• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOTC(Smash on the Couch) 2-October 8th ~Rockledge, PA

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Come out and enjoy some smash on friday before Super DSO 3!

Who:
UFB/KC/any PA/NJ/NY/MD/VA players

call 215-379-2473 for help

When:
Friday October 8th 2010

Time:
5 pm to 11:00 PM

Doors open at 4:00 pm
Doubles starts at 5:15 pm
Singles will start at 6:30-7 PM
People can stay until 11:30 then I have to kick everyone out

Where:
1005 Burke St. Rockledge, PA, 19046

Money:
Venue fee = $2
Singles = $5
Doubles = $5 per person

Free Venue for full set up!
$1 off for wii/tv

Setups:

TV-
Xzax x3

Wii-

Brawl Rules:
* Matches will be THREE (3) Stock, eight minute time limit.
* Double Elimination. All matches will be 2/3, with all finals being 3/5.
* The bracket will be seeded by crews/region and rankings.
* Items will be off.
* Life stealing is allowed in teams.
* Smashballs will be OFF.
* Advanced Slob picks: First match is a blind pick, where the competitors will tell their character to a judge, and then proceed. The loser of the first match will then pick the next stage, then the winner may choose his character. After, the loser will choose his character and begin. The same will happen for the third match, if forced.
* You may ban ONE stages.
* ADHD is Cool Rule: Can only ban 1 Nuetral
* You may not counterpick a stage that you won on.

* Any attempt at lame tactics will result in a warning. Any further attempt at lame tactics will result in forfeit. Judges can be called over if you're confused about this.
These tactics include, but are not limited to:
-Stalling under a stage.
-Running away to run the time limit. (Excessively. If there's 30 seconds, and you bail, that's one thing. But if you waste 5 minutes, or be a jerk about it, we're stopping the match. It's at the judge's discretion.)

*40 Ledge Grab Rule: If time runs out and you have grabbed the ledge over 40 times you lose the match.

* The stage strike system will be used to determine the first stage. Each player, starting with the higher seed or determined by the players with something like rock/paper/scissors, will strike one stage from the neutral list until only one is left, and that will be the stage played on for the first match.

If the loser of the match chooses to select the stage at random. The opponent CANNOT change character. The loser of the match than makes the choice of changing character or not.

* NO REFUNDS ONCE THE BRACKETS ARE MADE FOR AN EVENT.

Stages:

Starter Stages:
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpicks:
* Delfino Plaza
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Brinstar
* Lylat
* Frigate Orpheon
* Rainbow Cruise
* Pitcochat

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you, and your opponent agree and ask a judge! If you agree, there will be no complaints!

Attendees List:
1. Xzax
2. ChiboSempai
3. General Woodman
4. Keitaro
5. Inui
6. Zucco
7. Kingtoon
8. Vex Kasrani
9. Nakat
10. Rave
11. Dark Falco
12. Nik

AiB Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10811

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'll do my best to make this.

Got a question about cps, how bout you trying adding another to the cp list? Viridian has Pictochat, Pound V has Pictochat and PS2, Whobo 3 has Picto PS2 and Japes, KTAR 3 had Picto Japes and Mansion, Super DSO 3 has Picto Norfair and PS2.

More stages make it more interesting, fun, and unique also helps give practice for the big tournies coming up.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
MLG stage list minus green greens is the best

edit: yay picto is cool

norfair has so many ledges tho!

Keitaro

Picto is a good stage imo, and the stage that just about everyone is adding to their stage list nowadays.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
idk if im gonna enter everything or anything, u might wanna consider dropping one of the events to $5 or lose the venue fee

il still b here tho regardless

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I don't know if I want to go when doubles is priced like a side event. I'm a doubles player. That is disrespectful to my event. If singles had the same price, it'd be fine. I'm okay with cheap tournaments. I'm not okay when doubles is treated like trash and singles is glorified.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I don't know if I want to go when doubles is priced like a side event. I'm a doubles player. That is disrespectful to my event. If singles had the same price, it'd be fine. I'm okay with cheap tournaments. I'm not okay when doubles is treated like trash and singles is glorified.
Singles is a more important event.

I don't care what the prices are, the less, the better, I'm probably not making any money off of this regardless, I suck.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Singles is a more important event.

I don't care what the prices are, the less, the better, I'm probably not making any money off of this regardless, I suck.
Not to me, and when doubles is worth 25% as much as singles, that is just insulting to doubles players.

stfu with your false humility

add a low tier event =D
agreed

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I don't get it, and I think we can do good Kingtoon, you should come over today!
I suck, im not good, etc when you guys are top players and can take big names. You lose a ton of respect points for that but you probably dont care regardless. its just attention calling and lame.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I suck, im not good, etc when you guys are top players and can take big names. You lose a ton of respect points for that but you probably dont care regardless. its just attention calling and lame.
Oh, IDC, lol.

I'm not bad because I can take big names, I'm bad because I'm inconsistent.

Keitaro

Inui, singles is simply more important that doubles. If people want to save money I'm sure the majority will vouch to lower doubles entrance fee over singles. The next step would be to lower the singles fee also but if only one can be lowered it will undoubtably be doubles.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui, singles is simply more important that doubles. If people want to save money I'm sure the majority will vouch to lower doubles entrance fee over singles. The next step would be to lower the singles fee also but if only one can be lowered it will undoubtably be doubles.
cool

I just won't go then, lol

I didn't attend a single New England tournament until they made doubles a real event and I'm just fine with doing that for Xzax's tournaments as well

I am a doubles player, so I will go where doubles matters

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
come to dso. team with me. we win big bucks. u make money. enter singles. lose to me in singles. place jus outside of the money. leave even.

Top Bottom