• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] LanSmash 2011 dates JESSICA-BIRDS APPROVED

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Just something quick. JB, head admin for LanSmash, a long running tournament gaming event in Brisbane has sent me the dates for next year's events at QSAC.

Summer - Feb 5-6
Autumn - August 16-17 (EDIT: lolwut)
Winter - July 2-4
Spring - Sept 17-18
Santa - Dec 10-11

These are booked and not changing.
Generally, QLD's big tournaments are attached to LanSmash.

I'm not in a position where I want to officially announce anything, but, keep your peepers peeled for something early 2011 :p

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Sweet as dates are awesome, as long as nothing is on the 15th of any month.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Tiger flights to Brisbane are $118 return if you purchase them now (this is typically cheaper than flying to Sydney). Buy them now before 2/3rds of Melbournians screw themselves over by leaving things to the 11th hour.

Sirias

Smash Champion
$118 return lmfao, don't be TOO cheap. :D

QLD is gaycore.
Valley is buffing itself up, though, now, and isn't full of knobs and fail clubs.
I wanna go to Dreamworld again.
Or Movieworld for the FIRST time! :D:D:D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If Amaterasu is going I'd like him to show us a good place to eat in Sunnybank

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Cao, to Buffet Gardens!

All you can eat buffet with... food and stuff.

Rad

Smash Ace
Even when it is, there still tends to be tempting stuff like chips which fill you up quickly.

=(

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Sunnybank is aaaalright, most of the places are pretty similiar, good prices though.
Also whats up with the Autumnsmash date?

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Don't go to buffet garden... It's cheap but the food is absolutely horrendous. Last time i went there, i got food poisoning and was up all night vomiting. My general rule is if you can't see their kitchen, it's usually pretty sus.

Sunnybank has most of your typical take-aways with a few asian restaurants around the area. I usually get sushi there though. They have a pretty sweet sushi train.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Haha yea, the food is pretty mediocre, never got food poisoning from there though.

There's also nice places to eat in South Bank of if you're feeling fancy, The Emporium in the valley.

MTGod

Smash Champion
QLD heat would make the Icey Ice taste amazing!

EDIT: Added an exclamation mark because I was exclaiming.

Sirias

Smash Champion
PANCAKE MANOR! :D:D:D <3<3<3
Oriental Corner is yum. c: Sometimes... In the City.
There's not so many good places in Brissie that are reasonably priced.
Most are pretty CRUD.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
oi oi, i mention Sunnybank cus Chris wanted to eat therr last time and I convinced everyone to go to this new Korean BBQ place in the city which disappointed Billy since it wasn't like LA Korean BBQ lol.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
There's a decent looking korean BBQ at sunnybank plaza, it's new and next to the sushi train.

The buffet garden is horrendous.. not even cheap for how bad the food is. If you want a good cheap buffet just go to Sizzler, I don't think they have Sizzler outside of QLD and NSW. I went to one of the best buffets I've ever been to last week for my birthday in the city at Stamford Plaza. It was $59, but the buffet included fresh seafood (prawns, mudcrab, sandcrab, bay bugs, oysters, mussels) as well as a hotbox with roast meats & veges, salads and an enormous dessert bar with ice cream, cheese cake etc.. located riverside as well.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
Nah a customer with psychiatric problems put rat poison in the salad bar at one of the stores and they all shut down for a while because of the incident.. that's why they have security cameras everywhere now. Sizzler is decent for the price, $30 and you can get a steak with a side, plus salads, soups, pasta, desserts, drinks and cheese toast.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Rob, you've obviously never had a medium rare steak with salt and pepper calamari + salad bar + drinks + beef sliders.

I don't like the other food choices at sizzler though. I just love a delcious, juicy steak.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I don't like Sizzler that much for the price they have, either.
It's OK at best, not decent/good.
I've only gone to the ones at Toowong and Carindale, though, so maybe there are better ones?

West End has most of the better places to eat, and Paddington, and the Gabba and the Valley all have nice places, and some other one... Red Hill? Or... Something, close to the city, can't remember the name.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Sizzlers is sooooo crap haha only good for free refills and sometimes desserts. Hogsbreath is much better, little bit more pricey but their steaks are well worth it.

Top Bottom