• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A other way to play with the Grenade

napZzz

Smash Hero
sort of ******** to do to a good mk, but I like the concept of the trick, gonna have to steal it and try and find uses for it

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Can you do it in midair too? If so it has lots of mix-up potential with single pivots, bair, airdodges and other stuff.

Everkill, are you killone from france?

:059:

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Looks like a Reverse-B into a B-reversal... Smash Lab should probably rename one of those.

Reverse-B = Light reverse. No change in momentum, lightly press back+B

B-Reversal = Use a B-move and rapidly hit towards the other direction. Changes momentum.

everkill

Smash Rookie
Can you do it in midair too? If so it has lots of mix-up potential with single pivots, bair, airdodges and other stuff.

Everkill, are you killone from france?

:059:
I'm still Everkill from France to lol.

And for other ppls,This technique can be exploited so as to make joint ventures with other techniques but it will have already learned it well.
Jumping in the air is not suicide because often we see happen in the tornado and we have time to reply, but even if there is no tornado no matter the attack will be carried out through MK will make explode the grenade.

ps: bad english i'm from france lol

IF you have any questions ask me :D

**Havok**

Smash Lord
I'm still Everkill from France to lol.

And for other ppls,This technique can be exploited so as to make joint ventures with other techniques but it will have already learned it well.
Jumping in the air is not suicide because often we see happen in the tornado and we have time to reply, but even if there is no tornado no matter the attack will be carried out through MK will make explode the grenade.

ps: bad english i'm from france lol

IF you have any questions ask me :D
Explain it!! lol

everkill

Smash Rookie
I've seen this, IIdk I feel like UP B will kill me faster than Nado lol
You should do it but not Spam it,,what i mean with this technique it's when you see a MK coming to you with "nado,(i've seen a lot of your vids ally(against alot of mk))you take out a grenade and shield but if he spam it you will hit at a moment.

Can you try it for All Snake players ?and approuved or rejected this technique against mk nado ?
:)

and this is not only for MK ,we can do it against other characters to,and they don't have the abused UP B of Mk -,-

etecoon

Smash Hero
or shield, this looks extremely impractical for nado

may have some other uses though

Toneh

Smash Lord
not good, u can get grounded up b'd, d-tilted or d-smashed at ur feet when u land, grabbed..

plus u get sent above mk by the explosion.

everkill

Smash Rookie
not good, u can get grounded up b'd, d-tilted or d-smashed at ur feet when u land, grabbed..

plus u get sent above mk by the explosion.
the jump distance can be modified, you can choose to stay put . it's will look like just a normal jump and nade .

Judo777

Smash Master
I might be mistaken but it looks like hes just jumping backward and b reversing a grenade at the MK. Cause the one time he messes up he just jumps backwards.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I might be mistaken but it looks like hes just jumping backward and b reversing a grenade at the MK. Cause the one time he messes up he just jumps backwards.
I still think he's doing a reverse-B to a B-reverse.

Also Xiivi needs to stop changing the emoticons. :glare:

Except I'm totally going to be using :glare: all the time now.

everkill

Smash Rookie
I still think he's doing a reverse-B to a B-reverse.

Also Xiivi needs to stop changing the emoticons. :glare:

Except I'm totally going to be using :glare: all the time now.
No !! Jump => B REVERSE and press in the opposite direction

You should have a good timing for that.

Example :

Snake look to right, u do a Jump=> B and press Left (B reverse) and Right instantly.

distance can be modified when u hold(the opposing direction) few or long times .(my 2nd vid)

i don't know how to explain more easily , this is what i do :/

bad english i know ><' :c

It's okay everkill.

So we should be playing brawl more against CPUs for random reasons....

Interesting :glare:

everkill

Smash Rookie
A B-reverse is using a B-move and pressing in the opposite direction. :x

I so wish I just had a working copy of Brawl.. I could confirm how this is done myself...
it's hard to explain but i should precise somethink ,

After B reverse , you should press the opposite direction of the B reverse .

it's like that : example (Snake look at right)

Jump B<= immediatly u press =>(hold for long distance)

or Jump B<= =>(hold)

is more understandable or not?:(

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm gonna go figure out how to do this and come back with results

EDIT: Just like I thought, this is similar to something I was playing around with as ic's/falco around a week ago. Keep in mind when I say B reversal i'm referring to when you MOMENTUM change with it, not just turn around the way you're facing

what he does is jump to the left FACING TO THE RIGHT and very quickly does a reverse? b reversal, I dont know if they have different names, there are 2 types of momentum changes, one where if you're facing forward and going to the right in the air, you b reverse so snake changes momentum and shifts so he goes to the left WHILE FACING THAT DIRECTION

this is the b reversal where if you're going to the right with your momentum in the air with your BACK facing to the right,
you would b reverse by hitting to the RIGHT (this one has a more strict timing) that makes snake go to the left but with his body facing to the right now, instead of going to the left

bad explanation, but ya. He short hops with a little bit of momentum so snake is going forward facing backwards then b reversals to turn around and face the other way

RayquazaTheKip

Smash Rookie
What is a reverse-B? Also, from the video, I don't understand what you are doing....
EDIT: I see what a reverse-B is. I will test this later to see if I can do it :bee:

everkill

Smash Rookie
Guys ,
Should i make a other vid only for explain how to do it ?step by step ?

i have done my best to explain how to do but it's really hard to realise ,you should practice it hard and when u got the timing it will be easy to do .

Toneh

Smash Lord
I'm gonna go figure out how to do this and come back with results

EDIT: Just like I thought, this is similar to something I was playing around with as ic's/falco around a week ago. Keep in mind when I say B reversal i'm referring to when you MOMENTUM change with it, not just turn around the way you're facing

what he does is jump to the left FACING TO THE RIGHT and very quickly does a reverse? b reversal, I dont know if they have different names, there are 2 types of momentum changes, one where if you're facing forward and going to the right in the air, you b reverse so snake changes momentum and shifts so he goes to the left WHILE FACING THAT DIRECTION

this is the b reversal where if you're going to the right with your momentum in the air with your BACK facing to the right,
you would b reverse by hitting to the RIGHT (this one has a more strict timing) that makes snake go to the left but with his body facing to the right now, instead of going to the left

bad explanation, but ya. He short hops with a little bit of momentum so snake is going forward facing backwards then b reversals to turn around and face the other way
Easier directions: Jump facing backwards, b reverse, then move the joystick back in the other direction as your falling.

In the video he's doing it really fast though. Just call it the backwards b-reversal or reverse b-reversal lol

napZzz

Smash Hero
ya. This **** is really useful with falco in your laser game too =D

its just sort of hard to be consistent with

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
eeeh did i understand this right?

you jump facing your opponent, then do a reverse-b ( without momentum change), after that hold the controle stick in the direction youre flying to cover more distance.

?

napZzz

Smash Hero
no, you wanna jump facing AWAY from the opponent but DI towards then a little then do the b reverse momentum change that turns you around the other way away from them and makes you facing them afterwards

everkill

Smash Rookie
no, you wanna jump facing AWAY from the opponent but DI towards then a little then do the b reverse momentum change that turns you around the other way away from them and makes you facing them afterwards
Man you mean you've succed to do what i've done ?if yes, thank you for explain how to do to other ppls, i've tried but none can understand me e_e.
:urg:

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Looks cool, but very unsafe. If you know a nado is coming...pull out nade on ground and shield drop it so you don't trade damage. Jumping at MK with a nade to make an explosion just means you can get comboed more immediately after. But it's a nice mixing up I suppose.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Get grabbed... or anything else, its not hard to hit Snake without touching his nades at all... just know your hitboxes (Which every Top Player does know about his Main)

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Looks like a Reverse-B into a B-reversal... Smash Lab should probably rename one of those.

Reverse-B = Light reverse. No change in momentum, lightly press back+B

B-Reversal = Use a B-move and rapidly hit towards the other direction. Changes momentum.
You mean it is a wave bounce?
Also, are all you all serious? You never really tested wave bouncing nades? I thought that Snakes would have tested every possibly thing for nades.....

Top Bottom