• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/HOPE 2! Shugo! Lain?! PA/Ohio! Dec.19th, Pittsburgh, PA!

M@v

Subarashii!
/Hope 2

Sunday, Dec.19th, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Brawl and Melee

We are back again with a new Pittsburgh tourney, continuing to bring you lack of hope you love! I am also pleased to announce that /hope will now become a bi-annual series, with one tourney in the summer time, and one during December. For the veterans of my tourneys, same venue as last time, and the same great experience you've come to expect. For the newer players/first time attendees: My tournaments run on time, and although they are competitive, they have a very laid back atmosphere, and everyone has an amazing time. I have not had one dis-satisfied person come to me, and I feel honored about that. I want to keep the experience that good, and I promise this one will be no different. Give the hope series a shot; I promise you it will be worth it!

I do wish I could of hosted this on a Saturday, but the venue is occupied the day before, and the other Saturdays are Holidays.

VENUE:
Clarence Fugh Memorial Hall
27 Crescent Ave.
Etna, PA
http://www.etnavfd.org/fugh.html
This is the same venue as the previous tourneys!!!!
There will be free soda as usual. I also have plans to sell hot dogs and chips, details later!

Events
There will be Melee and Brawl Singles. However, I am currently only planning Brawl Doubles.
If we get enough interest/enough melee turnout, I will incorporate Melee doubles into the schedule. Reasons for this:
a. One day instead of two
b. Not many melee teams last time.

Schedule
9:00 Venue Opens
9:00 am - 12:00am Registration/Friendlies
12pm - Brawl Doubles begin
Approximately 2pm: Brawl AND Melee singles(If setups allow; otherwise Brawl is first).
If not enough setups, Melee singles begin immediately after Brawl.
10pm: venue closes

Fees
$5 Venue fee
$10 Brawl Singles
$20 Brawl Doubles(per team)
$10 Melee Singles

Brawl Ruleset:

3 Stock
8 minute timer
Items are set to "off" and "none"

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Resolving Ties: If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Extending Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape by leaving the ground and returning to it while invisible is banned. (For example, flicking the C-Stick up while holding down on the control stick during the move will cause this to happen.)

* Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.

* Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing all characters to freeze indefinitely) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.

* Some interactions (for example, a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is stalling.

*DDD's standing infinite chain grab is banned.

* There will be a 50 Edgegrab limit for this tournament

Brawl Stagelist

(Mlg minus green greens)

Neutrals
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Halberd
Delinfo Plaza
Castle Siege

CounterPicks
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokemon stadium 2

Striking order:
Higher seed strikes 3
Lower seed strikes 4
Higher Seed Strikes 1

Counterpicking and character procedures are standard. Best of 3 minus WF, LF, and GF.

MELEE RULE SET

* Items are set to off.
* Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
* Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
* Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
* Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players agree to it, including banned stages.
* Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. Player announces one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set(This happens after the 2nd match as well)
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Addtional Team rules:
* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON

Stage list

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Hotels

Hotwire.com: Type in 15201 as the area code, and the nights you would stay. Gives you a HUGE list.

Pittsburgh Days-Inn Harmarville. $60 per night. 6.57 miles from venue. Its all highway driving so its only like a 10 minute drive.
http://travela.priceline.com/hotel/h...19175&plf=PCLN

Quality Inn University Center. $96 a night. 3.7 miles from the venue
http://travela.priceline.com/hotel/h...19175&plf=PCLN

Any questions? Pm me, post up, or call me (412)-855-1473

M@v

Subarashii!
I'll try, my finals week is right before this. Hence me hosting it this particular weekend, because I'll be home for winter break.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
And the LGL is even different from MLG lol

and I'm willing to put up with their bs lgl rule because it's mlg, not rly for a 6 hour drive to pittsburgh

M@v

Subarashii!
Id be willing to go up to 50, but it would be 50 for all stages, including norfair. 50 was the lgl @ scs and the first hope.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I might go. Maybe. Depends on if my parents dont mind me going outta state. im guessing...25% chance?

I might go. This will be the second day of my college Winter break, so it's pretty possible. Can I claim recording the Brawl main setup?

•Col•

Smash Champion
I might go. This will be the second day of my college Winter break, so it's pretty possible. Can I claim recording the Brawl main setup?
What do you mean? We already have a recording setup, but you can bring your own as well if you want.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Who's recording? I can get A LOT of footage up on youtube in really good quality really fast. Take a look at my channel. You might want me to take care of recording the main setup.

My recording quality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de-d9AzrkM0
Pretty much any of the videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/TgsMaverick

Like I said, you could bring yours too though, lol. I think the "main" setup for the last tournament was actually used to connect to a livestream and was hacked for infinite replays so the matches could be recorded and uploaded after, while a seperate recording setup was connected to another tv.

Pretty much any of the videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/TgsMaverick

Like I said, you could bring yours too though, lol. I think the "main" setup for the last tournament was actually used to connect to a livestream and was hacked for infinite replays so the matches could be recorded and uploaded after, while a seperate recording setup was connected to another tv.
Why not have recording and livestream connected to the same TV?

Life

Smash Hero
This might become the first offline tournament I can attend, depending on random IRL stuff (like whether my local card shop owner gets his together before this, homework since it's right before Christmas break, etc).

Wouldn't mind a slight increase in the LGL (as we aren't technically supposed to have them) but beggars cannot be choosers.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
not going, I strongly disagree with the rules

especially the part where it's in pittsburgh

sorry<3

M@v

Subarashii!
Edgegrab limit increased to 50 for all stages.

(This has been the ledgegrabs at my previous tourneys if your curious)

M@v

Subarashii!
Because I still feel its an important rule. Metaknight gets a percent league its an auto win against a vast majority of the cast.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I'll be there if the date doesn't conflict with something. I might be having Christmas at my grandparent's that weekend.

Life

Smash Hero
@ITT I thought you quit?...

As I don't want to start a debate re: pplanking in this thread, I'll try to keep that day open and come anyway... holy crap for the second/first (depending) time in my life I can actually make a SSB tournament... the smash scene here in wPA other than /hope either is dead or has utterly escaped my notice *coughIwantinfocough*.

Top Bottom