• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dashing item pick-up (#6)

SuSa

Banned via Administration
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgnjrzrD8fo&feature=related

Applications? Can anyone think of any?

Personally I think DACUS to pick them up is best considering we don't exactly have an amazing glide toss (our glide toss is welllll... non-existant? :s) But we may be able to do this as a false-approach? (Pick up the item, reverse glide toss)

Also, I forget if our DACIT is any good either. I don't think it is, otherwise I would remember it.. but maybe I could never get the proper timing for it? Maybe there is a BDACIT like there is a BDACUS? I want to look into that when I get my Brawl.

:093:

PS:
Whoever said I took information from other characters and tried to add it to Snake... you're right. :laugh:

this could be useful if snake could do it. this allows us to toss without the lag of doing a dash attack or dacus beforehand. only really applicable against diddy,rob or zss when trying to beat them to their items and .

etecoon

Smash Hero
it could have very limited application, but generally if there's a banana between you and diddy(or a gyro between you and ROB etc.) I'd consider running towards it to be a bad idea regardless of what you intend to do when you get there, depending on circumstances though

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
The applications for this are limited considering our own projectiles don't explode on contact so that would just leave Naner's, Gyro', Turnips basically. Our Glide Toss sucks. Our Jump Canceled Throw sucks slightly less but still sucks lol

Eh mindgames I suppose.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
snakes glides toss = baby toss imo

i could never consistently get it down either.........

napZzz

Smash Hero
i wouldn't bother with this, if I'm in a situation where I wanna pick up/throw something like that i'll short hop instant throw or just short hop and pick up with z, its easier to control where I go with it and quicker sort of, at least for the first one

SuSa

Banned via Administration
The concept for this is to glide toss. The reasoning being is you can't really pick up + JC throw while keeping enough momentum to move.

As far as forward throw goes, our Glide Toss sucks - which is why I asked about our DACIT, and if there might possible be a BDACIT.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I don't see JC Toss really being feasible either since its nothing like Tink's for example. Yeah there is a little bit of a slide but I just dont see the point in changing up one of my shoudler buttons just so I can occasionally slide a little bit to space when I toss. Eh maybe I'll play around with it. When I use Snake I don't really change any of my controls around except for Y= Grab for those quick Jab> Grab shenanigans.

Top Bottom