• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super DSO 3! (aka DSO14) Saturday October 9th ~ Philadelphia, PA!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

SUPER DSO III
aka DSO XIV

DATE

Saturday - October 9, 2010

ADDRESS and VENUE INFORMATION

You guys all know the venue, it's the classic location for DSO tournaments!

3301 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104

YOU MUST HAVE A PHOTO ID TO ENTER THE VENUE
Any kind of photo ID works, even a school ID

It's a 3 story tall beige-ish dorm building with some trees out front, it won't be hard to find. Once you go in give your ID to the person at the front desk and make a right past the gate. Make a left down the first hallway and go straight and you'll walk right into the room!

PARKING
Parking is easy on Saturdays. Most parking meters in the area are disabled. Look for signs on the block you are parking on, if it says something along the lines of Except Saturday & Sunday, then you are fine to park there for free!

FOOD
Next door to the venue is a Currito Burrito (Qdoba/Chipotle clone), a Subway, and a Chik-fil-a! There is also a 7-11 about 2 blocks away.

TIME

You can get to the venue as early as 11:00am
Signups will start at around 11:30am
Doubles will start at around 12:00pm
Singles will start after doubles

Don't be late!

PRICES and EVENTS

$5 Venue Fee
$20 per Team for Brawl Doubles
$10 Brawl Singles
$5 for a side event if we do one

Payouts

Singles - 48/22/14/8/4 (in %, both 5th place players get 4% of the pot)
Doubles - 55/30/15 (in %)

FREE VENUE FEE IF YOU BRING A TV AND WII!

Doubles will be done via Double Elimination
Singles might have pool seeding, depending on the number of entrants and what time it is

RULES

General Rules
  1. 3 stock
  2. 8 minute timer
  3. Items set to off and none
  4. If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  5. If the percents and stock are the same at time out then a 1 stock 3 minute rematch on the same stage with the same characters will take place.
  6. All sets are best of 3 with the exception of winners losers and grand finals which are best of 5
  7. You are responsible for your own controller and tag controls. You may only disrupt a match (reset for controls change or pause to switch controllers) if both parties agree. There will be a 5 second grace period at the start of a match for the player to restart the match with a different tag if they realize they are using the wrong one.
  8. If an agreement can not be decided for who strikes stages first, the players (or one player from each team) will do either rock paper scissors (best of 1 on shoot) or GaW hammer battle (start a match with 2 GaWs, both players use a hammer and the higher number wins, redo if there is a tie). The winner chooses if they want to strike first or second. Unless otherwise agreed, the player who strikes second should have first pick at controller port.
  9. Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned.
  10. Stalling is banned; Stalling is defined as the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.
  11. Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing a character to freeze without a chance of turning back to normal) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.
  12. Life stealing is allowed for teams
  13. Teams controller ports must be in a 1 2 2 1 fashion (one team gets 1st and 4th ports and the other team gets 2nd and 3rd ports)
  14. If it is discovered any pre-game rule is broken after the game has started (such as controller ports or striking), then it will be assumed that the players agreed as such and no disqualification will take place. Banned stages however can not be played on even if agreed by both players and a match played on one will be null and void.
  15. Stages banned by players are removed from the set and can not be picked by anyone again unless it is agreed to.
  16. Pausing is not allowed except for legitimate reasons and maybe if it causes no harm. If it is determined that the player should not have paused or was done accidentally (such as mashing out of a chain grab), the player who paused loses one of their stocks. Ruling will be to the TO in the event of this.
  17. Infinite combos characters can perform on others are not banned.
  18. The TO has the right to change any rules or make the final calling on any controversy.
Set Procedure
  1. Players should decide who strikes first and picks controller ports first as per General Rule #8.
  2. Whoever gets to strike second picks their controller ports, then the other player(s) do.
  3. Characters are chosen for the first match (a blind pick can be requested).
  4. The player who strikes first strikes 3 stages from the Starter list.
  5. The player who strikes second strikes 4 stages from the Starter list.
  6. The player who strikes last strikes 1 of the two remaining stages to determine which stage the first game is played on.
  7. The first match is played.
  8. The winner from the previous match bans a stage if they haven't banned a stage yet this set.
  9. The losing player can opt to re-pick controller ports, and the previous losing player picks first.
  10. The losing player chooses a stage for the next match. They can not choose a stage that they have won on already.
  11. If there is another match in the set, repeat Set Procedure steps numbers 8 through 11.
Stage List
  • Starter Stages:
    -Battlefield
    -Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
    -Smashville
    -Lylat Cruise
    -Pokemon Stadium
    -Final Destination
    -Castle Siege
    -Delfino Plaza
    -Halberd
  • Counterpick Stages:
    -Frigate Orpheon
    -Brinstar
    -Pictochat
    -Rainbow Cruise
    -Norfair
    -Pokemon Stadium 2

TWITTER UPDATES

Want to know what's going on at the tourney? Follow me @ChiboSempai on Twitter to hear all the latest updates!

CONTACT

AIM: ChiboSempai
PM: vVv ChiboSempai
Phone: 609.226.2287

ATTENDEES

Let's get the list going! Let's get NJ, NY, PA, MD, and VA! This location is only 2 hours away from NY and 2 hours away from MD!

ALL IS BRAWL LINK

Click I'm Attending!
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10733

_umbra_

Smash Champion
*subscribes*

looking into ride situation, money is good nowwww

very mad i missed the last one + ktar so ima try to get here

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Can you take me and Allied? (I haven't ask Allied yet but I like to travel with him so I'll ask him when he signs on).
If you get to my place, yes. I'm probably taking Zucco. But he's being ******** and saying "I might not feel like going" but I think I'll show up and drag him out of his house if I have to in order to avoid having him sit at home and do nothing for two weeks straight again. That **** is just terrible for anyone to do.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
nice nice

just so everyone knows there is a thread in the atlantic north section with a lot of posts as well so you can check there who is also coming and see some hype
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287734

Also everyone remember to check that you are attending on All is Brawl!
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10733

Also everyone bring setups and get free venue and stuff!

I'll see if I can get a projector for this tournament, shouldn't have trouble getting one at all. Projectors make everything better :)

Rave925

Smash Apprentice
Oh snap! Nothing going on this weekend, finishing up tests this week so no chance of being swamped, working the night before = good chance that I can make it.

mib004

Smash Ace
MIB
Squall
Kingtoon
TUSM
Xzax
evan
Kendall
Steph
Ebo
.Com "may come depending on him having a game"

"Bassically all of UFB will be here so that's about 10 people added to the list". This event is gonna be nice there will be at least 40 people maybe even more can't wait.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Rough rundown of the attendees expected so far:

-All of the usual Philly locals minus Smurf, Fury, and Nasty
*Chibo
*Vex
*Xzax
*Kaylo
*TUSM
*Evan
*MIB
*Kingtoon