• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The most awesome character (Kirby)!

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
This is just a Kirby general discussion. Cheers for the only character I am capable of playing :).

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i did not realise kirby had no thread, seems i don't care about him :\

i think hes awesome in his snes games

ontopic: how many frames in does final cutter have to be before getting hit removes all your jumps?

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
How do people feel about Kirby's ability to take powers and use them vs their original character?

Mario Fireballz vs. Kirby Red Fireballz?
Samus Vs Kirby Big shot
Yoshi.... etc.

Which powers are worth stealing? Which powers change in purpose? Which characters are weak to their own B attack?

Personally, the best tool box is Jiggy's Puff Punch for me. With the tilt and the air time attached to the attack, Kirby gets 12 jumps. lolz.

Worst power is Doug's..... who wants that over powered punch? Can that be used in a jank combo.... documented?..... or is it just as useless for kirby.

Also, D.K. has like 2x the range on his donky punch right? Kirby's version is hella short right?

Anyway, there should be guide on how to use other character's powers with kirby too. There are a lot of interesting styles made up with them, and I love to hear about new ridiculous combos.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
How do people feel about Kirby's ability to take powers and use them vs their original character?

Mario Fireballz vs. Kirby Red Fireballz?
Samus Vs Kirby Big shot
Yoshi.... etc.

Which powers are worth stealing? Which powers change in purpose? Which characters are weak to their own B attack?

Personally, the best tool box is Jiggy's Puff Punch for me. With the tilt and the air time attached to the attack, Kirby gets 12 jumps. lolz.

Worst power is Doug's..... who wants that over powered punch? Can that be used in a jank combo.... documented?..... or is it just as useless for kirby.

Also, D.K. has like 2x the range on his donky punch right? Kirby's version is hella short right?

Anyway, there should be guide on how to use other character's powers with kirby too. There are a lot of interesting styles made up with them, and I love to hear about new ridiculous combos.
Uptilt to big kirby punch is so win.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
The only problem is you can only get them playing against Fox obviously and he can deflect them straight back at you >_>

Battlecow

Play to Win
No one ever uses the neutral B except when they're showing off. I'm confused as to why; it seems like a lot of the powers (esp. fox's) would be hella useful.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
You would have to combo into it to get it off in a serious match...and if you can do that, chances are you can either do more damage...or just keep comboing in general :p

I suppose the ability you gain just isnt worth the extra utilts or Bairs you might get other wise :p

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Sure but as fox I'd much rather fight a kirby that does not have my laser power
That is true.

No one ever uses the neutral B except when they're showing off. I'm confused as to why; it seems like a lot of the powers (esp. fox's) would be hella useful.
If I may ask: what inspired you to use that word? :3

Not that I'm mad or anything I'm actually proud it's being used :laugh:

Though I'm not sure of it's TRUE origins so it could be more common than I think.

EDIT: K I'm seeing it a lot more frequently. Am I just dumb and it's a common word?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
kirby + dk powers

utilt utilt utilt utilt utilt utilt -> giant punch

repeat

*coolface*

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Let the edge guarding commence >A Button >Turn Around> Neutral B *When near but facing away from the edge.*

It is not really all that good, but I have a nice laugh doing this to people.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
the legend of low-tier is my fav, both in n64 and up
What? I though n64 Kirby was High tier and Brawl Kirby was Mid Tier. Not only that on the official Melee tier list Kirby is not low tier he is negligible which is the tier bottom of bottom tier. So melee is the only one with Low tier Kirby. Unless you are talking about a non smash game then I am just confused about what your statement means.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
If I see a Kirby with yarn and no inhale I'm gonna murder someone.

Smash64 Kirby: Dash Attack -> Dash Attack -> Dash Attack -> Dash Attack -> Free Smash
what you mean is:

Smash64 Yoshi: Dash Attack -> Dash Attack -> Dash Attack -> Dash Attack -> Free Fair

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

Smash64 Kirby: Dash Attack -> Dash Attack -> Dash Attack -> Dash Attack -> Free Smash
allow me to fix that for you.

Smash64 Kirby: camp profusely -> wait for opponent to rush -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt -> utilt....spam umad like a boss and sip on your kool-aid.

I wonder if you're a brawl noob that just recently joine- Yep. Wow how do I know these things.
a rebuttal to this, i like brawl, it's a fun game; fairly good at it too. but seriously, i go onto their forums and either it's noobville or off-topic crap.

they still think brawl has combos too. :cool:

dandan

Smash Lord
wtf??????? i didnt understand that :p what is dishounest about do a complete fair (that can be DIed) and then do a pivot utilt?????
never said you were dishonest, just said it seemed like something that isai will do and not alpha.
just seems to me as it is lacking in honor (no offense to you, just that specific way you play).

Battlecow

Play to Win
a rebuttal to this, i like brawl, it's a fun game; fairly good at it too. but seriously, i go onto their forums and either it's noobville or off-topic crap.

they still think brawl has combos too. :cool:
He didn't say it was a bad game (although he might think it). He did dis on that barwlnub who thought kirby was for spamming dash attacks to smashes.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
never said you were dishonest, just said it seemed like something that isai will do and not alpha.
just seems to me as it is lacking in honor (no offense to you, just that specific way you play).
alpha is have doing that before Isai discovered how to pivot utilt :p

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
there's to some extent where you can be cocky.

cocky players that can back it up = good
cocky players that can't = scrub
cocky players who are just acting cocky to look cool = ugly

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
honestly I find it really satisfying to out-noob a cocky kirby nub and watch em rage

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
The best part about my experience online is when I beat some scrub who thinks they are good and they say

"If I had a controller I would kick your ***, keyboard is so tough"

and then I simply respond

"I use a keyboard too"

(11:23) ImTooGood has left the partyline

Top Bottom