now I have no preference as to which badge I have done, except that its one of the Kanto badges based off of the ingame design. (refer to the link below for the designs)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...#Indigo_League

Now, let me explain how I'd be paying for these.

-Each pin costs $1.50 a piece to be produced (they're 1.5 inches long)
-It costs $50 to just set up the design/machine that produces them
-There's an additional $20 added to the price if the number of badges I order is under 100

So pretty much the more people I get interested in this, the less money it costs each of them. Like if I were to order 100, it would cost $150 for the pins, $50 for setup, and the $20 is waived. That comes to $200 for 150 pins, so like $1.33 for each. I'd ask that you pay for shipping and handling too, which shouldn't be outrageously expensive if you use the right kinds.

Some last minute notes:
-For the Boulder Badge, I'd want to make the center slightly raised to stay true to the design. However, that raises the $50 setup to $100. So its a question of whether or not you guys want a raised center that looks hella cool for more money or a 2d design for less
-For the Rainbow Badge, they only cover 6 colors for no cost. It'd be slightly more expensive for each badge that way, but I can't really omit those colors of course
-Shipping would be whatever option you choose yourself, and I think the most expensive one is something like $4.50.
-The Earth Badge isn't on the poll because I already made it once =P

So yeah, interested?

NEW OPTIONS***
In order to make 25 full sets, I'd have to charge $34.40 per person plus shipping
Being generous with shipping (lets say its an outrageous $5.60), that comes out to $5 per badge exactly. Not a horrible deal, actually.

Now if we were to get like 45 people interested in 45 sets, the price drops to $24.45 per person
With shipping, it'd be no more than $30.00, which is $3.75 per badge.

Wow, those are actually pretty good sounding. BUT, there is a problem.

Even at the 25 set mark, I'd have to pay $860 out of pocket, and I don't have that kind of money (much less the $1100 at 45 sets)

The only solution I can foresee would be ASKING FOR THE MONEY UP FRONT

Now I put a lot of emphasis on that because I know its risky paying money like that when I wouldn't have anything even ordered yet (you pay before they start production). Now, I have been a member of this site for 4 years now, and I would be more than willing to give my phone number/address to anyone who would be willing to partake in this.

There is no poll option for this, but I'm going to copy/paste it into the OP. Please PM me or post if you'd be willing to participate in this, and I'll get back to you.
PEOPLE WHO HAVE EXPRESSED INTEREST IN THE ENTIRE SET:
-Junglefever
-Rei
-rPSI
-Ultimario
-TPK
-Fragbait
-Chill
-GwJumpman
-Tamoo
-Wave+
-Stockfield (possibly 2)
-Leafybug
-Moth
-Cheez
-Shimazu
-sH33n
-Myself (2 sets cuz i'm no casual)
-My brother
-An IRL friend
[/collapse][/collapse]

M.K

Level 55
I would definitely be interested in a Cascade Badge. Always my favorite looking badge!

However, did you get permission from JV to approve this? I'm not sure if selling things over SWF is allowed without approval. I'm definitely not going to close this because I think it's a wonderful gesture to the community and it definitely looks like you put your work into it, but if you could get some type of approval before continuing, that would be just great and I'd love to keep this open.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I have permission from Mic to make the thread, and waiting for JV's reply in case its not okay.

I covered my bases haha

UncleSam

Smash Master
If I were to have ANY badge I'd get the relic badge, but since it's kanto only...
this is a great idea btw.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
So we're looking at around $15 for a full set?
That depends on how many people we get interested haha. I'm not doing this for profit, so you guys will get the lowest possible price I can give.

Right now though, the plan is to take whatever badge gets the most votes and produce that one. If it goes well, I'll do another, and so on until they're all made hopefully

That $15 estimate is based off getting a very high number of people interested (around 100) , and you should probably look at how shipping and handling will bump up the price depending on what kind you choose.

I just don't want there to be any surprises for you guys cost wise haha

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'd only be really interested if I could buy the whole set. It'd look amazing to have all 8 Gym Badges.

Heck, I might even buy two sets, and occasionally give a IRL friend one if they can manage to beat me good in Battles hahaha.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I don't blame you at all Ulti, maybe after this whole project is done I'll offer entire sets.

Though that's assuming
1. I'll even make it to the end
2. I decide to make more Earth Badges

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I was interested until I got to the part about me giving someone else my money.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Well seeing as how I'm fully expecting to lose a bit of money doing this, I don't think you should be too upset haha

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Assuming I got the full set, I'd gladly shell out $3 a badge, it'd let me get two sets while staying under $50.

If I have to pay more, I'm OK with that too, I just wouldn't get two sets, only one.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Mostly because I already made it haha

Sorry man! I guess I should have made more of them in retrospect

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Reluctant to.

Remember I want these badges too haha

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
So, how will we pay you? Paypal? Money Order?

This looks like a once in a lifetime opportunity! I've NEVER seen a badge for sale ANYWHERE and for an awesome price and quality from the looks of it!:bee:

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I honestly am open to any form of payment, within reason of course haha

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
If you can get me pokedollars I will seriously consider it haha

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I honestly am open to any form of payment, within reason of course haha
Oh word?? Sign me up then! I'm not sure what badge I'd want but ANY badge will be awesome. I voted Cascade, though.:)

Edit: So by pin you mean there will be something behind the badge so you can attached to something? Say your shirt/bookbag?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Its... how do describe it...

like an earring?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Alright, well at least thats cleared up now.

Cascade badge is making a strong comeback, and I'm beginning to consider doing the top two badges at one time if enough interest is generated

Chill

Red
BRoomer
If I could only have one badge I would want it to be Giovanni's. However, I would love to have the entire set depending on cost. Even if you end up not doing enough for the full set send me a pm or something to let me know how much it would cost to have all of them.

If the earthbadge is not an option I vote for both Volcano badge and Cascade badge.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
In order to make 25 full sets, I'd have to charge $34.40 per person plus shipping
Being generous with shipping (lets say its an outrageous $5.60), that comes out to $5 per badge exactly. Not a horrible deal, actually.

Now if we were to get like 45 people interested in 45 sets, the price drops to $24.45 per person
With shipping, it'd be no more than $30.00, which is $3.75 per badge.

Wow, those are actually pretty good sounding. BUT, there is a problem.

Even at the 25 set mark, I'd have to pay $860 out of pocket, and I don't have that kind of money (much less the $1100 at 45 sets)

The only solution I can foresee would be ASKING FOR THE MONEY UP FRONT

Now I put a lot of emphasis on that because I know its risky paying money like that when I wouldn't have anything even ordered yet (you pay before they start production). Now, I have been a member of this site for 4 years now, and I would be more than willing to give my phone number/address to anyone who would be willing to partake in this.

There is no poll option for this, but I'm going to copy/paste it into the OP. Please PM me or post if you'd be willing to participate in this, and I'll get back to you.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Are these things like....legal? Seems like a ba idea, but this **** could be copyrighted by Nin10do

M.K

Level 55
They aren't exact replicas. I would assume Nintendo has copyrights over the design, but since these aren't exact replicas, it's kinda like painting a mouse yellow and throwing it at a sparkplug.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm sure Nintendo is monitoring this site to make sure no one is making badges from a game that came out 12 years ago.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Chill and Meta both raise very good points there.

The combined polls are still showing the Thunder Badge in First, trailed closely by the Volcano Badge, and then by the Cascade Badge.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Well, at $40 for a set, I'd def get one if I can get my parents to paypal it (curse youngness!), maybe even two still with that price if I see a picture of the whole set and the quality looks good enough.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'm going to update the OP with people who have expressed interest in the whole set since the update was made, if'n you don't mind

If you want me to take your name down just PM me

Top Bottom