• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2 AUSOM Oct 9 RESULTS THREAD! POST-HYPE

Wulfy07

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone! Thanks for coming to 2 AUSOM!

Results of SALT PARTY 2 (The only competitive game played at 2 AUSOM)
1. Cam and Spade 3 stars and 86 coins :yoshi2:
2. Wulfy 2 stars and 43 coins:mario2:
3. Ryker 1 star and ?? coins:luigi2: <---God Tier lost!?
4. Azneal's friend.... I forgot his name >> Peach 0 stars and ?? coins:peach:
Map: Bowser's Board.
Cam's amazing play allowed him to get a star by stealing one from Wulfy. His next two came from excellent minigame support from Spade leading to the winning of that bonus star and this naturally lead to the greatest amount of money held all game.
Wulfy took many gambits in the game and to that end found not 1 but TWO hidden blocks with stars. As a result of this, he managed to hold off the stars from being bought by anyone and snagged 5 happening squares to secure his fourth. Unfortunately, his gambit cost him dearly since, having not played this brand of Salt Party in a long time, he failed to win either money or minigames to secure victory, allowing Cam and Spade to capitalize and win.
Ryker was shut down by Wulfy's early strategy and covered in EPIC LEVELS of salt, he used his boo bell to steal wulfy's other star to prevent any chance that he might have at defeating Cam and Spade's team. The combination of calculated luck to find the hidden blocks and **** Ryker early game with boo to insure he couldn't claim an early buy of the star lead to Wulfy's downfall.
The peach player played for the first time, and after losing so badly against the mighty tyrants who wrestled for fame, glory, and to not be covered in salty goodness, this player wound up last and shall remain a salt pillar forever as a punishment for looking back at God's destruction in the game!

So John (Cam) conratulations!! YOU'RE THE SUPER (SALTY) STAR!

Results for Brawl Singles:

1: Reflex :pt:
2: Elev8 :popo:
3: Kismet :falco::metaknight:
4: Micaelis :metaknight::dk2:
5: George :rob::kirby2:
5: Bill_:falco::snake:
7: 4GOD:dedede:
7: Shaslam:metaknight:
9: Spade:marth::falco:
9: Serin:dedede:
9: Ragnarok:metaknight:
9: Nice1:snake:
13: Jin:snake:
13: Aloha:popo:
13: JMIX:mario2::luigi2:
13: Cam:pikachu2:
17: Wulfy:falco:
17: Ingulit:diddy:
17: iPuff:rob:
17: Ryker:falco:
19: Jay:snake::random:
19: Osmo:zerosuitsamus:
19: M3t:gw:
19: <v^>:zerosuitsamus:
25: Onion:mario2:
25: Prince Alias:zelda::pikachu2::lucas:
25: DaBomb :popo::link2:
25: Kalm:dk2:
25: Seth:zelda:
25: Senliten:ike:
31: BSkit :rob:
31: Cheap:peach:

(If I don't have who you used, feel free to PM me or correct/tell me in thread.)

Melee singles will be posted when I get them from Sleepy K.

Results for Brawl Doubles:
1: Team Classic Nintendo (Bill_ and Micaelis) :metaknight:&:snake:
2: Fixin' to put them Hee Hees on'em (Kismet and Nice1) :snake:&:falco:or:metaknight:
3: The Bloodline (Reflex and Elev8) :dedede:&:jigglypuff::pt:
4: I don't care (George and Cheap)
5: The Resistance (Rag and Jin)
5: Aqualibrium (Shaslam and Kalm)
7: Fancy Onion (Ozmo and Onion)
7: Burning pillar of manly souls (Drew and Brannon)
9: Who's this guy? (Sentinel and Wulfy)
9: Team J (Justin-DaBomb)
9: Victorious Secret (Spade and DanGR)
9: OOooOOH *pivot grab* (Jay and Cam)

Melee Doubles was a winner take all 3 way round robin:
Should've Buffered it (Sleepy K and Drugged Fox)
What the Fox? (Azneal and Ragnarok)
DEMACIA! (iPuff and Ryker)

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I just got home, and I'm really tired. I'm pretty sure I went all Kirby for brackets and R.O.B. for most of pools. I also won a set in pools with Samus. I had a lot of fun today. I'll do shoutouts sometime later when my bed isn't making me fall asleep.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Oh my god, yesterday was awesome. I just got back, I'll happily do shoutouts after this narcoleptic gets some sleep. I actually did somewhat well for once, I'm so happy :'D

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I used a lot of Kirby in Doubles; even moreso than PT. I still only used PT in Singles, though.

Osmo used Zero Suit Samus.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I spent most of my time playing melee at this. I had more fun with it too :D

And I'm gonna need to step my god**** game up -__-

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Okay, let's get started!

Ryker: No johns, those were really close matches and you capitalized on each of my mistakes perfectly. It was really cool to hang out with you, and I really wish I had money on me for a MM rematch; maybe this November ;P Hope to see you around, great meeting you!

4GOD: It was great to meet you! Like I said, I had never played a good D3 before, and playing you really got me ready for the tournament. It was a lot of fun and showed how much I need to step it up xD Hope we get to play again soon.

DanGR: Do I really have to say anything? Our matches were AWESOME, and I swear I started playing exponentially better halfway through our matches, which helped me prepare for yesterday more than months of playing at UA xD Why couldn't you have come to UA, I miss playing you ;_; Hope to see you soon, mang. Come down sometime!

Aloha: You single-handedly showed me how much ICs practice I need. Stick to the Climbers, they do you a lot better than Falco :p Awesome matches, hope we play again sometime.

JMIX: OMGWTF WHO ARE YOU (lol j/k) Seriously, though, how did we get paired up so early? XD I'm entering every Brawl Night from now on until I figure you out, because dang it, you hard counter me as it is xD Great games, and obviously we'll be seeing more of each other soon :p

Cam, Spade: Great to see y'all again, but shame we never got crews started :( Did I ever get to play you, John? Anyway, good **** to both of y'all in the tournament. And I told you you should have stayed Marth against George, Ben xP Ben, you should come down too sometime, and bring Chris. We'll wake the neighbors xD

BSkit: You're definitely getting better from what I got to watch of you; I'm expecting that to translate into our practice! XD You really did well in your pool, and I promise we'll work on that whole Tilt/Shield/N-Air thing later ;P Not much to say, other than likely see you later today xP

elev8: Let me start off by saying your matches were probably some of the most fun I've seen in a long time; those ICs were epic! I really enjoyed the Yoshi match; it was another thing that really got me prepared for the tournament and it was a ton of fun. Thanks for actually playing me, it's always cool to see you :D
EDIT: AND YOU REMEMBERED HOW TO SAY MY NAME <3 <3

Reflex: So I herd u did gud in a turnament or sumtin, good shee >.> But really, it's always fun to watch you play too (runs in the family? :p). I really enjoyed our match at the end, and no johns on the whole pause/barrel thing. I did better than I expected, so I glad with how it went despite the end. Thanks for being cool and actually playing someone like me :p

Da Bomb: THANK YOU FOR DRIVING OMG <3 Now that that's out of the way, mad props for going Link in the tournament. I'm sure it won't be long until I'm fearing your ICs as well, and until then I'm getting MU experience off you and you're getting CG experience off me. Deal? :p

Billy: You know, you're just a really cool guy. Again, I never really expected the really good players to even notice me, much less hang out and play! It's always great to talk to you about what's going on/who is who (thank you so much btw about that), and our matches were epic. I honestly enjoy playing much, much better people than me and getting 3-stocked for good reason rather than just winning by going "Hurr Banana hurr Glide Toss hurr hurr." I hope I can find a local Snake so next time our matches will be a little closer next time :p

Micaelis: I only got to play you once, and that was a **** close match! It was really cool to talk to you for a lot of the same reason as Billy- you told me what was what and didn't just brush me off as some n00b xD Hope to see you again, our match was mad fun.

To EVERYBODY who helped host: thank you for making AUSOM 2... well, awesome! xD Really, though, I had an absolute blast, and if this means anything at all I had way more fun there than Siege last weekend. Y'all kept on-time and the place orderly, and created a great atmosphere for smash. Hopefully I can manage even close to that when I host my tournament down in T-Town, and here's to looking forward to AUSOM 3D!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Does anyone know who has the recorded video, and when they'll be put online?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
good **** shaslam? anyone

ANYONE?????????????? lol

shoutouts to
everyone in AL too good seeing you all as usual
michales: you showed me i dont know **** about mk

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Hmmmmm interesting... good ish billy in teams! How did reflex beat an ics wit pt? Plz show me vids!

_Keno_

Smash Lord
yo Wulfy, I resigned from the brawl tourny and therefore got all 0-2's in pools, why I am in the results for brawl? lol

Good games melee people (I'm sad I never got to play druggedfox), I'm glad I quit the brawl tourny for sleepyk's amazing peach help.

We need a real set next time Micaelis, a single game doesnt show much. =)

Aznseal

Smash Apprentice
yo Wulfy, I resigned from the brawl tourny and therefore got all 0-2's in pools, why I am in the results for brawl? lol

Good games melee people (I'm sad I never got to play druggedfox), I'm glad I quit the brawl tourny for sleepyk's amazing peach help.

We need a real set next time Micaelis, a single game doesnt show much. =)
Fun playing with you again russ. See you halloween :D

and you should go to rag's tournament in daphne

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Good tourney, but i just got back home and i got to go to work, I'll do shoutout later.

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
(I really need to change my username to Spade)

Let's see, where to start.....
I freakin' loved this tournament. There was rarely a time that I wasn't laughing, being entertained, or otherwise enjoying something. Also, someone post SALT PARTY 2 results, please.

Elev8: It was fun playing you in friendlies, though I think I only got to play your ICs in one match :p I have troubles with peach, and playing you proved that I need to work on that ;] GGs.

George: Your Kirby pwned me in brackets, but I was glad to gain some matchup experience haha. Nice playing you.

Billy: I have yet to play you, but I've heard lots. Maybe if I can watch your Marth sometime I'll learn better spacing, considering how everyone kept telling me you were tippering everything (even get up attack?) :p

Nice1: The only thing I regret in this whole tourney is thinking I'd survive at the top of Frigate while it flipped when you CP'd me there. I had it 1-0 and then from that point on you had the momentum in the set xP Good **** and thank you for the matchup experience. I still need some more practice against Snake.

Jin: GGs. I feel like besides the match above, everywhere anyone CP'd me was on my side (laser at halberd much?) Anyways, good stuff.

JMIX: I didn't play you in brackets/pools, but I had fun in friendlies. I'd never really played a good mario before you. ;]

Cam: I'm so glad we didn't have to play in brackets/pools. We always end up having to play each other and gay **** happens when we do lol. Otherwise, I had fun playing friendlies, and I'm still salty about that nickel MM in Melee. ~_~

Wulfy: I'm sorry you got gayed in our bracket matches. Otherwise, I had fun playing you, and I was glad to get some more experience against Falco.

Ingulit: Of course I enjoyed our matches, as usual, and I'm sure you were glad not to have to play me AGAIN in pools. I wish I would've gotten some more matches in friendlies in with you. I can always work on getting better against Diddy lol. And yeah, I know I shouda stayed Marth against George ;P

iPuff: You showed me how I need to work on getting better against R.O.B. and I had fun playing and talking to you. Good ****.

Ryker: I'm still a little salty Dan and I got knocked out of teams by you and m3t. No johns.... Also, salt party 2 was fun as **** and I'm not going to AUSOM 3D if there's no salt party 2 next time. I still remember getting that new record on Mecha-Marathon and hearing everyone's reaction =D

BSkit: I can tell, as I said, that you've gotten a ton better than last time I played you. Keep working on it! Also, thanks for more much needed R.O.B. experience :]

Cheap: Your peach pwns me. I don't even remember if I played you, but I still need the experience nonetheless XP

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I had a lot of fun at this tournament. I'm glad I made it up there to see you guys again. I can't wait until the next AL Tournament. I don't do shout outs often but here I go!...

@Cheap - Ha, I had a lot of fun in that match though. The odds of you pulling two bombs in one game! Amazing. Your Peach is pretty good and I'd love to play it again sometime to get some MU experience. You should try coming down to GA sometime too. The melee scene is legit down here.

@Ingluit - Yeah, I really enjoyed talking to you and had a lot of fun in that match. Sorry I didn't get to play you more. You seem like you really know what you're doing you just need some more experience in both match ups and in general. Knowing your character is an important aspect but you have to know how to make the correct decisions in any situation against any character. Random tip, you prob had me in that match too but you fell prey to something I notice a lot of Diddy's do... when you recover high against MK you have to be really conscious of the shuttle loop since Diddy's are prone to SideBing to recover and SL just shuts you down and your DI is nothing. I say this because almost every Diddy I play, I get at least one low SL gimp just like that a game, ha. So be careful! Go to as many tourneys as you can and get that experience! If I'm ever at the same tournament, just ask for some tips and I'll try as best as I can.

@George - Man George, you were in fire that tournament. I had a lot of fun playing you in both pools and bracket. You've gotten a lot better since I last played you and I hope you keep it up.

@Dan
- You need to come to more tournaments! Or at least the ones I'm at. Mad fun playing you and your PT is really getting legit. Your Squirtle is so good. If you can spare the time in the future, try to plan ahead to attending at least the next big AL tournament so I can hang out with you again.

@Billy - Made good playing in teams mate. We were in such good sync near the end in Grand Finals that it was kind of crazy. Your techs are too good and I'm so glad we didn't have to play in bracket this time around. I wish you were coming to MLG this weekend with us but you need to try to come to the 23rd Monthly (if we have it on that day) so we can play again. Oh and good luck with your girl, I never got to properly introduce myself to her which is a shame but she seems really cool and I hope it goes well for you.

@shaSlam - Slam, just keep working on that MK. You already got quite a few things right... you just need to work on which decisions are best in match ups. It all comes from experience so just keep at it and you'll do well. If you ever have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

@elev8 - Good matches and thanks for all the experience. Always a lot of fun hanging out with you at tournaments. I wish you could come to more but I'd do the same if I was you. Hopefully I'll see you soon. I really want to come up and hang out at your house again some weekend.

@Reflex - Good matches once again! I'm so happy for you that you won and that you did so well. You're such a great player and it's amazing you can do so much and still have fun playing the character you enjoy the most. You're also one of the people I have the most fun playing against and sorry that I play MK because I know it takes a lot of the fun out of it for you.

@Kismet - We never got to play because I'm just not good enough yet. I'm going to continue trying my best to get better and rep both GA and MK to their fullest extent. Loved hanging out with you as usual and thanks for all the friendlies. You really need to come to MLG with us; won't be the same without you.

@Serin - You played really well against me. Your timing on your dodges and all the buffering you do still never ceases to amaze me. I really hope you start going to more tournaments and getting more experience. Overall, a really good job.

@Levi - You've gotten so much better since last time we played. You really gave me a good run and even were winning minus the few big mistakes you made! Sorry you never got to play my MK. I'm sorry but I was feeling DK at the moment so I went with it. Next time I'll be sure to give you some MK practice. Hopefully I'll get to play you sometime in the near future.

@Spade - Pretty good Falco you got there. Never got to play the Marth but it looked good. You've got a lot of potential and I hope to play you again sometime. Oh, and congrats on doing so well!

@Nice1
- Good matches in doubles. Too bad I never got to play you in friendlies or singles. Your unorthodox Snake style got me pretty good early on. Way to jinx yourself by saying you were going to get 6-0'd in GFs, ha.

@Wulfy - Good job running the tournament and you came so close to beating me on Halberd that one game. You were totally crazy jumping off the side like that against MK. Totally crazy. Had a lot of fun though and hope to play you again.

@Everyone Else - Sorry if I didn't get to play you. The tournament was a lot of fun and had a really good turn out. I hope you all come back for the next one so I can maybe play you!

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Another successful AU tourney! I think this one had a 39 person turnout. Just a few shy of That Ain't Falco! 8D

The AU Crew would like to thank all our pool leaders for getting that **** done.

The AU Crew would also like to give a huge thanks to SleepyK for doing pretty much EVERYTHING for Melee, and recording the videos.

Thanks to everyone else for making this tournament a success, and keeping the place clean.

We had a blast and The Crew is looking forward to doing this again.

See you guys @ AUSOM 3D

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
aw man didnt see your name in brackets i guess you got eleminated in pools then

:D

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Lounis got scraped in pools. Got 0-2'd by everyone.

It was so embarrassing that we didn't add him to the result page.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Biglou SD'd 5 times with MK, that's what the **** happened.

Made me stop chaingrabbing the trash out of Spanimals to go watch, it was the most amazing thing ever.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU SD WITH A CHARACTER WHO 6 WAYS TO RECOVER IN BRAWL?! Ask lou, he's apparently pretty good at it.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
also gj getting 3 stocked by that random ike in pools, lounis.

i can help you out with the mk/ike MU i play plenty of them online. its pretty **** easy dude...

BigLøu

Smash Lord
The ike guy kinda schooled me, but the ganon player done near mopped the floor with me.

Me and dogy didn't make it out of brawl doubles pools either with our double mk team =(

stealth3654

Smash Lord
It's ok if you're not use to the salt, Dogy. Lounis has had 25 years of salt once. He's use to it.

Top Bottom