• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NEW ENGLAND] Mass Madness 23 Results - October 16th, 2010

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
DOUBLES
1: Htails (Jtails + Helper) ($44.00)
2: I have no idea (Hinkage + Pelka) ($24.00)
3: We're Gaga for fats (Ace + KoolAid) ($12.00)
4: Royal Treatment (Dark Peach + Dill) ($0.00)
5: Waffles Fries (Prawn + Etecoon) ($0.00)
5: sauce sauces saucers while adept adeptly disproves the alphabet (C. Awesome + Adept) ($0.00)
7: *****s (Zao + Fats)
7: Poobalicious (Poob + Victo)
9: The musical zoo (Majorgamer + Metalpat)
9: Ninja Turtles (Hayato + UnknownForce)

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/3647/mmdoubles.gif

SINGLES
1: Koolaid ($107.52) :pit: :metaknight:
2: Jtails ($49.28) :metaknight: :diddy:
3: Riot ($31.36) :zelda:
4: Dark Peach ($17.92) :peach:
5: Helper ($8.96) :metaknight:
5: C. Awesome ($8.96) :snake:
7: Hinkage :metaknight:
7: Dill :rob:
9: Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew
9: X
9: Prawn and technicolor rainbow
9: Unknown Force
13: Nacho
13: Bass
13: Etecoon
13: Artemis
17: MajorGamer
17: -Sight-
17: Peachkid
17: AKC12
17: Adept
17: TheZhuDoctor
17: MetalPat
17: Lucky D
25: Poob
25: GTZ
25: Singer
25: Slayers

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8813/mmsingles.gif

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
1: Koolaid - Good job getting first, I wish I coulda faced you in the finals but Jtails was too good -_-!
2: Jtails - Nice to meet you! Your Ness made me feel like I should learn Sheik a little bit... but I hate that ***** so much.
3: Riot - Keep it up somehow?
4: Dark Peach - Our matches were a blast! Good job and I hope to see you again!
5: Helper - Scary matches, but I guess I caught on fast. That Lucas is so aggressive I was definitely terrified for the majority of our matches.
5: C. Awesome - Good job going from early losers bracket to this high up. Congratz!
7: Hinkage - Nice to play you in tournament finally, I was surprised you stayed meta.
9: X - I hate taking out other Low Tiers, but those were some decent matches none the less. Good job!
17: Peachkid - Just keep practicing, I don't think you should worry about this kinda stuff. We know this stuff happens.
25: Slayers - How did your first tournament go? Keep going and we will see you placing better in no time!

If I missed anyone I'm sorry!

We need Fatal and Bloodcross and TeeVee not to come to more NE tournaments so i can keep making money lol.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
As I did not attend this, I'd like people who did attend to inform me of top8 character usage.

Because Bizkit is a buttface and is composed primarily of cabbage

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
OMGGGGGG IT'S SO EASY TO GUESS SDJKLFLKJ

1: Koolaid ($107.52) - PROBABLY PIT
2: Jtails ($49.28) - PROBABLY MK WITH A MIX OF A BUNCH OF OTHER RANDOM *** CHARS
3: Riot ($31.36) - ZELDA
4: Dark Peach ($17.92) - HMMMM
5: Helper ($8.96) - LUCAS OR MK
5: C. Awesome ($8.96) - SNAKEEEEEEE
7: Hinkage - MK
7: Dill - WHO THE **** IS THIS?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
i should infract you for trolling

but i won't because i'm a caring and understanding individual with a fine taste in wine

now, if anyone who went would fill me in, that'd be swell.

Almo

Smash Ace
Dill plays ROB.

Pelca you got tapped this tourney, you trash son. :D

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
SINGLES
1: Koolaid ($107.52) - Pit/Usual Assortment
2: Jtails ($49.28) MK/Diddy?
3: Riot ($31.36) - Zelda
4: Dark Peach ($17.92) - Peach
5: Helper ($8.96) - MK
5: C. Awesome ($8.96) - Snake
7: Dill - Rob

Riot, I'm hurt. :'(

HelpR

Smash Ace
OMGGGGGG IT'S SO EASY TO GUESS SDJKLFLKJ

1: Koolaid ($107.52) - PROBABLY PIT
2: Jtails ($49.28) - PROBABLY MK WITH A MIX OF A BUNCH OF OTHER RANDOM *** CHARS
3: Riot ($31.36) - ZELDA
4: Dark Peach ($17.92) - HMMMM
5: Helper ($8.96) - LUCAS OR MK
5: C. Awesome ($8.96) - SNAKEEEEEEE
7: Dill - WHO THE **** IS THIS?
lol bizkit

Also, fairly accurate, and dill went all ROB

Personally, I went all MK at this, except for my set against riot.

Only complaint is that I had to fight two of my bros so early in the tourney, but I guess that's what happens when you get seeded with random status lol, especially after I pointed out me and jtails fighting 2nd round earlier in the day during seeding, but w/e. it musta been difficult to seed this one.

shout outs!

1: Koolaid ($107.52): In hindsight, I really shoulda fought you, but I was just so friggin tired and hungry that I knew that I wouldnt do myself justice against you. I do apologize for rushing your friendlies with jtails but I needed some non-mcdonalds grub in me.
2: Jtails ($49.28): Mah boy. It was fun teaming with you bro, but I know i'm a **** teammate. If you do team with me again, we'll ****, since you taught me so much stuff, and i'll try to be a better teammate.
3: Riot ($31.36): ZELDA. lmao, I wanted to see how you played when you were forced to go all out with an overaggressive low tier. Needless to say it was fun as hell fighting your zelda, but I feel I coulda done better. Maybe next time i'll use my MK against you lol
4: Dark Peach ($17.92): peachy.
5: Helper ($8.96): Haaah. so taking into account gas money and how much I won, not counting food I JUST broke even for today. And i'm okay with that, but let's get first next time!
7: Hinkage: Fun doubles matches doood.
7: Dill: robots.
9: X: link. I dunno dude, when I was fighting you, I knew I was fighting a link main, but I felt some weird aura from you and knew if I went lucas I would regret it. I usually dont fight those feelings so I went MK, but maybe next time we'll do low tiers.
9: Prawn and technicolor rainbow: lol ICs. I wanted a MM, but I was just too tired, and realized that after fighting pelca I just want gonna put up a good fight.
999: Mattdotzeb: Fun tourney, you ran it really well, but I wish you had double checked the seeding or at least asked us to make sure the only 4 OOSers didnt fight each other until at least semifinals, as I woulda prefered a crap seed as opposed to fighting one of my boys early, but it's coo dude, it was an awesome tourney and you're very skilled as a TO, keep it up.

I dont remember alot of names from this tourney.... but I feel kinda bad that I dont remember much outside of top 10.

If you remember me, lemmie know and i'll give you a proper shoutout lol.

I'd like to personally invite yall to my tourney coming up in november, click on my siggy

Just... take a bus, that 4 hour car ride is a pain when everyone's asleep lol.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
999: Mattdotzeb: Fun tourney, you ran it really well, but I wish you had double checked the seeding or at least asked us to make sure the only 4 OOSers didnt fight each other until at least semifinals, as I woulda prefered a crap seed as opposed to fighting one of my boys early, but it's coo dude, it was an awesome tourney and you're very skilled as a TO, keep it up.

Yeah, I should have reviewed the bracket after Ace and Koolaid gave it a thumbs up. Next time you guys are at one of my events (Soon, I hope!) you wont have to worry about anything like that happening again.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
This was extremely difficult to seed, but in Winner's Semi Finals it was going to be unavoidable that New York would play if they won their matches.

You and Dill was a small mistake we made that we didn't catch, but I definately was trying. The whole bracket was annoying to seed in general.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Damm, look at all them broken high tiers under that Peach and Zelda. Ha ha ha! Fun tourny. Been a lob time since I went to a MM tourny. Glad I came to this to see some new and old faces.

Jtails- Sorry man. I ****ed it up for all of us. I was suppose to kick koolaids as in winners, so I have officially second place. Then the loser out of you and helpr was suppose to just finish off koolaid. That way NYC take top three. Screw that top for with our boy Dill. My bad man, I almost had that set and choke at the last min a usual. It's ok, I won't let that happen again.He beat both of us. We can't go out like that dude. Good **** getting second

Koolaid- Good games man. Shoot, went aggressive at the last min and cost me. But I was bringing it back and I know you was scared. That set was nearly mine. Next time I see yyou I am gonna whip that ***. Gonna pull some crazy Peach **** on you you have yet to experience. Good job beating NYC for first. And ha ha ha at you being scared to go meta on me against a Peach. For a Peach to put fear in a meta knight makes me know I did something right. You can thank my NYC boys for that. They helped me so much on dealing with meta. really when he is playing gay.

Riot- I am gonna be real with you, cause I am like that with everyone. I was a lil ticked that I lost to you in losers. But I just could not keep up with that crazy zelda of yours anymore. I was to drained from dealing with gay matches just to get this far. And you know how it is with out characters to keep our mental stamina and energy to play well. We don't have it as easy and these broken snakes and metas and all these other cheap fools. But despite me lacking brain power, you actually derved that win. Cause yyou have it worst than I do. My character ***** yours. And I know you was drained too. really after our set in winners. Yet you managed to still use all the strength you had to keep your game up. I could not. So you proved better than me that match. So after a while of thinking. I got over it. and was not ticked anymore that you beat me. I'm actually really proud of you that you kikced my ***. Gay *** nakes and metas good not do it. But you did. That says something. There should be some shame for a peach losing to a zelda. But with you, Hell no. Glad you placed this high. Character like Zelda seriously need the rep and show this stupid smash community what underatted characters can do and what skills REALLY is. So congrats for beating me and getting third. Best Zelda in the world. You should be proud of yourself. Cause I seriously am for you.

Dark.Pch - For once I am actually proud of myself. If I was still in the same slump as I was before, I would not not placed this far for sure. Just all tournys I been in for a year, I placed like ****, and losing to just about everyone. Good or bad. And it seems like I am slowly coming out of it. For that I would like to thank my NYC people like Jtails, helpr and Wes for helping me out. Cause of you, I was able to slowly bring back that pro Peach status that I had back in 2009. I am not gonna jinx it though. I am not at full power yet. But this tourny showed I am slowly getting all my power back. Cause seriously, I would have not placed this high at all. I would have gotten last place. Now to focus a lil more and see if I can unleash the beast with in. Show people why Peach is too good for this trash *** game.

Helpr- As I said to Jtails, sorry for screwing over NYC like that. Top three should have been us. But **** happens. Thanks for everything dealing with this tourny. And thanks for that meta knight warm up. That got me ready to face a gay meta and beat him.

Dill- You are a really good teammate man. Don't worry about it. I need to get my glasses. Some of the crap that happened was my fault. Dude to me not seeing correctly. Like thinking I had a turnip in my hand and I roll thinking I could glide toss., thus losing my last stock. I am still stock on stupid with that. But seriously, our team work was beast. I'll gladly team with you any time you want. I did Peach and ROB with TV and we won a tournament like that. And we started from losers cause I got to the tourny late. So I know how to work with a ROB. Good Job at this tourny though. Get the snake practice so you won't lose to a snake like that again.

Prawn- Oh boy, you have an *** kicking coming to you so bad next time I see you. I'm gonna enjoy this money match so bad. Good seeing you though. Funny how you was one of the people I hated in the smash community and you turned out to be cool. get ready for our next meet. I am gonna unleash the holy hell on your *** for beating my boy Peachkid.

Peachkid- **** your placing dude. Seriously, don't even think about this. Think about what I told you at the tourny. I been in that slump for nearly a year, losing to everyone and just doing horrible. It took me that long to get some of my 2009 pro Peach status back. Peach is not an easy character to beast with. And for that, people can get away with alot of stuff on you. No matter what character you fight. It aint easy. I could go to my next tourny and get dead last again. It's hard to be on point with Peach all the time. Losts of people don't know what it is like to have a character like that to avoid placings like this. So think about all that me and roit told you. This dude got freaking third with ZELDA. ****ING ZELDA. So imagine what ou can get with Peach. You saw what I got here and all those gay matches I had. it was so tiring and stressful. Idk how the hell I was able too keep it up to hold outin these gay matches to win with Peach. But I did it. So you can do. Play out of your region more. Learn match ups on wifi. Trust me it helps. **** trying to win or what these wifi losers say if they beat you. Just practice match ups. Apply it to offline with pratice and ****. Thats how I beasted in tournies in 2008 and 2009. Thats how ally, adhd, and anti got good and *****. You don't play people that can abuse the **** out of your habits. You need to start doing that. The more you get *****, the better you will get, and faster too. That will force you off your habit. it begins and ends with you. Remember that.

Pelca- Sorry I did not wanna MM you. I was to tired after all the matches I had to deal with to place like this. Peach is freaking stressful and tiring, wether I win or lose. VC8 I'll MM you dude. Peach vs Falco. Then we can do Peach Vs meta if you want.

That DDD play I palyed for 5 bicks- Nice games dude. You almost had me both games. Had to switch up at the last min since you knew how to catch on to me. it was a fun match.

Matt- Good saing you again man. Been a while. But glad I game. Once again dude, just like the old days, good job running this tourny. The pay out was also pretty good and even for this many entrants. You are a beast. Will come to another one of your events.

Thats about it, anyone else I missed, sorry. Glad I came to this. Thanks to NYC peeope for that 1 dollar tournament we had to get ready for this. Me getting second gace me some confidence to do well at this. And nice seeing some old and new faces.

Peach And Zelda are too good for this wack *** game. Remember that kids.

Jtails

Smash Lord
hey koolaid and I split :p

1: Koolaid ($77.52) MK/Pit (i think snake) good stuff in wf ***** me in the ditto :p It was a pleasure to play you, and thanks for the tips :D best pit on EC!
1: Jtails ($77.28) MK/Diddy/Ness I learned my other ever present weaknesses, working on them, surely.
3: Riot ($31.36) Zelda Great zelda! I really enjoyed our set, and ness was my first main <3
4: Dark Peach ($17.92) Peach Good **** dark :) that poly training paid off huh? I'm glad you're getting your groove back!
5: Helper ($8.96) MK/Lucas good **** jeff :) im glad you did well, too bad you were exhausted. good stuff in teams too, im glad we practiced stuff!
5: C. Awesome ($8.96) Snake GJ, fun friendlies.
7: Hinkage MK? good stuff in doubles dude
7: Dill ROB It's hard for rob, but keep it up!
9: Prawn and technicolor rainbow IC no toon link for you! haha that was too easy for you.
13: Nacho Yoshi fun *** friendlies man, delta has some competition!
17: Lucky D It was cool meeting you, you were super chill. fun playing you in street fighter!! :D I'll see you on stream sometime.

matt: very well run tournament I had alot of fun here, if it wasn't 4 hours away I'd deff come more often.
NE: you guys are all really cool and friendly, definitly a fun region. shouts to verm, pelca, starlight, fats, aileen

C.Awesum

Smash Cadet
1: Koolaid ($107.52) : idk if fats ate that cookie
2: Jtails ($49.28) : yup, nice friendlies hope to play again soon and such
3: Riot ($31.36) : amazinggggg BEST ZELDA?
4: Dark Peach ($17.92) : dam bob-ombs
5: Helper ($8.96) : PREVIOUS LUCAS MAIN BEATS HINKAGE
5: C. Awesome ($8.96) : Sauce
7: Hinkage : GJ
7: Dill : snake should not be outcamping rob
9: Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew : lolaaron
9: X : SONICMAIN
9: Prawn and technicolor rainbow : complete garb
9: Unknown Force : how dare you take my friend out of winners
13: Nacho : grats on beating that scrubby falco main
13: Bass : i didn't get my chance at revenge (!)
13: Etecoon : thanks for calling me the campiest person youve ever played :D
13: Artemis : creep
17: MajorGamer : ohi
17: -Sight- : WOWGETGOODSCRUB
17: Peachkid : Peachkid: (quote) "Yukkuri ****ette Ne!!"
17: AKC12 : ANOTHER CREEP
17: Adept : BROFORCE
17: TheZhuDoctor : im not sure who you are
17: MetalPat : DAM YOU FOR AVOIDING MY ROOFIO/KWESSCHANS COMBO
17: Lucky D : awesome dhalsim
25: Poob : WHO ARE YOU
25: GTZ : WHO ARE YOU
25: Singer : adept does not use marth
25: Slayers : WHERE ARE THESE PEOPLE COMING FROM

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
one minute I'm getting top 3, and the next im getting second to last

Peachkid: NE's most inconsistently good player. But he also wins the consistently bad player award!

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Pelca getting in on that inconsistency award too. The PRs are so ****ed lmao, so many random *** upsets.

HelpR

Smash Ace
This was a pretty fun tourney a lot of up sets when most of the top 5 left lol

Shout outs later
I love brawl and all bro, but 2 things take precedence over it

A. not getting home at 3 oclock in the morning
B. not fainting from lack of food

I honestly woulda stayed till 11 personally if we werent looking at that long as hell trip home.

Also, shout outs to the venue, not much access to much food, but awesome arcade machines, i particularly like the SF2 pinball machine and the multigame machine. I've always wanted to invest money in making a gaming venue in NY, and I think it'd be exactly like this.

So Fatal

Smash Master
I love brawl and all bro, but 2 things take precedence over it

A. not getting home at 3 oclock in the morning
B. not fainting from lack of food

I honestly woulda stayed till 11 personally if we werent looking at that long as hell trip home.

Also, shout outs to the venue, not much access to much food, but awesome arcade machines, i particularly like the SF2 pinball machine and the multigame machine. I've always wanted to invest money in making a gaming venue in NY, and I think it'd be exactly like this.
theres a mcdonalds like 2 seconds from it lol.

what did pelca enter as?

Doubles payouts = lol and 19$ diffrence from 3rd and 2nd? Hmmm

and PK don't count souper bowls as legit tourneys lol

HelpR

Smash Ace
mcdonalds makes me sick unfortunately, every time I eat the stuff i start feeling mad sluggish, and the only thing I can stand to eat are their nuggets, lol

pretty sure pelca entered as -sight-

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
there used to be a quiznos but it went out of business

there is however, a supermarket across the street, as well as a Friendly's.

HelpR

Smash Ace
went to the friendlies to eat right after actually, then went to the stop and shop to buy a seltzer for the long trip home.

Love myself some fizzy water.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
lol.. i didn't main ganon, thats why I lost.. jk..

it's suprising that after several announcements of my return, (formerly s.b.soldier) that everyone still doesn't know my GTZ smash tag... as for "slayers" he's the kid I brought with me.. as for who am I? well people recognize my face, but my tag is different now so it's understandable... I was ehh, ok with my main G&W, I get tricked into those stupid diddy banana combos too easily.. Next time I may just go with my lower tier main.. (not ganon)

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
1: Koolaid ($107.52) : Nice job getting 1st place, tho I already predicted this.... but with Pit o_O
2: Jtails ($49.28) : Your good with a handful of characters as I watched some of your matches, nice job getting 2nd. Next time we shall play for sure, making sure you don't have to leave asap =P
3: Riot ($31.36) : I knew you would ****, but not this much... BEST ZELDA, Triforce FTW
4: Dark Peach ($17.92) : Nice to see you again in tourney and what ya know you place good again when I met you a 2nd time XD. Play me next time man, keep up the Peach.
5: Helper ($8.96) : Can't believe you sandbagged me and went yo pocket MK and I still lost... REVENGE NEXT TIME! D:<
5: C. Awesome ($8.96) : I didn't even know you were here sadly... I wanna play you and that Snake next time =S
7: Hinkage : We also didn't get to play >__>
7: Dill : Cool R.O.B watched some of your matches, we should play next time ;D
9: Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew : uh... this name has puzzled me so IDK YOU
9: X : Dat Link Yo
9: Prawn and technicolor rainbow : Nice seeing you again, winning them money matches, play next time?
9: Unknown Force : Cool MK still have yet to play you tho.
13: Nacho : HANDS OFF MY NACHOS!!!
13: Bass :Great games man should of stuck to Kirby tho, but fun DK =D
13: Etecoon : Fun Friendlies man lol keep working on that Snake/Marth/Metaknight
13: Artemis : Pika Pika Pika Pika
17: MajorGamer : You are??? hmm
17: -Sight- : Pelca we didn't get to do the bet because of a dinosaur.
17: Peachkid : Fun set keep up that Peach, I hope you unleash that hidden potential of yours!
17: AKC12 : I seen your Lucario but didn't play D:
17: Adept : DDD
17: TheZhuDoctor : ZAO NOOOO!!!
17: MetalPat : Fun doubles lol
17: Lucky D : I don't remember you...
25: Poob : Funny name
25: GTZ : That game and watch =S
25: Singer : you sing?
25: Slayers : You kill dragons?

Verm: Good seeing ya again **** Ganon, and stop losing in Pokemon Stadium 2!
Aileen: Nice to see you again too
StarLight: Being sick sucks
Tourney Venue owner: Thanks for the powerade
Anyone else I may have missed: Good stuff come again =D

HelpR

Smash Ace
5: Helper ($8.96) : Can't believe you sandbagged me and went yo pocket MK and I still lost... REVENGE NEXT TIME! D:<
lol, pocket MK?

nah dude, I dont use lucas as my main anymore, in fact, it's the other way around, MK is my main and lucas is my pocket character. There are very few matchups where lucas is actually useful, and in most of those MK happens to be significantly better, it's just that by that point of the day I was really tired and decided to use my lucas against riot to see if i could get a win offa him due to his inexperience with the matchup.

That obviously didnt happen.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I think koolaid went mostly meta at this. he might have wen't pit a few matches. I know he went PPit all three games against me. he was scared to use meta on me he told me. He must have heard the hell and damage I brought on them so played me for real with Pit.

Prawn

Smash Master
eh no koolaids mk woulda still won tbh

his mk is getting to be the only mk thats really good aside from non-raging BC's

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
eh no koolaids mk woulda still won tbh

his mk is getting to be the only mk thats really good aside from non-raging BC's
I would expect you to say somthing like that. Really since you are part of this region. So ok sir.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
koolaids mk is getting mad legit tbh...ILL STILL BODY IT THOUGH

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
TV, when we gonna team again and take first place at a tourny starting straight from losers bracket?

Top Bottom