• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to win a matchup (#1)

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I've noticed a ton of threads lately.

Help me with Spamus
Help me with Furry Wolf.
Help me with Gorilla DK.

Want your help? Here it is.

Step One​

Learn to powershield all projectiles, and any move with over a 15-20 frame startup on reaction. Make sure you time it correctly. Make sure you powershield and release those projectiles. You don't want to hold that shield against Samus's missile, you want to tap it last second. Also expect that zair and tap twice just to be safe. Got it? Good.

POWERSHIELD *****ES.

Step Two​

Study your opponents' character. What does this mean?

1) Go to the respective character board, and read that guide. Most every board has one, it's usually stickied up at the top. Find it, read it. Read every detail. Learn the character, learn their gimmiks, their AT's, how the character works. Oh? You don't want to memorize all this? Good luck on the matchup then!

2) Read the opponents matchup thread. These usually focus on that characters' problems with the matchup and their answers to said problems if any. This helps you learn your opponents options against you, and how to best avoid scenarios they enjoy to be in. Read it several times over, but don't follow it strictly. Ever player is different.. which brings us to our next point.

3) Know your opponent. This helps moreso for the higher-leveled players, but if you know you're going to be fighting someone down the line. Watch their matches, learn their habits - study their playstyle. See what they do from the ledge, see how they recover. Learn how they approach, learn where you can punish. Study them.

Step Three

Apply your newfound matchup in as many friendlies with the best player of said matchup you can. If you are unable to attain friendlies, apply your knowledge in tournament. Keep trying, don't give up.

:nifty::leek:

Technodeath

Smash Champion

Help me with Gorilla[/b] DK.

You did something wrong mang, is it meant to be bold, or strike, I'll assume strike.

But anyways, I looked at the error first, and will read it now.

And after reading it.. it's all pretty basic..
But I suppose someone had to go and do it, because we all think it, dont we?

How can I Snake gayer than MK?\

Edi: Lol accidental grammar....

How can I make Snake gayer than MK?

napZzz

Smash Hero
the pwoershielding is a little in theory, but Ic ant lie when I say i've been powershielding A LOT more lately and how much its been helping out, probably because one of the people I play offline mostly plays tink...hahaha

Top Bottom