• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Checkmate Monthlies :Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
New monthlies will be starting in the UK soon to go along with the London monthlies. More info will be posted shortly.

EDIT: this will be a Brawl ONLY monthly.if we do decide to make this a two day event,then it is possible for someone to host melee on the second day.This will not be aloud if the arguments continue!

As soon as Siri sorts out this hall ill start setting it up as soon as possible.if he takes to long ill ask fuzzys permission to use his hall.Bare in mind he says he has found one and will be looking it up in more detail soon.

If members of the community has any advice or things they want to see at this tournament then post it here.I would also like for players to try and design some smash posters maybe so that i can advertise this tournament.If not ill have to try myself which will take longer.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
this would be great lol

I want birmingham + midlands + scotland to get started doing things too, I cant be running everything seriously :/

I wanna host GT4 atm, so its looking grim for brawl again ~_~

Calzorz

Smash Lord
I wanna host GT4 atm, so its looking grim for brawl again ~_~
lol i really dont care if u stop including brawl at ur monthlies id prefer it , ppl in europe want to travel to u.k for a BIG BRAWL tourny not melee , so gt4 would just be u.k melee players with same results as monthlies no big names to even try beat

also if u wana get these monthlies actually going cloud make sure this thread was made for a reason and if u want more than a 25 turnout the brawl scene should work together with posters and stuff like they do in france and holland to advertise there scene is as big as 80 turnout for brawl only monthlies

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool At your negativity Calzors, he didn't even say anything about not hosting Brawl at Monthlies, he's already explained in the past that he needs it to pay for the venue as both games by themselves are not enough :confused:

And GT tournaments has always been a Melee only UK National Tournament so it's going to remain that way obviously and the Melee community to be fair wants it that way as brawlers would prob want if they were to consistently host a sucessful Brawl UK Tournament.....they wouldn't want melee put in.

But lul at your 'I don't care but it's really hurting my feelings' rant.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
loool At your negativity Calzors, he didn't even say anything about not hosting Brawl at Monthlies, he's already explained in the past that he needs it to pay for the venue as both games by themselves are not enough :confused:

And GT tournaments has always been a Melee only UK National Tournament so it's going to remain that way obviously and the Melee community to be fair wants it that way as brawlers would prob want if they were to consistently host a sucessful Brawl UK Tournament.....they wouldn't want melee put in.

But lul at your 'I don't care but it's really hurting my feelings' rant.
if all brawlers agree not to turn up to the monthlies i wont come , just so u guys go in debt everytime u host

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Melee f*cking sucks anyway, its basiclaly spam one move til u get a ***** hit, then follow it up with obvious ****, same sh*t over and over again.

Stop the flames please, otherwise infractions will be handed out.

./typical mod response.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
if all brawlers agree not to turn up to the monthlies i wont come , just so u guys go in debt everytime u host
Please do this then, I know you don't have the power to do it so I would like to see your poor attempt.

Cos Brawlers don't have anythingelse except for little smashfests lol, but I look forward to your attempt :)

rustediron

Smash Lord
lol at soft boycott threat, it would only lead to maybe a £2-3 increase in venue fee.
Equally, it would still be more than a little gay, please don't try it, it really doesn't help anyone, you're a little bit of a ****tard for suggesting it.

Cloudrain:
If you've found a good venue, give the rest of the community a heads up.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
This topic reeks of stupidity.

Regardless, good luck running these, hopefully it goes well.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I dont like these pointless arguments, I have nothing against any community or anyone.

You guys should show some respect cause you think its just easy to run these events? I've lost about £300-400 this year on these events -_- SNY and my monthlies

I'm supporting the brawl community and you'd prefer me not to? whats wrong with you calzors -_- you find it funny when I lose money too?

I either didnt earn money last time or lost money, want to know why? Because I put £40 on the community out of respect to get the ****ing t.vs there, kone got screwed, I got screwed and I could've just said "**** you guys the monthly is off"

if you want to know facts I only have £30 in my bank account right now and I cant even afford to pay for the venue fee deposit, even traveling to uni by train is gonna be most of that

seriously screw you, im having a bad day

aside my rage, host these

rustediron

Smash Lord
Until I find somebody to make me an accurate Melee player list, it will remain closed.
Eh? The one there was fairly accurate already, wasn't it?

I dont like these pointless arguments, I have nothing against any community or anyone.

You guys should show some respect cause you think its just easy to run these events? I've lost about £300-400 this year on these events -_- SNY and my monthlies

I'm supporting the brawl community and you'd prefer me not to? whats wrong with you calzors -_- you find it funny when I lose money too?

I either didnt earn money last time or lost money, want to know why? Because I put £40 on the community out of respect to get the ****ing t.vs there, kone got screwed, I got screwed and I could've just said "**** you guys the monthly is off"

if you want to know facts I only have £30 in my bank account right now and I cant even afford to pay for the venue fee deposit, even traveling to uni by train is gonna be most of that

seriously screw you, im having a bad day

aside my rage, host these
Don't mean to be cynic, but how much have you earned winning them?
And open a student account, free £1000+ interest free overdraft :p

I thought so too. But even if it isn't 100% accurate is that worth closing the thread?
According to many Melee players, their list was not accurate. Then when I asked for someone to make me a list, nobody stepped forward except yourself and The Filth. Then people moaned about the list further.

So yes, it is worth closing the thread. You can still view the topic, so go through that list and take out/put in names which you know should/shouldn't be there, our Brawl list is up to date already since I could do that, so don't worry about that one. Once I can get a confirmation from Fuzzy and Yeniths that the list is 100% accurate, I will reopen the thread.

Also <3 Fuzzy.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Or just ask me :D

王手[oute], traditional shogi term, sometimes used when playing chess for checkmate. Otherwise, just チェックメイト[chekkumeito].

rustediron

Smash Lord
According to many Melee players, their list was not accurate. Then when I asked for someone to make me a list, nobody stepped forward except yourself and The Filth. Then people moaned about the list further.

So yes, it is worth closing the thread. You can still view the topic, so go through that list and take out/put in names which you know should/shouldn't be there, our Brawl list is up to date already since I could do that, so don't worry about that one. Once I can get a confirmation from Fuzzy and Yeniths that the list is 100% accurate, I will reopen the thread.
The highlighed players are wrong, the list is mostly fine save one or two errors (like Willz isn't good enough to be recognised as a melee falcon player, tbh; BACK TO BRAWL SON).

The highlighed players are wrong, the list is mostly fine save one or two errors (like Willz isn't good enough to be recognised as a melee falcon player, tbh; BACK TO BRAWL SON).
That is not helpful to me in the slightest. Anyway, if you wish to continue this discussion, please do feel free to PM/VM me, don't continue it in this thread.

Keep the discussion strictly to helping Cloud with his monthlies / obtaining information or don't post at all (this is to everyone btw).

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
And how many times have u pissed people off? xD

AND NOT APOLAGIZED FOR IT
I insulted people about them playing a game loool...

He insulted/was rude to someone who has put their own money and time to organize events at his own expense and then travelled to his event only to continue to not show respect to the effort he has made....

But from your statement I guess you think they're on the same level....
Brawlers logic I guess...:confused:

rustediron

Smash Lord
There's never been a time when Prof has said anything which justifies getting pissed off at, whereas Calzorz was just generally being a **** to Charles, despite the time, money and effort he's put into sustaining your rather ungrateful community.

Besides, you're committing a tu quoque fallacy. Prof can demand an apology if he feels he's justified in doing so, regardless of whether there may be any hypocrisy involved in making such a demand.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Blahblah blah blah, blahblahblah, blahx2, blah blah blahblah.

BLAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! blahhblahh?
Reported for spam, lol.

Regardless, forthcoming information about these monthlies would be much appreciated, Cloudrain(?) :)

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention it after your game with bishkin, but you need to learn how to edgeguard spacies better, especially Falco. He was making a lot of recoveries he really shouldn't have been able to make. Also work on finishing your combos properly against Falco, he's dead meat as long as you have him offstage, it really quite helps. Even just something as simple as an uthrow->fsmash can lead to a kill if the falco DIs badly.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool @ Brawlers when they get put in their place and proceed with poor comebacks...your community is very ungrateful and needs to step it up and you're obviously ungrateful as well Anaky with showing partial acceptance with Calzors approach to the situation......Learn some basic manners plz.

And also I love you Hugo :)

Also I would very much like some information about this smashfest for the near future please :)

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Lol what comeback did i need to make? Have any of my posts in this thread been serious? Re-read them and tell me which is srs.

Also i dont play Melee so i dont know how to do alot of things in it.

Guys end the bickering. Any posts after this one regarding the arguement WILL be infracted, showing this kind of attitude in a new thread regarding monthlies is appauling. We are not going to attract more new names if we keep up that kind of attitude.

Cloud, can you keep us updated on the status of these monthlies? Perhaps you could talk to Charles in regards to how he got his TVs, venue plannings etc etc.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
t.vs are easy to get, bootsales (lol winter) gumtree and garbage dumps. Even ebay you can get a lot of CRT t.vs for cheap if you pick them up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom