• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CONSOLE Player Tier List

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
So, due to demand, I will be making my version of the console player tier list. Listed will be the players that I have played in real life and their rankings. This list is based off of a player's best character. This list is not an absolute "official" tier list, just my opinion. If I have forgotten that we have played, let me know and I will add you to my list. My list is as follows:

S Tier

Isai, Superboom

A Tier
JaimeHR, Kefit

B Tier
AFM, Aut0matic, b-rex, ballin4life, blonde, Darth Rancorous, Drunk E Ness, Gay Sex, Nine-Tailed Assasin, s2j, SheerMadness, srbsburrito, TANK, thegreginator, Tigerbombz

C Tier
Dangerous, Dookdigity, Eikelmann, Gannon, Jel, jsolo, KnitePhox, Lovage, Meta, MiketheMike, Mushroom, Rufioo, sharksquail, Skeet, TANG, YoLeo

D Tier

Butters, Chizad, DRich, Evil Duky, Mr. BluntedBear, Nick, Olikus, Onski, schmeat, Sheen, Sigma Nu Raider, skamastaG, Sudo​

Again, this is my opinion, based on my experience. Now, what is YOUR Console Player Tier List?

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
yeah, kinda lol. I was fortunate enough to see some Isai vs Superboom matches on console. It was kinda like I was Piccolo watching SS Goku vs Freeza haha pretty intimidating

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
hmm... interesting...

I'm playing against Meta this weekend at a brawl tournament (lol brawl). But in 64 of course. Last time we played was forever ago (like a year and a half or so), but I have won the last two sets I've played against him.

We haven't played each other in a long time, so those matches are probably irrelevant at this point. But it's still interesting to see Meta up there when I'm probably around his level...

P D

Smash Ace
hmm... interesting...

I'm playing against Meta this weekend at a brawl tournament (lol brawl). But in 64 of course. Last time we played was forever ago (like a year and a half or so), but I have won the last two sets I've played against him.

We haven't played each other in a long time, so those matches are probably irrelevant at this point. But it's still interesting to see Meta up there when I'm probably around his level...
ive played meta before, he comes down to minnesota every summer(i think?) and we played. hes better than i expected him to be.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
again, this is based on my experience and it depends heavily on playstyles and characters. you may be able to beat Meta but wat if im able to beat u, blue yoshi :p, its all relative. also, he couldve gotten better as well.

also, what is everyone's console player tier list like? im curious to see these.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
Superboom
Unityole
Meta

others...

haven't played anyone outside of BC in person in 64 other than boom.
u should try to make it to the next Washington tourney, ill most likely be there as well as like a dozen other players. i really wanna see how i do against u :p

also, i had no idea unityole was that good. he was supposed to show up at the Washington tourney back in February but never showed up...

Kefit's that good??!! color me surprised. Goodonya, kefit.
yep, his pika 2-3-stocks my samus. my pika wouldve prolly done better but i didnt get a chance to use him against Kefit.

Also, people low in the B tier and high in the C tier are really close in skill level.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Basically a list of how often I have lost to people with my good characters.

A
isai/boom (never won a match)
tigerbombz (won like 1 or 2 friendlies vs his Yoshi lol)
s2j (won a tournament set once but got owned plenty of other times)

B
lovage (lost a tournament set once iirc)
amon amarth (won in tournament, lose friendlies here and there)
darth rancorous (same)
tang (lost a tournament set once, but that was a long time ago)
onski (got 4 stocked once ... ouch)

C
people that haven't beaten me

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
@ mattnf: agreed, but i feel more comfortable going against a pika than a fox as samus imo

@ ballin: u got 4-stocked by onski? haha, i definitely missed that

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Is your list ordered, Darth?

Are s2j and tiger above me?

If so I'll have to pwn them. =]

Mine would be something like:

S

Isai

A

moogle

B

Darth/Tank/Loto/TommyG

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
yes, my list is ordered. ur really good, but i think s2j and tigerbombz have a slight edge against u. also, tigerbombz's pika is too good. i havent played it personally, but ive seen it in action. he could prolly 5-stock my samus :(

hey sheer, where would u put urself in ur list?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
There was another good moogle. He was one of the top online players up to like 2007 probably. He still plays competitive melee.

I'd put myself a row above moogle. He was kind of already semi-retired when I played him 2 years ago so I had a slight advantage.

Battlecow

Play to Win
There was another good moogle. He was one of the top online players up to like 2007 probably. He still plays competitive melee.

I'd put myself a row above moogle. He was kind of already semi-retired when I played him 2 years ago so I had a slight advantage.
Lol I had no idea. That is so confusing. I bet I've seen that guy's name mentioned a million times and thought "Oh, A$. Right."

Metà

Smash Master
Wow people are actually talking about me? lol

I hardly ever play this game anymore, but I think I'm still pretty good at it. I did do ok against PD, but he usually plays using a different controller, so I don't think it's an entirely fair comparison.

And I'm looking forward to playing you next week Blue Yoshi. I'll get videos recorded, and see if I can get Jack to come back and play some 64.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
There are videos of moogle on youtube. I think I've seen him on this forum a few times before.

I don't get how A$'s name on this forum is DMoogle though lol that's pretty random.

Battlecow

Play to Win
There used to be vids of Moogle vs Isai....and not doing badly either
I'm countering the bad vids of me on Youtube with the not-as-bad ones... That guy?

Oh my god. I've been so disillusioned for so long... There needs to be a 72-pt announcement in the COME HERE FIRST about this.

TANK64

Smash Lord
what is this, I don't even

I'm pissed! XD

It's cool though. Forgot calling off work, I'm gonna quit to go to Genesis 2!

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
So, due to demand, I will be making my version of the console player tier list. Listed will be the players that I have played in real life and their rankings. This list is based off of a player's best character. This list is not an absolute "official" tier list, just my opinion. If I have forgotten that we have played, let me know and I will add you to my list. Rankings within a tier are very close and do mean that the player whose name is above another's ***** them completely, just that they're slightly better. My list is as follows:

S
Isai

A
Superboom

B
Tigerbombz
s2j
Kefit/SheerMadness/thegreginator

C
ballin4life/Meta/Skeet/Lovage
Darth Rancorous/blonde/srbsburrito/Tank/Chris(Gay Sex)/TANG
Rufioo/Jel/YoLeo/Sudo/Dangerous

D
Mr. BluntedBear/Onski/Sheen
Drunk E Ness/Chizad/DRich
jsolo/schmeat/Ganon

Again, this is my opinion, based on my experience. Now, what is YOUR Console Player Tier List?

I really wanna play Tiger, s2j, and ballin. Why does Cali get all the love??

I'm actually gonna try and come soon tho.

Also, Darth where would you put my friend skamastaG on that list? Just curious

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
This will all be settled at Genesis 2 xD

Unless you're a n00b.
Sensei is right everyone go to Genesis so that we can make this real.

Also I have a list of players I have played in real life and this list is my opinion of how did vs them and what i saw or have seem them do in competitive tournaments

SS
Isai

S
SuPeRbOom

A
Kefit

B
Brax/Bladewise/Pushanka/Stuart/Darth Rancorous/Mew2King/Tommy/Synergy/Kamaji/Timmy/Asunder/Sudo/Zeionut/Spiegel

C
Chizad/D.mac/Eggz/Creon/Felix/Kev2K/Odyssey/Vertigopills

Brax is the only player in B that Im sure is geting up to A. I will update this list as I play more players on console

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
Yo, how come I don't there still..... sigh..... I lost my phone with all your guys numbers and have failed at getting back in the loop...... saw this post and was like I gotta get higher on that list. I've been practicing all the same, and have hit a new level now I think. So darth, hit me up and I wanna see if you'll put me higher on the list then.

MattNF

Smash Lord
I'd go to genesis 2 if it wasn't on the other side of the country

pretty much ****s over east coasters unless you have a ton of money

D

Deleted member

Dmoogle with more driveby censor dodging infractions

He is like the mafia of mods....

Battlecow

Play to Win
^^ Loooooooooooooooool.

So I'm taking a 2,000 mile road trip to Antioch now. Who wants to come with? Get at me, midwest.

Top Bottom