• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-throw Uair Footstool: 2 ways, both amazing!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
So...Pikachu kinda broke, in the best way possible. I, alone with K_Prime, discovered a reliable set-up into uair footstool. It involves buffering a dash and uair after a D-throw.

A SPECIAL THANKS TO YIKARUR FOR BASICALLY MAKING THIS TECHNIQUE WIDESPREAD! WITHOUT HIS IDEA ABOUT BUFFERING A DASH UAIR NONE OF THE CHARACTERS (aside MK and Falco) WOULD'VE BEEN POSSIBLE

THANK YOU!!

Another special thanks to the Japanese who uploaded the video about buffering reverse inputs. The 2nd way wouldn't have been possible without it. I love the community <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPNZ5AcEgRc
Since there are 2 options, I will condense both based on action:

1st way:

1. D-throw
*2. Buffer a run
*3. Buffer a jump
*4. Buffer an uair
3. Footstool
4. QAL
5. Profit

*= Steps 2-4 must all be buffered within the 10-frame buffer window. Dashing and Jumping are weird...you can buffer them a little sooner than the 10 frame window.

New discovery!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtUo7jOGGU

With this we can actually buffer a reverse uair. This might be better than doing a buffered dash uair.

Buffer Input:
Back, Down, Jump, Uair

2nd way, courtesy of Japan:

1. D-throw
*2. Buffer a back input (The opposite direction that you are facing)
*3. Buffer a down input
*4. Buffer a jump
*5. Buffer an uair
6. Footstool
7. QAL
8. Profit

*= Steps 2-5 must all be buffered in the same 10 frame window. In this case, you CANNOT buffer anything outside of the normal 10-frame window, but you can make a quartercircle motion to help with the backwards and down inputs
Key

Now, for the list

Nothing said = FH Uair
SH = SH uair

All %s are slightly off due to Training mode having different knockback. TO be safe, use the LOWER %s for the D-throw uair, but be advised when using the D-throw at the HIGHER and that the %s are a little less (The uair %s that are separated are basically when uair footstool stops working)

If somebody is willing to test the %s that would be much appreciated.

Metaknight
30%-54%
Fresh uair will have right knockback until 71%

Snake
37%-65%
Fresh uair will have right knockback until 80%

Diddy
40-58%
Fresh uair has right knockback until 77%

Falco
SH 30%-54%
Fresh uair has right knockback until 73%

Wario
36%-63%
Fresh uair has right knockback until 83%

Marth
31%-45%
Fresh uair has right knockback until 75%

Ice Climbers
33%-57%

Olimar
30%-39%
Fresh uair has right knockbac until 73%

Pikachu
SH 30%-37%
FH 41-53%
Fresh uair has right knockback until 72%

King D3
SH 39%-62%
Fresh uair has right knockback until 86%

Mr. Game and Watch
29%-50%
Fresh uair has right knockbac until 70%

ZSS
30%-50%
Fresh uair has right knockback until 72%

Toon Link
33%-52%

Kirby
30%-41%
Fresh uair has right knockback until 71%

ROB
36%-43%
Fresh uair has right knockback until 84%

Pit
30%-58%
Fresh uair has right knockback until 78%

DK
37%-66%
Fresh uair has right knockback until 87%

Luigi
34%-49%
Fresh uair has right knockback until 79%

Sonic
33-58%

Ike
35%-62%

Ness
33%-58%

PT

Squirtle
36-51%
Fresh uair has right knockback until 70%

Ivysaur
34%-60%
Fresh uair has right knockback until 80%

Charizard
37%-64%
Fresh uair has right knockback until 85

Yoshi
36%-63%

Lucas
33%-58%

Mario
34%-59%
Fresh uair has right knockback until 80%

Bowser
39%-67%
Fresh uair has right knockback until 89%

Link
35%-62%
Fresh uair has right knockback until 82%

Ganon
36%-63%
Fresh uair has right knockback until 84%

Samus, Jigglypuff, Peach, Lucario, and Zelda cannot be footstooled.

Wolf, Sheik, Captain Falcon, and Fox can be footstooled directly out of D-throw CG at high %s (with a buffer run double jump then footstool)

There are 2 ways to practice this technique.
1. Have another player try to jump out of it. If you don't get it frame perfect, you should be getting footstooled.
2. Go to training mode and put the sidebar thing on. If it doesn't say 2 consecutive hits, you aren't timing it perfectly.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
My god, the Falco - Pika MU just got revoked.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I'm pretty sure that title says, "Poor Metaknight."
What are you, gay?
**** Metaknight.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Good stuff.

I think Prime mentioned that MK (and Falco I assume?) can DI the footstool though, so it's not really 100% guaranteed.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Silly goose.
This implies that Meta Knight just MIGHT have a disadvantaged match up. Which is a fallacy, btw.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
SDI the Uair

DMG ruins **** too much, such a party pooper

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure that title says, "Poor Metaknight."
What are you, gay?
**** Metaknight.
Better sir?

DMG, we know SDIing destroys everything. That is a given.

Also, the DI after the footstool is readable. It isn't that hard to wait a little bit then QA accordingly.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah DI on the footstool isn't an issue for Pika besides occurrences near the edge where he can DI to fall offstage.

SDI though will be a problem, and it's realistically a problem because while Uair is fast, doing something like a CG into this is something people will expect. Buffer airdodge/Jump, along with SDI inputs after CG. If you get hit, your SDI kicks in. If not, you get away.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The thing is...it isn't the only mix-up, so we can end up getting a combo from it...or ending at different times to the QAL. For all MKs no, I could either grab them once then do it, or grab them 3 times, or twice, or not do it at all!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The thing is...it isn't the only mix-up, so we can end up getting a combo from it...or ending at different times to the QAL. For all MKs no, I could either grab them once then do it, or grab them 3 times, or twice, or not do it at all!
Im sure most people would rather eat those mixups than get guaranteed footstooled into QAL into death. I'd rather pull a grenade as Snake while falling and eat 50% than die to a MK shuttle loop.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
why didn't you save this until after DC? you coul have possibly beaten M2K with this had you kept your mouth shut

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Not to mention Prime told us about it over a year ago. x.o Still nice to have it in thread form tho.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
im also assuming its possible for this to be done on any character pikachu can dthrow CG?

Any time you can be d-throw CGed. (MK is up to 4X, and Falco is at least 7X.
yea i know most of what %'s pikas cg starts on, but i thought he couldnt jab lock till over 60%? :confused: maybe thats old news now

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
This isn't ****/broken. The thing about this is that you have to go into a QAL and QAL is beaten by SDI'ing to the edge.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Prime mentioned the possibility of dthrow to uairs existance a long time ago, but never confirmed it or maybe did so in private conversations. Thisll be more or less useful depending on the percents it can work, or whether or not a jab lock can be started.

I do think its weird people are more excited about this then QAC creating true combos though, lol.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Directory...

When ESAM speaks, everyone listens.
FOR HE IS THE GREAT LEON!

fixed

smh, someones on the meatride train.

yeah i was noticing, maybe i just SUCK at it, but i wld cg mk to like 30ish and try to uair but the mk cpu was di'ing away from where i cld footstool him almost everytime. it was very hard to get it to work even once. on falco id rather stick with the cg, on mk i can see this being useful since the cg only goes to 50, but even the cpu was able to di my uair making it really hard to setup.

idk like i said, ive never really tried this setup b4 and it dosent seem to be too reliable. maybe someone else can back me up, or sees differently

Judo777

Smash Master
the real issue is that no matter what gay stuff u have on MK , MK has just too many options. MK's will always have ways of dealing with every single thing that is ever found on him because MK is realistically the best character in almost every situation.

Still great find get as much gay stuff as possible but MK's discovered long ago how to avoid being gayed.

Yikarur

Smash Master
this is going to evolve Pikas Meta Game, just like the hundred footstool infinites for tons of characters that were released earlier.

bigman40

Smash Master
Bout time this was proven to work. I was able to do it on a few people, but not sure if it was completely guaranteed. Good thing I've already had some practice on this.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
this is going to evolve Pikas Meta Game, just like the hundred footstool infinites for tons of characters that were released earlier.
lol this is def not significant enough to have an impact on pikas metagame. the only character it affects is MK and even then how many pikas are really going to learn this besides esam?

its nice to know we can do this to mk, but its not like the find of the century.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
This isn't ****/broken. The thing about this is that you have to go into a QAL and QAL is beaten by SDI'ing to the edge.
Which then you stop the QAL and start jabbing the direction away from the ledge.

0-death on MK and Falco off of a grab and good safe approaches to get grabs is pretty ridiculous.

Lol at people thinking Falco is good.

Top Bottom