• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for a sprite artist!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
edit:
Outdated version of the game (with 100% placeholder graphics) can be found here:
http://www.2shared.com/file/c4Y6_nUF/VN_so_far1.htm

Hello ladies and gentlemen of the AE. Below you can find my organized thread about my not so slightly desperate request for help.

Introduction:
I am currently designing a custom game with Game Maker7. Yes, you heard it right, and it's gonna be amazing!
So, the game itself. It's gonna be a fairly complicated concept, drawing elements from Naruto, Tales, 2d fighters, Legend of Zelda, Visual Novels, Nujabes and probably more, haha.

There's this contest for best game in Holland '11, and I want to win it. I've already got people helping me, actually. I've got a lot of things running right now and I'm planning on making the game 100% custom, save for sound effects (because let's be honest, it's impossible to create custom sound effects or find someone who wants to do it for free).

I'll explain the game and afterwards tell you about the team thus far, then request help :3

Game
I have a slightly outdated version of the gameplay thus far below:
(outdated)Gameplay:
In terms of exploring, everything will be overhead a la LoZ1. As soon as you come close to an enemy, you are taken to the a 2d fighting game and you are pitted against the enemy. Your health bar is permanent, and is only restored by food (and possibly "art techniques" (the name for spells)) The RPG part will be large and include a big customization system. At the start of the game, the player will be given a multiple answer question, being asked to rank the 2 words that describe him best from best to second best, the answer will be used to determine the main and secondary element of your character. The options are earth, wind, water, fire and thunder. Your main element is what will be most important, it's what your character is stuck with for most of the game and it will determine most Art Techniques, the secondary element will be included later on. Earth focuses on increasing defenses and limiting your opponents movement, Wind is low startup high cooldown, Water has large hitboxes, Fire has lasting hitboxes (for as far as it's balanced in a 2dfighter) and Thunder is low startup high cooldown. After a certain amount of levels you unlock your secondary element, allowing you to combine your elements and create new ones. Water/earth is wood, fire/water is rainbow/geyser et cetera, every seperate element having it's own traits (rainbow to have healing powers on hit et cetera)
To use these specials abilities, you need YY, also known as Ying/Yang, this is your source of mana/PP/TP/whatever. This form of mana forces more depth in the game, you have to consider your mana at all times. See this game as a combination between Zelda, Naruto, Tales, Smash and your generic 2D fighter. ---
The story will be told in VN style. The storyline is completed already, and only the script needs to be written before it's 100% finished. I obviously have more details on the game, you just need to ask.

Team:
Thus far we have 7 people, I'm hoping to slightly expand by adding someone to do fighting game sprites and of course anyone who offers help!
People/roles:
Xonar:
-Managing
-Program RPG/Adventure/VN elements
-Sound effects
-Sound track
(-Writing)
(-Scripting)
etc.

CrashIC:
-Program 2D fighting elements

Nyr:
-Write the (pretty original :3) storyline
-Design characters

Blowtoes:
-Draw character portraits
-Draw cutscenes/stills

AdamSakuru:
-Draw Backgrounds

Lokii:
-Draw title screen

Mist:
-Sprite the Overworld (RPG) sprites.

Information for the Sprite Artist:
First of all, your communication will be with CrashIC, the fighting game programmer. As you guessed from this, I need 2D fighting game sprites.
Sooo, I need someone to make some sprites for me, as just ripping them probably won't do.
This is about the quality I'm looking for: (not that large though! Don't worry)

That said, some sprites will just be redoing sprites I've seen in those games, as the motions are quite similar to what I'm aiming for. I can mirror sprites and all the good stuff, so I don't need a lot. Besides that, a lot of these are 2D fighting style. I just want recolors/minor adjustments on sprites already existing.
I'm looking for:
A Ninja (really simple design)
The Main Character
A Female in robes (blue) (boss)
A Male in robes (white) (boss)
And maybe some effects like fire and all the good stuff.

and that would be all. Considering some are "just" redo's, I don't think it's asking THAT much. I'd love it all done about halfway through February.

If you are interested, please please please contact me. All of my contact info can be found on my profile (or the postbit to the right), otherwise you can send me a PM/VM, or email me at ramsesjelsma@hotmail.com

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Please keep your personal advertising out of my thread. If you'd be so kind, edit your own post out, I'd really appreciate that.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Yeah, that's an entirely different project...

12347, if you want to ask for sprite artists you should make your own thread, or you can ask in your signature or something.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Anyone want to sign on for this?

For... me?

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
If you want good spriters, go to smackjeeves.com (they have a balanced mixture of crappy spriters and good spriters)

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
This game looks awesome, really like the concept, super original. Let me know if it finishes. It would be for PC yes?

AdamSakuru

Smash Cadet
I am most certainly interested in helping you out, my friend! Although I'm not the best, I can guarantee you I have even something little to offer in the very least!

Send me a PM if you're interested in my help! :)

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Sometimes life gives you spriters.
Sometimes life takes them away.

Whachu gonna do 'bout it? Get a better one.
What I'm trying to say: bumpity bump!

Top Bottom