• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winter Game Fest in 3 weeks!

SoCal Brawl

Smash Rookie
Upcoming Featured National Tournament:
Winter Game Fest VI - San Diego - January 22
-A two day event

I. Announcements
II. Upcoming Tournaments
III. Links
IV. Brawl Map
V. Smash Gatherings
IV. Player Locater

I. Announcements
-Tournaments updated
-If you live in socal and are not on the player finder please let me know! Also join our aib group in the links below

II. Upcoming Tournaments
Battle Frontier presents 2GG: It's About Time - Long Beach - 12/11
Sonic's 1st Tourney - Rialto - 12/18
Bakersfield Brawl Tournament - Bakersfield - 12/19
Winter Game Fest VI - San Diego - 01/22-23

III. Links
AIB Group: http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=13223
SoCal Power Rankings: http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=10313

SoCal Brawl

Smash Rookie
IV. Map

The colors on the map coordinate with their areas below to help you find the areas near you.

V. Smash Gatherings and Smashfests
Disclaimer: These smash events are not an open invitation for you to go, they are only here for your information. If you wish to attend contact the host and receive permission first. Contact information can be found by clicking their name.

SLO
No Information

Santa Barbara
Host: Junk
Size: Small (5-10 ppl)
Frequency: Variable/On request
Description: Personal smashfests hosted by Junk near UCSB. Usually held on request. Contact Junk for more information.
Regular Attendees: Junk, Crackle, ViceGrip, Tina, Kirds, Wayne, SRK
Link: http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=12817

Host: Crackle
Size: ?
Frequency: ?
Description: Smashfests for the UCSB campus. I dont have much information on these.

Ventura County
Host: Zork The Sexy
Size: Very Small (2-3)
Frequency: Rare/On Request
Description: A small personal gathering of a couple people at most. Located in Oxnard. Contact him for more information.
Regular Attendees: Truth, Dragulz

Santa Clarita
No Information

San Fernando Valley/818
Host: Alby
Size: Small
Frequency: Rare
Description: Personal smashfest held in Northridge. Contact Alby for more information.

Host: Jordon
Size: Small (5-6 ppl)
Frequency: Usually every 1-2 weeks, or on request
Description: A personal smashfest in Northridge. Contact Jordon for more information.
Regular Attendees: Alb, Truth, Zork

LAX
Host: Anuar
Frequency: Weekly on Fridays
Description: "For smashers who are in dead center of everything or smashers that can't travel far, this group's for you! LAX has smashfests almost every Friday! We have consistent attendees and we're looking to expand even more. If you're interested, PM [Anuar] for details."
Regular Attendees: Anuar, Commander Beef, Razkamazi, FlamewaveK, DreadCthulhu, Homicide, Stridez, Bardull, Agent Paper
Link: http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=13129

West LA
No Info

South LA
No Info

Montebello
Host: Vato_Break, Pitbull, FOX16
Frequency: Often
Description: Events hosted by members of montebello, from tournaments to smashfests. Contact any of the listed hosts for more details.
Link: http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=13063

East LA County (La Puente, Pomona)
No Info

Brea
No Info

Santa Ana
No Info

San Bernardino
Host: Senor Campos
Size: Moderate
Frequency: Often
Description: Smashfest held on the Valley College campus, anyone is welcome to attend. See the following link for more details.
Link: http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=13299

Temecula/West Riverside
No Info

Beaumont
No Info

San Diego
No Info

SoCal Brawl

Smash Rookie
VI. Player Locater

Key:
Driver - At least drives themselves
Carpool - Known to give others rides
TO - Tourmanet Organizer
SFO - Smashfest Organizer

Most names are clickable and link to a players profile as a means of contact.

SLO
quik2288
WarpStatus - Driver

Santa Barbara
A2ZOMG
Crackle- TO, SFO
Dantarion
Junk - Driver, Carpool SFO
Kirds
SRK
Tina
ViceGrip - Driver
Wayne

Ventura County
Aberu - Driver
Cecil The Cholo
Dragulze
Jake and Skate
JessiKitty
Mio - TO
Shinarouji
Someonewhodied
Skyos
Tagxy/Truth - Driver, Carpool
Ultra Luigi - Driver
Zack
Zero Cool - Driver
Zork The Sexy - SFO

Santa Clarita
Rich Brown - Driver, Carpool, TO
SouthPaw
SuSa
Tronzilla
Typh

San Fernando Valley/818
Alby - Driver
Camaman
CHOOKiE
ChAo5
Christian
Fiction
Izra
Jordon - Driver, SFO
Larry
Laurel
-Mac Miguel- - TO, SFO
MikeHaze - Driver?
Panda - TO, SFO
Pickle_Bound
S1LV3R
S2H
Soren

LAX
Anuar - SFO
Bardull - Driver?
Commander Beef
DreadCthulhu
Limited Edition
M7H - Driver
Razkmakazi - Driver
Stridez

West LA
Dookie
DSF
KSpam
Patsikk
Turd
Tyrant

South LA
FlamewaveK - Carpool
Homicide
Limited Edition
Oki
Warchief
Willyo

Montebello
Brian H
Enigma - TO
FOX16 - SFO
JeBuS
Pitbull - SFO
Shiro - Driver, Carpool
Vato_Break - TO, SFO

East LA County (La Puente, Pomona)
ALLSTAR41
Slayerz
Supatony

Brea
BAM
Blanco
Goop

Santa Ana
NISMO
OP
Agent Paper
Tony

San Bernardino
Happy Panda - Driver
However
Senor Campos - TO, SFO
Shadow Ike
Sheenster

Temecula/West Riverside
3des
Kramcakes
Mojoe
Rakan
SneakyJameZ

Beaumont and Beyond
smash hero + friends
Maize

San Diego
AEON
Alex
Automatic
Chill
Cognia
Eclipse Kirby
Falln
GEM7
Lance Stern
Hall
Havok - TO
Mae
Oats
PT guy with cute sister
Sino
sirkibble2
Tearbear - TO
Zekey - Driver, Carpool

TJ/Mexico
Ac.
Blue
Ed
Hazeo
IceDX
Josh
MogX
Nene
Rival
Soid - TO
TKD
WereK

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
none of the tournament links work

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Thanks guys. Yeah I was sort of hoping outside the info this thread could turn into a social area or for gatherings outside smash etc., preferably over the aib group. We'll see how it goes. Maybe we can be not as separated from the melee community either, they have a lot of cool peeps.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Thanks again, really appreciate it. I added some more relevant announcements, and put up the image of the new PR (with credits to the panel). New PR looks awesome, congrats again guys.

Also if anyone needs a ride to the VGBattles tournament tomorrow and lives around Northridge let me know before I leave around noon.

Annnd whenever I look at that map it makes me think of crew battles. I hope tomorrow's are done by regions, 818 + Santa Clarita vs the rest of LA sounds pretty epic, lol. Better sleep so Im not tired tomorrow...

Tagxy

Smash Lord
lol, I had nothing to do with the PR. I think those are from Pokemon Black and White, not too sure.

Also fun tournament today guys! It was really cool meeting/seeing lots of you. Nice work to Larry, Bardull and Tearbear, one of the biggest tournaments Ive seen/heard of in awhile for socal.

vato_break

Smash Master
Yeah, the attendance was very nice! Unfortunately the venue wasn't that great/host was inexperienced but, things like that tend to happen sometimes. Overall i think improvements can be made but, that venue could potentially be a good spot for future events so thats good.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
rofl, I agree 5th generation looks pretty weird.

Heres the results from VGBattles in an odd format. Ill fix it later if the results get uploaded.
1: Best rob in the world (larry) 2: Bardull 3: Thunderlips (tearbear) 4: Choconaner 5: pitbull 5: Godric 7: oki 7: Raz 9: s2h 9: Dookie 9: Nova 9: vicegrip 13: Entensity/Jordon 13: zekey 13: Eber 13: Falln 17: Kevin Magic 17: shadowrob 17: GossipGirl69 17: John Knight 17: Dnage 17: Truth 17: flamewavek 17: scizor 25: N3XU5 25: Ernie B 25: sonicrocks44 25: Desprund 25: vortex 25: S1lv3r 25: Zork 25: Rickysam 33: Eddy 33: BVA 33: Alan Gonzalez 33: Taylor Zarifian 33: Keith Knotge 33: Nathan V. 33: Wrath 33: MSK 33: Stanton Maack 33: Jouno 33: rikku 33: Maxwell Zarifian 33: lucasflares012 33: Pasriac 49: Alb
There was also a lot of people there who didnt enter for different reasons like typh, jmo, etc. It was a lot of fun but like vato said needs several improvements.

And skyos do you drive? I live in Oxnard and usually we have several people who are down to play pretty often, Zork can host a few people but we are sort of starved for places to actually play at :/.

Edit: Oh yeah and my clefairy comeback in PS1 felt pretty amazing.

SoCal Brawl

Smash Rookie
Featured Tournaments updated, make your plans to go to SD 13! Post here to search/offer carpools or look in the player finder and ask anyone that might be able to help.

Ill be making a big update to the player finder sometime later with all the information people have been giving me, thanks for everyones assistance

Hall

Smash Ace
It's a good thread with up to date shiz. I appreciate the effort you put in to this

Top Bottom