• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Removed by Moderator

D

Deleted member

Removed by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Dsc

Smash Ace
Try connecting fireballs during his uairs.

Dtilts>up b works against walls.

Um, if you get high enough with uairs, use down b. If theres a choice between an up b or a down b, i always go down b.

Edge guard by repeating dairs till they get really low lol.

Idk. Tech chase upb's are also cool

TANK64

Smash Lord
I play him.

I'm the best Luigi player in the whole world, hands down, no competition. Ask anyone.

also dtilt is good for getting grabs and if you land behind their shield after a dair without facing them you can dtilt and it will hit them behind you.

and his fireballs can be amazing for EVERYTHING ( Don't listen to the haters). Just remember he isn't mario and then get over it. Besides he's thinner.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I use teh weegester a lot. It's all about the dair-uair-whatever =p.

Really, though, a lot of people have fantastic weegees. A$'s is amazing, for example.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I can write one if no one else will do it.
I am pretty knowledgeable about luigi. I am currently finishing the fox guise with is more important but I will get to work on this in the near future.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
The very fact that they're a projectile makes them useful.
I dunno thats pretty general...I wouldn't start using final cutter because it has a projectile vs the rest of kirbys attacks :p

but yeah, you just have to learn to use Luigi's fireballs to take up "lanes" which limits your foe...thus giving them less options....its a good thing :)

dandan

Smash Lord
The very fact that they're a projectile makes them useful.

It's just that there are a bunch of better projectiles.
no so much true for pika.
then i again i guess that is for the best, imagine pika with fox's lasers.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Pikachu with Falcon punch would make me happy....

but that has nothing to do with anything xD

Pikas projectile i use randomly....kinda with the same principal as luigis fireballs...but worse

Battlecow

Play to Win
Those fireballs can come in really useful as techchasers- easy to shield, but that sets 'em up for a grab/shield pressure. Doesn't work so well against really good people, but your average/somewhat above average schmo is a sucker for it.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Those fireballs can come in really useful as techchasers- easy to shield, but that sets 'em up for a grab/shield pressure. Doesn't work so well against really good people, but your average/somewhat above average schmo is a sucker for it.
Exactly. I'm like Ryu with them thangs on my opponents wake up. It can help set up the dair. They shield- they break. They don't then it's his bread and butter combo, only this time with an extra fireball. Also after you throw it (if they are close enough) one shield dash will get to them. Then it's grab. There are so many options depending on if the fireball is early or late.

Also, if you are running on the ground (say on dreamland) it's probably a good idea to be shield dashing. It can protect you from some accidents and helps shielding get-up-attacks while techchasing.

*just a note, that these techchasing tactics are a lot less effective of Samus (up-B)

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
you would think me being an experienced mario main luigi would actually be easy to play.

well...hes not.

i suck terribly with luigi i thought "well he's just mario but longer and floaty."

can't get used to it. :(

Purtle

Smash Journeyman
I use luigi quite a lot.

what surri said about fireballs 'taking up lanes' to help limit the other person, as well as allow you to add pressure are something that I do a lot.

I've also used what battlecow mentioned as far as fireballs for 'tech-chasers'

If you don't think you will be able to connect the Up+b when doing a Uair combo or whatever I usually use the Down+b. I don't sometimes depending on the percent.

For edge-guarding. I find myself to be edge-hogging or using Dsmash. Sometimes I jump off and Nair falling to protect the edge(that might be a little confusing to understand).

For approach you have to use fireballs wisely and Uair. Dair sometimes but it is easily punished compared to uair.

I don't find myself playing paticularly defense or aggressive with luigi. It depends on who the other character is, but for some it's still sort of just neutral or adjust depending on how the other person is playing.

His fireballs are very underrated. They can be used for defense and offensive. I also use them when I come back from the edge (I can't find the words to explain this.)

I also use Usmash quite often. It can sometimes can reset things when needed. A lot of people also don't expect them at low percents either.

It seems like almost every time I use luigi, people use link, so I know a bit about the matchup.
Hyrule can be a pain in the arse. (Mainly thinking of the tent when I saw this) The link usually camps and spams items. you have to use fireballs to help block the spam as you get in, but even then it is very difficult. Once you get close enough the link just finally goes toward you and attacks you.

That's all I can think of for now/willing to type right now.

Also, I suck at luigi dittos.

Battlecow

Play to Win
By "spams items" do you mean bombs and boomers or actual items? Cuz we don't need to take those into account.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I use boomerangs thrown just above them to limit their approach (Plus it can get them on the way back) then apply more pressure with bombs.

Use this as much as you want until you're ready to come in with a Fair--> Usmash or Utilt and combo away!

If you find your foe to close to you and applying more pressure then you can deal with (link sux) SH Dair usually fixes it

Bairs are always a quick poke that you can do from a relativity safe distance and is really fast

EDIT: ^ all fail

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
I use boomerangs thrown just above them to limit their approach (Plus it can get them on the way back) then apply more pressure with bombs.

Use this as much as you want until you're ready to come in with a Fair--> Usmash or Utilt and combo away!

If you find your foe to close to you and applying more pressure then you can deal with (link sux) SH Dair usually fixes it

Bairs are always a quick poke that you can do from a relativity safe distance and is really fast
>boomerangs

LOL wrong forum bro?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I wouldn't know what to say about LUIGI. Mine is probably my 2-3rd worst char,which i also have no interest in lol

Dont use Dair on the approach, and use fireballs to try and limit their air space. Luigi seems very defensive using punishing counter combos.

dandan

Smash Lord
retreating while ff uair or fair can be useful to catch your opponent unaware, especially at higher % as uair=death.
his approach is horrible, i myself like to sh fireball then throw in an aerial to limit the options, however people can adapt to it pretty quickly and if the do full jumps they can often still get back before you can from the short hop :S

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
retreating while ff uair or fair can be useful to catch your opponent unaware, especially at higher % as uair=death.
his approach is horrible, i myself like to sh fireball then throw in an aerial to limit the options, however people can adapt to it pretty quickly and if the do full jumps they can often still get back before you can from the short hop :S
Yeah that honestly is what holds me back about luigi is he has to be so defensive yet has little defense options besides carefully placing fireballs, fairs, and uairs. Being able to strongly bait is the only good option IMO.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
hey luigi guys how do i play luigi

i want to plank but boom told me luigi sux at planking

advice on luigi dittos

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
luigi is lol mindgames and spacing.

just bait them into doing something then uair chain into upb or downb.

baiting them and then doing a uair very close to the ground is also good.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
only luigi ditto experience i've had is b-move only and it's pretty fun

falcon is lol mindgames and spacing.

just bait them into doing something then uair chain into upb or dair.

baiting them and then doing an uair very close to the ground is also good

Evil Iggy

Smash Cadet
I love Luigi dearly, but the guys here are right. No approaching ability and a piss-poor recovery really hurt his offense and defense standing.

If you can get the first uair, I recommend trying to get uair > dair > Up+B. If you can get the Z-Cancel on a high platform, that'll kill lighter characters like Kirby. I think it gets more damage than the uairs alone, too.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
his recovery is okay, definitely not 'piss-poor'...

he has okay 'defence', since he's floaty and has a couple decent escape moves

d-air is easily DI-able (you can DI to one side and then back to the other to confuse people lol) and up-b from it isn't guaranteed, even if you read their DI...

Top Bottom