• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.E.A.S.T | 7-9 January 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolex

Smash Journeyman

The time has come to gather the best smashers of Europe in a glorious Super Smash Brothers Melee event in Gothenburg, Sweden. Ever wanted to test your strength versus top Swedish players such as Armada, Calle W, Hack or IVP? Then here's your chance!

When?
Friday the 7th - Sunday the 9th January 2011

Where?
Gothenburg, Sweden.

The Venue:
Nya Påvelundsskolan
Ängkärrsvägen 22, 426 77 VÄSTRA FRÖLUNDA

(Google maps)

Traveling by plane?
If your looking to go by Ryanair, you want to check for Gothenburg City Airport. From there, you take the airport buss to the Central station.

Local Transportation:
When you get to the Central station (Centralstationen), you take tram number 11 towards Saltholmen to Käringberget. The easiest way to buy tickets is to get to Tidpunkten, in the middle of Drottningtorget (Centralstationen), and buy your ticket there!
To plan your travel, use This site
(A small map on the surroundings will also come up here soon)

Entry Fee:
Melee Singles: 100 SEK*
Melee Teams: 100 SEK (each)
Entrance: Free
*About 10€

Prizes:
Singles
1: 50%
2: 30%
3: 15%
4: 5%
5: Money back.

Teams
1: 60%
2: 30%
3: 10%
4: Money back.

Events:
Main events will be the Melee Singles and Teams tournaments. If we have time, there will for sure be some crew battles and/or low tier tournament. If we have time.

Schedule:
I do not count on this to work perfectly due to well, this being a smash event and all. But this is how I would like it to go, and I've made sure to take tons of time for each event just in case.
If you haven't signed up in time, you're screwed. If your not in place for your game in a 5 min radius, your also screwed. So just be around and it should all run smoothly and we should have ton of time over for Crews and other fun things :)

Thursday:
17.00: Venue opens. We will arrange some crew battles/round robins and more fun during the evening!

Friday:
13.00: Teams tournament pools start.
16.30: Dinner break.
17.30: Teams brackets start.

Saturday:
10.00: Singles pools 1 start.
13.30: Singles pools 2 start.
15.00: Lunch break.
16.00: Singles brackets start.
20.00: Dinner
22.00: Award ceremony

Sunday:
16.00: Venue closes. Everyone needs to be out of the venue at this time so we can clean up after you.

Rules:
4 Stocks.
8 minute time limit.
Items off.
Bo3 Sets in pools and first round in brackets.
Bo5 Sets in all bracket games second rounds -> Semifinals.
Bo7 Sets in Semifinals + finals.
Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
Bring your own controller.
Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
Blizzobbling/Wobbling is allowed up to 300%.
Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.
Team Attack will be ON.
Life stealing allowed.

The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.

Neutrals 1v1:
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokémon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
None

General Rules:
I have already mentioned that I will be quite strict indeed with the times. I can't stand people not showing up on time or being generally confused. People should know the things they need to know, and if they don't, they shall ask me, or someone else in the crew.
Other then that, I want everyone to behave mature and I will let you know that I can throw anyone out for any reasons if I feel like it.
Since this is a public building, I will see no alcohol or drugs taken into it. This is strictly forbidden and will have major consequences, including the owner of the alcohol/drugs getting thrown out and banned from the tournament. You also can't smoke inside the building, but I count on people having enough common knowledge not to do that.

Random information:
If you need housing on Thursday, the venue will be open for you. I and some others will be there and we will start preparing for the event.
If you need housing from Sunday to Monday, look at the bottom of this post for the housing thread.

If you are allergic to nuts or such, where you might have an allergic reaction from being in the same room as it, you have to send me a PM and inform me about it asap.

For those who didn't know; we have SEK here in Sweden, not euro. 1 Euro is about 10 SEK.

You will sign up for the Singles tournament as you enter the building. if you then are 100% sure of who your teammate will be, you can sign up for that too.

We will have AJP at the tournament, recording games like the pro he is. He might even be able to get a stream up and running if we're lucky. If so, I'll post a link here :)

A local store and a Pizza is located about 5 minutes from the venue, easy as hell to find.

Contact persons:
Lolex (Alexander Gabrielsson)
Email: AlexanderGabrielsson@hotmail.com
Phone: +46704 379669

Aniolas (Alexander Lindgren)
Email: Nintendo1987@hotmail.com
Phone: +46735 347274

Helios (Christoffer Lindgren)
Email: Apanon@hotmail.com
Phone: +46705 133785

Confirmed list:
(In order of confirmation)
1. Lolex (TO*)
2. Helios (ATO**)
3. Aniolas (ATO)
4. MikeHaggarKJ
5. Jerk
6. Captain Jadde
7. Zoler
8. ajp_anton
9. Jack
10. Rkey
11. Nizro
12. Leffen
13. Hack
14. Random-Ness
15. _PO_
16. Calle W
17. Mazor
18. Ying
19. Kurenai
20. Rocky
21. IVP
22. Athkore
23. Android
24. GsE
25. v3stman
26. Kruse
27. Niño
28. Hara
29. ROFLCOPTER
30. MeLLiS
31. Q_
32. Efterblivne
33. MasterKai
34. Smasher89
35. Dev
36. Nedech
37. Smakis
38. raxomukus
39. apanst
40. xzx
41. ccst
42. Pelle
43. Fearoth
44. Svampen
45. Arf
46. Kuja
47. GK_
48. Prince Jinzo
49. RTpmwe (FI)
50. Paju (FI)
51. Fuzzyness (UK)
52. Vanity Angel (UK)
53. Beast (UK)
54. MasterTK (FI)
55. udikku (FI)
56. EK
57. mayhem (FI)
58. bËst (FI)
59. NamiNami (FI)
60. Laatikko (FI)
61. saska (FI)
62. Jekkukissa (FI)
63. Salevits (FI)
64. Timid (AT)
65. Kiw1 (AT)
66. Pasi (AT)
67. Falcinho (AT)
68. -Ice- (GER)
69. Aivosaha (FI)
70. Wschl (GER)
71. Seksy (GER)
72. .tea© (GER)
73. Yomi-no-Kuni (GER)
74. KjaB (GER)
75. Baxon (FR)
76. Ltax (FI)
77. ZetTroxX (GER)
78. kalzu (FI)
79. Kohake
80. Luma (GER)
81. Däumling (GER)
82. Drrrwish (GER)
83. Pamaro (GER)
84. Jeapie (NL)
85. Martelol (NO)
86. Armada
87. Anami
88. Gamba
89. Bailey
90. Pepito
91. UchihaJP (NL)
92. Zgetto (NL)
93. Amsah (NL)
94. Happosai (NL)
95. Ryuker (NL)
96. Liva
97. Viper
98. Jeppe
99. Kroppkakor
100. Smash Alex
101. Lootic
102. Dual
103. FATY
104. ISQB
105. O
106. ESA
107. Salepate (FR)
108. porc (FR)
109. M0ze (NO)
110. Smel (NO)
111. Isa
112. BeatStick
113. Sushi
114. Lamp
115. 1/4
116. King Funk (DK)
117. Doraki (FR)
118. Eagle (DK)
119. Oskar (DK)
120. Joanna Dark (FR)
121. LordYggdrasil (FR)
122. Lukahn (FR)
123. Nedved (FR)
124. Jonas (DK)
125. Stelzig (DK)

*Tournament Organizer
**Assistant Tournament Organizer
(People without a "country tag" are from Sweden.)

Housing thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11563008#post11563008

Teams thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11839187#post11839187

The B.E.A.S.T Combo Video Contest!

Yes, we want You to create a nice combo video including Swedish players at their best. It has to be ready before Monday Januari 3 and it can not be any longer then 3 minutes. Our jury will look over all the movies sent into us and pick a winner, who will win these prices:

- The video will be shown in the opening speach of B.E.A.S.T!
- Eternal Glory for being the first winner of The B.E.A.S.T Combo Video Contest!
- A small but glorious cup!
- Free entrance to both tournaments!

Please send your video or a link to a webpage with it to this adress: AlexanderGabrielsson@hotmail.com

I wish good luck to all participants and I hope to see many contributions :)

Hara

Smash Apprentice
MDSR is kinda gay and no brinstar... but I'm 20km away so I'll be there, with ma tvs, ****** with Ganon.

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
gothenburg <3

i've never been there in january, and i still didn't see anything of the city, and not enough swedish chicks. i'll think about this.

Now i think of it, can you ever see enough swedish chicks?

stelzig

Smash Lord
Gothenburg is almost as good as Varberg. Once again I can just take the ferry straight there at a low cost (like possibly cheaper for me than to go to Copenhagen). I'll probably be there if i can convince a few other danes to go.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
this tournament will be mad ****. i hope lots of OOCers come =D

oh yhea, i forgot to mention I can house 2 people. I live in a house within walking distance from the venue. =)

VilNess

Smash Champion
Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
This is good!

Yea, like we said, many Finns are interested.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Guaranteed to come to this =)

If any OOC players arrive at skavsta airport I'll be more than willing to house them. Just ask =)

RTpmwe

Smash Cadet
Coming to this with the other Finnish players.

If this is melee only as it says in the topic name I approve 115% :cool:

Hack

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there fo sho! This will be so amazing =D
Also: Amsah, I'll MM your Sheik 100 SEK with Kirby. Unless you're too scared to come ;)
(seriously though, don't miss this)

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
Great to see so much interest in only a few hours, this tournament is going to be legen- wait for it- dary!

I updated the OP a bit. Adding more bo5 games, and bo7 in semifinals and finals. Also added in Random information that we will be cooking in place, and will sell dinner on Friday and Saturday to everyone!
Every time I update the OP, I'll post about it. So don't worry about missing out on anything.

@ ivootjes: I live in Sweden and I haven't seen enough of them ;)

@ stelzig: You better talk some Danes into coming with you, you simply can't afford missing this tournament!

@ VilNess: Glad to hear, make sure to post here when you got a nice list of Finnish people coming :)

@ RTpmwe: Should I add you on the list? Are you sure your coming? :)

@ Eikelmann: I apologies for the quite short notice. This was planned to be due this summer at first, but summer's so booked up that we decided to have a winter tournament for all the tournament longing people out there. Hope you can figure out a way to get here anyway :)

@ Slhoka: That sux. You'll just have to come on B.E.A.S.T 2 i gues, if we'll ever arrange that one :p

@ Paju: Same as RTpmwe.

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Meh I´ve always wanted to go to sweden, but I can´t make it to this...
If it only was one week later...

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
ok im definitely coming to this, asked for housing in gothernburg for the 10th jan probably

I'll come down on 6th Jan

Vanity Angel will come to this too, we're teaming ;)
Beast and Jolteon will be coming

UK players gonna book tomorrow!

I'll bring my modded gamecube too <3

RTpmwe

Smash Cadet
@Lolex yes please add me, I am sure of me coming there.

From Finland there are atleast 15 intrested in coming to the tournament, but we are still sorting it out a bit.

Kurenai

Smash Rookie
Hyped shizzle!!! More people to fill the second half of the list now cmon =)=)

smakis

Smash Ace
if I'm not completly out of my way here I think a mini bus is possibly being booked from stockholm to gothenburg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom