• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TFS: [scientology] presents: DIanetics -- November 6, 2010

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLJhh_knMsU

Time to bring melee back to Long Island. Two weeks before R.O.M. 3, why not? Down the street from the venerated Parallax LAN venue.

Venue Info:

The Game Table
167 East Jericho Turnpike
Mineola, NY 11501

Pricing
$10 Venue Fee
$10 Singles
$10 Doubles ( 5 per person )

Currently working on a reduced venue fee for anyone who brings setups/televisions, etc. Will be updated.

Tournament Sign-ups begin at 11am-12:00pm
Tournament Begins at 1:00pm

Rules

GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
EVERYONE MUST READ THESE!

* NO cursing in the store. I know this is hard, but please keep any kind of swearing out of your conversation. This is the stores rules, so please respect them.
* NO outside food is allowed in the store.
* NO REFUNDS! Once you pay, that's it!
* B.Y.O.C. = BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER! The store will not provide a controller for you nor will we.
* We (the store, and T.O.'s in charge) are NOT responsible for anything stolen or any items left behind. If you bring a Wii for us to use, you better keep an eye on it. When you bring your controller, keep it at your side at all costs. We can not be your eyes and ears, you must be responsible for your own stuff.

MELEE RULESET
General

* All matches will be 4 stock matches, with a time limit set to 7 minutes.
* All sets will be the best out of 3 matches, except for the finals AND semifinals which are best out of 5.
* Items are OFF.
* If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.
* Wobbling is banned and will result in DQ of the match.
* You will be disqualified if you use any freezing glitches, such as the Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo's Soul Stunner.
* Any non-first party controllers must be inspected by an official before use.
* Performance altering controller modifications are not allowed.
* Stalling a match is not allowed (such as wall-jumping under Battlefield), but recovery tactics such as Peach's Wall-Bombing, and Jigglypuff's Rising Pound are allowed.
* Dave's Modified Stupid Rule will be in effect. No player may pick a stage he's won on during one set, unless it is agreed upon by both players.
* Pausing during a match will result in a loss of one stock during the match being played.

Neutrals 1v1:

* FD
* Yoshi's Story
* Dreamland
* Battlefield
* Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

* FD
* Yoshi's Story
* Dreamland
* Battlefield
* Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

* Kongo Jungle
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise
* Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

* Kongo Jungle
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise

Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser choses ban before next match. One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.
Modified DSR: You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player.
The player choice clause!:: If both players agree to a rule outside of this ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick Mute City and the other player is fine with that because they think it's a fair stage, then that is more than fine. However in the event the two players disagree, house rules stand.

PARKING:

Please, park on the side streets nearby. The Chase Bank has been known to tow cars, so park there AT YOUR OWN RISK.

More info to come.

[scientology]

Prog's contact info:
phone: 516.965.2647
aim: girafferepellent

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
if my *****es give me 20% of their sales tax il be here but they always would rather get smacked so my attendence is like 50/50 atm

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'mma try to be here with no cash... I mean... you know. I'll be here with cash for the tournament but I'll be here with NO CASH. GAHHHH

jk.

I wonder how I can get to Long Island...

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
true story when i came home from djs crib and i got to philly i only had 65 cents.. 50 of it was a half dollar so i only had $.15 usable cents

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
true story when i came home from djs crib and i got to philly i only had 65 cents.. 50 of it was a half dollar so i only had $.15 usable cents
Yeah dude I literally had nothing left. Just some spare change. I thank you for that dollar too. I still think you do better after eating man.

But yeah. I had $8 in my paypal that I forgot about and used it all up for school transit. I'm totally broke. Till Next pay check. ;-; I hate waiting a long time.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Muthatrucker I'm in dis.......me and leacero taking teams lol maybe if he wants to team......I'm recordin here too......I'm gunna record at all tourneies I go 2 now

Codi

Smash Ace
Muthatrucker I'm in dis.......me and leacero taking teams lol maybe if he wants to team......I'm recordin here too......I'm gunna record at all tourneies I go 2 now
not if me and animal team we'd **** you =P especially if we had our special juice NO CHANCE ha

PK Webb

Smash Champion
codi we wud get off on u guys cuz 4 once im not partnered with a roy main.....that was xtra ghey

Codi

Smash Ace
lmfao you got to admit that was probably the funniest/stupidest thing a person could do in that situation charge B in a 2 on 1 when i was holding u in a grab for like 5 seconds already i honestly didn't think he would fall for that ha

btw t.webb thats an ill avatar

o and 1 more thing is anyone going to rom 3? if so i need to find a place to stay for me and a friend pm if u can help me out!

Top Bottom